Options

Professional Container Ship Drift Racing

1101112131416»

• Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Dang it, now I'll have Prisencolinensinaincuisol stuck in my head for days.

Edit: A thing I've typed enough times that it auto-completes after Prise-

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Maddoc wrote: »
    It's also sung in kind of bad phonetic English, which is part of what confused me

Yep, Italians singing english with a strong accent sound very similar to Japanese singers doing it. At least to my american ear.

https://youtu.be/-VsmF9m_Nt8

I love this song because it's italy going "this is what you sound like, idiots" and THEY'RE RIGHT

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I haven't played this yet because it doesn't like my phone but I can vouch for it being 100% AAA quality.

https://mythicalcity.itch.io/suezcanal

jgvw7tctq872.png

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    It's also sung in kind of bad phonetic English, which is part of what confused me

Yep, Italians singing english with a strong accent sound very similar to Japanese singers doing it. At least to my american ear.

https://youtu.be/-VsmF9m_Nt8

facetious wrote: »
    I played what was essentially an Initial D MMO for a few months

Wait wait wait hold up

what is this game

Drift City! I included a video of gameplay earlier. Drift City Remastered is the new thing, but it looks like a City of Heroes style fan revival, so I didn't link to that.

this song is a masterpiece, it's seriously impressively written/performed.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    I just realized that "giant container ship stuck in a canal" would make for a really neat CTF map. Team spawns on opposite banks, while the ship and the two bits of water on the sides form three "lanes." The water lanes are open for sniping while the ship is basically an extended version of MW's Shipment.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Darklyre wrote: »
    I just realized that "giant container ship stuck in a canal" would make for a really neat CTF map. Team spawns on opposite banks, while the ship and the two bits of water on the sides form three "lanes." The water lanes are open for sniping while the ship is basically an extended version of MW's Shipment.

Facing Worlds?

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Prisencolinensinaincuisol is Walk This Way without the chorus or problematic lyrics

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    The Ever Given may be unstuck, but eurobeat is forever
    https://youtu.be/uFEqPEkn09U

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    honovere on
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Man I wonder how many ships are gonna run aground before they consider making the fucking canal bigger and/or deeper. What's the over/under?

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Man I wonder how many ships are gonna run aground before they consider making the fucking canal bigger and/or deeper. What's the over/under?

I thought they just did. Maybe I remember someone mentioning they should plan to do it.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    I would simply part the desert so that my ships can pass safely.

I call it the Reverse-Moses

• Options
    I've never been so excited to see a boat get stuck.

• Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »

I thought they just did. Maybe I remember someone mentioning they should plan to do it.

They did an expansion just a few years ago, but they just keep making bigger ships.

• Options
    Chall wrote: »

I thought Reverse-Moses was when you were having sex with the sea and you let it part you.

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Scooter wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »

They did an expansion just a few years ago, but they just keep making bigger ships.
    Hooray for unrestrained profit motives!

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    TheStig wrote: »
    Chall wrote: »

I thought Reverse-Moses was when you were having sex with the sea and you let it part you.

I think that's just called The Titanic

Chall on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    The fact that capitalism destroys the solution to this issue is part of what makes it so funny

Okay let's make the canal bigger so ships don't get stuck

What's that the canal is bigger? Okay so we can fit a bigger ship in there now whooooooops

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Um, looks like the boat is stuck in the canal again, but in a different way.

https://jalopnik.com/egypt-to-ever-given-owners-pay-us-1-billion-or-you-ar-1846651458

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    LMAO

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I demand a reality show with a bunch of repo men trying to steal that boat back.

• Options
    Maximum wrote: »
    I demand a Fast and Furious movie with Dom's crew trying to steal that boat back.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    So... remind me, but Egyptian officials allowed the ship into the canal and official Egyptian canal pilots were steering it, right?

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    So... remind me, but Egyptian officials allowed the ship into the canal and official Egyptian canal pilots were steering it, right?

I don't think so? I'm not 100% sure on how it works, but the captain of the vessel is the captain of the vessel and that responsibility doesn't go away until they are relieved by another captain. The pilot might be steering, or might be there saying 'go to port, there's an uncharted bar here' and suchlike.
    Again, woefully ignorant and probably shouldn't be speaking up, but I am fairly certain the captain is responsible for everything that happens while they are captain.

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

Not sure, maybe, but this sounds like negotiating a ransom for the ship so I don't know if "who was really responsible" comes into it

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    They could give a good chunk of that to the ship captain who was falsely blamed and attacked on the internet because, surprise, a woman.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Hold on.

Hold the fuck on.

Are you telling me?

Are you telling me that right now

Right now a whole ass nother ship is stuck in that canal again?

• Options
    DessertedDesserted Dessert desertRegistered User regular
    Poor canal is getting backed up more frequently these days. I wonder if it's dehydrated.

• Options
    Maybe it should take some fiber.

• Options
    Oh, for the halcyon days of too big boats getting stuck in canals

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    It was a simpler time

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Technically the boat is still stuck, but this time for even dumber reasons.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    Technically the boat is still stuck, but this time for even dumber reasons.

I mean, "give us money" is at least smarter than "boat too big!"

• Options
    You’re right sax, it was too big!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke