Options

[Dyson Sphere Program] Factorio + Supreme Commander + Crack

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Bonepart wrote: »
    I think centralized versus local is a early game vs late game issue. I started out making everything local but now that I'm in the late game and resources are running out on my manufacturing worlds I'm creating centralized processing centers and shipping everything in from off world

Yeah, there is definitely a bit of "if you try to plan your perfect layout from start you will drive yourself mad" issue. That SS is from a planet in a different system than the one I started in, and for the most part was designed from the ground up for the products I wanted to make and ship elsewhere. Homeworld is still more or less spaghetti with about 7 logistic stations just for shipping things around on the same planet in a futile attempt to untangle it all. Pretty sure there are a couple items being shipped via drone that are already being moved via conveyor both to and from the same general area, especially after I set my refined oil and hydrogen on circular routes to try and equalize distribution.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BonepartBonepart Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Now that I searched out an acid sea I'm seriously considering shutting down my acid and graphene (I have fire ice as well now) production on my home world. Really, I don't see a need to process oil at all anymore. Well, except for plastic production. I guess I'm still in the oil business!

Bonepart on
    XBL Gamertag: Ipori
  • Options
    Now that I searched out an acid sea I'm seriously considering shutting down my acid and graphene (I have fire ice as well now) production on my home world. Really, I don't see a need to process oil at all anymore. Well, except for plastic production. I guess I'm still in the oil business!

Best thing to do with surplus refined oil is to burn it for power. Next best would be to set up more oil refineries, these to X-Ray refinement, and turn that oil with some hydrogen into more hydrogen and a bit of graphene. After all, you can never have too much hydrogen.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    One of the coolest things about this game is it comes with a ready made megaproject. As my dyson sphere project progresses I'm deriving more and more of my power generation needs from it. I've dismantled all of my thermal power stations and turned down a third of the fusion power generators as well in my home system

Since I'm good on power (and gas giants for hydrogen) I'm reclaiming a lot of real estate for other projects :biggrin:

Of course to each their own! I may change up my priorities later :+1:

• Options
    Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    Presented without comment:
    fkru5gzuyoqr.jpg

• Options
    I'm thinking mostly of the Dueterium you make with Hydrogen, since it's used in the fuel cells you need for the rockets that set up the Dyson Sphere's frame, as well as strange matter for graviton lenses. Not to mention hydrogen getting used in the Casmir crystals that are a stepping stone for quantum chips used in rockets and the green gravity cubes. I think I consume something close to 2k of the stuff every minute, though part of that might be because I've been transitioning dueterium production from the .5% chance whirlygigs (that's what I call them in my head) to the 10 H-1 to 5 H-2 recipie from the particle colliders for faster production in place of resource efficiency.

Also, my starting system's gas giant was frozen, which while it does mean fire ice, also means it's actually kinda poor for regular hydrogen production.

I haven't been spamming ray receivers to keep up with the MWs my sphere is producing either, though that's more because it doesn't feel like you *should* be able to plop down as many of the things you need to claim all that power, and yet somehow never have to worry about the loss of efficiency without having to use graviton lenses just by setting them all up at the poles. That said, I've just finish setting up the basic process to switch them to photon production and start making antimatter, which has seen most of my power worries disappear overnight, to the point I'm starting to wonder if I should be automating the construction of acumulators and use energy Exchangers to power worlds in other Dyson-less systems...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Foefaller wrote: »
    Best thing to do with surplus refined oil is to burn it for power

I should have quoted you. My power talk was in response to the above :biggrin:

I'm envious of your early access to fire ice! Pretty amazing how it changes the start though. I set up on my gas giant more to get the deuterium. I was already drowning in hydrogen!

Unless I'm mistaken graviton lenses don't help with efficiency, they double the max power the ray receivers can put out. My ray receivers went from a max of 12.5MW to 25 MW. I'm just about to start changing to proton production though, so I'm looking forward to that adventure!

I'm not sure what exactly my thoughts on acumulators and energy exchangers are just yet. I was initially put off by the shear amount of acumulators you would need, but that was earlier. Now I have more manufacturing might, so I may have to revisit the idea

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Foefaller wrote: »
    Best thing to do with surplus refined oil is to burn it for power

I should have quoted you. My power talk was in response to the above :biggrin:

I'm envious of your early access to fire ice! Pretty amazing how it changes the start though. I set up on my gas giant more to get the deuterium. I was already drowning in hydrogen!

Unless I'm mistaken graviton lenses don't help with efficiency, they double the max power the ray receivers can put out. My ray receivers went from a max of 12.5MW to 25 MW. I'm just about to start changing to proton production though, so I'm looking forward to that adventure!

I'm not sure what exactly my thoughts on acumulators and energy exchangers are just yet. I was initially put off by the shear amount of acumulators you would need, but that was earlier. Now I have more manufacturing might, so I may have to revisit the idea

Some of the flavor text around the tech/building/etc suggests that graviton lens are suppose to increase the "height" of the building they are supercharging by ionizing the atmosphere above it (assuming the planet has one) giving the receiver more connection time, and therefore maintain max efficiency. This supposed functionality, however, is moot because you can already get 100% uptime on your Ray receivers the moment you unlock by placing them on the poles, even during that hemisphere's winter, usually even if that planet's axis is tilted enough to have polar nights.

The second, and the only current observable function of graviton lenses is to double the amount of power they can output or photons they can generate, but since this also doubles the amount of MWs the receiver draws from the Dyson Sphere, it's kinda questionable why you would bother with it until you reach the point there is no longer enough space at a high enough latitude to build any more ray receivers to collect any power that would otherwise be lost.

TL:DR, using Graviton Lens currently makes little sense outside of certain circumstances and I suspect that Ray Receivers are going to get some level of overhaul before the game's out of EA that will make other forms of power generation more important up until the point you can constantly feed them lenses and/or use antimatter.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I like how you can run your mech on pretty much anything that burns, even if its not a good idea. Fear my wood-powered titan, mortals! For a long time I was using raw coal in my mech (and power plants) not realizing that energized graphite can be refined directly from coal and is better in pretty much every way. Hydrogen is better but doesn't stack well, I'm assuming the next logical step will be proper hydrogen fuel cells, but I'm going to need titanium for that. I can see that the game is pushing me towards leaving the planet to go and get titanium, but there's always just one more thing to tweak on my starting planet.

• Options
    From what I understand, Hydrogen Fuel Cells are an improvement to your power generation, at least in terms of total reserves and recovery rate, but not so much your factories when using Thermal Generators. This is because the Fuel Cell generates the same wattage over time as the hydrogen that is used to make it, so there is an actual energy loss converting hydrogen to fuel cells for the purpose of factory power, unlike graphite which is a net gain over using coal both for you and the base.

Real jump comes when you can start making Deuterium (a stable Hydrogen isotope with a neutron, rather than the exceedingly more common Protium Hydrogen whose nucleus is composed of just a single proton) and convert that into Deuterium fuel cells you can toss into a mini fusion reactor. That said, the super-magnetic coils needed to make them does make switching your entire power to fusion probably more expensive than it's worth (though then again, it would be a good excuse to mind the bleep out of any system you come across for all it's iron.)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RightfulSinRightfulSin Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Alright guys. I caved. I pulled the trigger and bought this while it was slightly discounted at 17.99 on Steam. I haven't downloaded it yet, will setup my PC to do that when head to bed tonight. Looking forward to hopping into this.

Haven't played Factorio before, but have played tons of Satisfactory and adored that. Can't wait to create MOAR Spaghetti!

RightfulSin on
    "If nothing is impossible, than would it not be impossible to find something that you could not do?" - Me
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Does this scratch more of the Factorio itch than Satisfactory? I like Satisfactory, but it never seemed to click with me like Factorio does.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    It's a solid middleground between the two. It's easier to set things up than Factorio (and dealing with oil is MUCH less complex), but a much much larger scale than Satisfactory. I'd also say you progress a lot faster than Satisfactory, as you can move between production points much faster in general.

Using different planets sort of forces you to compartmentalize production, but it also lets you do it. Once you figure out the interplanetary towers, you can easily set up an entire planet to churn out massive amounts of just a few items, then basically forget it completely and have an effectively unlimited supply of those materials.

You can't build insane megastuctures like Satisfactory or hugeass artillery trains like Factorio, but I never did that stuff anyway.

• Options
    NoughtNought Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    And transport between long distances is much easier than trains in factorio. Now, if you love playing with trainsets, that can be a detriment.

Also, you start with construction drones, which is a part of factorio I never got to.

Building stuff by hand is much easier, but I think it might be too easy, since I'm almost done with Yellow tech, and only now have realized that I really need an automated mall for all the logistic bits.

An easy way to get a lot of power kinda early is to build a belt of Solar collectors aound the equator of you starting planet.

You need something like 300-400 collectors and quite a bit of foundations, but I build all the collectors by hand. And if you setup a stone to silicon operation, you can do it before going off planet.

I get about 100MWs from mine.

Edit: So, 100MW might not be completly true. I ripped out som termal powerplants I had set up to burn refined oil and hydrogen from a well, and my power surplus whent down more than 20MW. So a collector ring most likely give somwhere in the region of 50-60MW.

Nought on
    On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    The interface for this game feels really good!

Satisfactory is a solid game, but playing it I kept finding myself thinking about Factorio's interface, and how it's overall just so much simpler to use. It always just felt inherently tougher to pull off big projects, and not quite as right. I chalked a lot of it up to the isometric 2D perspective of Factorio just working better for mass construction stuff than an FPS camera.

Well, this game may actually make it easier to pull off large scale crazy stuff than Factorio. So far I want to say it feels better than Factorio on that angle, and it's just overall really pleasant to work with.

I saw someone say they deadended at oil economy in Factorio, and that this game pulls it off better. It does, and it does so by having almost exactly the same oil production process as Factorio. But the mechanics of placing and routing conveyor belts for complicated production lines are just better in this, and I like it a lot! If you want to be critical it's "easier", but I love Factorio and this game has proven to me that being a bit simpler and more forgiving on the logistics side is great.

It's also necessary with trying to pull off a grid on a curved planet, so tons of credit to the developers for finding a solution that feels good.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    OMG YES THANK YOU SO MUCH
    Dev update wrote:
    Quick Upgrade: You will be able to upgrade some of the buildings and conveyors by directly build (cover/overlap/displace) the higher grade facilities on the lower grade facilities, instead of demolish the lower grade one in advance.

• Options
    Played for a bit today. A lot of the base level logistics is directly ripped from Satisfactory. A lot of the models look really similar as well. It's maybe *just* Factorio-ized enough to get away with saying it's not a direct ripoff? Like instead of the belts going into a port on the side of the assembler, you have to connect it with a sorter... into ports on the side of the building. And you can use multiple ports to speed up item insertion / removal.

The blue energon cube science level is fine, but I'm having a hard time figuring out throughput to maximize efficiency.

Disappointing that there's no external force to keep you on your toes like the Biters. The lack of external pressure (and having to do so many things manually!) was what turned me off from Satisfactory.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Played for a bit today. A lot of the base level logistics is directly ripped from Satisfactory. A lot of the models look really similar as well. It's maybe *just* Factorio-ized enough to get away with saying it's not a direct ripoff? Like instead of the belts going into a port on the side of the assembler, you have to connect it with a sorter... into ports on the side of the building. And you can use multiple ports to speed up item insertion / removal.

The blue energon cube science level is fine, but I'm having a hard time figuring out throughput to maximize efficiency.

Disappointing that there's no external force to keep you on your toes like the Biters. The lack of external pressure (and having to do so many things manually!) was what turned me off from Satisfactory.

from the devs
    more detailed Game Development Roadmap will be published after Chinese New Year holidays. Tons of contents you are looking forward are included in it - such as "Combats", "Assembly Space Platform", "Workshops", etc.

So there is still the chance of some external pressure. You can see in your mecha panel (C) that it has a value for HP.

Kamiro on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Supposedly combat of some sort is on the horizon of the game. Very intrigued to see what that'll be but I'm enjoying it without that pressure a whole lot anyway.

• Options
    edited January 2021

It's really completely different once you get used the sorters. Sorters are much more flexible than the "linking up a belt to this port" thing that Satisfactory does. It's just more forgiving -- you have specific slots in Satisfactory, and you have to beat the pathing to get that conveyer belt in that specific slot. This game has the slots, but the sorters make the slots work to adapt to your conveyor belts, as opposed to forcing you to adapt your belt logistics to fit the belt in this one very specific spot that Satisfactory demands (with bigger buildings it's more than 1 slot in Satisfactory, but you still have to fit the belt to the spot).

The sorters just fudge the difference instead of demanding exact pathing. They can work with suboptimal janky setups -- you can loop the belt around or you can just have it run straight up to the building and stop. The sorter will find a way! It's the magic that makes this curved world 3D zanyness compare so well to Factorio for me (I mean that purely from a logistics standpoint because it's so key to the genre -- factorio has more content right now and I'm not ready to compare which is better/worse overall). Functionally they're almost identical to the grabby arms in Factorio -- they just look different, and combine all of the sorting/long reach variations into one.

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Fiatil wrote: »

It's really completely different once you get used the sorters. Sorters are much more flexible than the "linking up a belt to this port" thing that Satisfactory does. It's just more forgiving -- you have specific slots in Satisfactory, and you have to beat the pathing to get that conveyer belt in that specific slot. This game has the slots, but the sorters make the slots work to adapt to your conveyor belts, as opposed to forcing you to adapt your belt logistics to fit the belt in this one very specific spot that Satisfactory demands (with bigger buildings it's more than 1 slot in Satisfactory, but you still have to fit the belt to the spot).

The sorters just fudge the difference instead of demanding exact pathing. They can work with suboptimal janky setups -- you can loop the belt around or you can just have it run straight up to the building and stop. The sorter will find a way! It's the magic that makes this curved world 3D zanyness compare so well to Factorio for me (I mean that purely from a logistics standpoint because it's so key to the genre -- factorio has more content right now and I'm not ready to compare which is better/worse overall). Functionally they're almost identical to the grabby arms in Factorio -- they just look different, and combine all of the sorting/long reach variations into one.

with the one difference in that a sorter will always grab an item whereas a regular inserter will miss on a really fast belt, especially around curves

• Options
    Yeah I felt like I was fanboying them too much already -- they're actually better than the grabby arms! They'll make up for weird gaps and stuff (like if you draw your conveyer belt a bit too far away, they'll just reach for the next section within reason), whereas the grabby arms are more rigid and rule based.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i love watching coal inserters just kinda flail at trying to catch stuff off a red belt tho.

slow goofballs

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Ugh god please no combat in this

Or at least the option to turn it off

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Ugh god please no combat in this

Or at least the option to turn it off

It would be dumb as hell to not have it be a toggle.

There are clearly some people who would like it, but I would be shocked if it's not a toggle. Given how much this game is clearly inspired by factorio (and it releasing in early access and becoming popular when it has no combat), I feel like it will be just as easy to turn on/off.

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I never bought Factorio because it came out during a busy time in my life and I was concerned that it would consume my life. I think I was right to be worried.

So how does this work once you get to multiple solar systems? The ultimate end-goal is the last research task, which takes 4000 white cubes, correct? So how does the building of the Dyson Sphere factor into that goal? I'm assuming some late-game stuff will need a ridiculous amount of power and the sphere is the only reasonable way to get it? Can you build multiple spheres?

• Options
    Is there a blueprinting system I'm missing? I'd love to cut and paste some of these factories.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    You can copy and paste recipes with < and >, but I suspect you're talking about the ability to copy + paste whole chunks of infrastructure, in which case no. Its a very common request though so I would expect to see it at some point.

Also, a letter from the developers was posted on the subreddit:
    Dear Engineers,

How’s your galaxy factory going? It has been a week since the launching of Dyson Sphere Program. We’re so glad that Dyson Sphere Program can be liked by such a lot of players, and didn't expect it to reach 350,000 sold copies in one week! It's such a surprise that both encouraged us and pressure us. At the moment, the team is still busy in the game development and debugging to answer the support questions we have received from every single individual and to make the game have less problems and more fun.

Your expectations on Dyson Sphere Program's potential was provided to us by the feedback and suggestions. Don't worry, most of the expectations are already in our roadmap. But Rome wasn't built in A day, neither the 'Combat', 'Assembly Space Platform' or 'Workshops'.

Today we are going to tell 'what we are going to done before Chinese New Year' (the holidays will begin at 11th February). Most of them are the burning problems from your feedback. Let's take a look:

What we are going to done before 11th February?

Quick Upgrade: You will be able to upgrade some of the buildings and conveyors by directly build (cover/overlap/displace) the higher grade facilities on the lower grade facilities, instead of demolish the lower grade one in advance.
    Keybinding: It's a very important function for many of you, engineers. We will finish it before 11th February.
    Framework of logistics management system: A basic management framework will be setup to the logistics system. Of course, it will be still 'basic' at February that may only bring 'basic' logistic solution for you, such as the farthest transportation distance and the quantity requirement of delivering goods. The logistic system will be fleshed with the progress of game development in the future.
    A more detailed Game Development Roadmap will be published after Chinese New Year holidays. Tons of contents you are looking forward are included in it - such as "Combats", "Assembly Space Platform", "Workshops", etc.
    At the end of the letter, from the bottom of our heart, thank you!!!

So I guess that's confirmation that we're getting combat in some form or another. I did notice that the mech has a HP statistic that doesn't currently seem to be used for anything.

Mr Ray on
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Is there a blueprinting system I'm missing? I'd love to cut and paste some of these factories.

No blue prints yet, and if they do add them it'll be weird with the curved planet. A blueprint made at the equator won't lay out correctly at a pole.

Also Patch plans before the Chinese new year per the Devs! I am very excited to be able to upgrade buildings and conveyors in place.

"Dear Engineers,

How’s your galaxy factory going? It has been a week since the launching of Dyson Sphere Program. We’re so glad that Dyson Sphere Program can be liked by such a lot of players, and didn't expect it to reach 350,000 sold copies in one week! It's such a surprise that both encouraged us and pressure us. At the moment, the team is still busy in the game development and debugging to answer the support questions we have received from every single individual and to make the game have less problems and more fun.

Your expectations on Dyson Sphere Program's potential was provided to us by the feedback and suggestions. Don't worry, most of the expectations are already in our roadmap. But Rome wasn't built in A day, neither the 'Combat', 'Assembly Space Platform' or 'Workshops'.

Today we are going to tell 'what we are going to done before Chinese New Year' (the holidays will begin at 11th February). Most of them are the burning problems from your feedback. Let's take a look:

What we are going to done before 11th February?

Keybinding: It's a very important function for many of you, engineers. We will finish it before 11th February.

Framework of logistics management system: A basic management framework will be setup to the logistics system. Of course, it will be still 'basic' at February that may only bring 'basic' logistic solution for you, such as the farthest transportation distance and the quantity requirement of delivering goods. The logistic system will be fleshed with the progress of game development in the future.

A more detailed Game Development Roadmap will be published after Chinese New Year holidays. Tons of contents you are looking forward are included in it - such as "Combats", "Assembly Space Platform", "Workshops", etc.

At the end of the letter, from the bottom of our heart, thank you!!!"

Edit: Beated

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Do they actually use polar coordinates? I haven't been to the poles. Stuff seems to snap to the grid pretty well.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Along with blueprints, I would love a tool that lets you point an autonomous drone to a box full of buildings, give it a latitude, and then it just goes around the planet planting those buildings until it loops back to the start. That would really save a lot of time with things like placing solar panels.

A blueprint system definitely needs to be a thing, though, it's just such an obvious step for a game like this where scaling up is limited mostly to what you're willing to spend the time setting down.

• Options
    Do they actually use polar coordinates? I haven't been to the poles. Stuff seems to snap to the grid pretty well.

stuff snaps real easy going east/west. It's when you make a line of stuff north/south that it gets annoying since it all converges to a single point. you'll see the size of the squares change up

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    There needs to be an easier way to move storage boxes, and also a way to destroy items.

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    There needs to be an easier way to move storage boxes, and also a way to destroy items.

Yeah, I'm having an issue with excess hydrogen currently, there doesn't seem to be any way to just get rid of it other than make a bunch of power plants to burn it.

• Options

Select the stack in your inventory then press the Delete key

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Mr Ray wrote: »
    I never bought Factorio because it came out during a busy time in my life and I was concerned that it would consume my life. I think I was right to be worried.

So how does this work once you get to multiple solar systems? The ultimate end-goal is the last research task, which takes 4000 white cubes, correct? So how does the building of the Dyson Sphere factor into that goal? I'm assuming some late-game stuff will need a ridiculous amount of power and the sphere is the only reasonable way to get it? Can you build multiple spheres?

Once you get to warp travel (especially for your logistics stations) you can really start scaling your manufacturing to massive levels. Rare resources, particularly Fire Ice, Unipolar magnets, and minable versions of crystals and sulfuric acid will let you skip large parts of the normal manufacturing process for more advanced materials, and from what I can tell, most systems also have one or two basic resources where they have over ten million or more to harvest, especially those orbiting one of the rarer stars.

The white cubes take antimatter, which requires energized photons, which can only be made with ray receivers. The photon generation mode also draws a lot more power from the dyson sphere than going straight to power as well, up to 125mw + whatever it takes to make up for loss efficiency when they're consuming lenses, and that still only nets you 10 photons a minute, which you probably want to use to make antimatter fuel cells for your mecha and the mini sun power facility as well.

...and you can build a dyson sphere around every star in the game if that's you thing. I think you can even do them around "stars" where that make no sense, like neutron stars and black holes, though that currentlydoesn't do anything special than give you a dyson sphere that's crap for power generation though.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Kamiro wrote: »

Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    The Devs mentioned adding some kind of system to track your logistics, but until then here is a tip for anyone who hasn’t noticed it yet

If you open your map (M) from that view you can click on any of your towers on planet to see what they are set for. Makes it easy to get a quick view of what your planets logistics are

In other news I lost a few more brave freighter Captains to the void. I noticed the ice ball where I get my fire ice is loaded with titanium, so I added a titanium processing facility there so I could also make carbon nanotubes on planet. Of course since I also made that titanium available cluster wide my valiant Captains decided they were tired of getting the titanium from the lava planet in system

That’s what I get for thinking early on THIS tower doesn’t need warp charges

Bonepart on
  • Options
    Kamiro wrote: »

Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

ARE KIDDING ME.

I've seriously got something like a small downtown of just hydrogen storage towers. I wonder if you can mass-delete with Ctrl?

• Options
    edited January 2021
    The Devs mentioned adding some kind of system to track your logistics, but until then here is a tip for anyone who hasn’t noticed it yet

If you open your map (M) from that view you can click on any of your towers on planet to see what they are set for. Makes it easy to get a quick view of what your planets logistics are

In other news I lost a few more brave freighter Captains to the void. I noticed the ice ball where I get my fire ice is loaded with titanium, so I added a titanium processing facility there so I could also make carbon nanotubes on planet. Of course since I also made that titanium available cluster wide my valiant Captains decided they were tired of getting the titanium from the lava planet in system

That’s what I get for thinking early on THIS tower doesn’t need warp charges

Pretty much the first thing I build in a new planet-sometimes even before whatever supply chain actually brought me there- is the interatellar logistic station, an assembler set to make space warpers about five tiles away, and coveyors to take the green cubes to the assembler and warpers to the logistics station.

If you set the storage limit for the cubes to 100 before setting demand, it will get overfilled quite a bit, which is a good thing, and with no storage other than the station for warpers (which caps at 50) it will be a long time before it will need another shipment, yet you can be almost 100% certain that they will have the charges they need for whatever dumb trips or uses they decide to take.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png