As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Final Fantasy the 14th, where the end of the world is on the way!

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »
    The outside and ground floor of my house are decorated, but now I need to figure out what I want to do with the basement.

Mass lala grave.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    McMoogle wrote: »
    The outside and ground floor of my house are decorated, but now I need to figure out what I want to do with the basement.

Mass lala grave.

Where can I get a dead lala housing item?

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    I need like 10 oriental grass plot.
    Looked out how to obtain material for it
    ughhhhhh

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    TTODewback wrote: »
    ughhhhhh

Keep in mind you are limited to 20 total exterior housing items. You might not want to blow half of your exterior budget on grass.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited March 2021
    TTODewback wrote: »
    ughhhhhh

Keep in mind you are limited to 20 total exterior housing items. You might not want to blow half of your exterior budget on grass.

my house is like an abandoned haunted house. basically the front yard will just be grown up with grass and trees when im done.
    when i get home ill post the location

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    They destroyed all the cross-class crafting skills?

huh

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    kime wrote: »
    They destroyed all the cross-class crafting skills?

huh

They destroyed all cross class skills. Thinks that were previously mandatory 'cross class' skills are either role actions or baked into each class.

You still sort of want all the crafters tho, since they require crafted mats from the other classes to make many things.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    they destroyed the crafting ones mid-way through this expansion but axed the combat job ones at the release.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    they destroyed the crafting ones mid-way through this expansion but axed the combat job ones at the release.

It's for the best really, the amount of leveling to craft before was crazy.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    IMO the fishing relic quest design is bad:
    zjiw6p8g6h1x.png

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Seems fishy

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I got my rod tho. I had to harvest so much sticky gobbiegoo.

• Options
    Higher level crafting stuff just requires so much esotoric materials...

I'm a level 60 Weaver now. Is there a good way to make some money in case I start getting low? I've been having fun just making stuff but I've also spent like 500k full in three days lol

Steam profile
  • Options

I'm a level 60 Weaver now. Is there a good way to make some money in case I start getting low? I've been having fun just making stuff but I've also spent like 500k full in three days lol

FYI if you are just trying to level stuff, the beast tribe quests give a hefty amount of exp daily. There are also engineering manuals that give you a 16 hour exp buff. There is also the ishgard restoration, and that primarily uses diadem materials.

• Options

FYI if you are just trying to level stuff, the beast tribe quests give a hefty amount of exp daily. There are also engineering manuals that give you a 16 hour exp buff. There is also the ishgard restoration, and that primarily uses diadem materials.

I did some of the Moogle quests today. They seemed.... both boring and inefficient? Am I missing something, or just spoiled by the backlog of leves and Weaver story quests I had stored up?

Steam profile
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I think I am going to purchase the skip straight to shadowbringers and the level boost to 70. There are just so many quests to do and I'd like to get into current content already.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular

I did some of the Moogle quests today. They seemed.... both boring and inefficient? Am I missing something, or just spoiled by the backlog of leves and Weaver story quests I had stored up?

Moogle dailies are the best exp/time spent from 50 to 60, after that it's the beast tribe in Stormblood. From levels 15-ish onwards you can get massive amounts of exp through Ishgard restoration and that stuff doesn't cost you gil. If you just want to make gil you should look into what items are required hand-ins for quests and just put a few of those on the market board and wait for those to sell. People easily pay 50k for a level 30 high quality quest item on my server.

Also: if you are planning to buy quest items from the market board, shop around different Worlds in your data cluster, you might get lucky and save yourself a lot of gil that way.

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    I think I am going to purchase the skip straight to shadowbringers and the level boost to 70. There are just so many quests to do and I'd like to get into current content already.

Unless you have played the story before I would not reccomend this. FF14s story is pretty much all connected and you will be missing out on a large part of the reason it's good by skipping large chunks.

• Options
    Aldo wrote: »

Moogle dailies are the best exp/time spent from 50 to 60, after that it's the beast tribe in Stormblood. From levels 15-ish onwards you can get massive amounts of exp through Ishgard restoration and that stuff doesn't cost you gil. If you just want to make gil you should look into what items are required hand-ins for quests and just put a few of those on the market board and wait for those to sell. People easily pay 50k for a level 30 high quality quest item on my server.

Also: if you are planning to buy quest items from the market board, shop around different Worlds in your data cluster, you might get lucky and save yourself a lot of gil that way.

Ah OK, I'm already 60+. Haven't gotten to any Stormblood content yet.

Steam profile
  • Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular

Note that doing this is basically skipping to season 4 in a continuous serialized TV series or starting a book trilogy with the 3rd book. You might enjoy book 3/season 4, but you are going to be lost a good chunk of the time and will miss all the callback references/story payoffs. I think Shadowbringers is probably strong enough to stand on its own, but there'll be a fair bit missing in the experience.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Using the story skip still unlocks the skipped chapters in New Game + though, yeah?

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular

No snark intended: why?

We've talked a bit in the WoW thread and I got the impression you have no particular attachment to the zeitgeist of endgame content, so I feel like skipping is the opposite of what you would want to do. You're still in a great part of the story (Heavensward patch quests, yeah?) and while Stormblood isn't the strongest it's where the gameplay started to get really good.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2021
    admanb wrote: »

We've talked a bit in the WoW thread and I got the impression you have no particular attachment to the zeitgeist of endgame content, so I feel like skipping is the opposite of what you would want to do. You're still in a great part of the story (Heavensward patch quests, yeah?) and while Stormblood isn't the strongest it's where the gameplay started to get really good.

Part of it is that I keep hearing the story for stormblood isn't that interesting and that shadowbringers is. Another part is that I want to play gunbreaker and get mounts from shadowbringers.

The biggest part is that I have 180+ MSQ still to do between heavensward and stormblood and that is such a massively tedious amount. I also honestly can't say I even remember much of the story from the start of realm reborn to the dragonsong wars that I'm working on right now though part of that is because I stopped playing towards the end of Heavensward and am just now coming back. The only story thing that still sticks out to me is Haurchefant.

I don't even remember most of the characters I'm seeing pop up during the MSQ stuff I'm doing right now.

If I do the skip it will be after I finish Heavensward.

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    people severely overstate how bad stormblood is for some reason

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Stormblood's finale has a lot to do with some important shadowbringers stuff so I wouldn't skip it.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    From levels 15-ish onwards you can get massive amounts of exp through Ishgard restoration and that stuff doesn't cost you gil.

Apparently I'm missing something because it certainly cost me gil to level BSM (starts at 20; not 15).

Unless this is another "oh you have to be in Shadowbringers" because my max level is mid 70s but I'm still in early Stormblood content

• Options
    Can someone make a "FFHead" website please?

• Options
    people severely overstate how bad stormblood is for some reason

Mostly just that it's sandwiched between two truly excellent stories.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Can someone make a "FFHead" website please?

garlandtools.org

EDIT: ffxivcollect.com to track all your collections and achievements and such.

ffxivteamcraft.com for crafting.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    From levels 15-ish onwards you can get massive amounts of exp through Ishgard restoration and that stuff doesn't cost you gil.

Apparently I'm missing something because it certainly cost me gil to level BSM (starts at 20; not 15).

Unless this is another "oh you have to be in Shadowbringers" because my max level is mid 70s but I'm still in early Stormblood content

Ishgard Restoration is a specific thing. More info here: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/ishgardian_restoration/ It's by far the best way to level gathering and crafting jobs in the game. This specific game loop shouldn't cost you gil as the materials and crafting recipes are only used for it and not normal gathering/crafting, and it's basically all done in a specific zone.

• Options
    admanb wrote: »

Part of it is that I keep hearing the story for stormblood isn't that interesting and that shadowbringers is. Another part is that I want to play gunbreaker and get mounts from shadowbringers.

The biggest part is that I have 180+ MSQ still to do between heavensward and stormblood and that is such a massively tedious amount. I also honestly can't say I even remember much of the story from the start of realm reborn to the dragonsong wars that I'm working on right now though part of that is because I stopped playing towards the end of Heavensward and am just now coming back. The only story thing that still sticks out to me is Haurchefant.

I don't even remember most of the characters I'm seeing pop up during the MSQ stuff I'm doing right now.

If I do the skip it will be after I finish Heavensward.

You can play gunbreaker the second you get 70, the trainer is in Gridania. The job story is as far as i know not really connected to the ShB main story at all.

And stormblood is not bad at all, I personally think the 4.1-4.5 stuff is really good. A lot of the frustration with it seems to come from people that played it as it came out, the story works much better with no wait between the story segments.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    actually you can pick up gunbreaker and dancer at 60, like how you can pick up samurai and red mage at 50. Heavensward's jobs start at 30 but you are blocked from picking them up until you actually reach Heavensward in the MSQ because they're in a city you can't reach until then, which was dumb and why the new job quests are always in one of the 3 ARR cities now and have no MSQ requirement.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    actually you can pick up gunbreaker and dancer at 60, like how you can pick up samurai and red mage at 50. Heavensward's jobs start at 30 but you are blocked from picking them up until you actually reach Heavensward in the MSQ because they're in a city you can't reach until then, which was dumb and why the new job quests are always in one of the 3 ARR cities now and have no MSQ requirement.

Oh right, it's 60 to unlock.

No idea why I thought 70.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Nightslyr wrote: »

Ishgard Restoration is a specific thing. More info here: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/ishgardian_restoration/ It's by far the best way to level gathering and crafting jobs in the game. This specific game loop shouldn't cost you gil as the materials and crafting recipes are only used for it and not normal gathering/crafting, and it's basically all done in a specific zone.

Ah, so if I had a gathering job then I wouldn't have to spend gil. I thought you were saying the mats were readily available not on the MB.

For the record I've used the Restoration items to get BSM from 20 to 50ish and get GSM from like 40 through early 60s.

Mugsley on
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Yeah, it's best to do the Ishgard Restoration with the relevant gathering job(s) because there's an entire instance dedicated to getting the special materials (which the game tells you when you do the tour of the Ishgard facility... It's when it talks about Eureka). They (the devs) made it so you level gathering and crafting together because the systems are linked with one (gathering) feeding the other (crafting).

• Options
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    Yeah, it's best to do the Ishgard Restoration with the relevant gathering job(s) because there's an entire instance dedicated to getting the special materials (which the game tells you when you do the tour of the Ishgard facility... It's when it talks about Eureka). They (the devs) made it so you level gathering and crafting together because the systems are linked with one (gathering) feeding the other (crafting).

Good time to get gatherers up now too, since that first week after an expansion launches is a gold mine.

• Options
    Dancer seems like fun...

Steam profile
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    dancer is fun, it's a rotation that makes really good use of minimal button count to still provide a stimulating experience because it's about maximizing the effects of procs in tight windows

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    lol who's this goofy huge samurai (?) that has suddenly appeared out of no where?

Steam profile
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Dancer seems like fun...

I wish dancer was fun :(. It's just 1-2-hope for procs.

Use procs when stored.

I haven't been this disappointed in a job since they retooled MCH in Stormblood (not that it didn't need adjustments. It had problems).

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
This discussion has been closed.