As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Final Fantasy the 14th, where the end of the world is on the way!

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    There is no way there are more male elezen than femroes.

Edit: okay, they're pretty similar in terms of active players.

https://ffxivcensus.com/

Delzhand on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Moogle was a pretty weird outlier, apparently. Not sure if that still holds true now that all servers are pretty much completely filled up.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Yeah player FemRoe count was literally Yoshi-P’s reason why they didn’t go for a more “Ara ara dragonlady” style of the Au Ra and went more anime waifu/cat girl style.

My heart is broken over what could have been as the concept art was great.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    That makes me wonder what route they're taking with lady hrothgar. It'd be a waste to go with another flavor of cute cat girl. I hope they're more animalistic, similar to the hrothgar we have already.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    Yeah player FemRoe count was literally Yoshi-P’s reason why they didn’t go for a more “Ara ara dragonlady” style of the Au Ra and went more anime waifu/cat girl style.

My heart is broken over what could have been as the concept art was great.

Don't get me wrong I love my small angry dragon girls but I certainly wouldn't have complained if we had some Bowsettes either

• Options
    Renzo wrote: »
    That makes me wonder what route they're taking with lady hrothgar. It'd be a waste to go with another flavor of cute cat girl. I hope they're more animalistic, similar to the hrothgar we have already.

proooobably like this? https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/battlechasersnightwar_gamepedia/images/9/9f/Beastmaster_Raha_(transparent).png/revision/latest?cb=20190724085023 (character art of Battlechasers Nightwar)

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Just a reminder that there's a Live Letter tonight that should be covering crafting, gathering, and that farming thing, if not more. 7:00 PM PDT/10:00 PM EDT

Nightslyr on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    Just a reminder that there's a Live Letter tonight that should be covering crafting, gathering, and that farming thing, if not more. 7:00 PM PDT/10:00 PM EDT

I believe that the Live Letter is on Friday US/Saturday JP. That's when they tend to happen

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/4ba98d8b63af752fbb5cc7def089b6f8f44787c4 November 5

Javen on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    you done flipped a 5 upside down in your head

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    ...goddammit

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    For very small values of 5.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    I'm still aiming for that flying bed mount, but that will have to wait until after Endwalker MSQ.

In the meantime, I decided to try and level a tank so I went and picked up the Gunbreaker intro quest.
    I unlocked the class, took one look at all the new abilities now populating my action bars and promptly went to Ul'Dah to pick up lvl 1 gladiator. :P

It should be possible to get a paladin to level cap in 2 weeks, right?

OldSlacker on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited November 2021

*continues grinding ARR PLD relic weapon instead of getting PLD to 80*

(OK, I'm 79 now, hitting 80 today or tomorrow from roulette/beast dailies)

Echo on
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    MB fun times
    vtroxbjg9bpr.png

@Slacker1913 have you tried DRK maybe? Besides that, the XP bonuses and short queues will get your PLD to at least the 70s pretty quick. You can probably just run some PotD at some point for quick levels between new abilities.

• Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    I'm still aiming for that flying bed mount, but that will have to wait until after Endwalker MSQ.

In the meantime, I decided to try and level a tank so I went and picked up the Gunbreaker intro quest.
    I unlocked the class, took one look at all the new abilities now populating my action bars and promptly went to Ul'Dah to pick up lvl 1 gladiator. :P

Easily I'd think, with armory bonus, rested xp + endwalker earring that gives 20 or 30% xp buff till level 80.

To say nothing of daily roulettes etc in need

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    finished the elemental armour over the last few days since completing TEA

I am literally a beacon of light.

012qcyxuex9x.png

• Options
    I'd really like to get that armor and I dipped my toe into Eureka (hit elemental level 7-ish), but yeah, not until after Endwalker is out.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Echo wrote: »
    I'd really like to get that armor and I dipped my toe into Eureka (hit elemental level 7-ish), but yeah, not until after Endwalker is out.

It was probably about 20 hours of gameplay

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    By finished, do you mean +1 or +2?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I think I want to jump back into this for a bit but I haven't played since heavensward - I checked a story recap and i believe I either finished the HW story patches or played until the last one so it looks like there wouldn't be much for me to do without buying expansions... so I guess that means I should just wait a couple weeks right? otherwise I'm buying shadowbringers and endwalker back to back just for a week of MSQ progress? If I understand it correctly

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    You definitely should wait. Pick up Endwalker to start on the 19th (preorder bonus early start) and you will have access to every other expansion as well.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I resubbed! Unfortunately since I had a kid 6 months ago I let my house lapse and it's gone :(

But otherwise I am making my way through the...5.2? 5.3? stuff and catching up on the MSQ. Dohaeris Evitain on Sargatanas if anyone sees me running around. I'm in GHOST but don't talk in there too much

• Options
    Mugsley wrote: »
    MB fun times
    vtroxbjg9bpr.png

@Slacker1913 have you tried DRK maybe? Besides that, the XP bonuses and short queues will get your PLD to at least the 70s pretty quick. You can probably just run some PotD at some point for quick levels between new abilities.

My main issue is that I haven't tanked anything properly since WoW Cataclysm and my social anxiety is making me sweat just thinking about messing up a dungeon for someone.

DRK looks fun and I definitely want to see the job story for it one day, but for now I think I'll be more comfortable starting at lvl 1 and slowly get into it.
    I got to lvl 22 yesterday just clearing sidequests from the map and doing random FATEs. I plan on doing a leveling roulette tonight and if I don't get Halatali I'll probably run that one on the side just to clear some marks from the first level of the GC hunting log.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Unless you go into the high-end content, tanking is pretty forgiving in 14

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    Also a severe lack of tanks, so even if you make a mistake people will treat you with respect and patience because they're mostly just glad you're there as a tank.

• Options
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Unless you go into the high-end content, tanking is pretty forgiving in 14

Tank stance and you basically can't lose aggro from anything you're hitting, so it's just make sure it's on at the start of an instance and then pop cooldowns if you're pulling multiple enemy sets.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I only tank a bit in 14, my DRK just hit 60 not long ago. If I tell people I'm new at tanking or its my first time on a specific dungeon, I always get a really great response. People are usually just really nice

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    tanking is hugely more accessible that in was in the old days. long as you can do a basic dps rotation and hit your mitigation buttons before you take a bunch of damage you'll clear most everything.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Having gone full yolo as a tank more than once, you're going to be fine with most dungeon and even normal trial/content so long as you're humble, and have a sense of humor about things.

Ive run into one toxic party member out of hundreds of runs since starting in March.

• Options
    edited November 2021
    CorriganX wrote: »
    You definitely should wait. Pick up Endwalker to start on the 19th (preorder bonus early start) and you will have access to every other expansion as well.

Not to mention the 30% XP bonus earrings from preordering (I think?).

Also ding, Paladin 80. Now to continue the MSQ until the next shiny job to level distracts me.

u5yd0zs22huo.png

Echo on
  • Options
    Yeah, it's just my own issues.
    I just did Tam Tara and it was super easy so I'll just keep at it until the nervousness goes away.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    I definitely used to love tanking as a war, then Sometimes you just go full ham DPS while doing it.

Also thanks for the confirmation. Will preorder the new hotness

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    I was looking up some Heavensward cutscenes because I couldn't remember how stuff went, nor where in HW they went, and came across some FFXIV 1.0 stuff.

And damn, the character animation here actually blows most of 2.0 out of the water until some Shadowbringers stuff - there's so much stuff with recycled animations you see all the time, excluding some of the really big cutscenes.

And then the gameplay is just utter toilet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xnhhJisWNs

• Options
    1.0 had a lot of attention paid to things, yes. Many of them the wrong things, as well.

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    By finished, do you mean +1 or +2?

+1 only

for now Eureka mostly doesn't interest me beyond the glam of the armour. I'll probably be interested in going and finishing off the weapon and fully augment the armour at some point

• Options
    AkilaeAkilae Registered User regular
    So Endwalker is available for pre-order only from Square?

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    You can preorder in Steam as well

• Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    I got my copy from the Humble Store and I saw it on Green Man Gaming as well.

Caedwyr on
  • Options
    Mugsley wrote: »
    You can preorder in Steam as well

That only works for people with the steam version of the game already. Very important not to mix them up.

This discussion has been closed.