As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Second Annual [Quarantimes] Thread

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    That tree is a very 2021 mood.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I finally got my pt appointment this morning

Got some decent enough sleep too. Here's hoping it'll go ok and will help with my stupid pinched nerve symptoms.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I ordered new water shoes in an effort to make a habit of fossil hunting

but I will still keep on with foraging and metal detecting

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    For whatever reason I had a hell of a time falling asleep last night. Just tossing and turning nonstop. It sucked!

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I've started trying some yoga again, keeping it super simple this time and just doing 2x sun salutation when I first get up and again as I go to bed. Only been doing it a couple of days so far but I have fallen asleep and woken up easier than normal both days

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    For whatever reason I had a hell of a time falling asleep last night. Just tossing and turning nonstop. It sucked!

Sleeping well is so important, and I don't really appreciate it until I don't sleep well for a few days

One of our air conditioners had to be retired, so we're sleeping in the spare bedroom. The mattress in that bedroom is Not Good

Slept terribly several nights now

Selling my playstation so I can buy an air conditioner

"Adulting"

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

Monsters nearby. Try moving to the next zone and resting there.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options

Got some decent enough sleep too. Here's hoping it'll go ok and will help with my stupid pinched nerve symptoms.

Well I do have limited range of motion in my neck but my grip strength is still good in both hands at like 65lbs

They told me some exercises to do. Mainly posture correcting ones. Shrugs shoulder rolls pulling my chin back squeezing my shoulders together and reverse wall pushups.

I've got to do those like 3 times a day but dang I'm sore after just the once.

• Options
    Of course despite having fallen asleep easily recently I've been feeling like I haven't slept for a week. I think that's pollen kicking my arse though.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular

Well I do have limited range of motion in my neck but my grip strength is still good in both hands at like 65lbs

They told me some exercises to do. Mainly posture correcting ones. Shrugs shoulder rolls pulling my chin back squeezing my shoulders together and reverse wall pushups.

I've got to do those like 3 times a day but dang I'm sore after just the once.

That's good! I am glad you got some info and help!

• Options
    reverse wall pushups sound difficult

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Yeah what is a reverse wall pushup? I know what an inverted wall pushup is but those are super not a PT thing.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Reverse wall pushup example.

https://youtu.be/6u3QInIMVME

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Tonight (as I will have less time) I will venture south along the river where the blue marl is exposed. Years ago I tried that location and wasn't very successful, but it's way easier to get to.

• Options
    I lean back against a wall with my neck and shoulders held straight and use my elbows to push away from the wall.

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    So my wife was talking to her sister, and APPARENTLY her sister was under the impression that 'sus' was a derogatory shorthand for 'Jesus'

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Why?

It’s clearly from suspect.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    I mean, Jesus was arrested so at some point he was a suspect.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Jesus gathered the disciples and told them "There seems to be a traitor. Among Us"

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    to be fair

some mouth criminals do say 'za

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Jesus gathered the disciples and told them "There seems to be a traitor. Among Us"

And yea, Judas declared that he had seen Peter in electrical

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    ani_game_bumani_game_bum Optimistic, Rule-Breaking Nice Guy The Final World/DestinationRegistered User regular

And yea, Judas declared that he had seen Peter in electrical

And when thrice questioned by those at the emergency gathering "Weren't thou with the one called Jesus in Electrical?", Peter denied it so.

steam_sig.pngPSN: ani_game_bum Battle.net ID: Anigamebum#1354 Genshin UID: 660694297 Switch FC: SW-2127-8288-6505 Steam Wishlist
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    to be fair

some mouth criminals do say 'za

Ah yes, a shortening of Nazareth.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Jesus gathered the disciples and told them "There seems to be a traitor.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-38V4G7o1yA"

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I continue to not have any time or energy to do things. I left work two hours early because I was so tired I felt ill, skipped a scheduled PT appointment because there was no way I was getting up and moving in time, and I didn't have time to get a decent workout in for the third time in a week now.

I need a 6 month vacation where I preferably slip into a coma and am completely oblivious to everything.

• Options
    Hey juggs is your airlock bubbling yet

• Options
    Yeah I was getting about 5 seconds between bubbles day one but now I'm at about 10 or 11 seconds so I think the yeast is slowing down.

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Rad! What was the starting gravity? When I did mead my airlock was going crazy the whole first 5 days. But that's way way more sugar obviously.

Also my neck must be really jacked up actually because day two of doing these exercises has got me very stiff and sore. But it's like exercise sore instead of like omg something is wrong sore at the moment. So that's actually an improvement.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    I continue to not have any time or energy to do things. I left work two hours early because I was so tired I felt ill, skipped a scheduled PT appointment because there was no way I was getting up and moving in time, and I didn't have time to get a decent workout in for the third time in a week now.

I need a 6 month vacation where I preferably slip into a coma and am completely oblivious to everything.

Buddy, as someone who has experienced burnout on several occasions, this sure sounds like it

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Rad! What was the starting gravity? When I did mead my airlock was going crazy the whole first 5 days. But that's way way more sugar obviously.

Also my neck must be really jacked up actually because day two of doing these exercises has got me very stiff and sore. But it's like exercise sore instead of like omg something is wrong sore at the moment. So that's actually an improvement.

So that is a good question. I kinda maybe accidentally melted my hydrometer tube a little bit and I realized I didn't have a thermometer well into the brewing phase. So best guesstimate is, as of yesterday, I'm still sitting at about 1.030 or I think maybe 5% abv. This recipe is supposed to sit for a week and I think should get to about 5.5%, so pretty standard for a heffe.
    Cello wrote: »
    Juggernut wrote: »

Buddy, as someone who has experienced burnout on several occasions, this sure sounds like it

Oh goodness me yes I've been hella burned out for at least a solid year, if not longer. I've just acclimated to it. Like coal becoming a beautiful diamond under pressure except instead of becoming a beautiful diamond I can drink more whiskey than it would take to fuck up a quarter horse.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I'm just hoping to survive my current schedule for a couple more years, which is a fun thought, and then maybe try to find something else

I'm also staring down the barrel of a possible promotion which would get me considerably more money during that time, at least, even if I'd still definitely want to leave as soon as it's viable because my schedule is going to actually factually kill me

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Do we have an Olympics thread?

I have no idea how to talk about the sport without talking about the pandemic, but at the same time I would like to be able to talk about the sport without talking about the pandemic.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Nah make one. Express your outrage about how the Queensland premier what treated like shit by IOC chair.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I can’t imagine that an olympics thread will be anything less than fury and a list of grievances.

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Nearly obliterated a baby bird while cutting grass earlier. Fortunately I was only taking it down to about 20cm high so the cutter went straight over it, but I felt really bad for a moment when I thought I might have hit it. Managed to scoop it up and checked it was fine, just annoyed, and it crawled back under the hedge it must have come out of. Decided to leave the rest of the grass for a few more weeks.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    I can’t imagine that an olympics thread will be anything less than fury and a list of grievances.

Yeah probably best to stick to d&d if you want to try and reign it in to the athletics and Olympic parts. Though lord knows there's enough ioc bullshit even without the pandemic.

If it helps I watched the USA swim qualifiers and gosh those people do swim right fast.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    My county finally hit 70% with at least one dose. My county is the majority of the population in the state and that's the best data I'll get since of course my state shut down its statewide data collection a while ago.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »

Yeah probably best to stick to d&d if you want to try and reign it in to the athletics and Olympic parts. Though lord knows there's enough ioc bullshit even without the pandemic.

If it helps I watched the USA swim qualifiers and gosh those people do swim right fast.

I would love to talk about sports and also the rampant corruption of the IOC and the sheer level of cursed this Olympics are, the SE thread could be good actually

As a Sports Person the Olympics are always a painful struggle of loving to see the athleticism on display and the continual push of humanity to better themselves and do things previously considered unachievable VERSUS being extremely conscious of how corrupt the IOC is and how their restrictive requirements lead to localized recessions and displacement of unhoused or low-income populations and-

I mean Olympic sites are currently being threatened by mussels and also bears, there's a lot going on this year, I'd love to talk about it

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    The Olympics are going to be torturous for athletes given that the projected temps are for the hottest Olympics by far, with maybe even WBGT beyond 30 degrees C

This discussion has been closed.