As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] A Very Aeldari Christmas

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    I think the other answer is collect 3 armies like me.

One chaos
    One oddball (Ad Mech)
    One marine army

Then you have everything!

Edit:
    I use to have orks but I didn't like how they played in 8th and sold them.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I have played Craftworlds since 2nd
    Basically I have a Craftworld army a Drukhari force {mostly wyches and kabal troops} A swarm of tyranids [I just have to fill in the bigger ones] a necron force that I do need to get the larger items as I have tons of warriors
    My black templar army and my abandoned Word Bearer army that I really need to take account of and find out what I have

• Options
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/02/19/win-a-basket-full-of-freebies-with-my-warhammer-your-new-way-to-log-in/

I did it for shits and giggles.

If I win lots of new chaos toys, some ad mech, and maybe some incursors/infiltrators.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/02/19/win-a-basket-full-of-freebies-with-my-warhammer-your-new-way-to-log-in/

I did it for shits and giggles.

If I win lots of new chaos toys, some ad mech, and maybe some incursors/infiltrators.

I am stuck trying to create an account right now as I thought my previous stuff worked?

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    I think the other answer is collect 3 armies like me.

One chaos
    One oddball (Ad Mech)
    One marine army

Then you have everything!

Edit:
    I use to have orks but I didn't like how they played in 8th and sold them.

I absolutely love orks and everything orky, but I don't want to have to field 100+ infantry per match.

I'm waiting to see how their 9th codex looks before I decide to un-mothball my orks again.

Depending on their crusade rules I may build up an ork speedmob. It may be terrible, but at least it'll be interesting.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    AsherAsher Registered User regular
    Speaking of Marines everywhere ...

I'm on 2 wins and 1 loss so far in my tournament. Had a good win over daemons, got absolutely dumpstered by air cav militarum tempestus (I got 1 turn) and then got a big win over deathwing by virtue of sitting on more objectives for more turns.

Marines are pretty good even if you don't know what you're doing :p

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • Options
    Asher wrote: »
    Speaking of Marines everywhere ...

I'm on 2 wins and 1 loss so far in my tournament. Had a good win over daemons, got absolutely dumpstered by air cav militarum tempestus (I got 1 turn) and then got a big win over deathwing by virtue of sitting on more objectives for more turns.

Marines are pretty good even if you don't know what you're doing :p

A friend of mine plays scions. We call what happened to you scion shock. It is mostly because folks don't realize how much damage they can do in a single turn. Once you know whats coming it is a lot easier to screen out and absorb.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    So debating about what to put in my cart for a chance at the freebee
    I could do three boxes of Wracks. a Talos and the haemonculi or a dizzy amount of items
    The problem is other than the necron codex and paint {I plan on going deep for sprays this summer 3 black 1 mech grey and 1 chainmail as well as the various pots} There is nothing really grabbing me as it would be worth a try

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Man, I just can't decide how to equip some of my Hybrid units. Right now I have a 10 model squad with 4 Rock Saws. Nice and simple.

I've got a bunch of basic Hybrids thanks to a few sets from Deathwatch Overkill, so I've got a couple of boxes coming in to make quad leaders and rock weapons.

One is going to be hand flamers and demolition charges to give me a squad that can use Lying in Wait instead of A Perfect Ambush to wreck something when it comes in, but the other squad I'm still not sure about.

I was going to go with 4 Rock Drills to give me a real anti armour punch, but with my main opponent playing Wych Cult Drukhari it just seems like a really bad idea to kill a Raider in close combat when you've got a chance to take Explosion damage and then eat a Wych charge.

edit - question about Demolition Chagres. They say the model can only use them once per battle. If the model dies, and it brought back by Cult Reinforcements (replace D6 models lost earlier in the battle), does it get another Demolition Charge, or is it still counted as having used it?

-Loki- on
  • Options
    AsherAsher Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Finished on 2 wins, 2 losses and a draw. Well, approximately those results in this new fangled system where there is no winning, only points. Day two I got stepped on by Chaos Knights in game four, then had the best game of 40k I've had in years against Crimson Fists for round 5. Was super tight the whole time. Ended up 55-53 in his favour cos I have up my shooting the last round to let him get 5 extra points. Took Cut off the Head for lulz reasons and actually sniped his captain with my captain, only for him to get back up on a 4+ Because of his warlord trait. Then I sniped him again, but he was worth less points by that time. I also had my Eradicators punch a Redemptor dread to death after they took 9 wounds off it overwatching. Then it exploded. Fantastic game all around.

Finished 13/36 overall, which I'm very happy about considering how hard I got smashed in 2 games, though the two guys who beat me came first and 2nd, so I can't have too many regrets.
    Probably did well on soft scores because I picked up best painted.
    Nice weekend all in all.

Asher on
    I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    The new datasheets for Kabalites and Wyches have been leaked, highlights including:
    • Dark Lances are now D3+3 damage, although Blasters and Blast Pistols remain D6
    • Shredders (anti-infantry special weapon) are now range 18
    • Splinter Rifles and Pistols are Strength 2
    • Wyches gain +1 attack base (for three total)
    • Basic blades have -1 AP now and their special weapons have seen buffs to either S values or AP
    • Hydra Gauntlets in particular look tremendously improved with +2 Strength, meaning with the right build basic Wyches can be hitting at Strength 8 (!)

• Options
    hmm it looks legit but the hydra gauntlets...

Still I am torn if I want to leave and above in my cart or redo it as that stuff I planned in time getting

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Kinda hard to say if they Wych weapons actually got better without seeing their special rules, and hopefully hekatarii blades still give +1 attack.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Am I dumb or are the kill zones going up for pre order aren't in fact new and just kill zones from the last two years that they stopped making?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Stragint wrote: »
    Am I dumb or are the kill zones going up for pre order aren't in fact new and just kill zones from the last two years that they stopped making?

lbj98nkxjrcw.jpg

As far as I know the kill zones were a one and done printing much to everyone's annoyance
    As on the 27th it's just pariah. So I wonder if I can get a copy in the face of people panic buying it for the primaris

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »

lbj98nkxjrcw.jpg

As far as I know the kill zones were a one and done printing much to everyone's annoyance
    As on the 27th it's just pariah. So I wonder if I can get a copy in the face of people panic buying it for the primaris

The pre order post says sectors Munitorum, Fronteris, and Mechanicus go up for pre order next weekend as well. I'm glad for it, I wanted to get fronteris, I just find it weird they are calling them new.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Ok I see that it is kind of odd
    I should get the necron codex the Chronomancer has more options on the sprue than I would think
    the Chronomancer can be equipped with a choice of aeonstave or entropic lance and has three head options, alongside one of two chronometrons (one open, one closed) in its left hand.

I do want to get Mechanicus one but in time I do want to get the terrain that comes in Pariah to do games in a necron tomb {I am curious if you can run the scenarios in the book with different armies or set ups

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Geez Wyches are getting super killy. With their 4++/6+++, I’m not looking forward to running my Purestrains into a squad of them.

• Options
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Geez Wyches are getting super killy. With their 4++/6+++, I’m not looking forward to running my Purestrains into a squad of them.

Bring flamers and kill them on overwatch.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited February 2021

Bring flamers and kill them on overwatch.

Which is fine against one squad. I’m usually being set up to eat 3-4 Wych charges in the same turn.

However, my Demo charge squad will absolutely have hand flamers. No point destroying a Raider up close if you can’t deal with the inevitable charge in return.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    My buddy and I had planned on splitting the killteam box, as he wants the HQ and I want the heavy intercessors... buuuuuut, after seeing the price tag... meh?

He doesn't care about the flayed ones, I don't really care to have ANOTHER captain, and neither of us needs the board/terrain, so probably a pass. Hopefully the heavy intercessors come out on their own sooner rather than later like the rest of the indomitus stuff has.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    ArdolArdol Registered User regular
    Chronomancers are so good though...gonna see if my buddy wants to split a box or two I think

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    This just popped up on my YouTube feed, thought it might be of interest here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu16FTlYC_8

I think I may have cried a little when he broke out the JB Weld and Gorilla Glue.
    Why would you drop 2 grand on a mini and use Gorilla Glue?

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Yeah, he just popped up on my feed recently and … he seems to be the kind of person that compulsively never reads instructions and has no concept of a test piece. Like there’s another video on that channel where he tries out “Mirror” (super-shiny chrome paint) and glops it onto a matte surface, fails to let it cure properly, then says he can’t see a difference between it and the Vallejo silver metallic he used for comparison. Or from the hand video, there’s the whole thumb thing.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    That was clearly the first time he ever used a two-part glue. Even so, you have to be a special kind of idiot to try to mix it on the thing you're gluing.

Also, why wouldn't he just use super glue on the big armor pieces? They look like they have enormous surface area.

Superglue and pinning for heavy stuff. It's not rocket science.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    Played a 1k Deathguard with the roomie vs Deathguard.

Plain old bolter Plague Marines with a sigil (6s to hit auto wound) are excellent and cost effective.

Tallyman and Foul Blightspawn with their personal relics are must-take.

What kind of marine squad did you run? Full bolters?

The match I ran was power level in a crusade campaign so I tricked a few out, but it didn't really seem like a huge impact.

A bolter squad with a sigil and powerfist Sarge is cost-efficient and useful. Blightlaunchers are a good addition too, even if you can only fit one in the unit if it's under 10 men. The Tallyman with the Tollkeeper relic is what really makes them shine. That goes double for a fat squad of Blightlord termies, so you can give them +1 to hit and 6s explode with all the combibolter and Reaper aurocannon shots. I used the Inexorable Plague Compaby and used Flash Outbreak strat to lower enemy Toughness and give me some extra AP. A lord of Virulence would bring that ap up further. Deathguard live and die on stacking buffs.

I can't comment on Crusade, because you're looking at a 30-40 pt differential based on the squad equipment, as opposed to Power Level.

What are you fighting against?

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I built the Necromunda gang hideout terrain kit last night, it's pretty neat. Now I really want to get another one and build it mirrored to the first so I have a giant compound for 40K games.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Drazhar stats from the reboxing leaked.

5 attacks and his klaives are s+2, ap-3, d3

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Wait, d3 as in "damage 3" or "d3 damage"?

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    Elaro wrote: »
    Wait, d3 as in "damage 3" or "d3 damage"?

Damage 3 in this case.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Khraul wrote: »
    Played a 1k Deathguard with the roomie vs Deathguard.

Plain old bolter Plague Marines with a sigil (6s to hit auto wound) are excellent and cost effective.

Tallyman and Foul Blightspawn with their personal relics are must-take.

What kind of marine squad did you run? Full bolters?

The match I ran was power level in a crusade campaign so I tricked a few out, but it didn't really seem like a huge impact.

A bolter squad with a sigil and powerfist Sarge is cost-efficient and useful. Blightlaunchers are a good addition too, even if you can only fit one in the unit if it's under 10 men. The Tallyman with the Tollkeeper relic is what really makes them shine. That goes double for a fat squad of Blightlord termies, so you can give them +1 to hit and 6s explode with all the combibolter and Reaper aurocannon shots. I used the Inexorable Plague Compaby and used Flash Outbreak strat to lower enemy Toughness and give me some extra AP. A lord of Virulence would bring that ap up further. Deathguard live and die on stacking buffs.

I can't comment on Crusade, because you're looking at a 30-40 pt differential based on the squad equipment, as opposed to Power Level.

What are you fighting against?

My buddy and I started the Beyond the Veil campaign with my DG vs his Necrons.

We're only at 50PL, but he's told me what he plans to work up to for 150 and it's pretty well rounded, no silver tide lists or anything silly, though at 150 he plans on bringing the Silent King and I'll probably pick Morty up. I think warrior blobs and scarabs might be my biggest concern still though.

I plan on bringing a tallyman for the CP benefits, so I may throw the tollkeeper on him and just rely on mass bolter fire plus the virulent rounds strat PLUS PLUS fleshmower bloat drones for spreading contagion with the Flash Outbreak like you said. Running Mortarion's Anvil, so the flash outbreak will shut down overwatch and then the Drone can't be rerolled against. Have all my infantry grind up behind bloat drones and PBC's.

My main HQ so far is a Lord of Contagion with the Mortarions anvil relic and "ignore -1/-2 AP" warlord trait, and he's an absolute dump truck. The path to glory requisition has given him a couple of chaos boon upgrades so he's swinging his scythe around, rerolling all hits and wounds, with an 8" move and he's -1 to hit. Luckily no duplicates on the boons chart so he didn't turn into a Chaos spawn. I need to give him a virulent weapon, but it'll bump me over my PL cap at the moment.

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    Drazhar stats from the reboxing leaked.

5 attacks and his klaives are s+2, ap-3, d3

If his abilities haven't changed he's going to hit like an absolute truck. 10 attacks on the charge with +1 to wound? Hell yes.

• Options
    My friends one bright moment against my Tyranids was Drazar nearly solo killing my Haruspex, and he didn’t even get the charge. We called it then but I have no doubt he’d have finished it off the next turn.

New Drazar sounds like a monster.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Really underestimated the number of minor puncture wounds I'd get assembling this Word Bearers list

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    NechriahNechriah Chookity!Registered User regular
    Really underestimated the number of minor puncture wounds I'd get assembling this Word Bearers list

Chaos do be pointy

• Options
    I was having a browse through Troll Traders Genestealer stuff for anything interesting.

2 Hybrids with Rock Saws for 8 pounds.

Sure, I’ll take 2 of the most sought after heavy weapons which you only get one of in a box, attached to bodies, for less than I’d find just 1 of the actual weapons themselves anywhere else.

• Options
    I am tempted to get the Beyond the Veil campaign book and the rumored next one as all I know other than being campaign books I have heard they have the missing rules for certain minis
    As I hear it often to my brother's complaints about the primaris took the fun out of space wolves [no custom layouts for iron priests, rune priests how wolf priests are two different models in the primaris} How it's far easier to just roll with home brew chapters than the ones of old
    As the Necron Codex is far higher on my list {I would put it in the cart but it's constantly out of stock on GW's site so I feel when I do the run to the store I will but it then as well}

I know my Word Bearers need some work as I last played them pre millennium and I just added to them with the Csm that came in other boxes

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

Khorne takes his own sacrifices.

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    I was having a browse through Troll Traders Genestealer stuff for anything interesting.

2 Hybrids with Rock Saws for 8 pounds.

Sure, I’ll take 2 of the most sought after heavy weapons which you only get one of in a box, attached to bodies, for less than I’d find just 1 of the actual weapons themselves anywhere else.

yeah sometimes the prices they list are ridiculous, i dont know if it's a mistake on their part but its worth keeping an eye out for bargains

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    In WoW there was a talk about talking as many minis that even barrage weapons could not kill them all
    One of them was 3 Warrior Primes 300 Termagants @10X30 and 30 to 39 Gargoyles. I know I only have 1 prime and 144 Termagants 30 gargoyles but that would be a silly army to play with
    I know long ago I bought that instant swarm which is why I have so many termagants but doing that again when they only come 12 to a box that's 13 more boxes to get and a year plus of painting termagants

Someone else said doing an all grot army would be gross as it's over 350 models I think he said he had 3 meks leading it