As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW Classic] Wrath of the Lich King is Live!

• Options
    MercadeMercade Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Jasconius wrote: »
    Mercade wrote: »
    Pog. Champion. https://classic.wowhead.com/news/new-blizzard-survey-classic-fresh-classic-updates-and-phase-cadence-323044

Although I am dismayed that my #1 wishlist item, 1.0 itemization, is not on the list of options they are considering

Is there really enough remaining interest in 1-60 Vanilla that they would open new servers in addition to the existing Classic Era realms? My only guess is they "have" to do this lest Vanilla diehards start returning to pservers (which they probably already are).

before classic, vanilla private servers were a pretty constant thing and they basically ran seasons. i dont know what the populations were in them though, but there was clearly an appetite

how much remaining interest does there need to be? if you had a single functional healthy server that would be a good thing.

the fact that they are even thinking in this mindset is a positive sign because that means they see all early era content as potentially evergreen service, so you'll probably get fresh BC and wrath seasons forever and ever as well

Maybe. Classic on a 12-month season schedule I could see being a thing. Heck, I wouldn't mind doing it one more time if I knew it was 12 months. As for TBC, while I am enjoying it (owing in no small part to the fine company in <RD> (join us!)), I'm mostly biding my time until Wrath where things git real gud.

Mercade on
    Switch: SW-1909-0466-9585
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    I swear to god I have the craziest night and day luck. Raid rolls are always like single digits, but I am blessed for 5-mans. In the past few weeks:

First heroic OHB on my rogue: Tied other rogue with a 99 roll for Bracers and won them. (yes a heroic OHB with 2 rogues is exactly as painful as you're imagining, but we did it)
    Got my hunter to 70, made a called shot in guild discord that first time I'd run Heroic Steamvaults I'd get the bow: Got it.
    Finally got my first heroic BM group together on my rogue. BELT AQUIRED.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Pog. Champion. https://classic.wowhead.com/news/new-blizzard-survey-classic-fresh-classic-updates-and-phase-cadence-323044

Although I am dismayed that my #1 wishlist item, 1.0 itemization, is not on the list of options they are considering

Is there really enough remaining interest in 1-60 Vanilla that they would open new servers in addition to the existing Classic Era realms? My only guess is they "have" to do this lest Vanilla diehards start returning to pservers (which they probably already are).

before classic, vanilla private servers were a pretty constant thing and they basically ran seasons. i dont know what the populations were in them though, but there was clearly an appetite

how much remaining interest does there need to be? if you had a single functional healthy server that would be a good thing.

the fact that they are even thinking in this mindset is a positive sign because that means they see all early era content as potentially evergreen service, so you'll probably get fresh BC and wrath seasons forever and ever as well

Maybe. Classic on a 12-month season schedule I could see being a thing. Heck, I wouldn't mind doing it one more time if I knew it was 12 months. As for TBC, while I am enjoying it (owing in no small part to the fine company in <RD> (join us!)), I'm mostly biding my time until Wrath where things git real gud.

dont really have an opinion on the timeline but if they wanted to shorten it they could probably compress BWL and ZG into a single phase and... i dont think anyone would really care.... or maybe just give ZG a 1 month delay instead of however many months it ended up being

ill probably play wrath because a lightning bolt hit my computer and so i never got to see anything beyond naxx redux, and i am curious about what DKs were like before they abandoned every single cool idea they had

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    My guild decided to try speedrunning T4 raids because they were getting boring (also split raiding while we were at it)

Tonight, we got world rank 29 speed on High king Maulgar (19 seconds, we bumrushed Maulgar) and world rank 7 Magtheridon (3:27, we did this by clicking three times in a row, pushing him below 30% and forcing the last cube clicks after the ceiling collapsed)

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    The whole "fuckin' just murder Maulgar" for a speed score cracks me alllllll the way the fuck up

For Mag, were you just keeping him banished as much as possible for the increased damage, and only actually banished one blast wave? Or maybe two? That feels pretty fast

• Options
    we were waiting until the first blast nova then we banished group 1 > immediately into banish group 2 > banish group 3 and timing lust/pots/cooldowns etc to push him below 30% within that 30 second window of increased damage

The last click was timed for after the ceiling collapse and by then he was pretty much dead

• Options
    edited July 2021
    An update on recruiting for <Reforged Daggers> on Pagle;

HIGH:
    Resto Shaman
    Elemental Shaman
    Holy Paladin (flexibility for occasional 25s tanking appreciated)
    Feral (Cat) Druid (flexibility for occasional 25s tanking required)

MEDIUM:
    Arms Warrior
    Warlock

I'm not super expecting to get all of that, but like half of it would be pretty sweet. We're 14/14 for phase one with two Mag kills under our belt and two, hopefully three Nightbane kills this week

Rius on
  • Options
    Meanwhile if anyone's alliance on Atiesh looking for a guild <Tree Drink Minimum> keeps getting new friends and helping them get up to kara tier

• Options
    edited July 2021

ill probably play wrath because a lightning bolt hit my computer and so i never got to see anything beyond naxx redux, and i am curious about what DKs were like before they abandoned every single cool idea they had

I never liked DKs much so I can't speak to that but I highly recommend experiencing Ulduar and Icecrown Citadel. Amazing raids. Trial of the Whatever was whatever.

Mercade on
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    DK was just different versions of broken for the entirety of Wrath.

• Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    An update on recruiting for <Reforged Daggers> on Pagle;

HIGH:
    Resto Shaman
    Elemental Shaman
    Holy Paladin (flexibility for occasional 25s tanking appreciated)
    Feral (Cat) Druid (flexibility for occasional 25s tanking required)

Aww man, this was my jam back in the day. Cat by day, bear tanking Morogrim Tidewalker by night! Flight form!

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Lightning Capacitor geeeeeeeeet!

edit: and my BIS neck and my second BIS ring

admanb on
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    My guild decided to try speedrunning T4 raids because they were getting boring (also split raiding while we were at it)

Tonight, we got world rank 29 speed on High king Maulgar (19 seconds, we bumrushed Maulgar) and world rank 7 Magtheridon (3:27, we did this by clicking three times in a row, pushing him below 30% and forcing the last cube clicks after the ceiling collapsed)

Ha, I think I "randomly" found this on wcl today because I was poking around logs trying to find some examples of 3-4 healers on mag for someone that didn't believe me that it was a thing

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Finally enchanted my weapon because I was tired of Legacy not dropping, so of course Legacy dropped tonight. Bow dropped last week, so now that I've farmed up all my badges I'm left with just the daily cooking quest. Unless I get bored and decide to go clear zones of quests just for gold. Raid logging in phase 1...time for an alt I guess.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
  • Options
    The 5-man luck continues! Very first guild run to kill the midsummer boss and I was the only one who could use:

69orny8n8ivl.png

• Options
    I thought those stats looked familiar; that's an exact copy of the heroic badge necklace!

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Finally got Quag's Eye hurrah! Now to get enough hit that I can wear it without an elemental shaman propping me up

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Finally got Quag's Eye hurrah! Now to get enough hit that I can wear it without an elemental shaman propping me up

Alternatively use it as an argument to always get an ele shaman in group!

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Frozenzen wrote: »

Alternatively use it as an argument to always get an ele shaman in group!

This sounds like an excellent plan

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    I know I already had Sunfury Bow with a crit scope on it (for two whole weeks) but zero ragrets switching to this fine specimen of a bangy-bang stick

kardwwrwbgbr.jpg

I haven't had a gun equipped since maybe level 45 or some shit

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Speedrunning Kara and we keep fucking up on the trash after Curator trying to be fancy with skips

With our pace we are close to sub 55 mins which would be world #4

Also I finally got Nightbane neck and Prince cloak for my resto shaman, just need chess boots, Prince ring, T4 shoulders and Maggy shield and I am fully phase bis

Beasteh on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Speedrunning Kara and we keep fucking up on the trash after Curator trying to be fancy with skips

Also I finally got Nightbane neck and Prince cloak for my resto shaman, just need chess boots, Prince ring, T4 shoulders and Maggy shield and I am fully phase bis

Got the boots this week, just have this left on the bis list.

v3411b4q4i90.png

Silly Mag, drop the shield at least!

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    I just need DST, which, yeah right.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I just need DST, which, yeah right.

never heard of it

• Options
    16 second HKM kill tonight

And I got bloodmaw magus-blade for my warlock

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

Back then in the train wreck as it devolved into clics at this moment. We could breeze up to the curator with ease the shade gave us problems. But this was due to how the group was set up. When we got to the prince it was easy. It was about less than 90 minutes for us back then to get to the prince as that fight was long compared to the others

As we got the "dregs" of the guild after we got the Curator in less than a hour he started forcing spies upon us to figure out why they were failing to get past the opera and we were far ahead of them

• Options
    edited August 2021
    my guild is still doing silly things, behold killing gruul seeing only a single ground slam https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/reports/C76mwc4ZBnWYP2ak#fight=last&view=rankings

Beasteh on
  • Options
    Another week without a Spiteblade drop in our Kara raid.......

....Which was quickly assuaged by a trash mob dropping a Blinkstrike! I'LL TAKE IT!

• Options
    Well behind the curve but my gang of misfits has cleared the tier now, got my Champion of the Naaru, now fingers crossed I can get a weapon before T5 is out because I'm still using Greatsword of Horrid Dreams :hydra:

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    2 hunters in my guild bragging about parsing in top 100 hunters on the server now that they both have DST...
    unknown.png

One Day

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Imagine having DST dropping more than once!

We've had double raids going for a month or so and one every reset before that and I think we only have one so far.

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    We got one DST the first kill and none since.

1stv2q5hu3xa.png

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    I've seen one in a GDKP and that's it. We'd need four to drop before I got one anyway.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Classic Fresh confirmed. LFM Jailbreak? /s

• Options
    edited August 2021
    LMAO, I've been chasing Mr. Pinchy every single night since I hit fishing cap, our guild bank is drowning in crawdads and fishsticks, but I never got a single one until Wednesday night.

Well I was cooling down from raid tonight with some more fishing, and wouldn't you know it:
    unknown.png

edit:

unknown.png

helllllll yeeeeeah

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Due to various reasons I have not played that much. I was curious can you still burn down the church in Strat as a Blood Elf paladin to get your mount and tabard? As this was one of my goals and I know I can get to 60 over a couple of weeks with what little time I can play at