As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Second Annual [Quarantimes] Thread

1656668707183

Posts

  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I just had a nap dream, I was first officer on a Federation ship and some klingons showed up and were all "one of your passengers stole a gemstone from us" so I go and search his room, and I find a gemstone and bring it to the bridge and the klingon is like "that's not it."

    so I search his room again and find like, 6 more gemstones. I get back to the bridge and there's like, twenty ships from various races surrounding us, and all of them want a gemstone this passenger stole from them.

    I took the passenger back to his room and had to threaten him with a phaser so he'd show me where the rest of the gemstones were, and then we had the captain of every ship come to our ship and sort through the gemstones to find their specific one.

    WeaverProlegomenaZonugalRanlinMayabirdElvenshaeMechMantisSporkAndrewsarukunani_game_bumMarek
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    I just had a nap dream, I was first officer on a Federation ship and some klingons showed up and were all "one of your passengers stole a gemstone from us" so I go and search his room, and I find a gemstone and bring it to the bridge and the klingon is like "that's not it."

    so I search his room again and find like, 6 more gemstones. I get back to the bridge and there's like, twenty ships from various races surrounding us, and all of them want a gemstone this passenger stole from them.

    I took the passenger back to his room and had to threaten him with a phaser so he'd show me where the rest of the gemstones were, and then we had the captain of every ship come to our ship and sort through the gemstones to find their specific one.

    If you told me that was the plot of an actual TNG episode I would believe without a doubt.

    DepressperadoBrovid HasselsmofZonugalMunkus BeaverMayabird#pipeElvenshaeFishmanMechMantisSolarSporkAndrewsarukunani_game_bumMarekShadowhopeDisruptedCapitalistDoctorArch
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I've binge watched up to season 9 of the x-files so far over the last few weeks so I've been having x-files dreams.

    ElTL7ou.jpg
    Depressperado
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    aw geez, have you had a fluke-man dream?

  • ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    I wish I had dreams with coherent plots.

    Like, yesterday I spent about an hour repeatedly waking up with a sense of dread vaguely relating to some kind of tethered balloon somewhere on the property that I needed to cut free with a pair of bud snips I've just purchased for the garden, before eventually getting to sleep properly.

    Brovid HasselsmofDepressperado
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    aw geez, have you had a fluke-man dream?

    No it's been more melancholy, like their lives after the TV run but not considering the newer series.

    ElTL7ou.jpg
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    I just had a nap dream, I was first officer on a Federation ship and some klingons showed up and were all "one of your passengers stole a gemstone from us" so I go and search his room, and I find a gemstone and bring it to the bridge and the klingon is like "that's not it."

    so I search his room again and find like, 6 more gemstones. I get back to the bridge and there's like, twenty ships from various races surrounding us, and all of them want a gemstone this passenger stole from them.

    I took the passenger back to his room and had to threaten him with a phaser so he'd show me where the rest of the gemstones were, and then we had the captain of every ship come to our ship and sort through the gemstones to find their specific one.

    If you told me that was the plot of an actual TNG episode I would believe without a doubt.

    It sounds pretty close to one actually.
    S2-E4: The Outrageous Okona

    As the Federation starship Enterprise, under the command of Captain Jean-Luc Picard, passes through the Coalition of Madena, it detects a small cargo ship, under manual control by its single occupant. The crew makes contact with the pilot, Captain Thadiun Okona, who requests help to repair a part on his ship. Captain Picard agrees, and the Enterprise tows Okona's ship while Okona is brought on board.

    Continuing through the sector, the Enterprise is set upon by ships from two different planets, each of which locks its weapons upon the Enterprise, though both are vastly outclassed, and pose no actual threat. Debin, from the planet Atlec, accuses Okona of impregnating his daughter Yanar, while Kushell from the planet Straleb asserts that Okona has stolen a state treasure, the Jewel of Thesia.

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    Depressperadosarukun
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 17
    Idk, coherence is overrated. I dreamt I was hanging out in London with a minor (very elderly) member of the royal family, he was getting me into all sorts of spots that were closed to the public by using his royal access privileges. In order to prove his credentials, he would walk up to a door with a peephole at about waist height, turn around, hoist his robe (he was wearing a robe) and present his nearly bare arse to the door (he was also, thankfully, wearing a tasteful crimson g-string). A Royal Buttock Recognizer was stationed behind the door with an encyclopedic knowledge of all the royal bums, and they would then let us in.

    Pretty coherent, but still totally fucking stupid.

    tynic on
    JedocmrpakuFlarneBahamutZEROAshaman42XaquinKetarchromdomSkeithLabelElvenshaeFishmanVeldrinProlegomenaSolarSporkAndrewsarukunpookaDisruptedCapitalist
  • MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    Went to the dentist for the first time in over two years.

    Somehow, no cavities. Pretty pleased with that.

    Depressperadowebguy20XaquinBahamutZEROdjmitchella
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    honovere wrote: »
    I just had a nap dream, I was first officer on a Federation ship and some klingons showed up and were all "one of your passengers stole a gemstone from us" so I go and search his room, and I find a gemstone and bring it to the bridge and the klingon is like "that's not it."

    so I search his room again and find like, 6 more gemstones. I get back to the bridge and there's like, twenty ships from various races surrounding us, and all of them want a gemstone this passenger stole from them.

    I took the passenger back to his room and had to threaten him with a phaser so he'd show me where the rest of the gemstones were, and then we had the captain of every ship come to our ship and sort through the gemstones to find their specific one.

    If you told me that was the plot of an actual TNG episode I would believe without a doubt.

    It sounds pretty close to one actually.
    S2-E4: The Outrageous Okona

    As the Federation starship Enterprise, under the command of Captain Jean-Luc Picard, passes through the Coalition of Madena, it detects a small cargo ship, under manual control by its single occupant. The crew makes contact with the pilot, Captain Thadiun Okona, who requests help to repair a part on his ship. Captain Picard agrees, and the Enterprise tows Okona's ship while Okona is brought on board.

    Continuing through the sector, the Enterprise is set upon by ships from two different planets, each of which locks its weapons upon the Enterprise, though both are vastly outclassed, and pose no actual threat. Debin, from the planet Atlec, accuses Okona of impregnating his daughter Yanar, while Kushell from the planet Straleb asserts that Okona has stolen a state treasure, the Jewel of Thesia.

    Lasers? Lasers can't even penetrate our navigational shields

    Al_watsarukun
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Idk, coherence is overrated. I dreamt I was hanging out in London with a minor (very elderly) member of the royal family, he was getting me into all sorts of spots that were closed to the public by using his royal access privileges. In order to prove his credentials, he would walk up to a door with a peephole at about waist height, turn around, hoist his robe (he was wearing a robe) and present his nearly bare arse to the door (he was also, thankfully, wearing a tasteful crimson g-string). A Royal Buttock Recognizer was stationed behind the door with an encyclopedic knowledge of all the royal bums, and they would then let us in.

    Pretty coherent, but still totally fucking stupid.

    Have you ever watched The Leftovers? There's a particular moment in one of the more surreal episodes that this really reminds me of.

    nsfw but not at all graphic video link inside:

    tynicDisruptedCapitalist
  • pookapooka Registered User regular
    if i may, for a gamefied motivator, get a Route 66 passport, and earn yourself a coin.
    https://www.travelok.com/brochures


    bah.. getting nostalgic looking at my various old stomping grounds

    lfchwLd.jpg
    Jedoc
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited June 18
    lw3qetglxd4i.jpg

    Two shot boy, I'm a two shot boy
    Got those antigens and killer T's ready to destroy
    Take that mask off girl, I'm finna redeploy
    Come on and don't be coy
    Cause I'm a two shot boy

    #pipe on
    3cl1ps3CelloBahamutZEROLabelVeldrinSporkAndrewDouglasDangerPsykomaani_game_bumUnbrokenEvaSnicketysnickpookaIronKnuckle's GhostchromdomJedocXaquinDisruptedCapitalist
  • TefTef Registered User regular
    I thought that was a franger

    help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

    bit.ly/2XQM1ke
    Veldrin
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    *translator's note: "Franger" means condom.

  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Why?

    ElvenshaeKwoaruUnbrokenEva
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Also, is it pronounced like hanger or danger?

  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    like hanger, but without the hard r at the end

    tynic
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    hane-jer
    dang! er

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    high voltage

    when we touch

    when we kiss

    StempySolarCrippl3sarukunZonugalBrovid HasselsmofNarbusUnbrokenEvapookaMunkus BeaverDepressperadoTefTynnan
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited June 18
    I had a dream I was in a fight and got stabbed last night. I won the fight, and didn't have any injuries at the end.

    I have that dream a lot. And I also get shot a lot in my dreams. I dunno.

    Solar on
    Depressperado
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Sounds like someone keeps trying to Inception-assassinate you.

    JedocXaquin
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Maybe

    But why try to kill me of all people

  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Maybe

    But why try to kill me of all people

    clearly they're also time travelers

    it's not what you've done, it's what you're going to do some day

    oooh, what if they're attacking you in your dreams because that's the only way to travel back in time, because the rules are different there *starts taking notes*

    Brovid HasselsmofElvenshaewebguy20MulysaSempronius3cl1ps3sarukun
  • FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    edited June 18
    I had a dream that I was in a car with three other forumers, smof and two other non-specific characters

    we were all talking as if we were posting, just taking turns holding semi-related monologues

    I don’t know where we were going

    Flarne on
    Brovid Hasselsmoftynicwebguy20pookaJedocVeldrinElvenshae3cl1ps3FishmanSkeithTefsarukunDisruptedCapitalist
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Swede dreams are made of this

    Flarnetynicwebguy20SporkAndrewVeldrin3cl1ps3Fishman
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    I had a dream I was in a fight and got stabbed last night. I won the fight, and didn't have any injuries at the end.

    I have that dream a lot. And I also get shot a lot in my dreams. I dunno.

    I have dreams where I get shot or stabbed, and it's more of an inconvenience than anything

    "oh man, this is a new- there's blood everywhere, come onnnnn"

  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Flarne wrote: »
    I had a dream that I was in a car with three other forumers, smof and two other non-specific characters

    we were all talking as if we were posting, just taking turns holding semi-related monologues

    I don’t know where we were going

    I am honoured to have been the specific one

    FlarneDepressperadoElvenshaeTef
  • FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    Platy wrote: »
    Swede dreams are made of this

    Who am I to disagree

    ani_game_bumElvenshae
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    In gun-related dreams, I always end up in in-dream fights with my subconscious, like it's a shitty referee at a sporting match

    "Oh come on, I missed that super mutant zombie? From five feet away? With a forty caliber? Fuck you."

    "Really? I wasn't able to disarm a sixty year old woman before getting gutshot? O-K, sure, that makes sense"

    DepressperadoElvenshae
  • FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    Flarne wrote: »
    I had a dream that I was in a car with three other forumers, smof and two other non-specific characters

    we were all talking as if we were posting, just taking turns holding semi-related monologues

    I don’t know where we were going

    I am honoured to have been the specific one

    Hanging out with a T-Rex kinda sticks in your subconscious I guess

    DepressperadoElvenshae
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I can't tell if I'm getting sick or am just dehydrated or smoked too many cigarettes yesterday

    got that scratchy throat and snuffly nose.

    Sleep
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Realtor Santa ClaritaRegistered User regular
    I can't tell if I'm getting sick or am just dehydrated or smoked too many cigarettes yesterday

    got that scratchy throat and snuffly nose.

    Por que no los tres?

    BahamutZERODepressperado
  • GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    I just got stabbed by a little old lady.

    Look forward to that happening again next month.

    Aw yeah.

    This post was sponsored by Goop.

    'Get your fucking finger on the wookie'
    BahamutZERODepressperadoJedoc3cl1ps3honovereElvenshaeLabelsarukun
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    Grislo wrote: »
    I just got stabbed by a little old lady.

    Look forward to that happening again next month.

    Aw yeah.

    little old lady mutilated you late last night???

    GrisloDepressperadomrpakuXaquinElvenshae
  • TefTef Registered User regular
    I keep having a horrible dream where (spoilers for violence, murder, torture)
    People kidnap my family, tie them to chairs and put plastic bags over their heads. They make me stand there and watch them all die

    It really sucks!

    help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

    bit.ly/2XQM1ke
    DepressperadoBahamutZEROXaquin
  • Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Since I'm working Saturday, I had today off. Instead of sitting around at home again, I decided to strike out for adventure.

    Granted, in this case adventure lay thirty miles north in Guthrie, OK (pop 10,191) but get off my case, this was the first time I left the city limits since Christmas.

    Order of operations:
    • Bacon egg and cheese waffle wrap at Waffle Champion, to fortify my strength for travel.
    • Drive to the Oklahoma Territorial museum, which I was mostly interested in because it's built on to the oldest surviving Carnegie library in the state. I was pleasantly surprised! I gave it a 50/50 chance of being a DAR-style propaganda job of Indian erasure, but it appears to be the work of actual historians. The artifacts were mostly related to white and Black settlers during and after the Land Run, but the informative signage was consistently clear that Oklahoma exists because of centuries of profound anti-Indian ratfuckery and that all the Sooners and Boomers were genocidal maniacs and grifters. A low bar to clear, but still refreshing in a state where it hardly ever is.
    • The library was largely unfurnished but lovely. I was the only person in the museum on a Thursday morning, so I prowled around peering into odd corners and spent a few minutes standing behind the reference desk under the rotunda seeing if a Victorian ghost was going to come try and check out an under-the-table copy of Fanny Hill.
      4zzvug6hgayd.png
      ca7t3xc8q5rf.png
    • Evett Dumas Nix beat me to the pun "Oklahombres" like a century ago, and now I feel like a failure.
      o1hub7xazs22.png
    • Then I wandered over to the apothecary garden and Drug Store museum, where I realized that the branding on my own asthma inhaler could be much more badass.
      gxnjzm4wgtbo.png
    • After that, I went and grabbed lunch at the taproom. The burger was fine, but importantly it's the first time I have found Hoptometrist, my favorite local beer, on tap. It was goddamn delicious.
    Anyway, that was my adventure. It's kind of depressing how good it felt to take a half-day trip out of the metro, and I think I'm going to start doing it on the regular whenever I have a day off. If you've got your shots and feel safe doing it, I think you should too!

    jhsjx5ftoa7b.png


    Small world moment, I've got some family around Guthrie and my great-grandmother lived there most of her life! We have a couple of gorgeous paintings of the historical downtown though my parents have been moving lately and I don't know where they are (here's an IOU for a follow-up)

    Jedocpooka
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Local vaccination centre had Pfizer that needs using up before tomorrow, so second shot get. Curious to see if I get any aftereffects because I felt nothing from my first.

    PsykomaNarbusXaquinDepressperadoJedocElvenshaeWeaverpookaMaddocchromdomBahamutZEROCelloLabelwebguy20Crippl3Snicketysnicksarukunhonovere3cl1ps3ani_game_bumMechMantistynicSporkAndrewVegemyte
  • FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    Got my first dose of Biontech/Pfizer!

    Now in the 15 minute waiting area to see if I develop any crazy side effects

    XaquinchromdomLabelani_game_bumtynic
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I have a tarantula arm now because the vaccine got contaminated with spider DNA at the facility

    XaquinDepressperadoElvenshaeSkeithBrovid HasselsmofPsykomaLabelCrippl33cl1ps3ani_game_bum
Sign In or Register to comment.