As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Second Annual [Quarantimes] Thread

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Got my second jab today! Just in time to have side effects for the heatpocalypse :bigfrown:

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    I got dose 2!! Spoilering it for those who aren't as lucky yet and don't wanna read another Post Dose Post
    Caught wind via the national vaccine hunting volunteer group that there was a pharmacy doing walk-in second doses of Moderna, because some big dummies here are walking away from Moderna shots in favour of Pfizer (Moderna delayed a ton of doses due to manufacturing mishaps and so there's a belief that there might be issues with it, which is unfounded but hey). Only needed to be 18+ and 28 days from the last dose, disregarding that eligibility to rebook isn't due to expand to my age group til Monday

So I threw on yesterday's clothes and 5 minute makeup and rushed out to line up at a seedy mall and got my shot! Pfizer round 1, Moderna round 2

The relief is pretty immediate, especially as my anticipated wait would have been at least another 1-2 months otherwise, and I was the last one in my immediate family to need a shot so now we should all be good to go

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Wait, so you don't get your second dose scheduled when you get your first dose?

• Options
    edited June 2021
    honovere wrote: »
    Wait, so you don't get your second dose scheduled when you get your first dose?

Canada did not have the required quantity of vaccine to do this, no; we were given the opportunity to sign up for dose 1 and then given a 4 month break to dose 2, to maximize the amount of first shots that could be given to everyone instead of doubling down right away and halving eligibility. Likely saved a lot of lives with that strategy, based on our stats, and increased first dose uptake

I had an on paper date for September 7, 4 months after my first dose, but because our vaccine quantity was due to increase they changed eligibility dates for round 2

Most provinces are having people rebook, I think BC might have just handled it within their own system; Quebec had specific dates that people could book based on your place within 5-year age bands; Ontario just picked a couple dates for the Hunger Games, Monday being the general population one here

Cello on
    Steam
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I just got my second dose and I didn't even feel the needle because I'm big and strong and grown up.

Now I'm gonna lay down and watch cartoons and eat from a 1kg bag of gummy bears.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    Just got news that there may have been an outbreak of the delta variant in our territory, so it's 48 hour full lockdown time while they confirm contact sites etc

We were doing pretty good, going on almost a year being more or less covid free! So hopefully they nip this in the bud reasonably smoothly

Veldrin on
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Yeah good luck!

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Just got news that there may have been an outbreak of the delta variant in our territory, so it's 48 hour full lockdown time while they confirm contact sites etc

We were doing pretty good, going on almost a year being more or less covid free! So hopefully they nip this in the bud reasonably smoothly

We’ve all got mask restrictions now.

THANKS GLADYS.

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Woke up in the middle of the night, which was lucky. Apparently the stripeknee got her claw stuck in the mesh top of the cage.

Annoyed that pet stores don't actually carry proper tarantula cages, so I gotta learn how tf to retrofit the top with acrylic and drill in ventilation.

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Same problem with hermit crab terrarium (crabitats.) The closest thing is lizard habitats but they don't retain moisture very well so I usually have to wrap up the screen top with plastic wrap.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2021
    Docshifty wrote: »
    Woke up in the middle of the night, which was lucky. Apparently the stripeknee got her claw stuck in the mesh top of the cage.

Annoyed that pet stores don't actually carry proper tarantula cages, so I gotta learn how tf to retrofit the top with acrylic and drill in ventilation.

Dunno about the framing and drilling, but I can tell you that Lowe's will cut acrylic sheets to whatever dimensions you need for pretty cheap.

Might also ask them what scraps they have, you can sometimes get a bargain if they've got a big enough offcut.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Speaking of waking up in the middle of the night, new apartment with a new bed, got up to use the bathroom, tripped over the footboard, the fan, and collided with a dresser.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    Speaking of waking up in the middle of the night, new apartment with a new bed, got up to use the bathroom, tripped over the footboard, the fan, and collided with a dresser.
    Hope you are ok.

I'm glad it's supposed to rain here on and off the next week. Hopefully fewer fireworks waking me up every night.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Thanks, just the heel of my palm is pretty tender but that's it.

• Options
    Same problem with hermit crab terrarium (crabitats.) The closest thing is lizard habitats but they don't retain moisture very well so I usually have to wrap up the screen top with plastic wrap.

Yeah I've got a hermit case set up with plastic wrap over the top. It definitely helps but looks heckin janky. Of course I may just replace that with acrylic, too.

I've actually found a bunch of nice enclosures online from tarantulacribs. Bit costly for their size. I think if anything I might order from dreamcoplastics. Unfortunately they don't appear to have anything really big enough for hermit crabs, unless you only have like 3 of them.

• Options
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Docshifty wrote: »

Dunno about the framing and drilling, but I can tell you that Lowe's will cut acrylic sheets to whatever dimensions you need for pretty cheap.

Might also ask them what scraps they have, you can sometimes get a bargain if they've got a big enough offcut.

I'm honestly not sure it is a good option here, since the terrarium lid isn't like, just sitting on it. It slides in and out, so I'd need really thin acryllic.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    My mom's key got stuck in her ignition in the on position and she's gonna have to deal with that all week probably.

Sucks.

I'm getting a scratchy throat today?

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular

Huh, I wonder if Japan would let me buy a $500 home out in the country?

I'm sick of people. There are just too many of em. Everywhere I go it's people, people, people, traffic, traffic, traffic. All the nice little fields and woods I grew up around are getting turned into shitty, cookie cutter subdivisions and cheap shopping centers full of Little Ceasars and Nail Salons. The roads that haven't been expanded since the fucking 80s or 90s are choked full of traffic. I don't even know where half these people are going. There's still nothing in this town to go to, but gotdamn if everybody isn't fucking going. Whole wooded areas are getting cut down and all that's left is big, muddy, red clay lots where I can only imagine somebody is going to eventually build another car wash or another Wendy's or another gas station or another ugly townhouse.

It's all sprawl. No thought. No plan. Just churn the whole thing up and slap some blacktop down and figure it out later. Fuck the trees. Fuck the meadows. Fuck the grass and the fields and the little creeks where you could find tadpoles and salamanders. Fuck the farms with their grazing horses or cows. What we need is another fucking Cricket Wireless center.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Hour 12: I'm doing pretty well! Just a sore arm.

Hour 14:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkypZuY6ZvA

I'm all better now, though.

• Options
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Hour 12: I'm doing pretty well! Just a sore arm.

Hour 14:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkypZuY6ZvA

I'm all better now, though.

I mostly just had some light muscle/head aches and was pretty tired (though that may mostly have just been from not sleeping well)

Steam
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited June 2021
    Juggernut wrote: »

Huh, I wonder if Japan would let me buy a $500 home out in the country?

I'm sick of people. There are just too many of em. Everywhere I go it's people, people, people, traffic, traffic, traffic. All the nice little fields and woods I grew up around are getting turned into shitty, cookie cutter subdivisions and cheap shopping centers full of Little Ceasars and Nail Salons. The roads that haven't been expanded since the fucking 80s or 90s are choked full of traffic. I don't even know where half these people are going. There's still nothing in this town to go to, but gotdamn if everybody isn't fucking going. Whole wooded areas are getting cut down and all that's left is big, muddy, red clay lots where I can only imagine somebody is going to eventually build another car wash or another Wendy's or another gas station or another ugly townhouse.

It's all sprawl. No thought. No plan. Just churn the whole thing up and slap some blacktop down and figure it out later. Fuck the trees. Fuck the meadows. Fuck the grass and the fields and the little creeks where you could find tadpoles and salamanders. Fuck the farms with their grazing horses or cows. What we need is another fucking Cricket Wireless center.

I assure that Japan has the tightest of asses about “foreigners” immigrating, and you would almost certainly not be eligible for the $500 house deal. Getting permanent residence in Japan is an arduos affair, whether you own property or not. Just because people don’t wanna live in ghost towns doesn’t mean they’d be super psyched to have a handsome mountain of a white man move in; the government moreso than the locals, but also probably the locals.

Edit: you wanna get away from it all on the (relatively) cheap, lemme wax bucolic at you on Eastern Taiwan.

sarukun on
  • Options
    mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »

I assure that Japan has the tightest of asses about “foreigners” immigrating, and you would almost certainly not be eligible for the $500 house deal. Getting permanent residence in Japan is an arduos affair, whether you own property or not. Just because people don’t wanna live in ghost towns doesn’t mean they’d be super psyched to have a handsome mountain of a white man move in; the government moreso than the locals, but also probably the locals.

Edit: you wanna get away from it all on the (relatively) cheap, lemme wax bucolic at you on Eastern Taiwan.

I'm listening...

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Careful of sarukun if he says he's going to wax your bubonic.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    anyone here ever go surf fishing in the Atlantic?

I'm going to take my youngest in a couple weeks and am looking for tips

• Options
    The pharmacy I went to that does walk-ins is continuing them this week, so I've effectively signed up to be a taxi service for friends who can get the time off work to go

Got two in today (one drove himself), bringing another two tomorrow, may see another few folks I've referred while I'm there

This is the most active social life I've had in a goddamn year

Steam
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    The pharmacy I went to that does walk-ins is continuing them this week, so I've effectively signed up to be a taxi service for friends who can get the time off work to go

Got two in today (one drove himself), bringing another two tomorrow, may see another few folks I've referred while I'm there

That's the power of Moderna

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »

Do you mount the pole to the board? If you catch a big enough one do you get to go on an adventure?

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Cello wrote: »

That's the power of Moderna

the power of fifth generation cellular data

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Ranlin wrote: »
    Xaquin wrote: »

Do you mount the pole to the board? If you catch a big enough one do you get to go on an adventure?

maybe, I'm new!

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Nah, it's dead simple, there are youtube videos and everything.

Step one:

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Jedoc, is that person using a Limit Break?

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    That guy's not on a surf board at all!

I'm being bamboozled!

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Do you guys think 20-gauge or 12-gauge is more suitable when hunting Jersey Devil

• Options
    Platy wrote: »
    Do you guys think 20-gauge or 12-gauge is more suitable when hunting Jersey Devil

12ga

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    For Jersey Devil I'd use solid slug, honestly.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I bought a quart of paint to touch up my bathroom wall after my toilet got replaced

as I was taking it out of the car, it fell out of the bag and hit the ground and the lid popped off exploding about 2/3rds of it mostly on the parking space line in a big blob

sure hope my HOA doesn't ask questions and the coming rains wash it away

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    HOAs are a bunch of nosy old people, so they have probably already noticed

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    They were watching with binoculars the whole time.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    "Excuse me pipthefair, couldn't help notice you spilled some paint this afternoon. just want to give you a heads up you might want to clean that up. you don't have to but you might want to"

• Options
    Acryllic purchased, measured, cut, and drilled. Currently glue drying. Here's hoping it works!

This discussion has been closed.