As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Get in the car, loser [chat], we're going on a Shadowrun!

19495969798100»

• navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    It may come as a surprise but the food served to US Navy sailors at sea is awful.

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Did my mandated HR "first interview" in which we mostly talked about how expensive it is to live in NYC and how her friend moved to Pittsburg and bought a house and told her "you could put four houses on this lot it's crazy" but hey what are ya gonna do I love New York even though I did move to Long Island where at least they have grass, not like it is in Queens where I grew up........

anyhow it went well and then I talked to my supposed new boss about applications and who's struggling on the team I'm inheriting.

Still nothing on paper though, COME ON GIVE ME OFFER LETTER

Are you moving to ny?

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    Lunch or dinner on base in the mess hall are $4.60 a person. They used to let contractors take advantage, but some of the soldiers complained, so they stopped. But to be fair the contractors were going a bit overboard.

wait, the soldiers pay?

those 7 dollars were just what the army's budget was, our only job was to eat, and preferably not waste any

ftOqU21.png
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Rigger - Vroom vroom go BOOM BOOM!
    Oh camp counselor, no question

Scruffy looking, probably stoned dude with a deep tan and easy athleticism. Probably wears hemp bracelets and takes his shirt off a lot. Friendly in a jocular, broey way, calls me bro or dude

13 year old me is already having a lot of complicated feelings

No way, college professor, not the scruffy physics professor who wears sandals with socks, but more the type of english professor who wears a blazer and jeans and is working on a novel about a professor cheating on his wife with a coed

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Decker/Hacker - I'm a fuckin' nerd.
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Did my mandated HR "first interview" in which we mostly talked about how expensive it is to live in NYC and how her friend moved to Pittsburg and bought a house and told her "you could put four houses on this lot it's crazy" but hey what are ya gonna do I love New York even though I did move to Long Island where at least they have grass, not like it is in Queens where I grew up........"

anyhow it went well and then I talked to my supposed new boss about applications and who's struggling on the team I'm inheriting.

Are you going to become and even bigger big city dandy Spool?

I'm probably not! We're gonna go back to TX for a couple months at minimum, help my MiL wrap up affairs (her father just passed and there's a buncha complex financial and property-related stuff to navigate), then see what's up. Leaving at some point shortly after though, TX remains too hot to actually live and we want mountains and seasons.

spool32 on
  • AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    cred you always live up to your aesthetic and that's what I appreciate about you

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Rigger - Vroom vroom go BOOM BOOM!
    we're having a seder tomorrow and the seder plate I ordered is not here

it's coming from israel so our assumption is it is stuck in the suez canal

I'm just going to put some ritual foods on a normal plate I guess; not the worst

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    then again, they have a big office in Woodbury or something like that? Might end up needing to move to NYC, it's unclear at this point.

Did my mandated HR "first interview" in which we mostly talked about how expensive it is to live in NYC and how her friend moved to Pittsburg and bought a house and told her "you could put four houses on this lot it's crazy" but hey what are ya gonna do I love New York even though I did move to Long Island where at least they have grass, not like it is in Queens where I grew up........"

I'm probably not! We're gonna go back to TX for a couple months at minimum, help my MiL wrap up affairs (her father just passed and there's a buncha complex financial and property-related stuff to navigate), then see what's up. Leaving at some point shortly after though, TX remains too hot to actually live and we want mountains and seasons.

hey the pnw has mountains and seasons

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »

2 of them!

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    page 100

it's happening

i'm scared

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    there was, and absolutely still is, a persistent tale in the army that the coffee was secretely decaf, because the army is not allowed to give us addicting substances

which was a conversation I had many, many times over breakfast, and I usually went no, we're feeling like this because the coffee can only do so much. Have you tried not having any? You'll collapse in seconds.

ftOqU21.png
    credeiki wrote: »
    Oh camp counselor, no question

Scruffy looking, probably stoned dude with a deep tan and easy athleticism. Probably wears hemp bracelets and takes his shirt off a lot. Friendly in a jocular, broey way, calls me bro or dude

13 year old me is already having a lot of complicated feelings

No way, college professor, not the scruffy physics professor who wears sandals with socks, but more the type of english professor who wears a blazer and jeans and is working on a novel about a professor cheating on his wife with a coed

well I can see why that would appeal to you but I basically grew up with camp counselors since my oldest brother would have his super hot, friendly crunchy granola friends over all the time

they're indelibly stamped on my psyche

Yeah! Summer, first fall, second fall, wet fall, and back to summer!

• TuminTumin Registered User regular
    Face - I'm the only one in the team who put points into Etiquette?
    If you have no mountains or seasons the gods can only reach you in goose form

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Ork Investigator - Wait what? Get out of here. WTF?
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    zepherin wrote: »
    Lunch or dinner on base in the mess hall are $4.60 a person. They used to let contractors take advantage, but some of the soldiers complained, so they stopped. But to be fair the contractors were going a bit overboard.

wait, the soldiers pay?

those 7 dollars were just what the army's budget was, our only job was to eat, and preferably not waste any
    No, they get a stipend, which they can choose to spend on the chow hall.

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular

2 of them!

2 of each, or one mountain and one season?

vRyue2p.png
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Oh shit it's that time.

are YOU on the beer list?
    navgoose wrote: »

Yeah! Summer, first fall, second fall, wet fall, and back to summer!

thanks to global climate change we're getting that real shit more and more

tuMAlzTg.jpg

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I have mountains and seasons and I'm pretty happy.

are YOU on the beer list?
    woo we are about to see if Shiv managed to correctly program Geth

91bb2ddd448830113c309221bf257704.jpeg

• Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Troll - It doesn't matter what archetype you have, you're a Troll, and therefore you're the meatshield and human forklift.
    credeiki wrote: »
    we're having a seder tomorrow and the seder plate I ordered is not here

it's coming from israel so our assumption is it is stuck in the suez canal

I'm just going to put some ritual foods on a normal plate I guess; not the worst
    For some reason I thought this was like Uber Eats for Seders and you ordered a plate of Seder food from Israel and it had to be delivered....

Abdhyius wrote: »
    there was, and absolutely still is, a persistent tale in the army that the coffee was secretely decaf, because the army is not allowed to give us addicting substances

which was a conversation I had many, many times over breakfast, and I usually went no, we're feeling like this because the coffee can only do so much. Have you tried not having any? You'll collapse in seconds.

Our coffee was real! It was just really old and lower than consumer grade.

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Ork Investigator - Wait what? Get out of here. WTF?
    Except if they live on base, they eat at the chow hall for free but no stipend.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

if i get picked it's a total failure

Allegedly a voice of reason.
    here a bear that chilled in a guy's hot tub, much to his chagrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCEbuuJeO80

Chanus wrote: »

if i get picked it's a total failure

u71a6k9ucst51.jpg

Depleted Uranium

• GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was speeding through space at warp 1.4

@Casual Eddy will create the new thread
    @Tav is backup

This discussion has been closed.