As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW Classic] Wrath of the Lich King is Live!

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    I'm hoping they chill a bit on nerfs. We got brutallus down this week, starting felmyst monday. It would be nice to at least see pre nerf mu'ru!

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    It's taken a helluva time but finally...

46easgvhtot3.png

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    today,

was a day of days

r8CM9cx.jpg

pidfg7mwmm9u.png

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    At long last, after all this time... Sunmote.

borb_sig.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I guess wrath beta went live today? Seems kind of out of the blue.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I guess wrath beta went live today? Seems kind of out of the blue.

It's about the right time for it. They announced yesterday the pre-wrath XP buff will be going live in the next few weeks, and mentioned that pre-patch will be a few weeks after that, with the XP buff lasting for 6-8 weeks until wrath launch. Earlier rumors had Wrath launch sometime in September, so I think this lines up pretty nicely.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Naturally we will launch once again as school and college football starts.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Welp, really hoping we can scrape a raid together enough times before that to clear sunwell.

Twins down wednesday this week at least, so we get to spend some time being murdered by a windchime monday!

• Options
    MercadeMercade Registered User regular
    Fun little Wrath video posted today. Looking forward to getting back to Northrend, will likely be maining disc priest for Horde and some flavor of my druid for Alliance. Didn't have sufficient time for TBC due to life, but just I started a new job with (finally) raid-friendly hours, thank goodness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLHUJDP-89c&t=531s

Switch: SW-1909-0466-9585
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    well this happened tonight

unknown.png

• Options
    Sounds like Wrath is releasing on september 26th.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Seems like they took it down pretty quickly. Could change, might not. Seems to match the rumors, but also I'm hearing they've been having some issues with beta, so who knows.

• Options
    Late September sounds about right. Now to grind out gold for dual spec and cold weather flying.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    A monday is an odd choice, but who knows eh? Trying to remember what the TBC launch day was, irrc it was Weds night after patch day.

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    Weirdly if they did release it on that date it would be right in the middle of brewfest and I don't think they do releases midway through seasonal events

• Options
    Well it's officially Sept 26th now!

• Options
    If you're lacking your daily salt intake you can read on the blizz forums about the boosting changes.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    We killed M'uru woooooo

4 minutes, 18 seconds, and 92 previous wipes

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    unknown.png?width=246&height=518

Just hit 70 on my mage tonight thanks to the exp boost... I might be an altoholic.

(also you might notice I have the best name ever in reserve for a Gnome Death Knight)

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    That one's gonna bring a smile to a lot of faces :)

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    Irishgoodbye is a great name for a rogue too

• Options
    oh hey

w83kckkmbn44.png

wasn't expecting that

• Options
    GularksGularks Registered User new member
    They also will have "fresh realms" for WoW WotLK Classic.

• Options
    I don't know how popular those will be really. Like I can imagine a rush of some players and then them dying out after a couple weeks as the majority of the population who's going to play WOTLK are doing so to continue their classic characters already.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I don't know how popular those will be really. Like I can imagine a rush of some players and then them dying out after a couple weeks as the majority of the population who's going to play WOTLK are doing so to continue their classic characters already.

They will open transfers to them eventually, I believe. I can see some guilds taking advantage of that.

• Options

They will open transfers to them eventually, I believe. I can see some guilds taking advantage of that.

Tranfers would just kill them faster I would think. The wanderlust is a fresh unruined server. Letting other people bring their millions in gold and fully kitted raids over would just defeat the purpose of a fresh server.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Yeah, they might. Their announcement sort of implies transfers/boosts could come eventually:
    3rula3thngu0.png

• Options
    Yeah it feels like hedging their bet in case the server bottoms out.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I'm surprised there's enough appetite for Fresh to support multiple realms, but I'm glad the option is there for those who want it. I don't *totally* see the point if they aren't going to also put a bunch of anti-bot mechanisms in place to maybe preserve the economy, but hey, I'm not the audience for it. I'm currently leveling one last toon with the XP buff, then I'm all set. Then I never want to level again (until Vanilla fresh happens in 2025 /s)

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Hey

Hey guys

Why did the rogue put tricks of the trade on the mage who was already trying to race the tank for threat?
    Because Tricks are for Skids

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    There was also a post about the season ending and brutal gladiator things being available for honor.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    probably going to make a character on one of the wrath freshes...

som did not seem to keep its head above water, therefore i have a suspicion that this is the last new server they're going to spin up for classic before they move on to... whatever they end up doing with this concept

• Options
    PvP servers only for fresh…I’m good. I’m still not convinced fresh will actually offer that much change. The economy will be the economy 3-4 weeks in and it doesn’t seem to be distinguishable from other servers, but godspeed. I’ll stick to what I have on Pagle/Mankrik. By my count, I’ve leveled at least 8 toons to 60+. No more

What would make me consider an SOM 2 would be heroic versions of all vanilla dungeons, plus maybe some new content. I know they won’t do it because scarce resources, small indie company…, but I’m left to wonder what will happen beyond Wrath classic. I don’t see a lot of hype for a Cata classic, let alone Dragonflight

• Options
    Mercade wrote: »
    What would make me consider an SOM 2 would be heroic versions of all vanilla dungeons, plus maybe some new content. I know they won’t do it because scarce resources, small indie company…, but I’m left to wonder what will happen beyond Wrath classic. I don’t see a lot of hype for a Cata classic, let alone Dragonflight

cata doesn't make sense for a lot of reasons but small indie company seems destined to take the path of least resistance, especially if wrath ends up successful they're going to be tempted to capture this audience by keeping the ball rolling and do whatever they think will cause the least attrition

i didn't know they were only going to do a single pvp server... that is.. horrible!

• Options
    Jasconius wrote: »

cata doesn't make sense for a lot of reasons but small indie company seems destined to take the path of least resistance, especially if wrath ends up successful they're going to be tempted to capture this audience by keeping the ball rolling and do whatever they think will cause the least attrition

i didn't know they were only going to do a single pvp server... that is.. horrible!

They almost immediately added a Fresh PvE realm for each region, so at least they're listening.

And I'm sure Wrath Classic will be successful because, well, Wrath. But as this may be the last phase of Classic for Blizzard, and certainly for many players, they have to get it right. I think they should protract the tier releases as long as they can without players bailing en masse. Except for ToC - they can keep that one as short as they like.

On that note, they're considering squishing the ilvl of ToC gear to keep Ulduar relevant longer, and to nerf people a little bit going into ICC, which I think is a good thing. Ulduar was eclipsed too soon by ToC, a bore of a raid that made Ulduar very irrelevant, which was a bummer. tl;dr More Ulduar, Less ToC plz thx

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Ion asked in an interview what players might want to see out of a Cata classic so they’re definitely considering it. It’ll just lean further towards “changes” than “no changes.” As they get into more modern xpacks the effort that goes into updating them has to drop.

I think they’d be fools not to eventually hit MoP and Legion classic, given how loved those expansions are. They’re not going to hit the heights of TBC/Wrath but lower investment for lower reward is still a reward.

• Options
    I'm sure they'll keep doing Classic releases as long as it's profitable (and to suppress private servers in some way), but basically everyone I've heard from is a no on Cata Classic. And I don't even hate Cata - it has some incredible dungeons and questing zones (I love Uldum and Deepholm) - but I think for many players the spirit of "old WoW" dies off after ICC.

But, if they carry on, more power to them. I'd much rather see their resources invested in a full on Warcraft reboot in a modern engine with console/PC cross-play.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Jasconius wrote: »

They almost immediately added a Fresh PvE realm for each region, so at least they're listening.

And I'm sure Wrath Classic will be successful because, well, Wrath. But as this may be the last phase of Classic for Blizzard, and certainly for many players, they have to get it right. I think they should protract the tier releases as long as they can without players bailing en masse. Except for ToC - they can keep that one as short as they like.

On that note, they're considering squishing the ilvl of ToC gear to keep Ulduar relevant longer, and to nerf people a little bit going into ICC, which I think is a good thing. Ulduar was eclipsed too soon by ToC, a bore of a raid that made Ulduar very irrelevant, which was a bummer. tl;dr More Ulduar, Less ToC plz thx

I mean they could just use some fucking restraint and just release ToC somewhat later, it's not rocket surgery

Smrtnik on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    i'd like to see them turn the current servers into an alternate fork of the game that becomes a sort of inverse timewalking where you keep the classic combat engine, spellbooks, etc...

cata zones are awesome and I'm sure the cata raids look cool, but i honestly think it makes no sense to bring the game past the 3.x engine because at that point you might as well just play retail??? cata is when they really started overhauling the game into the modern philosophy and that spongy generic feel starts to take root

you could keep reforging because that solves a big problem but ditch almost everything else and i don't think you'd find too many complaints...

its hard to find people with good things to say about cata, but i don't know if that was directed at the content... the content seemed pretty awesome to me. it was the gameplay that was questionable