As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Outriders] Ride and die (a lot).

• Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    I know it isn't the best, but I get a lot of joy out of stacking Status Powet on my Pyro and running FASER Beam and just burn burn burn.
    I imagine an actual tuned character for high anomaly, high status could do work. I pair with another Pyro and we light the world on fire while our Techno friend heals and it makes the game feel real nice.
    Wish the Legendary armor sets had a Faser set.

Acari faser is really good. It's kind of the same as every other acari set, bad probably not as fast, but if you like faser it ends up very satisfying.

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    Managed to beat the game with my turretmancer. Ended at T14 and a half too, which is nice. Now I just need to find a rifle with mark of the stake and I'll be cookin.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Etiowsa wrote: »
    Managed to beat the game with my turretmancer. Ended at T14 and a half too, which is nice. Now I just need to find a rifle with mark of the stake and I'll be cookin.

Ive been rocking the same armor set for a bit but all the drops Im getting now have mods for boulderdash and that stupidty singularity move and its annoying as hell.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Yeah it's really hard to find gear with the right stats AND the right mods. I mean, I get it, it's a looty shooty, but still.

• Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    Hit T15. T14.7 is when a legendary finally dropped.

Christ.

• Options
    Yeah it's really hard to find gear with the right stats AND the right mods. I mean, I get it, it's a looty shooty, but still.

If you could at least influence mod spawns based on your equipped skills that would at least be useful

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    so... is the "defense doesn't work" thing people talking about because they fixed the emergency stance bug and now they're getting wrecked... or is it an actual bug? I'm confused.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    so... is the "defense doesn't work" thing people talking about because they fixed the emergency stance bug and now they're getting wrecked... or is it an actual bug? I'm confused.

I and others have intermitent issues with it going back at least 2 weeks. I haven't been using emergency stance at all in that time. Game seems to occasionally not load all stats correctly or something, relogging seems to fix it. Dunno how common it actually is. I've had days where it doesn't happen at all and days where it happens every few expeditions. Not sure if it's more or less common after the patch as I've done like 2 expeditions since. Produces some bonkers stats when it happens, like only 7% of damage being blocked.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    edited May 2021

It is an actual bug. Folks that never even used ES are reporting the same.
    This lays it out pretty well: https://www.reddit.com/r/outriders/comments/n2ddon/most_procbased_defensive_mods_are_currently_broken/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Annecdata from me: my trickster with 100k armor gets hit for like 80% life by alphas now. Makes it quite interesting to stay alive.

cncaudata on
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Oh so that's why I was suddenly getting BTFO'd the other day in content I could run before the last two weeks of patching.

Well nuts

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Jesus fuck. I did a WT10 and the pillar section never fucking ended. I definitely need to get that armor set. I can survive but Im not dealing enough damage

• Options
    Jeez, single shot rifles with grand opening are hilarious. Explosions all the time.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Well, it's not called Grand Opening because it's a scalpel.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Jeez, single shot rifles with grand opening are hilarious. Explosions all the time.

Get Grand Opening *and* Scrap Grenade, that's the real fun.

• Options
    Ok one more hunt run and I should have 3 seismic peices.

Also I got a weird legendary hat? Its um lucky something? It doesnt seem incredibly useful

• Options
    cncaudata wrote: »

Get Grand Opening *and* Scrap Grenade, that's the real fun.
    Look, all I'm sayin' is...

EjwsEjq.png

sig.gif
  • Options
    Welp, my grand opening rifle carried my char to CR15 for the first time. I can't get gold consistently, grouped or solo, but considering how much damage I'm lacking due to missing mods, I'm not really gonna complain. Now I just gotta decide if I wanna grind this guy into a god or futz around with something else.

• Options
    Welp, my grand opening rifle carried my char to CR15 for the first time. I can't get gold consistently, grouped or solo, but considering how much damage I'm lacking due to missing mods, I'm not really gonna complain. Now I just gotta decide if I wanna grind this guy into a god or futz around with something else.

I can't decide if the weapon mods in the game are a brilliant design achievement or totally broken. I am leaning toward brilliance, as this is what players always always ask for: game-changing powerful gear that changes the way you play. Most developers are just too damn scared to do it, which is why we always end up with +5% damage stuff. It can feel a bit silly when one damage mod does more damage than all your skills and gun damage, but... it's pretty damn fun.

• Options
    PCF just nerfs damage mitigation instead, turning everyone into glass cannons.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Sorce wrote: »
    PCF just nerfs damage mitigation instead, turning everyone into glass cannons.

The balance guys are really bad yeah

• Options
    An end-user solution may have been found.

Have you tried taking it off, and putting it on again?

sig.gif
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    An end-user solution may have been found.

Have you tried taking it off, and putting it on again?

Next patch:

“Fixed a glitch where unequipping your armor and reequipping it would increase your damage mitigation”

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Item restorations have started, they did a small group yesterday and should be hitting most everyone else in two waves today.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    I got items restored. Kind of.

The gear they gave me only vaguely resembled the gear I lost. Firepower focused instead of anomaly focused. It had the +100% melee mod, but not the -50% melee cooldown mod, nor the Perseverance Fist mod (which unfortunately was not in my collection, so I can't recraft it until I find gear with the mod again). Was missing several mods like the free golem proc and the base earthquake damage increase, arranged in such a way on the replacement gear that the pieces I have cannot be reforged to be what I need, even if I could magically turn the firepower into anomaly power.

Oh yeah, and the upgrades are all at 2/6.

I suppose I should be thankful that my guns look right. JFC. At least this is all level 44 stuff so I can throw it in the fucking garbage pretty quick.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Apparently theres a chance if you sold legendaries you'll get them restored as god rolls

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Yeah I got a godroll deathshield which was nice. A few armour pieces too but nothing exciting as I've not dropped most of the important ones.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Apparently theres a chance if you sold legendaries you'll get them restored as god rolls

It's a bit weird and more broad than that. I got a couple that I've never sold.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    evilbob wrote: »

It's a bit weird and more broad than that. I got a couple that I've never sold.

Im hoping I get some. Havent logged in today.

• Options
    I got a sniper rifle I broke down a few levels ago as a god roll at my current level.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Hey I did get a few. An Aire master the body snatcher, a gun with ultimate weakening bullets and death chains( forgot the name), and Bolt and Thunder which I had equipped but I'll take a god roll version

Also 2 Canonball feet . . .

• Options
    I got a billion godroll trash guns, and one inferno seed I'm excited to use when I get my techno to 50. No deathahield though, which s quite sad because my roll is terrible.

They really need a way to reroll firepower or something. Make it 250k expedition nuggets or something so we have a use for those.

• Options
    Its weird the base money is the hardest thing to get in endgame.

• Options
    It's really not. Just vendor some blues every now and then and you can cap out pretty quickly. You can also sell drop pod resources for scrap at Tiago.

• Options
    Yeah, you can get 1M scrap from like 14k drop pod resources. I only found this out like a week ago...

• Options
    Run a couple of Expeditions on a lower CT, and sell everything you get.

sig.gif
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    If anyone is still playing this; the make good for the rough launch happened today. You are guaranteed one "god rolled" legendary weapon.

I got a fucking sniper rifle. That more than anything this game has dished out since launch is making me think about uninstalling it.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    Penumbra wrote: »
    If anyone is still playing this; the make good for the rough launch happened today. You are guaranteed one "god rolled" legendary weapon.

I got a fucking sniper rifle. That more than anything this game has dished out since launch is making me think about uninstalling it.

I should go look. If I get that rifle again though heads are rolling

• Options
    What's funny about that is that the vast majority of legendaries are only good for dismantling. I don't think I've ever found one that I seriously considered using.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I got an Amber Vault which... I already had one. But it doesn't work with my rounds build at all. Been using nothing but suppression LMGs.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    What's funny about that is that the vast majority of legendaries are only good for dismantling. I don't think I've ever found one that I seriously considered using.
    I got Tanner's Hat as a turn in for the Hunts once, that's been pretty nice.

I got a Lucky Jinx as my item; which ain't bad. Double Guns (to me) are still more useful than SRs or pistols.

sig.gif