Options

🖥️🎮 - Loop Hero, Everhood, Until the Last Plane & Sir Brante out today!

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Closed the window on my first attempt while I was on that snowball room.

second run:
    u83utymp9pfd.png

third run:
    3kjoc80ouzdr.png

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Put in a few more hours into Dyson Sphere tonight. Finally got my main planet teched up enough to start sending solar sails to the sun to collect power. I'm going to have to start automating more buildings and components though. I had an hour long replicator queue tonight and that just sucks.

Also you can change the layout of the sorters! you can make nice bridges.

l3mgzum7f4gi.jpg
    1y510ac1s5qm.jpg

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Tube wrote: »
    Like I don't want to make this great service that you provide for the community into a huge pain in the ass.

what if he wants to be punished

for being a bad boy

We'll make him work hospitality in Florida

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    It's so cool flying between planets and seeing all your solar sails in orbit or being launched. I'm excited to get to the actual Dyson sphere building.

I have new components to automate, but I just keep building refineries because my red matrices can never seem to keep up.

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Scavengers Studio creative director accused of belittling, screaming at, groping employees
    Current and former employees of Season studio say Simon Darveau's toxic actions were enabled by co-owner Amélie Lamarche

GamesIndustry.biz has spoken to nine current and former employees of the Montreal-based Scavengers Studio who worked with the company at some point over the past four years, all of whom spoke with us under the condition of anonymity for fear of reprisal. They described a company largely composed of talented people working on projects they deeply cared about across both Darwin Project and Season.

However, they also said that the excitement and creativity surrounding both games was tainted by a toxic work environment fostered by the studio's co-founders: creative director Simon Darveau (formerly founder of Spearhead Games and a designer at Ubisoft) and his romantic partner at the time of the studio's founding, CEO Amélie Lamarche.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2021-01-25-scavengers-studio-creative-director-accused-of-belittling-screaming-at-groping-employees

oh fuck me, I was so excited when this was announced
    Man, does everything touched by Ubisoft turn into abusive shit?

Wait, Spearhead Games? I know that, where do I know that from... fuck, Stories: Path of Destiny and Omensight?
    *throws arms in the air*
    I'm out! If you need me, I'll be in the angry-and-crushed-inside dome...

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Baidol wrote: »
    Oh man Shining Force brings back memories.

I can confirm that WarGroove is good! It is closer to Advance Wars than SF/FE due to each map having an economy and production rather than a set number of units.

Yeah

WarGroove doesn't have any sense of character progression from what I played.

I'm looking for that distinct character/leveling up/tactics kinda game

again, it's really hard for me to describe why something like Shining Force is what I want but not FF Tactics as they check a lot of similar boxes.

What about Fort Triumph?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/612570/Fort_Triumph/

• Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    I wanna play dead cells

I haven't played it since I sold the switch to claw.

But I'm probably gonna wait for a sale because I do not currently have enough to justify the purchase.

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    I wanna play dead cells

I haven't played it since I sold the switch to claw.

But I'm probably gonna wait for a sale because I do not currently have enough to justify the purchase.

There's a new DLC coming out soon (and I think a it's the final one).

I'd wait for the inevitable GOTY edition.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Had me worried for a moment, I thought it was Elon Musk.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    It's so cool flying between planets and seeing all your solar sails in orbit or being launched. I'm excited to get to the actual Dyson sphere building.

I have new components to automate, but I just keep building refineries because my red matrices can never seem to keep up.

Yea I think I have 3 or 4 oil nodes dedicated to red research and oil byproduct.

I need to get my offworld titanium production off the ground so I can start yellow research going. Going to automate solar panel production so i can build equatorial power strips wherever I go.

webguy20 on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Wyvern wrote: »
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I got the furthest in Qud yet, I found the underground city of high tech albino gorillas who seemingly sent me to some sort of sewage processing plant where I was processed like sewage

Was that Grit Gate? For me it was hyper intelligent bears who sent me to Golgotha, where I have, so far, narrowly, avoided being processed with the sewage.
    The way Golgotha works is this:

There are four chutes on the surface, randomly arranged, that you can jump down. One leads to mostly fire traps. One leads to mostly spark traps. One leads to mostly acid traps. And one leads to crabs.

If you jump down the crab hole you're fucking dead and there's nothing anyone can do to stop it. I've never come out of the crab hole. I can't conceptualize what the process would look like even as a hypothetical. True Kin can use a Sphinx Salt injector before jumping and then go back in time and pick a different one if it turns out it was the crab hole, but mutants don't get that effect, so I have no idea how to not have a random 25% chance of certain death on a mutant.

I made it to the bottom of Golgotha. At least one floor of the chute I chose was primarily crab based, but I made it out. The trick seems to be several ranks in regeneration and being able to kill at least one crab per turn.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    TEXT:
    Hugo Fitzpatrick
    @HugoFitzpatrick
    I have found the train game of my dreams!!!

It's called Nimby Rails and you basically can build trains anywhere you want on real world maps!

Releasing January 26, might ask for it as a Birthday present if it's too pricy, because I need this in my life!
    NIMBY Rails on Steam
    Design and run your own railroads for the real world. Solve global transportation dilemmas. Unleash your inner railway engineer and transit policy manager.
    store.steampowered.com
    1:52 PM · Jan 23, 2021
    See Hugo Fitzpatrick’s other Tweets
    Design and run your own railroads for the real world. Solve global transportation dilemmas. Unleash your inner railway engineer and transit policy manager.
    20210126 Nimby Rails EA (management, public transit, trains, rail)

TEXT:

After more than 2 years of hard work, Snowtopia is out now in Early Access!

⛷ Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/1124260
    🏂 GOG http://gog.com/game/snowtopia

"I ski, and I’ve always wanted a ski resort management game"
    - @PCGamesN

Here's a new trailer for you. Please share 💙/b]

Build your ideal ski resort. Keep skiers smiling with fresh pistes and fine facilities. Ski, build and chill in the wintry world of Snowtopia where everyone is welcome!
    20210126 Snowtopia: Ski Resort Tycoon EA (tycoon, management, simulation)
    TEXT:
    ENCODYA
    @encodya
    🙌 @AssembleTeam and @chaosmonger79 are stoked to share the release date for the upcoming dystopian point-and-click adventure game ENCODYA.

🤖 On January 26, 2021, ENCODYA will be released on Windows, Mac, and Linux via #Steam and #GOG

#ENCODYA #indiedev #gamedev

5:02 AM · Nov 19, 2020
    22 people are Tweeting about this
    Neo Berlin 2062. Tina – a nine-year-old orphan – lives with SAM-53 – her big clumsy robot guardian –in a rooftop makeshift shelter in Neo-Berlin, a dark megalopolis controlled by corporations.
    20210126 Encodya (adventure, cyberpunk, sci-fi, narrative)
    TEXT:
    Nibel
    @Nibellion
    Replying to @Nibellion
    Cyber-Shadow dropping January 26, 2021 #IndieWorld
    12:07 PM · Dec 15, 2020
    158 people are Tweeting about this
    The world has been taken over by synthetic lifeforms. A desperate plea for help sets Shadow, the sole survivor of his clan, on one last mission to uncover what started the path to perpetual ruin.
    20210126 Cyber Shadow (sidescroller, 16-bit, platformer, cyborg ninja)

Brolo on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I'm going to be receiving a free key for Cyber Shadow today because I backed a Kickstarter for a game called Steel Assault a looooooong time ago. They ended up deciding to throw out all their 8-bit art assets and make a 16-bit styled game instead, and they gave all those assets to the creator of Cyber Shadow, who promised that they would give everyone that backed the Steel Assault Kickstarter a key as a sort of apology to those that really liked the original artistic concept.

So I'm excited for free shit, heck yeah!

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Cyber Shadow is also on Game Pass.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    I couldn't make it past the start of stage 2, couldn't figure out what to do with the jump pad
    Did you ever figure this out? I couldn't tell what jump pad you were talking about.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    cyber shadow looks so similar to that old NES game shadow of the ninja

• Options
    KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    Put in a few more hours into Dyson Sphere tonight. Finally got my main planet teched up enough to start sending solar sails to the sun to collect power. I'm going to have to start automating more buildings and components though. I had an hour long replicator queue tonight and that just sucks.

l3mgzum7f4gi.jpg
    1y510ac1s5qm.jpg

wait

have I been missing something

what are those buildings that let you do that with the belts?

• Options

l3mgzum7f4gi.jpg
    1y510ac1s5qm.jpg

wait

Its the sorter. Tab lets you change up the configuration.

• Options

padvvNO.jpg
    HAN9Bdi.jpg
    gwoVIdQ.jpg

I love this trailer for NIMBY Rails

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    One of these train games should include the option for building hyperloop. It is a horribly expensive debacle no matter what you do, and even if you're using an unlimited money cheat, you'll note that it's far less effective than any of your trains would be, at a much higher cost.

• Options

l3mgzum7f4gi.jpg
    1y510ac1s5qm.jpg

wait

I am 44 hours into this game

what else have I missed?

is there an easier way of upgrading conveyor belts besides going one by one?

• Options

l3mgzum7f4gi.jpg
    1y510ac1s5qm.jpg

wait

I am 44 hours into this game

what else have I missed?

is there an easier way of upgrading conveyor belts besides going one by one?

I haven't seen it yet. That would be super nice though. All buildings should be upgradable in place with their more efficient version if the footprint is the same.

• Options

Text:
    The Fatal Falls DLC is here! 2 new mid-game biomes, 7 weapons, enemies and a green-fingered boss...

You know that a new DLC means a new animated trailer!

Available for $4.99.

Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1451460/Dead_Cells_Fatal_Falls

Nintendo Switch: https://nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Dead-Cells-1333359.html?s=countries

#gaming #deadcells #gamedev

• Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    oh speak of the devil

I wanted to get dead cells and it goes on a sale a few hours after I post about it

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Hah! Hah hah! I forgot about the Eli Roth-Randy Pitchford powerpack videogame movie venture

• Options

✨ VA CASTING CALL ✨

We're looking for (paid) actors for our next title @hlsgame and as such, have put out a casting call for several roles. As always, we encourage diverse applicants to apply & are particularly looking for Scottish accents. Please RT!

https://t.co/eSVEY4ORda https://t.co/4xgDeDz4IZ

@MNC Dover

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Everything about the Borderlands movie sounds more and more cursed.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Roland is the straight man of the group why go for a comedian? Maybe Kevin Hart could do a good job, but seems weird.

But Borderlands is bad to begin with so any adaptation is destined to be the same or worse.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Anything Kevin Hart can do, Chris Tucker can do better.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/QBhrKQqdvAw

I will take any opportunity to talk about the indie puzzler Petal Crash, and thankfully they just revealed a big content update to be released At Some Point This Year (there's like... one, maybe two people working on the game, depending on how you look at it, so the release date isn't nailed down) which will most notably add online multiplayer to the game (via a separate application, because again, there's like two people on the dev team)

• Options
    I had fun with that one on PAX South floor last year.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    there was another type of game I was thinking about but doesn't look to exist in many forms. are there any tactical space games that are like homeworld, except without the building? like you get a set amount of ships per mission. Basically FTL, except with more than one ship

• Options
    Jars wrote: »
    there was another type of game I was thinking about but doesn't look to exist in many forms. are there any tactical space games that are like homeworld, except without the building? like you get a set amount of ships per mission. Basically FTL, except with more than one ship

There was Battlestar Galactica Deadlock.

You had turns that were like 10 seconds long? Where you set the speed, path, rotation, etc of your ships and then the turn played out in realtime and then you adjust for the next turn.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I had fun with that one on PAX South floor last year.

It was too big-brain for me when I played it but I liked the look and music of it

• Options
    Jars wrote: »

There was Battlestar Galactica Deadlock.

You had turns that were like 10 seconds long? Where you set the speed, path, rotation, etc of your ships and then the turn played out in realtime and then you adjust for the next turn.

Hmmm interesting. I've often wondered if there was a game that was basically a space version of the battle navigation in puzzle pirates, and that's the closest I've heard of so far.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Closed the window on my first attempt while I was on that snowball room.

First time through I was playing in the browser, and thought to myself "maybe it'll save progress?" but nope. So I downloaded the windows version, went through the first 20 minutes again, and thought "okay, surely _this_ time it must save progress?", but nope, I guess I'm going to do those bits one more time. (which, I guess, isn't exactly out of character for Celeste in general, it just feels like a different sort of my-fault this time)

• Options

Brass Lion Entertainment
    @brasslionent
    We're hiring! Break barriers with Brass Lion Entertainment on an all new unannounced action-RPG with a dope af anime aesthetic. We’re looking for multiple disciplines so if you have what it takes to build with us, send us your resume. careers@brasslionentertainment.com #gamejobs

Brass Lion Entertainment
    @brasslionent
    An entertainment studio focused on creating original fictional universes that center on Black, Brown, and other marginalized characters, cultures, and stories.
    https://www.brasslionentertainment.com/

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I went back and did the tutorials from the first Hitman in Hitman 3. They actually changed some things! Also I don't know when they did this, but the crew guy in the kitchen that is usually the guy that players first hit over the head with a wrench or a flying fire extinguisher, now has his head very heavily wrapped with bandages since everyone hits him in the head.

Also I discovered a weird alternate ending to Hitman 3.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

This discussion has been closed.