Options

🖥️🎮 - Loop Hero, Everhood, Until the Last Plane & Sir Brante out today!

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Popup Dungeon may be a good one as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21qFYBC5Owc

• Options
    KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »
    Oh man Shining Force brings back memories.

I can confirm that WarGroove is good! It is closer to Advance Wars than SF/FE due to each map having an economy and production rather than a set number of units.

Yeah

WarGroove doesn't have any sense of character progression from what I played.

I'm looking for that distinct character/leveling up/tactics kinda game

again, it's really hard for me to describe why something like Shining Force is what I want but not FF Tactics as they check a lot of similar boxes.

• Options
    KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    I tried popup dungeon and I really hated the look of it

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    tactics ogre is literally final fantasy tactics with a different style. they're not on pc though, you would need a gba(or dslite)/psp to play them

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Baidol wrote: »
    Oh man Shining Force brings back memories.

I can confirm that WarGroove is good! It is closer to Advance Wars than SF/FE due to each map having an economy and production rather than a set number of units.

Yeah

WarGroove doesn't have any sense of character progression from what I played.

I'm looking for that distinct character/leveling up/tactics kinda game

again, it's really hard for me to describe why something like Shining Force is what I want but not FF Tactics as they check a lot of similar boxes.
    Disgaea and the other NIS games are honestly the closest I can think of structurally, but they're also a lot.

Like, those idle games that are all about just building your machine to feed the number curve. Except a tactics game.
    Edit: though if you only care about story they're easily completable without falling too deep down that rabbit hole.
    They're just... very much built for rabbit chasers.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »
    milski wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »
    3clipse wrote: »
    At least one of the firms that tried to short GameStop is already talking lawsuit and by god I hope they try to sue a subreddit.

"How dare you stop us from manipulating the market by manipulating our manipulation"?

Shorting is not market manipulation. Neither is mass, organized, decentralized action, but it's closer to market manipulation than shorting stock.

Isn't one of the shorters infamous for basically shorting stock for companies he considers "weak" then producing financial videos declaring as such from his place of "authority"? That seems pretty manipulative to me.

Saying "I am doing this thing and here is why" is not market manipulation, no.

From what I've read they are not telling people what they're doing regarding their own financial stake in the company, they're telling people that X company is going to die for whatever reasons and then reaping the profits as their lemmings do what lemmings do best

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Trying to stave off the urge to buy Yakuza LAD since I’m only a quarter of the way through Persona 5 Royal, but it’s very difficult!

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Brolo wrote: »
    Tube wrote: »
    Reminder to please quote and source your tweets

tube hey just to be clear

do you want the full text of a tweet copied for every single tweet?

what should we do for tweets that are primarily just videos or images?

and for things like game release tweets, like I have in the OP, is that game date/title/description enough context, or should I also copy the text?

@Brolo, ideally the text would be quoted, for people who can't open tweets. You're kind of a unique use case for this one.

• Options
    Like I don't want to make this great service that you provide for the community into a huge pain in the ass.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Politics ONCE AGAIN ruining gaming, smdh

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

Text:
    https://twitter.com/seaofstarsgame/
    Some of you have been asking whether there would be a World Map. Yes.
    #madewithunity #screenshotsaturday #gamedev

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhU_K3DVIN4
    oh this looks... real nice

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Like I don't want to make this great service that you provide for the community into a huge pain in the ass.

what if he wants to be punished

for being a bad boy

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    what if he wants you to dress up like the big vampire and step on him????

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCMHnKpt4IM
    Scavengers Studio creative director accused of belittling, screaming at, groping employees
    Current and former employees of Season studio say Simon Darveau's toxic actions were enabled by co-owner Amélie Lamarche

GamesIndustry.biz has spoken to nine current and former employees of the Montreal-based Scavengers Studio who worked with the company at some point over the past four years, all of whom spoke with us under the condition of anonymity for fear of reprisal. They described a company largely composed of talented people working on projects they deeply cared about across both Darwin Project and Season. However, they also said that the excitement and creativity surrounding both games was tainted by a toxic work environment fostered by the studio's co-founders: creative director Simon Darveau (formerly founder of Spearhead Games and a designer at Ubisoft) and his romantic partner at the time of the studio's founding, CEO Amélie Lamarche.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2021-01-25-scavengers-studio-creative-director-accused-of-belittling-screaming-at-groping-employees

oh fuck me, I was so excited when this was announced

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Oh. Oh no...! :(

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    my guy saying women playing guitars wasn't realistic because it's too complicated and they should be playing ukuleles instead

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I got the furthest in Qud yet, I found the underground city of high tech albino gorillas who seemingly sent me to some sort of sewage processing plant where I was processed like sewage

• Options
    No one should be playing ukuleles

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I got the furthest in Qud yet, I found the underground city of high tech albino gorillas who seemingly sent me to some sort of sewage processing plant where I was processed like sewage

Was that Grit Gate? For me it was hyper intelligent bears who sent me to Golgotha, where I have, so far, narrowly, avoided being processed with the sewage.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    No one should be playing ukuleles

Because it's cultural appropriation, or

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Hobnail wrote: »

Was that Grit Gate? For me it was hyper intelligent bears who sent me to Golgotha, where I have, so far, narrowly, avoided being processed with the sewage.
    The way Golgotha works is this:

There are four chutes on the surface, randomly arranged, that you can jump down. One leads to mostly fire traps. One leads to mostly spark traps. One leads to mostly acid traps. And one leads to crabs.

If you jump down the crab hole you're fucking dead and there's nothing anyone can do to stop it. I've never come out of the crab hole. I can't conceptualize what the process would look like even as a hypothetical. True Kin can use a Sphinx Salt injector before jumping and then go back in time and pick a different one if it turns out it was the crab hole, but mutants don't get that effect, so I have no idea how to not have a random 25% chance of certain death on a mutant.

Wyvern on
    Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Have you considered jumping down there with a tub of butter?

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    One former employee described an incident that occurred during a team meeting on Season, where one group was presenting its idea to have the main character, Abby, be able to play the guitar. Someone remarked in front of the group that this feature "wasn't realistic" because the guitar was too complicated for a woman, and that she should play a ukulele instead. This remark went unchallenged.
    What.

I think I would immediately get up and walk out of the building if I heard that.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Caves of Qud also has a like weirdly great atmospheric soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycoFERcRpsk

That track goes kind of nuts

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    the stock market is an RPG

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    the stock market is an RPG

Roguelike RPG. Like REALLY old-school roguelike.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    it's only an rpg if it's made in the Rogue part of france

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    it's only an rpg if it's made in the Rogue part of france

Otherwise it's just Sparkling Make-believe.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    so uh hey, Celeste 2 is out
    https://mattmakesgames.itch.io/celeste-classic-2
    https://radicaldreamland.bandcamp.com/album/celeste-classic-2-lanis-trek-original-sound-version

For Celeste's 3rd birthday Maddy Thorson and the other Celeste folks made a new sequel (in 3 days) to Celeste Classic, the original PICO-8 game that the full Celeste we all know is based on. It uses an entirely different movement system, it's neat, plus a new soundtrack by Lena Raine
    We said we probably wouldn't make a sequel to Celeste, but we never said anything about Celeste Classic

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Can we just take a moment to appreciate @Brolo who has given us, among many many other excellent things, Star Citizen experiences, daily lists of games coming out, and Freespace 2 references in regards to stock prices?

Because Brolo, I appreciate you.

• Options
    FUCK brolo

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Uh, rude

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I mean if Brolo's up for it yeah, fucking Brolo might be a good way to express our appreciation. Show him a good time.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I beat Celeste 2
    jiZD6C8.png?1

Much like Celeste classic and Celeste HD, fuck getting all the berries.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I couldn't make it past the start of stage 2, couldn't figure out what to do with the jump pad

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    I couldn't make it past the start of stage 2, couldn't figure out what to do with the jump pad

did you try jumping on it?

broken image link
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    You know folks I'm not sure about this Jack Baker fella

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Those bastards. They give you a grappling hook so you think it's a grappling hook game, but it's actually a shell-jumping game.

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    FUCK brolo

I mean you should at least buy him dinner first.

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    it's not transactional

liEt3nH.png
This discussion has been closed.