As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Legends of Runeterra] Definitely not Neeko! Nope!

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    so a totally accurate representation of her league of legends character then B)

Yeah, this is what I keep hearing. That she doesn't match the idea you'd get of her from the lore but she does match the way she actually plays in LoL.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    There's a long stretch of character design in LoL where they really didn't give a shit about making lore and gameplay mesh up in any way. Teemo's a Rambo-style PTSD psycopath!

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    There's a long stretch of character design in LoL where they really didn't give a shit about making lore and gameplay mesh up in any way. Teemo's a Rambo-style PTSD psycopath!

This is the best way to play Teemo, no?

Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    The thing I don't get about Teemo is when you level him there's a ghost sperm animation for some reason.

Cmon now kids play this.

Thawmus on
    Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    The thing I don't get about Teemo is when you level him there's a ghost sperm animation for some reason.

Cmon now kids play this.

It's just a top view of teemo running in a circle while he is stealthed.

• Options
    Enigmedic wrote: »

Cmon now kids play this.

It's just a top view of teemo running in a circle while he is stealthed.

Oh I know what it is.

It doesn't matter.

It's a ghost sperm.

• Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Leblanc annoys me because her mechanics have nothing to do with her actual lore.

Her lore: sneaky deceiver who could be anyone

Her card: a big chonky R/G jerkass like every other Noxian, except she can also clone other big chonky R/G units

(Note: I have a pathological hatred of G decks in M:tG, and ESPECIALLY fucking R/G decks. H A T E. ) (Fuck you, fuck your Trample, fuck your burn, fuck your removal, fuck your chonky-ass bastards with Regeneration or whatever, and especially FUCK YOU.)

I mean it matches her League play in broad strokes. LeBlanc is an assassin who can wreck face if she's able to choose the terms of the fight (i.e., she attacks!). If you catch her on unfavorable territory, she folds, hence the 2 hp! I also don't think anything that hewed closer to her league kit would even be fun. Maybe she summons a duplicate version of her when attacking and doesn't actually deal damage, but the opponent doesn't know which is which? Something like that would be flavorful for her but the coinflip nature of it would probably be unfun for everyone.

Also I didn't know anyone hated red green I don't think I've ever seen that kind of hatred for big dumb Gruul.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    So I been trying to push every champ through Lab of Legends Heroic. Had a few successes and several annoying loses. It doesn't honestly seem that much worse then Hard except for a very small set of levels.

Specifically, and really irritatingly, the fucking Hexcore level is a complete crapshoot now. They start off with Von Yipp on board and combined with the lowered mana cost of their cards this frequently lets them just absolutely curb-stomp you almost instantly. At least 1/3rd of the time my runs have been ended instantly because the AI will drop a 5 wide board of Von Yipp + 4 (4/4)or(3/3) on the very first turn and just open swing at you on mana 2 and like half your health in damage right away unless you've drawn really lucky.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I just had a disgusting Lab run.

I got LeBlanc, then buffed her with +1/+1, -1 cost, and two of the Summon an Ephemeral copy upgrades. Combine all that with my starting passive where 5+ attack units strike on Summon meant that shed level up on her first attack. If she died, I could resummon her as a 7/4 that added her spell immediately in hand.

Probably the easiest Lab run I ever had.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    I actually haven't been as interested in the newer harder lab stuff as I thought I would be. If they had new powers, new champs, new bosses, I think that would do it for me. I played Azir and Taliyah until I got the icons.

Do you even get anything for the harder difficulties? Flashier icons?

• Options
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    I actually haven't been as interested in the newer harder lab stuff as I thought I would be. If they had new powers, new champs, new bosses, I think that would do it for me. I played Azir and Taliyah until I got the icons.

Do you even get anything for the harder difficulties? Flashier icons?

Nope, just a tougher challenge.

• Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I just had a disgusting Lab run.

I got LeBlanc, then buffed her with +1/+1, -1 cost, and two of the Summon an Ephemeral copy upgrades. Combine all that with my starting passive where 5+ attack units strike on Summon meant that shed level up on her first attack. If she died, I could resummon her as a 7/4 that added her spell immediately in hand.

Probably the easiest Lab run I ever had.

The fun thing with that combo is the "strike on summon" thing counts towards her "do damage" tracker. And once you get enough damage (pretty easy with that setup), you get her spell which lets you summon a copy of her and then that copy summon it's own copies and you can easily get a chain of LeBlancs striking on summon over and over again and generating multiple copies of the spell per turn. It's hilarious.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I qualified via Last Chance Gauntlet again but I don't think I'll actually sign up. 9 rounds is definitely an improvement for filtering the best players but I can't commit to a 12 hour block of gaming.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    Also, as a followup to the visual effects update they did:

the "shuffle a card into a deck" visual effect is like 3x longer then it needs to be and it's really annoying.

• Options
    I got to thinking as I was playing this week.

Y'know what might be my favorite thing about this game?

They took the time to put in several VA lines for each card instead of one for each card. Along with several interactive VA lines. So when I play the same card multiple times there's at least a chance that the game doesn't annoy me by repeating the same line over and over again.

Such a small thing that I didn't realize was such a big thing for me until I thought about it.

• Options
    I got to thinking as I was playing this week.

Y'know what might be my favorite thing about this game?

They took the time to put in several VA lines for each card instead of one for each card. Along with several interactive VA lines. So when I play the same card multiple times there's at least a chance that the game doesn't annoy me by repeating the same line over and over again.

Such a small thing that I didn't realize was such a big thing for me until I thought about it.

It's a small thing that breaths a lot of life and personality into the cards. Makes everything feel...real? Like, single lines are fine, but boy can they get dry fast, especially when repeated from resummoning effects (see: "Our homes, our tombs", "Hey loser! Wasn't me!", or "My Jaws that bite, my claws that catch!"). I'm always surprised when I hear new lines of interaction that I didn't know existed. Like Braum getting summoned while Lissandra is on the board:

"Is it the mustache? Who knows."
    "It is not."

:D

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    not gonna lie though, "My jaws that bite, my claws that catch!" was fucking hilarious when you heard it 7 times in a row.

• Options
    not gonna lie though, "My jaws that bite, my claws that catch!" was fucking hilarious when you heard it 7 times in a row.

That depends on which side of the 7 times you were on. :)

And apparently I didn't beat the Lab yet, so here's my final LeBranc and powers:

f9jgzp1r6cgb.png
    ht8nux8aud8f.png

As mentioned earlier, easiest Lab run yet.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    God I hate the Tortured Prodigy's VO lines. He's both annoying and I see him a lot in the Lab. Like nails on chalkboard. Him and the two 1 costs with "on death" effects are all just... whiny idiots and I'm like "jesus shut up." I do wish we could mute individual cards...

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I got the Gauntlet win my first try, fuck I'm so good at videogames

• Options
    Speaking of VA lines, the Oblivious Islander has got to be my favorite.

• Options
    narwhalnarwhal monodon monoceros Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Hello all! Majin (the seasonal champ) and his buddy Jason Fleurant are hosting their own tourney to help promote their patreon and give people prep for seasonals. I should have mentioned this before now... but the top 16 is going on now! Please stop by and say hello :)

Edit: they're also doing 6 more giveaways during the stream for 500 in game coins

narwhal on
    Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    narwhalnarwhal monodon monoceros Registered User regular
    sorry guys I accidentally posted my moderator link :( hopefully y'all figured it out if you wanted to stop by

Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Currently streaming myself at
    ;

waiting for my friend to get back to voice which champeen he wants me to run for a Lab (so it may be a bit)

If you hop into chat before he gets back you can decide WHICH CHAMPEEN I WILL LAB RUN TODAY (that I haven't at least won once with)

Lucid_Seraph on
    See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    Hey, Gauntlet questions for @Yilias and/or @narwhal:

I usually just ignore this mode, but had the Prismatic quest so I thought I'd do it for fun. Lost my first set and just finished my second.

In the second set, I played a Anivia mirror and won, but the game went around 25-30 minutes as those matches tend to do. I lost the next match and we went on to the third. Now, I was being conscious of the timer and making my plays snappy. I was playing Taric/J4 vs his Braum/Vlad deck.

Around turn 6-7, the timer ran out, turned red and started a 5-minute countdown. We kept going and I finally got the upper hand. I got my Taric leveled and attacked into his one minion board, summoning a leveled J4. My opponent goes down to 3 hp and plays out his last card, the 0/3 girl. I Golden Aegis my Taric and swing all in.

Now, this is leathal damage. The enemy has no cards, and a single 0/3 to block 3 units with 4+ attack. The game is over on-board. The timer is sub-1:00 and my opponent isn't reacting. I wait and wait....their turn timer comes up and runs out. The timer in the upper left is still ticking down.

Suddenly, my Nexus swirls and explodes and the end screen says I lose?! Like, wtf happened? To be fair, I was never gonna finish the Gauntlet, so whatever, but I would like to know I actually won my match. :)

My only guess is that the timer is only an estimate and actually ran out on us causing a double defeat. Thoughts?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Did he have more time on his personal clock than you? When you run through both the initial big clock and the 5 minute overtime, whoever has the most time on their individual clock is awarded the game.

The FAQ talks about the clock system as such:
    Riot wrote:
    Round durations will be tightly controlled by a persistent 60-minute round timer shared by both players. The round timer starts counting down once the Ban phase starts, and new games can only start while Round Time is active, otherwise the current game results are used to declare a victor.

Each player, in each game, will have an individual game time of 7 minutes, 30 seconds. Overtime kicks in for either an individual player who has used all their Game Time, or both players for 5 minutes after the round timer has expired. Players will only have 20 seconds for their turn during Overtime, and will no longer be able to bank additional time.

A tournament-wide “hard stop” will terminate any ongoing games 5 minutes after the round timer for a given round has expired. In the case of an unfinished game, victory will be awarded to the player with the most game time remaining.

They cut that 60 minutes down to 45 to accommodate the extra 4 Swiss rounds for this seasonal, which is some unfortunate timing for you.

• Options
    Yilias wrote: »
    Did he have more time on his personal clock than you? When you run through both the initial big clock and the 5 minute overtime, whoever has the most time on their individual clock is awarded the game.

The FAQ talks about the clock system as such:
    Riot wrote:
    Round durations will be tightly controlled by a persistent 60-minute round timer shared by both players. The round timer starts counting down once the Ban phase starts, and new games can only start while Round Time is active, otherwise the current game results are used to declare a victor.

Each player, in each game, will have an individual game time of 7 minutes, 30 seconds. Overtime kicks in for either an individual player who has used all their Game Time, or both players for 5 minutes after the round timer has expired. Players will only have 20 seconds for their turn during Overtime, and will no longer be able to bank additional time.

A tournament-wide “hard stop” will terminate any ongoing games 5 minutes after the round timer for a given round has expired. In the case of an unfinished game, victory will be awarded to the player with the most game time remaining.

They cut that 60 minutes down to 45 to accommodate the extra 4 Swiss rounds for this seasonal, which is some unfortunate timing for you.

It's strange because there was still time on the clock. Granted not much, but it was still there. And I was just waiting for him to take his action, so my timer should have been frozen.

Again, it's not a big deal as I don't play Gauntlet, but I know in my heart that I won that match.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    I've been playing the Ezreal/Draven deck after a pretty bad run with Ashe/LeBlanc and it's been pretty fun. Just that feeling of slowly constricting around your aggro opponent as they die to all this removal and then your Ezreal just pings them to death along the way.

• Options
    Had an absolutely epic Heccarim/Azir/Nasus deck running in the lab. Just absolutely crushing every level. Ending every level at 30 HP.

Get to the final level and can't draw a single Champ. Lose.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

• Options
    Worlds Info! https://playruneterra.com/en-us/news/competitive/legends-of-runeterra-world-championship/

64 players per region; 22 from laddering, 20 from Seasonals semifinals, and 22 others from Seasonals placing. $200k prize pool to top 16.

• Options
    Had an absolutely epic Heccarim/Azir/Nasus deck running in the lab. Just absolutely crushing every level. Ending every level at 30 HP.

Get to the final level and can't draw a single Champ. Lose.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

And then I turn around with another Hecarim/Nasus deck and take the lab.

Now all I got left is Azir and Taliyah. Looking forward to Azir, not so much Taliyah.

• Options
    Azir done. This was some fucking buuuuullshiiiiit.
    f4qbli7hcib9.jpg

I'll post a screen later of an example, but I won by round 3 every match. Sejuani, the double draw level, Guard Bots, Viktor, all won on round 3. I just had 2-3 5/3's with Tough on the board, a 4/3 challenger summoned every round, and every sand soldier was a 3/3.

I kinda feel bad about it but fuck it now I just got Taliyah left and I've done them all!

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Taliyah is 100% about what other champ you pick to carry her. Her deck is so bad you can actually lose to the spiders on a bad draw.

• Options
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    Taliyah is 100% about what other champ you pick to carry her. Her deck is so bad you can actually lose to the spiders on a bad draw.

I've lost to the spiders with quite a few decks, actually. Often it's because the wall of spiders has prevented me from getting the kill before I run out of cards.

One of my Azir runs had me ending the spider level with 5 HP and I just fucking retired the run at that point.

Hell, I found Hecarim to be the best at dealing with the spiders and I even lost a match running him up against spiders.

• Options
    I don't think I've ever died to the spiders but, as I mentioned like last page, a ton of decks will have difficulty dealing with the spiders. Especially on higher difficulty levels. The problem is usually not dying to the spiders so much as taking an obscene amount of damage which means you don't have enough HP to survive till you kill Thresh.

• Options
    lqugro2n6fdo.jpg
    Yeeeaaaah boooooiiiiii!

Zed get! I mean! Uh! Taliyah! Because she was in this deck! And I certainly wasn't trucking a cost 1 8/7 Zed on round 1 while a 4/3 Saproling challenged the only blocker for the first round of each match.

No, certainly not. It was Taliyah. With some landmarks and shit I'll bet.

And with that I've done them all!

• Options
    Vault 13+5 opening today:

aqctll9c0gpc.jpg

Shard/wildcard totals:

pcirmvv23ee1.jpg

I think it's time I just went ahead and crafted a deck. I'm at 50% for foundation, 25% for the first two expansions and 38% for Empires.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    VAULT DAY!

Level 13+2 this week. Let's see how my bucket of cards Shards turned out this week....

kbnurgekxbxu.png

I see the Champion WC bug is still active. Anyway, 2 new Rares and the rest were Wild Cards. 2 Epics in a chest which turned to Shards. All in all, not bad.

nrm4vvke0pco.png

71% of Empires collected and 100% for everything else. Considering my resources, I should just craft everything I'm missing. I mean, it's comical at this point:

ru716roabmo8.png

Eh, screw it. All cards acquired!

s7yx1tvndhqc.png

And the reserves were barely dented:

bqhg0npdz2d5.png

Bring on the expansion!

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    And yeah @Thawmus, you should start crafting away at the decks you want to play. Hoarding resources is fun, but you'll get far more enjoyment out of the game by playing the stuff you want. Shaking that HS/MtG mentality is tough, but I know you can do it. So spend those WC and Shards, they'll always be more piled on you next week.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    And yeah Thawmus, you should start crafting away at the decks you want to play. Hoarding resources is fun, but you'll get far more enjoyment out of the game by playing the stuff you want. Shaking that HS/MtG mentality is tough, but I know you can do it. So spend those WC and Shards, they'll always be more piled on you next week.

Yeah, crafted a Pirate Aggro deck from the meta tier list on mobalytics. So I have a Teemo Burn Aggro deck and a Pirate Aggro Deck for meta decks, and then I crafted an Ashe/Katarina/LeBlanc Marauder deck that looked fun off the Top Players list.

I didn't spend a single shard to do that and I still have many wildcards so I'm gonna look at the token decks that are still in the meta and pick one. Love me some tokens.

EDIT: Oh shit there's a Lucian Azir deck fuck yeeeessssss

Thawmus on