As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I have had my eye on Blasphemous for ages and just never got around to impulse buying it and well now i can't really ignore it being 60% off 10$ is a steal for a game of this quality.

• shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    Zunde wrote: »
    I have had my eye on Blasphemous for ages and just never got around to impulse buying it and well now i can't really ignore it being 60% off 10$ is a steal for a game of this quality.

Yeah I also bought it because it was so cheap. I tend to really enjoy games like it so figured why not. Really enjoyed Salt & Sanctuary for example. I also finally bought Golf Story.

• Raybies666Raybies666 Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Had a few moments of weakness for the sales going on now (feels like every game has been on sale over the past few weeks). I managed to get the complete Moonlighter for $8.69, Blasphemous for $9.99, Going Under for $9.99 and Lego City Undercover for $5.99. I think Dekudeals said all were at their all-time lows, so I caved. I played Lego on the Wii U but had held off rebuying it for load times/framerates/storage size, but for that price figured a rebuy was fine.

It's not any better on Switch

One of the worst performing games I've ever played, and I've played Blast Corps

Time to get moving!
    Rock and Roll!
    You're just trying to impress me.

Fucking stupid gravity!
    Bullshit!

Oh wait, that's me shouting at the bonus levels about 20 years ago. And 6 weeks ago.

Beat me on Wii U: Raybies
    Beat me on 360: Raybies666

I remember when I had time to be good at games.
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    people here are being really nice to Balan
    all the videos i saw about it make it look abysmal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiYVSxdn954

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=komx90BiLpM

Yea, between Johnny and Nintendolife, it sounds absolutely dreadful.

yeah those are two of the videos I watched
    they're not hot takes and edgy bitching, the criticisms are very damning.

It's kinda like a very bad Mario Odyssey clone with none of the good platforming parts and early xbox 360 visuals. All the parts of it are bad, gameplay, story, so on.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    It's kind of tempting to compare it to Lego games, which aren't very engaging as platformers but make up for it by letting you tear apart the levels. And by not making you go back into previous levels to get characters back if you get hit too many times.

• UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Also because they are actually funny, whether it's one of the earlier pantomime games or with bespoke writing/voice acting like Lego City.

Rather than watching confusing FMVs where a girl thinks a dolphin attacked her on purpose and breaks up with him, and then randomly feels better after you kill a boss.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    The platforming in Balan wonderworld is extremely rough.

Like half the time there is no real point.

• StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    and the boss fights are just particularly bad qtes
    and there is ONE button
    and when you pick up one of the 80 powerups you can't jump anymore

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
    Half of the costumes just outright not having jump in a platformer is such a weird and annoying design.

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    And now, in games that have my attention solely because of the title:

The official Indie World account retweeted this, so maybe it’s not crap?

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Wife and I finished 99%ing Super Mario 3D World / Bowser's Fury (got all the stamps and flag clears but not beating every level again as every single character)

Since it is on sale I decided to pick up River City Girls as our next game to tackle. Time to save our boyfriends through the power of friendship, love, and incredible violence!

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    And now, in games that have my attention solely because of the title:

The official Indie World account retweeted this, so maybe it’s not crap?

It’s a clear ripoff of the classic Nintendo IP, Yoshi!

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Well, I don't suppose Yoshi would have trouble providing evidence of revenue lost as part of his claim then.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    Well, I don't suppose Yoshi would have trouble providing evidence of revenue lost as part of his claim then.

Unfortunately, Yoshi was last seen carrying Mario over a bottomless pit and hasn't been heard from since.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    That's an olive, guardin'.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »

Unfortunately, Yoshi was last seen carrying Mario over a bottomless pit and hasn't been heard from since.

https://youtu.be/e9x4o1gAzTc

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    What a classic video

• DirtyDirty Registered User regular
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/EscOE4sSYOo
    Skip the spoiler if you want to keep the jokey mood going, not kidding.
    The cartoonist did this strip and subsequent video remembering their dog that passed on.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    So this post from 2013 came up in my Facebook Memories section today:

Funny quote from the Penny Arcade forums discussing villains in gaming, specifically Bowser vs Ganon:
    "Long story short, Ganon is like a major calamity, like a hurricane or something, which only happens once in a generation, and is localized in Hyrule.
    Bowser is like Monday; he comes back every week, and it doesn't matter where you go, he's going to be out there causing trouble."

I don't know who it came from, but they totally called Calamity Ganon years before he showed up. Perhaps we had an Nintendo insider dropping hints in plain sight!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    The PlayStation 5 is now the fastest-selling console in the U.S. for the first five months after launch.

Why am I mentioning this in the Switch thread? Because the Switch has outsold the PS5 in terms of units for the last five months, and beat the more expensive PS5 in terms of dollar sales for a few of those months too.

Switch sales must be bananas.

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Omg the Great Ace Detective is finally coming out here in the US.

Omg and the sequel!

https://youtu.be/DJk4hMgtbPA

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Nintendo is kind of fortunate to be using downright prehistoric tech like 16nm in the middle of a pandemic, when fabs are choked on anything more modern. Although being the premier children/family console has to help too.

LOL, they dodged the Sherlock Holmes issue(?) in the same way that the Arsene Lupin novels did. By calling him "Herlock Sholmes".

Enlong wrote: »
    LOL, they dodged the Sherlock Holmes issue(?) in the same way that the Arsene Lupin novels did. By calling him "Herlock Sholmes".

It's definitely an issue in the United States. The estate of Arthur Conan Doyle sued Netflix over Sherlock's "warmer" depiction in Inola Holmes. The estate insisted Sherlock should be colder and more aloof.

I can only imagine how they'd react to this Sherlock (er, Herlock), who is a fairly significant dipshit.

• shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular

It's definitely an issue in the United States. The estate of Arthur Conan Doyle sued Netflix over Sherlock's "warmer" depiction in Inola Holmes. The estate insisted Sherlock should be colder and more aloof.

I can only imagine how they'd react to this Sherlock (er, Herlock), who is a fairly significant dipshit.

From what I read the bolded isn't true. They claimed that giving him feels violated their copyright because only the colder and aloof Holmes was free to use. The Sherlock Holmes with feelings came in later books which were still under copyright. It's still bullshit and stupid, just a different kind of stupid.

• H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Arthur Conan Doyle died in 1930. The idea that any of the Sherlock Holmes stories are still copyrighted is crazy.

Copyright laws have some real stupid aspects to them.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
    shadowane wrote: »

From what I read the bolded isn't true. They claimed that giving him feels violated their copyright because only the colder and aloof Holmes was free to use. The Sherlock Holmes with feelings came in later books which were still under copyright. It's still bullshit and stupid, just a different kind of stupid.

I am livid at this.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    So hyped for the Ace Attorney games. They didn't mention a price though. I hope it's not gonna be $59.99....sigh, it's gonna be $59.99 isn't it.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    So hyped for the Ace Attorney games. They didn't mention a price though. I hope it's not gonna be $59.99....sigh, it's gonna be $59.99 isn't it.

I believe it just went up for preorder at $39.99 on GameStop.

No sorry that’s Bitcoin. It’s going to cost 39.99 bitcoins.

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    No sorry that’s Bitcoin. It’s going to cost 39.99 bitcoins.

$2.3 million is a steal for these games!

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
    This Sherlock is a complete parody anyway so messing up the name actually helps. But holy shit are they actually leaving all the Japanese names intact? What's next for the series, actually going out for ramen?

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    This Sherlock is a complete parody anyway so messing up the name actually helps. But holy shit are they actually leaving all the Japanese names intact? What's next for the series, actually going out for ramen?

Well this one actually takes place in Japan. Or, it takes place in England but with actual Japanese characters.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126

They did that in Apollo's first game. The ramen stand was a murder site.

That doesn't count any more than game 3 happening at what was basically a Japanese temple.

We won't truly have arrived until the trial ends and Maya demands Phoenix buy her ramen.

• jothkijothki Registered User regular

That doesn't count any more than game 3 happening at what was basically a Japanese temple.

We won't truly have arrived until the trial ends and Maya demands Phoenix buy her ramen.

It's almost certainly unintended on their part, but I love how it feels like the developers have increasingly gone out of their way to troll the American localization team.

• DirtyDirty Registered User regular

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.

Well, congrats; since the first Apollo game, we've had at least two trials that end with the group going out to Eldoon's noodle stand for a celebratory dinner.

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Super jazzed for this! Maybe they sell a million copies and we finally get Edgeworth 2 as part of an Edgeworth dual pack bundle as well?!

MhCw7nZ.gif