As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

We Bid A Fond Farewell To The "Rush Limbaugh Died" Thread, Not Him

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    just checking in to let y'all know he's still dead

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    the worst part of a hypothetical zombie apocolypse is all the shitty people that would be alive again

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    the worst part of a hypothetical zombie apocolypse is all the shitty people that would be alive again

No, that's the best part because then you can kill them again.

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

SNL should revise the Franco skit for a new generation.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Rush dying reminded me of this video and of how I wish my grandma was half as cool as this woman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUlj48Rvp1c&ab_channel=Reddebrek

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I'm 41, 42 this summer. Never watched family guy. Saw a few episodes of south park when it first came out and I was in school. DS9, Bab5, later in life, Fringe, those are my TV shows.

family guy was the big thing that launched adult swim. I was 18 when it started airing on that and everyone started watching it

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    family guy was the big thing that launched adult swim. I was 18 when it started airing on that and everyone started watching it

What. The best stuff on early adult swim was like... Home movies and aqua teen

Oh and sealab 2021

Tallahasseeriel on
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    The best stuff on Adult Swim was Trigun

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

What. The best stuff on early adult swim was like... Home movies and aqua teen

Oh and sealab 2021

This is all true but when it started airing Family Guy it did get a lot more viewership. Which arguably enabled riskier original programming like Melalocalypse and Venture Bros.

oh

oh no

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Outlaw Star

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Man. Metalocolypse...

webguy20 wrote: »
    Outlaw Star

Wasn't that on regular Toonami since all anime was considered cartoons and cartoons were for kids? Including Tenchi Muyo, Ruroni Kenshin, and of course Outlaw Star.

• Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    8th MS Team

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    [adult swim] showed a lot of animoos. Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell SAC 1&2, Fullmetal Alchemist, Inuyayayayaya, Eureka 7, and Bleach all aired on there. Probably some others I'm forgetting too.

I think those were after Toonami went through its major shift though. Early on it had the full suite of anime, well before Adult Swim, and once it started transitioning to cartoons the anime migrated to Adult Swim.

• TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    H0b0man wrote: »
    Rush dying reminded me of this video and of how I wish my grandma was half as cool as this woman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUlj48Rvp1c&ab_channel=Reddebrek

Agreed so hard. #Toobadtoobad should be a fucking trend, for the fuckstick Rush.

And unfortunately, a future, worst version ,because after all, human beings are the absolute worst, of him is already round the corner (Gen X here.).

• The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    family guy was revived specifically because of the astronomical numbers it was doing on adult swim

7656367.jpg
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    the entire reason i knew about family guy was because of the new life it got on DVD and adult swim

you olds

liEt3nH.png
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular

I’ll feel safer once he is encased in a concrete block and dropped down the Marianas Trench.

At first I thought about firing him into the sun but I’d rather that money go to helping disadvantaged people.

• RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    family guy was revived specifically because of the astronomical numbers it was doing on adult swim

Yeah between that and it's DVD sales (driven by the Adult Swim popularity) it seemed like a no brainier for Fox at the time.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
    toonami started out as an evening block of shows that aired every week from.. 4-6? you have a mix of shows, the big stuff was: sailor moon, DBZ, outlaw star, batman:TAS, johnny quest and the like

then it went off the air for a LONG time, like a decade+. adult swim started and yeah it had good shows like ATHF and harvey birdman, but it wasn't until they got the rights to family guy and american dad that it really took off and you started to get a lot more original programming coming on at midnight after those two aired. Then eventually they brought back toonami as a late night, once a week anime thing. you have your big shows air first, they went through rotations of things like bleach, attack on titan, dragon ball super/kai, black clover, and then it would go into reruns of older stuff like Eureka 7, inyuyashi, cowboy bebop etc.

• expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    Kelor wrote: »

I’ll feel safer once he is encased in a concrete block and dropped down the Marianas Trench.

All this time and it's like you've learned nothing about disposing of the embodiments of perfect evil, supreme evil beings, or eldritch horrors.

Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited February 2021

At first I thought about firing him into the sun but I’d rather that money go to helping disadvantaged people.

Well, the heat flare that comes from his burning up as he approaches the sun might provide needed warmth for those impacted by the bad weather in the midwest.

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    toonami started out as an evening block of shows that aired every week from.. 4-6? you have a mix of shows, the big stuff was: sailor moon, DBZ, outlaw star, batman:TAS, johnny quest and the like

then it went off the air for a LONG time, like a decade+. adult swim started and yeah it had good shows like ATHF and harvey birdman, but it wasn't until they got the rights to family guy and american dad that it really took off and you started to get a lot more original programming coming on at midnight after those two aired. Then eventually they brought back toonami as a late night, once a week anime thing. you have your big shows air first, they went through rotations of things like bleach, attack on titan, dragon ball super/kai, black clover, and then it would go into reruns of older stuff like Eureka 7, inyuyashi, cowboy bebop etc.

Family Guy and Futurama.

Pretty sure American Dad and the other MacFarlane shows didn't show up until after Futurama moved to Comedy Central.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    the entire reason i knew about family guy was because of the new life it got on DVD and adult swim

you olds

it went to adult swim like, immediately after it was canceled! there was no gap there!!

7656367.jpg
  • EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular

God, do you remember when Toonami had the various Tenchi Muyo series, but with digital swimsuits added when necessary?

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Man, weeaboos these days just don't know how good they've got it.

I remember when Toonami would always end DBZ on that cliff-hanger with the Ginyu-force because they didn't have the rights to the rest of the episodes or whatever and it was just awful.

I would buy bootleg VHS recordings of DBZ from Japan at some flea-market. They were untranslated with NO subtitles and I had no idea what anyone was saying but at least I could watch the fights.

Kids nowadays with their same-day-translated streaming anime services will never know the pain.

RT800 on
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    I regret to inform you that those edgy younger white men who were into Family Guy in the early 2000s are now middle aged.

Yeah, the coworkers are 30s to 50s and still love to watch the show at lunch and laugh whenever one of them gets a text message as they use the Peter laugh as a ringtone and one time saw a colleague had a drawing of Peter at his desk and they talked about it for two goddamn minutes

You haven't lived until you've been made to watch a 7 minute clip of Seth MacFarlane explaining the genesis of the character voices before an hour-long meeting

Unrelatedly, still looking for a new job

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    RT800 wrote: »

I remember when Toonami would always end DBZ on that cliff-hanger with the Ginyu-force because they didn't have the rights to the rest of the episodes or whatever and it was just awful.

We had access to some Public Access show back in...2001 or something, that was airing pirated Korean broadcasts of Japanese DBZ at the same time Toonami was airing the beginning of the dubbed Buu saga. So we would watch an episode where Trunks and Goten were pretending to be an adult in the tournament of power and then an hour later watch an episode where Kid Buu was beating the fucking tar out of Vegeta, but with only Korean subtitles. It was a trip.

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular

God, do you remember when Toonami had the various Tenchi Muyo series, but with digital swimsuits added when necessary?

Can’t believe they got away with airing Tenchi Mayo on prime time and I got away with watching it. Also where I got my appreciation for Zoids, and post-Frieza DBZ. Adult Swim was a Saturday night indulgence where I could catch Kenshin and Bebop while playing Jedi Knight or emulators and outlasting my dad for staying up late.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    expendable wrote: »

All this time and it's like you've learned nothing about disposing of the embodiments of perfect evil, supreme evil beings, or eldritch horrors.

They’ll recognise him as nascent competition and deal with him early.

RT800 wrote: »

I would buy bootleg VHS recordings of DBZ from Japan at some flea-market. They were untranslated with NO subtitles and I had no idea what anyone was saying but at least I could watch the fights.

Kids nowadays with their same-day-translated streaming anime services will never know the pain.

I had to record those episodes since I was at swim practice when it aired and I always thought I had like.. missed the new episodes and I just had to watch the show all over again and then they would get to that point and the show would continue on

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    God, I can't think of Family Guy without thinking of how many middle aged white dudes I have met who are absolutely delighted by that show

I've had coworkers who get excited just seeing a sticker of Peter Griffin, it is exhausting

I would have pegged 'edgy' younger white men as the primary audience. I did used to like family guy in like... 1999. I haven't watched it in forever

What? Family Guy wasn't around in 1999. It's not that old.

Now let me just do an unrelated visit to wikipedia.

Oh god... theLastCrusade.gif

This forum is going to be a real hoot in 2040.

• autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    God, I can't think of Family Guy without thinking of how many middle aged white dudes I have met who are absolutely delighted by that show

I've had coworkers who get excited just seeing a sticker of Peter Griffin, it is exhausting

I would have pegged 'edgy' younger white men as the primary audience. I did used to like family guy in like... 1999. I haven't watched it in forever

What? Family Guy wasn't around in 1999. It's not that old.

Now let me just do an unrelated visit to wikipedia.

Oh god... theLastCrusade.gif

This forum is going to be a real hoot in 2040.

Bold to assume humanity is gonna make it that far

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Well let's not rush it, humanity just got a bit better on average.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I was gonna post in here earlier, but I figured hey, no Rush.

YL9WnCY.png
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular

tumblr_n4543jQlTd1s5e5bko1_400.gifv

steam_sig.png
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Yew tink dat's bad

This discussion has been closed.