Options

Why did the Braves win just 1 World Series title (1995) out of 14 division titles?

Braves1998Braves1998 Registered User regular
The Cox-Smoltz-Glavine-Maddux Atlanta Braves '90s run was seen as the Buffalo Bills of Baseball, their ability to be seen as perennial losers....

Just 1 title.

Why?

«134

Posts

  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    5hrb65wdvwxl.png

  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    well they weren't very good

    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    oGhzOHsh.png

  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Bt8rZtFl.png

  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2021
    well they weren't very good

    That's not true at all. They were pretty consistently good. They had one of the best pitching teams in baseball at the time, but they had very little in the way of hitters and that's where they faltered.

    They consistently came in as pennant winners for over ten years, and went to the World Series most of that. That's pretty impressive. Per Wikipedia:
    From 1991 to 2005, the Braves were one of the most successful teams in baseball, winning division titles an unprecedented 14 consecutive time

    valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    cause they're fuckin lame dude

    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    well they weren't very good

    That's not true at all. They were pretty consistently good. They had one of the best pitching teams in baseball at the time, but they had very little in the way of hitters and that's where they faltered.

    They consistently came in as pennant winners for over ten years, and went to the World Series most of that. That's pretty impressive. Per Wikipedia:
    From 1991 to 2005, the Braves were one of the most successful teams in baseball, winning division titles an unprecedented 14 consecutive time

    Being the best in your division doesn't mean jack or shit if the rest of your division is teams like the Marlins and the Mets.

  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Its because they were jerks to Deion Sanders about wanting to play football at the same time. They got what they deserved.

  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Because racism

    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    I'm going to assume that they all had Bad Haircut Energy and it torpedoed their entire effort.

  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    well they weren't very good

    That's not true at all. They were pretty consistently good. They had one of the best pitching teams in baseball at the time, but they had very little in the way of hitters and that's where they faltered.

    They consistently came in as pennant winners for over ten years, and went to the World Series most of that. That's pretty impressive. Per Wikipedia:
    From 1991 to 2005, the Braves were one of the most successful teams in baseball, winning division titles an unprecedented 14 consecutive time

    if they were good they'd win

    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    remember all those divisions the altanta falcons won and all they got to show for it was the worst collapse in superbowl history. must be something about atlanta

    Jars on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular

    I adored these Twins. Only World Series I ever particularly cared about, right beside the Diamondbacks in '01

    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Braves1998Braves1998 Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    Because racism

    What does racism have to do with it?

    John Rocker?
    b1wwr4dyf9m9.png

  • Options
    Braves1998Braves1998 Registered User regular
    well they weren't very good

    That's not true at all. They were pretty consistently good. They had one of the best pitching teams in baseball at the time, but they had very little in the way of hitters and that's where they faltered.

    They consistently came in as pennant winners for over ten years, and went to the World Series most of that. That's pretty impressive. Per Wikipedia:
    From 1991 to 2005, the Braves were one of the most successful teams in baseball, winning division titles an unprecedented 14 consecutive time

    Glavine, Smoltz, and Maddux were the pillars of the entire team...

    Just 1 title......

    1998 was the best year in Braves history....but they lost to the Padres for God's sake.....
    cjp5q9020mhu.png

  • Options
    Braves1998Braves1998 Registered User regular
    well they weren't very good

    That's not true at all. They were pretty consistently good. They had one of the best pitching teams in baseball at the time, but they had very little in the way of hitters and that's where they faltered.

    They consistently came in as pennant winners for over ten years, and went to the World Series most of that. That's pretty impressive. Per Wikipedia:
    From 1991 to 2005, the Braves were one of the most successful teams in baseball, winning division titles an unprecedented 14 consecutive time

    Chipper Jones was not good? Andruw Jones was not good? Gary Sheffield wasn't good?

    y8ypvvwjp7pv.png

  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Braves1998 wrote: »
    Tox wrote: »
    Because racism

    What does racism have to do with it?

    John Rocker?
    b1wwr4dyf9m9.png

    And like

    The team name

    The fuckin “tomahawk chop”

  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Braves1998 wrote: »
    well they weren't very good

    That's not true at all. They were pretty consistently good. They had one of the best pitching teams in baseball at the time, but they had very little in the way of hitters and that's where they faltered.

    They consistently came in as pennant winners for over ten years, and went to the World Series most of that. That's pretty impressive. Per Wikipedia:
    From 1991 to 2005, the Braves were one of the most successful teams in baseball, winning division titles an unprecedented 14 consecutive time

    Glavine, Smoltz, and Maddux were the pillars of the entire team...

    Just 1 title......

    1998 was the best year in Braves history....but they lost to the Padres for God's sake.....
    cjp5q9020mhu.png

    They're the ones that lost, take it up with them

  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Braves1998 wrote: »
    well they weren't very good

    That's not true at all. They were pretty consistently good. They had one of the best pitching teams in baseball at the time, but they had very little in the way of hitters and that's where they faltered.

    They consistently came in as pennant winners for over ten years, and went to the World Series most of that. That's pretty impressive. Per Wikipedia:
    From 1991 to 2005, the Braves were one of the most successful teams in baseball, winning division titles an unprecedented 14 consecutive time

    Chipper Jones was not good? Andruw Jones was not good? Gary Sheffield wasn't good?

    y8ypvvwjp7pv.png

    If they were good then why didn't they win the World Series more?

    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Braves1998Braves1998 Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Braves1998 wrote: »
    Tox wrote: »
    Because racism

    What does racism have to do with it?

    John Rocker?
    b1wwr4dyf9m9.png

    And like

    The team name

    The fuckin “tomahawk chop”

    Yes, The Tomahawk chop is racist shit, but the team has a strong history.

    I don't care for the name "Braves"

  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    and yet.

  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    If I were a fan of the Atlanta baseball team, and understood that the name was racist, I would simply not choose my username to be that racist team name.

  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I think the reason why they didn’t win more championships is because they kept losing in the playoffs.

    The other teams just kept scoring more runs then them.

  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I think the reason why they didn’t win more championships is because they kept losing in the playoffs.

    The other teams just kept scoring more runs then them.

    This is pure supposition without proof!

  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    have they tried changing their name to something less racist

  • Options
    Braves1998Braves1998 Registered User regular
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    Braves1998 wrote: »
    well they weren't very good

    That's not true at all. They were pretty consistently good. They had one of the best pitching teams in baseball at the time, but they had very little in the way of hitters and that's where they faltered.

    They consistently came in as pennant winners for over ten years, and went to the World Series most of that. That's pretty impressive. Per Wikipedia:
    From 1991 to 2005, the Braves were one of the most successful teams in baseball, winning division titles an unprecedented 14 consecutive time

    Chipper Jones was not good? Andruw Jones was not good? Gary Sheffield wasn't good?

    y8ypvvwjp7pv.png

    If they were good then why didn't they win the World Series more?

    The '96 Yankees loss was something that still bothers the Braves on to this day.....the Braves choked in '96

    d28u5hmjmwoc.png

  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    The Coca Colas

  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    90s baseball was fuckin weird

  • Options
    Braves1998Braves1998 Registered User regular
    90s baseball was fuckin weird

    c4c7gokvxgn3.png

    Oh yes it was

  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I think the reason why they didn’t win more championships is because they kept losing in the playoffs.

    The other teams just kept scoring more runs then them.

    Spoken like a true booth analyst

    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    SHAVE THOSE SIDEBURNS

  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    SHAVE THOSE SIDEBURNS

    Still like him better than Steinbrenner

  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Braves1998 wrote: »
    90s baseball was fuckin weird

    c4c7gokvxgn3.png

    Oh yes it was

    The 1995 Cleveland Baseball Team is my favorite team ever /sigh

  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Braves1998 wrote: »
    90s baseball was fuckin weird

    c4c7gokvxgn3.png

    Oh yes it was

    The 1995 Cleveland Baseball Team is my favorite team ever /sigh

    Even more than the one in Major League?

    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    Geth, kick @Braves1998

  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative A duck!. @Braves1998 banned from this thread.

  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    Okay, let's all talk about how the B****s suck shit

  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    <3 Alvaro Espinoza and Wayne Kirby

  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    I assume they lost because they didn't try hard enough to win.

    t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
Sign In or Register to comment.