As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Rebel Script ⍺] New Zellatia - Let Us Strive Together

2»

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    I think it was just a cool bow. Weapons are props often times, used in a descriptive way. They still count, they still matter. A ranged option in battle can be good! Using it cleverly will grant you a bonus die at times.

You’ll have to mark 1 equipment use to get a battle’s worth of arrows.

Make a note of it on your sheet!

Likewise you’ve got a trident, and the MANA!

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    So what does it mean to "mark 1 equipment use"? Like, how many time can I do that during a session or adventure? I've read the page for equipment several times but I'm still not entirely clear on using it

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Actually, i hate to break it to you all, but the coolbow never happend. It was a proposed idea - she was gonna use the demon nails to try and make a bow that could banish demons by shoootin' em, but you turned it down because you didnt think Baber was a shooty mc shooty person

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    Darmak wrote: »
    So what does it mean to "mark 1 equipment use"? Like, how many time can I do that during a session or adventure? I've read the page for equipment several times but I'm still not entirely clear on using it

So, on your sheet you’ve got 6 equipment slots.

lz69m0qklbbo.jpeg

During an adventure you can tick the little box and write in something useful you definitely brought with you. Once you fill all 6 that’s what you’ve got, until it’s used up, broken, or left behind. At the start of the next adventure you can start again.

• Options
    Ooooh, okay, I see, thanks!

And Peng, that's okay, we can either say Gear and Baber made it together in a flashback or something if Endless is cool with that since we're handwaving that whole dungeon away, or I can just use the dancing dagger as a ranged option since it does return to me when thrown. I'm cool either way! ☺️

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Wilderness map made.

Is everyone okay to start? I’ll wait for a post from each of you.

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    @Endless_Serpents What do i still need to do for my character sheet? I'm honestly still pretty lost

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Nothing, I’m pretty sure. Have you seen your sheet?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oWZgYCrjnV7A90xkxYhnMreuvoo0hlvKgIxUdrFNaVM/edit

Honestly once we get started it should run okay. I’m running another game on here right now that’s just started, take a look if it helps.

Thanks for taking the time to try it.

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Aargh I am so sorry for being a flake lately! I'll get caught up shortly. I'm in the middle of moving halfway across the country to take a new job and I didn't make brain space for stuff that deserved it.

• Options
    I’m in no particular rush. The thread isn’t going anywhere @Tynnan

I’ll maybe make a big starting post tomorrow, and you guys can step in when you’re ready.

Good luck with everything!

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Let Us Strive Together

The earth rumbles, sending thousands of birds into the air above a forest. Just a tremor. But it’s the first you’ve felt. Luce instinctively grabs Baber and Hado by the arm, as if she could support them. Manini drops to six legs, his short sword quickly switched to his mandibles. Gear’s electric blue eye arcs as her heart jolts in trepidation.

The further you travel through the wilds, the more your view of the land changes. Now you think of New Zellatia as a singular city nestled in the placid lowlands by the sea, and not as the central axis from which the world spins. Before you the land is shaped by tectonic battles. Great plateaus are thrown upwards to the sky. Towering shelves of land press against each other like rival wrestlers. Huge chasms have formed in their parting, so deep the rivers running through them are like lines of ink on a page.

You’ve recently passed through a few miles of soggy marsh, and have just caught sight of an old camp. There are three spent campfires, and a few trinkets scattered about. No tents. Trees have been cut down, and wild bushes torn up. This camping site wasn’t abandoned due to some unfortunate fate, it’s where a large group of people were safely resting some weeks ago before moving on.

In the distance you can see a dense forest to the north, out of which a massive plateau looms. Smoke billows from it, a single trail of grey carried on the wind. To the east is a miles deep canyon. The walls of the canyon reveal ancient dragon bones and layers of earth and stone in a variety of surprising colours. Far across the canyon the earth turns to dry stone and sand. You call that... a desert?

ro8xyw1djj9n.jpeg
    32vpidt855vt.jpeg

cuswlyvilsxc.jpeg

Khali’s Cave was awhile back. A strange tale you’re still coming to understand. You lost each other, but were reunited in the end. You slew a dozen gliding monsters, and in doing so halted their poisonous effect on the cave. The cave is now home to two dragonettes, an extinct species brought back to their natural habitat. Baber seemed shaken by the adventure, but has since returned to their usual laidback self.

———————————————

Your Current Goal
    You’re following a trail you deduced from that villainous sorcerer-monk’s belongings. He sent a mercenary company, the Red Palm, to retrieve something hidden far from the city, no doubt for nefarious purposes! They’ve headed north, and you are mere days—you hope—from tracking them down.

The mercenaries are tough and unscrupulous, but hardly evil. You may yet be able to convince them to stop their efforts, after all, their employer is incarcerated!

What do you do?

———————————————

Environmental Details
    There no truly flat ground out here. Assume you’re on a rocky hill at all times. There’s tall rocks all over; great for cover and as look-out points. Gear especially can make use of them, boosting herself all over the place and swinging around with her grapple crossbow.
    It’s sunny with showers. There’s a breeze blowing to the east.
    It’s early morning. It’s light, but shadows are long. The plateau casts a shadow over the entire forest.

Reminder
    If nothing stands in your way, you do it to the best of your ability.

If it’s a challenge, mental or physical, it’s time to roll dice to determine the outcome.
    Start with 1d6. Then make a dice pool, using your aspects etc.
    6 is a success.
    4-5 is a compromise on what you were trying, or a success with a consequence.
    1-3 is trouble. It won’t always be a fail, maybe you do collateral damage or upset the wrong person by being so smart, you know?

You can give anyone an extra 1d6 by assisting someone in a challenge, but you will share in any trouble their roll brings.

Take a look at the wiki any time, or just ask in the thread

Finally, a new idea I’ve got for talking out of character:
    If you want to talk out of character, why not put your whole sentence in italics. In this way you can put out of character talk anywhere in your post, rather than all at the bottom. Example:

Manini steps towards the door.

I want him to hold off and wait for them to open it.

He draws his blade.

Can I get a situational bonus die for the element of surprise?

One more thing!
    Ask questions! Always ask questions! No need to roll. I’ll just answer honestly, to the extend your character could reasonably perceive. My answers are your eyes and ears.

There’s no catch all investigation roll. I’d rather you tell me how you go about it, and I’ll tell you what you find. If there’s chance involved or something concealed, I’ll tell you to roll.

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    Baber hefts their pack and gazes around at the nearby terrain.

"I wonder why the earth shakes? Is it angry? Or is something causing it? Or is it natural? Hado, do you know anything about it with your connection to nature?"

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Gear's going to grapplevaultflything up to somewhere high and see if she can get eyes on the tremor

"I wonder if whatever's making the tremor is connected to the giant footprints we saw."

• Options
    Gear

You fire your grapple line at a dried up old tree on top of stacked boulders. Blue static arcs from your heels as you boost yourself skyward, giving you the air time to to gaze from an even higher position before you land acrobatically on the stack.

v1rgj9twgrma.jpeg

From this vantage, you’re able to see further eastward. You notice a cloud of mist... no, sand. Its very windy over there. Much further north you spy a truly huge lake. You would almost call it an inland sea! You think something has very recently caused it to ripple. Across the canyon you can just make out a bit of masonry jutting out between trees. It’s overgrown with vines.

• Options

After a moment Luce throws down her pack next to a spent campfire. She rubs her shoulders.

“We on a break, yeah? Anyone need anything looking at?”, she beams.

Manini marches passed you all and looks down over a ridge to a clump of wild cherry bushes.

“You know, you are out of rations. Would anyone like to gather food with me?”, he adds one more idea, and gestures it in his people’s sign language too, “or should we hunt game?”

Ideas
    These will start as you narrating, and become challenges (dice rolling) as obstacles crop up.
    * Search the camp.
    * Gather or hunt for food.
    * Set this camp up to use as your own tonight.
    * Press on up and down the tough, rocky terrain.
    * Hado has a ritual that may answer Baber’s question...

• Options
    (uhh... i'm kinda stumped tbh. let me think on things)