As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

NEW COMICS DELAYED FOR MEMORIAL DAY

2»

Posts

  • TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS
    edited June 2007
    Lux wrote: »
    Is Amazons Attack any good?

    Why are they attacking?
    It's still not clear. At first it was because Hippolyta was angry at Wonder Woman's capture/abuse, which apparently happened in her own book. But then they made it seem like Circe was manipulating her. Except now they're saying Hippolyta killed Circe, but it's clear something is still not right in her head. Something happened with her resurrection.

    My guess is that it's...
    Lazarus Pit induced psychosis.
    I don't like the way DC's brought back, "Buy Countdown#__" to find the missing scene in this story! It makes me feel like nothing I'm reading is complete.

    Huh. I like it. All the major points are covered in both Countdown and the tie-in books. Plus, it's explicitly clear which books tie-in to which issues of Countdown with the badged UPC thing. It makes me feel like that I'm reading is complete and that it's being built upon Countdown.

    Really, though. If you didn't read 52 or aren't reading Countdown, you have no business reading DC Comics. Read up or GTFO.

    Terrorbyte on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Munch's Superawesome Comic Reviews!

    Blue Beetle- what. Williams' art was pretty so-so, with the first few pages of the book being kind of ugly, but the last half of the book being pretty good. The way he draws eyes is weird though. The story was just pointless though. Jaime goes to STAR labs after talking to his support team, encounters and briefly fights Livewire, and then spends two pages talking to Superman. The end. The dialogue was easily the worst part of this book though, as it was filled to the brim with exposition, making the conversations clunky and weird. Though there was a pretty funny joke about a JLI website titled "The Smoking Pistol." Save your money, even for a filler issue this is just bad. D-

    Justice Society of America- what. I don't think it'd be fair for me to review this, as the story's pretty much an incomprehensible mess without reading JLA, or knowing decades of Legion history. Still, the art's just great, and the dialogue's pretty good. I just wish I understood what the fuck I was reading. C+ for me, you may enjoy it more if you're reading JLA though.

    Munch on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited June 2007
    And even if I did have every issue on hand, skipping from one book to another to get the full story makes the entire experience feel fragmented and that much harder to understand as a continuum.

    See, they're expecting you to have some memory skills to be able to recall what happened in other books even after you've read them.

    What dicks!

    Garlic Bread on
  • hughtronhughtron __BANNED USERS
    edited June 2007
    Really, though. If you didn't read 52 or aren't reading Countdown, you have no business reading DC Comics. Read up or GTFO.

    This right here is everything wrong with Superhero Comic Books today.

    hughtron on
    minisy3.gif
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User
    edited June 2007
    hughtron wrote: »
    Really, though. If you didn't read 52 or aren't reading Countdown, you have no business reading DC Comics. Read up or GTFO.

    This right here is everything wrong with Superhero Comic Books today.

    Yeah, that was a pretty dumb comment. Doesn't even deserve the typical smiley.

    Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User
    edited June 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    And even if I did have every issue on hand, skipping from one book to another to get the full story makes the entire experience feel fragmented and that much harder to understand as a continuum.

    See, they're expecting you to have some memory skills to be able to recall what happened in other books even after you've read them.

    What dicks!

    I'm thinking in the long term, like when you're re-reading the story in trade format a year from now. For instance, if I had an Amazon Attacks trade, I'd also need the trade from the appropriate week of Countdown as well as a Wonder Woman trade and likely Teen Titans and Supergirl as well if I wanted to read the story "as intended". This is unlike Civil War which, despite its numerous tie-ins, can be read from beginning to end without any self-created holes in the middle. Hell, the tie-ins don't even need the main Civil War title to be understood as they have conclusions of their own that reference the final fight and tie everything up in a bow for you in the same way.

    I'm not opposed to huge events, mind you. I just wish every writer was given a chance to write an entire story, without (ostensibly) being forced to leave out seemingly important details that are covered in other books simply to sell a few more of those titles.

    Jesus, couldn't they just relegate their sales pitches for other books to the end of mine, so that they don't take me out of the story while I'm reading it?

    Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Zeeb!Zeeb! Registered User
    edited June 2007
    Is Amazons Attack any good?

    Why are they attacking?

    Amazons Attack is good fun. Not at all what I would consider a "must pick-up" series (thus far), but it's enjoyable fluff. An angry Amazonian woman kills an innocent man and his small child in the first couple of pages of issue #1, which pretty much set the tone for the series.

    Edit: Hooraydiation, most of the time, trades include every issue that would be important to understanding the story, even if they're from different series. Batman: Fugitive contains Nightwing issues, Spider-Man: The Other compiles issues from every Spidey series, and so forth.

    Zeeb! on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User
    edited June 2007
    Countdown's an odd duck, though, considering the number of books that will ultimately be important to understanding Countdown's story (and vice verse).

    Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    hughtron wrote: »
    Really, though. If you didn't read 52 or aren't reading Countdown, you have no business reading DC Comics. Read up or GTFO.
    This right here is everything wrong with Superhero Comic Books today.
    Good thing it isn't true because I gave up on 52 early because it did nothing for me, but I still enjoyed a bunch of other DC books.

    deadonthestreet on
  • TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS
    edited June 2007
    Seriously, how the fuck could you read DCU comics without 52 or Countdown?

    "Oh, a multiverse? How'd that get there!?"

    It'd be like reading Marvel comics month after month without having read Civil War or World War Hulk. They're fucking marquee books/events that set the tone for the entire universe.

    Retards.
    I gave up on 52 early because it did nothing for me

    Bwahahaha. That's lame. Everyone read 52.
    but I still enjoyed a bunch of other DC books.

    No, you didn't. Your pulls rarely if ever contain more than a small smattering of DC books. GTFO.

    Terrorbyte on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Terrorbyte wrote: »
    Seriously, how the fuck could you read DCU comics without 52 or Countdown?

    "Oh, a multiverse? How'd that get there!?"

    It'd be like reading Marvel comics month after month without having read Civil War or World War Hulk. They're fucking marquee books/events that set the tone for the entire universe.

    Retards.
    I gave up on 52 early because it did nothing for me
    Bwahahaha. That's lame. Everyone read 52.
    but I still enjoyed a bunch of other DC books.
    No, you didn't. Your pulls rarely if ever contain more than a small smattering of DC books. GTFO.

    And he wonders why people call him a dick.

    Bloods End on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User
    edited June 2007
    Looks like Terrorbyte is back with a vengeance.

    Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Whoa, Terrorbyte is banned now? Man, I sure missed a lot while I was asleep.

    Also, I never read a single issue of 52, but I sure have had a good time reading JLA, JSA, Trials of Shazam, Green Lantern, and Green Lantern Corps.

    wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User
    edited June 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Whoa, Terrorbyte is banned now? Man, I sure missed a lot while I was asleep.

    Aw man, you missed the Doom Patrol thread?

    It was of epic proportions.

    Maybe Brainiac will come back. Remember Brainiac? Good times.

    Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Oh shit I reported that post of his before I noticed he was banned.

    Mai-Kero on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Bad Karma wrote: »
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Whoa, Terrorbyte is banned now? Man, I sure missed a lot while I was asleep.

    Aw man, you missed the Doom Patrol thread?

    It was of epic proportions.

    Maybe Brainiac will come back. Remember Brainiac? Good times.
    what Doom Patrol thread?

    Sars_Boy on
  • devoirdevoir Registered User
    edited June 2007
    Was a thread of epic banning potential. That got fulfilled.

    devoir on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User
    edited June 2007
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    Bad Karma wrote: »
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Whoa, Terrorbyte is banned now? Man, I sure missed a lot while I was asleep.

    Aw man, you missed the Doom Patrol thread?

    It was of epic proportions.

    Maybe Brainiac will come back. Remember Brainiac? Good times.
    what Doom Patrol thread?

    He made a thread called "Exclusive Doom Patrol Movie news" or something to that affect. Inside though lay pictures of unimaginable horror.

    Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Bad Karma wrote: »
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    Bad Karma wrote: »
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Whoa, Terrorbyte is banned now? Man, I sure missed a lot while I was asleep.

    Aw man, you missed the Doom Patrol thread?

    It was of epic proportions.

    Maybe Brainiac will come back. Remember Brainiac? Good times.
    what Doom Patrol thread?

    He made a thread called "Exclusive Doom Patrol Movie news" or something to that affect. Inside though lay pictures of unimaginable horror.

    I still don't know what the Asian crab armor thing was.

    It had something coming out of her vagina.

    Bloods End on
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Bloods End wrote: »
    Bad Karma wrote: »
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    Bad Karma wrote: »
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Whoa, Terrorbyte is banned now? Man, I sure missed a lot while I was asleep.

    Aw man, you missed the Doom Patrol thread?

    It was of epic proportions.

    Maybe Brainiac will come back. Remember Brainiac? Good times.
    what Doom Patrol thread?

    He made a thread called "Exclusive Doom Patrol Movie news" or something to that affect. Inside though lay pictures of unimaginable horror.

    I still don't know what the Asian crab armor thing was.

    It had something coming out of her vagina.

    Did this just happen in the past day or something? I can't find it anywhere.

    Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User
    edited June 2007
    Nogs wrote: »
    Bloods End wrote: »
    Bad Karma wrote: »
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    Bad Karma wrote: »
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Whoa, Terrorbyte is banned now? Man, I sure missed a lot while I was asleep.

    Aw man, you missed the Doom Patrol thread?

    It was of epic proportions.

    Maybe Brainiac will come back. Remember Brainiac? Good times.
    what Doom Patrol thread?

    He made a thread called "Exclusive Doom Patrol Movie news" or something to that affect. Inside though lay pictures of unimaginable horror.

    I still don't know what the Asian crab armor thing was.

    It had something coming out of her vagina.

    Did this just happen in the past day or something? I can't find it anywhere.

    It happend in the wee hours of the morning. The mods couldn't lock it. It required an old priest and a young priest to smite the evil within.

    Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Bad Karma wrote: »
    Nogs wrote: »
    Bloods End wrote: »
    Bad Karma wrote: »
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    Bad Karma wrote: »
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Whoa, Terrorbyte is banned now? Man, I sure missed a lot while I was asleep.

    Aw man, you missed the Doom Patrol thread?

    It was of epic proportions.

    Maybe Brainiac will come back. Remember Brainiac? Good times.
    what Doom Patrol thread?

    He made a thread called "Exclusive Doom Patrol Movie news" or something to that affect. Inside though lay pictures of unimaginable horror.

    I still don't know what the Asian crab armor thing was.

    It had something coming out of her vagina.

    Did this just happen in the past day or something? I can't find it anywhere.

    It happend in the wee hours of the morning. The mods couldn't lock it. It required an old priest and a young priest to smite the evil within.

    I hope they remembered to weave salt into the ground. Sounds like we don't want any of that growing around here again.

    Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Has anyone read that Barracuda Max thing? Is it good?

    DouglasDanger on
    I play games on ps3 and ps4. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007
    a buddy of mine loves it. it sounds like if you liked barracuda in the punisher, or if you like the boys, you'd probably dig it. i've been meaning to borrow the issues from him.

    Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Barracuda is great.

    Punisher 50 will be a fucking treat

    Sars_Boy on
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007
    are they doing something special? i hadn't heard

    Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Servo wrote: »
    are they doing something special? i hadn't heard

    Barracuda shows up in it.

    Mai-Kero on
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007
    special enough for me!

    Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    They fight.

    Sars_Boy on
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007
    well that's just out of character

    Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Art by Howard Chaykin.

    D:

    Bloods End on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    oh fuck I forgot about that


    fuuuuuuuck

    Sars_Boy on
Sign In or Register to comment.