As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Zakrello Appreciation Thread [Gunpla]

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    RG zaku was one of the first 2 so I wouldn't be surprised if the engineering was a little wonky, they've drastically improved the design quality of the RGs as they've gone on

I'm still kind of surprised they didn't announce a new RG Grandpa for the anniversary last year.

*grumbles in Perfect Grade Unleashed*

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    It is... complete!

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

looks like a kitbash of sinanju stein with the armor kit for the nu or hi-nu, one of those? it's cool, and an amazing paint job

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Very minor dissapointment. With a Christmas gift card, I picked up a rolling art cart from Michaels. I was hoping to store my main bin in the lower compartments, and maybe use the upper ones for organizing runners and the like.

Well, the cart is both taller than my work space AND the bins are too close together to put the supplies on the bottom. So.. double shoot!

I can disassemble/rearrange things easily enough, but I don't wanna. :)

Hwnon5Gh.jpg

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Just a little bit more paint and 62 decals and I'll be done with the PG Full Armor Unicorn.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
  • Options
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    Just a little bit more paint and 62 decals and I'll be done with the PG Full Armor Unicorn.

I KNOW THIS FEELING!!!

• Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    Hmmm

Anyone know where to find the old HG RahXephon kit from Bandai that isn’t charging over a hundred bucks for it?

Or if Bandai ever reissues it like they do some of their other older kits?

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    also okay now I’m trying to figure out who you’d cast Karl Urban as in that upcoming Gundam movie Sunrise and Legendary are supposed to be working on

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Bright Noa

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Is Bright his surname or given name, I can never remember if gundam uses western style name order or not because the insane names don't give context clues of "this sounds like a surname"

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Karl Urban is Sleggar Law

• Options
    Urban’s way too old for Bright at this point; dude is like, 20 years old and just out of the academy. Which is why his whole deal is barely holding the unit together, since the original captain of White Base is killed in the attack on Side 7; he’s the same generation as the rest of the White Base crew and the only advantage he has over them is a few more years and actual academy training.

Also yeah, Noa is the family name; if it helps, remember that Hathaway is Hathaway Noa, not Hathaway Bright

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    He could maybe play cher's counterattack or unicorn captain bright though

Cher's counterattack? Sure let's keep that

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    He could maybe play cher's counterattack or unicorn captain bright though

Cher's counterattack? Sure let's keep that

m1mjblo1q5gr.png ?

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Is Bright his surname or given name, I can never remember if gundam uses western style name order or not because the insane names don't give context clues of "this sounds like a surname"

Given. His son's name is Hathaway Noa.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    It doesn't help that characters call him "Captain Bright" all the time.

• Options
    Checked P-bandai tonight just to see if there were any updates on my Phenex... and it is listed as preparing for shipping!

Which means only one thing....

Time to test the equipment!

6LBVKZ7h.jpg

I want to get at least 1 more model built before I jump into another Unicorn. But I've been putting it off because I am theoretically making progress on cleaning up shit and I want to keep that momentum going. Plus I need a 3rd LED kit, but my store has said they are backordered from Bluefin. Hopefully the incoming Phenex means they'll be available shortly again.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited March 2021
    I might have a spare Dragon Momoko LED kit if ya get desperate - should be compatible with the official Bandai kits. But I'm not sure if it's actually blacklight like them, haven't tested it. Looking at reviews, they are certainly dimmer than the official LEDs...

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    I'm not desperate, don't worry. :D But I do greatly appreciate the offer.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I binge-watched, like, 25 episodes of Gundam X over the last 3 days to finish off that series.

I...liked it a lot more than I expected? Hell, the fact that I even finished it has gotta say something good when I couldn't even do that for Double Zeta and Victory Gundam. Though I think a lot of the affection I have for it is how much I liked the characters, because boy the stuff it wanted to say about Newtypes at the end was dumb as hell.
    Like, it's all well and good for Moon Boy to tell the New UNE and SRA that they're both idiots, but you can't then just say, "The reason you're fools is because Newtypes don't exist, actually." Just because Tiffa's visions didn't happen due to Garrod's intervention didn't mean her powers were an illusion. They were very real and impacted the lives of that main crew in very tangible ways. Like, this is the same show where the psychic ghost of a naked lady in a tube caused everyone's tech to just stop working. If the show wanted to argue that the word "Newtype" is fraught and should be discarded for something better, then okay, I'm down for that argument. But that's not what it does! DOME's just like, "Newtypes don't exist, stop obsessing over them" and then just fucking leaves. Humans with special powers exist, and as long as they continue to exist there will be other people who will want to exploit them, and the show just doesn't want to reckon with that problem.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Anyone have the HGUC ZZ? Any thoughts on how the build is and how it is for "I would like to adjust it's pose without fearing it's going to fall to pieces" like I'm anxious about with my Ver Ka?

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    I really doubt an HGUC kit is going to have the issues that some older MG/RG kits have with pieces flying off and being unstable.

• Options
    I haven't built the ZZ, but I did build the Tryon 3 that's based on it and that was perfectly solid. And that guy splits into three animal robots!

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    MelonTronMelonTron Registered User regular
    Finished this guy last night! Great kit of a great design. How can you not love a giant robot with a big old claw hand?

x9fewr8cz63h.jpeg

• Options
    Fun fact: according to lore, Turn X’s original hand could do the God Finger

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited March 2021

Denpa Books have licensed the Beltorchika's Children manga, a 7-volume adaptation of Tomino's novelization of his original plot for Char's Counterattack.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Item the first, including a new build alongside an older one:

chowpfj.jpg

"Yeah, I play with (Mobile) dolls. Is that a problem?"

---

Item the second, in which two previous builds are displayed in a new fashion:

gaTzy8J.jpg

A Girl and Her Dragon.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular

Are you tired of mecha musume yet?
    I'm not lul

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    is this like
    a show
    or an existing thing, that these girls are from

as far as the models go I only know Gundam, Zoids and 30MM so I see the girls and I just go, okay, not my thing

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    is this like
    a show
    or an existing thing, that these girls are from

as far as the models go I only know Gundam, Zoids and 30MM so I see the girls and I just go, okay, not my thing

It kinda? maybe? looks like original models based on the common 3mm peg system. Her armor doesn't seem to match any of the five existing mechs (Alto, Rabiot, Portanova, Cielnova or Spinatio).

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    the 30 minute branding implies the 3 mm peg line of models yeah

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited March 2021
    I got the Nillson Work's PG but not really PG 1/60 Astray Grey Frame! (Glad I held off on buying it from reddit, it came back into stock at SamuelDecal!)

It is... off to a bad start, tbh - the base is warped, so much so that I can't install the stand.

Gonna try heating it up a lil in the morning, bend it into a more usable shape I guess?

Love the color scheme though. And they threw in a bonus 4 katanas, so this madlad comes with 8 total. Gonna have to see if there's any way to display it with all of em at once...

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    The Frame Arms Girl line is all original, I think. It spun off of Kotobukia's regular Frame Arms line of original robots with a big mix and match parts focus.

I'm pretty sure at this point it's overtaken regular Frame Arms as being the main line though.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    MidniteMidnite Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    A bunch more kits are going up on the US P Bandai site at 9pm pst:

text
    The MG 1/100 SLASH ZAKU PHANTOM (YZAK JULE CUSTOM) returns to Premium Bandai USA and will be available for pre-order tonight at 6PM PST. https://bit.ly/3r3HA1M

Shipping August 2021.

Three Gelgoog kits is a very nice gift, thank you P Bandai.

Midnite on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Are they just recolors of the existing HG Gelgoogs? Because those shits are old as hell now

Grey Ghost on
This discussion has been closed.