As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Did you know [VTubers] are going to take over the world? Hololive, Nijisanji, VShojo, etc!

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Haachamachamaaaa

Nene forgot to change her OBS settings back to her channel so she started streaming on Kiara's channel. Despite Kiara reminding her after the O'riends concert.

x7x4066dxazd.png

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Go Team VShojo!
    I've really been liking the Hololive ID stuff. Ollie and especially Reine.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Haachamachamaaaa
    It was rough on VOMS to lose one third of their group last week, let's see how Tomoshika is doing.

Tweet by English Vtubers out of context
    Ah... she's come a long(?) way from kill da hoe.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Really enjoying all the interesting vtubers I am finding because of Vshojo.

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    No matter who wins we all win!
    Veibae is getting new work done on her character model. She has a 2D rig coming, but also apparently has a Snuffy quality face rig in the works. While I'm linking a specific tweet I have to slap a big ol' NSFW warning if you go to her account in general beyond it.

On that note the other day I was watching a Snuffy stream and she was talking about how she hopes more streamers move to this facerig system she's using. Apparently it's pretty new sounding? Or new enough that people had their characters done prior. We already went "oohh" and "ahh" at how great the mouth tracking is on it. But the tweet above is what looks to be the first instance of someone else using it (out of anyone I follow that is).

Oh also it's Snuffy's birthday today. The VShojo gang is largely going to be joining her for her birthday stream, whatever it may be.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Go Team Nijisanji!
    It was rough on VOMS to lose one third of their group last week, let's see how Tomoshika is doing.

Tweet by English Vtubers out of context
    Ah... she's come a long(?) way from kill da hoe.

Well, I think we know who may have given her the idea for that phrasing

https://youtu.be/K8kXMXZDc7k
    もっと人に教えられるくらい英語を覚えようと固く誓った
    I need to improve my English so I can teach her well.

• Options
  • Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    Nene Hackerman realizes what happened:
    https://youtu.be/20AVPQD02og

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Haachamachamaaaa
    Pekora’s been doing a sponsored stream of the new Ghosts n’ Goblins and has been trying to beat the first stage for two hours.

edit: I think she might be playing on some kind of hard mode where you can’t your armor back from pots? idk

august on
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Go Team Hololive!
    Something I'd like to point out about Pekora's recent streams....

A few weeks ago when she got upset about not being able to do a project....When it first happen one of the translations i saw explaining what she said during the stream when she was crying said something like this:

"She wanted to do a project to thank her viewers but management said it would be hard, she said she would be willing to pay the expenses for it, but they still said it would be very hard, and she was especially upset because some of the other girls had already done that project, so why couldn't she".

I wasn't sure if this was the real translation, or if this was just another rumor being spread at the time. But I've noticed since then shes done a ton of Sponsored streams, Dragon Quest Builders 2, now Ghosts n'Goblins, and i think there was another one im forgetting. I wonder if shes trying to earn the cash to do a special project out of pocket just for her fans. I'd hate for her to go broke doing something like that...

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Haachamachamaaaa
    Ghosts 'n Goblins is potentially good news for Hololive because Capcom wasn't letting them have ANYTHING. Ideally, they'd pull the stick out in time to get 50 Monster Hunter streams when the new Switch version comes out.

• Options
    Haachamachamaaaa
    azith28 wrote: »
    "She wanted to do a project to thank her viewers but management said it would be hard, she said she would be willing to pay the expenses for it, but they still said it would be very hard, and she was especially upset because some of the other girls had already done that project, so why couldn't she".

That was the gist of a clip I watched, assuming the transaction was accurate. I just have no idea what sort of content she's talking about.

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Gura meeting kin when a shark boss appears in Luigi's Mansion 3:

And her breaking out the megaphone sound effect when performing her first detainment in Papers, Please. I witnessed the chat go brrrrr after the "can I get a hell yeah!"

I hope she uses the megahone effect more.

• Options
  • Options
    Haachamachamaaaa

Tweet is from English Vtubers Out of Context
    What a deceptively gremlin way to respond.

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    For those wondering, the Disgaea collab is DLC skins for some characters with voice acting.

• Options
    Haachamachamaaaa
    Will Cover have to close up shop after Haachama completely deconstructs vtubers, swallows the sun, and ends all life on Earth?

• Options
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    a

Not knowing much of anything about the Disgaia characters in question, I feel like the character they picked for Polka would make more sense for Haachama.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Haachamachamaaaa
    TryCatcher wrote: »
    For those wondering, the Disgaea collab is DLC skins for some characters with voice acting.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Go Team Hololive!
    august wrote: »

That was the gist of a clip I watched, assuming the transaction was accurate. I just have no idea what sort of content she's talking about.

I kinda took the 'it would be hard' comments to mean 'it would be too expensive for hololive to pay for', hence the offer to pay it herself.

• Options
    Go Team Hololive!

Wait...WTF...Rushia is the boing boing succubus skin? LOL

• Options
    Go Team Hololive!
    Enlong wrote: »

Not knowing much of anything about the Disgaia characters in question, I feel like the character they picked for Polka would make more sense for Haachama.

I don't know if Haachama is exactly a good....Cover girl...for the Company. I mean, picture a first timer curious about hololive going to one of her ASMR or Cooking or "Hello Today We will be removing Haato's Head" streams. Shes more of a 'deeper into the rabbit hole' girl.

I am surprised Pekora wasnt involved given her existing popularity, but overall the selection is a pretty good list of 'try these girls out and see how you like the rabbit hole' options.

• Options
    Haachamachamaaaa
    There was a triumphant moment where it looked like Pekora had reached the first checkpoint of GnG after five hours of play but then the game was like: absolutely not.

• Options
    Haachamachamaaaa

If you look at who they picked, it's clearly across as many generations as possible, one from each, so it wouldn't work to use Haachama there.

I kinda took the 'it would be hard' comments to mean 'it would be too expensive for hololive to pay for', hence the offer to pay it herself.

That doesn't track at all, no member of Hololive has more cash on hand than the whole business. It's much more likely the extremely common Hololive problem of late, complex permissions issues. We've seen stuff as dumb as Hololive getting permission to play a game in one specific format (console), but not another (PC) even if it's the exact same game. Finally, it is best not to speculate and get worked up about something when the talent was deliberately vague on the topic. In the worst case scenario, people could accurately guess and get the talent in trouble/ ruin a deal in progress. Nintendo ended a deal with Netflix over something that trivial after all.

• Options
    Go Team Hololive!

If you look at who they picked, it's clearly across as many generations as possible, one from each, so it wouldn't work to use Haachama there.

That doesn't track at all, no member of Hololive has more cash on hand than the whole business. It's much more likely the extremely common Hololive problem of late, complex permissions issues. We've seen stuff as dumb as Hololive getting permission to play a game in one specific format (console), but not another (PC) even if it's the exact same game. Finally, it is best not to speculate and get worked up about something when the talent was deliberately vague on the topic. In the worst case scenario, people could accurately guess and get the talent in trouble/ ruin a deal in progress. Nintendo ended a deal with Netflix over something that trivial after all.

I don't mean more money then hololive has, i mean more than they would be willing to pay for. Obviously they are still trying to make a profit, so maybe the expenses for the project were going to be pretty high is my point.

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Go Team VShojo!
    Important announcement from Nyanner (NSFW, just like Nyanners in general):

https://youtu.be/cPP551gmS8g

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Haachamachamaaaa
    Fubuki is cute both on and off mic, news at eleven
    https://youtu.be/bMGjCN6TehA

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Haachamachamaaaa
    That clip reminds me of this clip I saw a while ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuITcCV2pV4

• Options
    Go Team Nijisanji!
    Yashiro beta tests the new solo queue mode in apex

https://youtu.be/KKANnBpe6bY

Unfortunately, he's in a trios match

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Haachamachamaaaa

Pretty sure the clip was from Otakmori who has a shitty reputation and has been blacklisted by most Hololive fan communities cause he prioritizes being first over being accurate and gets stuff wrong all the time and Cover copyright striked and called him out for it he just went in rant saying he only cares about his channel and misinformation or confusion from his videos is Cover's problem not his.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Haachamachamaaaa
    Pekora, free my soul and free time and beat this.

And by “beat this” I mean “reach the first checkpoint in Ghosts n’ Goblins Resurrection.”

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular

Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit that rules!

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Not sure I've seen it posted, if so apologies

But there was recently a new vtuber (birbtuber) debut whose design and aesthetic I am completely loving

She's only done her intro stream, but she's based on a bird and sometimes her model is literally a bird (wearing glasses). will be keeping an eye on her for sure.

edit: or she might not be new, but I only just saw her pop up on my feed recently and only has a couple videos on Twitch

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Not sure I've seen it posted, if so apologies

But there was recently a new vtuber (birbtuber) debut whose design and aesthetic I am completely loving

She's only done her intro stream, but she's based on a bird and sometimes her model is literally a bird (wearing glasses). will be keeping an eye on her for sure.

edit: or she might not be new, but I only just saw her pop up on my feed recently and only has a couple videos on Twitch

I saw this vtuber for the first time today. BuffPup did a raid on their stream.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular

I think in those PC vs console situations, it's not just Cover being dumb, the game companies can also be dumb about the permissions they're willing to give out/sell, including additional caveats like Konami's "no one is allowed to clip this" stuff. I don't think what Pekora wanted to do had anything to do with a particular game though, especially since if it's something the other girls have done already she'd either already have the rights or she'd know they did it as part of an ad campaign/one-off and wouldn't be able to use the fact that they did it as leverage.

• Options
    Haachamachamaaaa
    She done did it.

This discussion has been closed.