As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

i'm not even sure what a [movie] is

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    Pacific Rim 2 is unitentially stupid and also bad

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Bloods End wrote: »

the only part of that movie that made an impact was the ice cream scene

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I never saw Pacific Rim 2 therefore it does not exist to me because I lack object permanence.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Mysst wrote: »
    Bloods End wrote: »

the only part of that movie that made an impact was the ice cream scene

the sexual tension between those two dudes was extremely good and the movie heavily implied they had a threeway with that one gal as soon as the credits rolled

that was pretty much all I liked

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Pacific Rim is a movie I will watch hundreds of times over the span of my life

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    "Elbow Rocket!" And "For my family! Sword!" From PR1 are some of the most fun I've ever had in a theater

"It's my grandma's favorite song!" With the trolololol guy from PR2 is one of the angriest times I've ever been in a theater. Surpassed only by 300: Rise of an Empire.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    It's so incredibly stupid but it is incredibly intentionally stupid. It is stupid made with intense love and care and passion and it makes me happy to see the big robbit rocket elbow punch the big monster in a way few other things have ever made me happy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmje2_Mh26U

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    pacific rim has its problems but yes, it is a good kind of dumb and I like it a lot

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Oh btw. Never watch Atlantic Rim. Not even the MST3K version I am still angry at how bad that movie was to this day.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I thought Pacific Rim was very boring!

• Options
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    I thought Pacific Rim was very boring!

it thought you were pretty boring!

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    what's boring about sitting at your desk eating a sandwich and posting opinions about movies on the internet

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Deadfall wrote: »
    "Elbow Rocket!" And "For my family! Sword!" From PR1 are some of the most fun I've ever had in a theater

"It's my grandma's favorite song!" With the trolololol guy from PR2 is one of the angriest times I've ever been in a theater. Surpassed only by 300: Rise of an Empire.

I think I actually got a little teary eyed when the whole Family Sword thing came up.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    what's boring about sitting at your desk eating a sandwich and posting opinions about movies on the internet

Beats me we are all very cool and popular

• Options
    Whatever its flaws godzilla 2014 had the choice to have people scream and run in terror or the MUTOS and fall silent and still when godzilla shows up is brilliant and deserved an award for greatest movie idea of the year.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I will defend Godzilla 2014 until I am a bloodless corpse.

I won't defend King of the Monsters quite as vociferously because any time humans are talking it's pretty bad, but I still think it has enormous charm because of how wonderful and well-animated the monster designs are. If someone released a cut where all the dialogue was just removed and only the monsters got to make noise it would be a top tier movie. I still think about Mothra's first reveal.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Ha ha ha!

Monster Hunter was so dumb and so good.

• Options
    Paul W.S. Anderson forgot that a movie is supposed to have a plot and I didn’t care.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I think there are a couple of standout humans in King of the Monsters. I honestly want to know more about Charles Dance and how his character got so tired of everyone's shit that he decided a monster apocalypse was what we deserved. Millie Bobby Brown I like generally, but she doesn't have much to do. I want to take Vera Farmiga out for a nice dinner and treat her real good

That last one isn't relevant to her role in the movie I guess but whatever

• Options
    I also appreciate that Ron Perlman cosplayed as The Cowardly Lion from Wizard of Oz

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Oh yeah that Monster Hunter movie that everybody thought looked so good came out Im surprised I havent seen more people talkint about how good that good looking shit was

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Oh yeah that Monster Hunter movie that everybody thought looked so good came out Im surprised I havent seen more people talkint about how good that good looking shit was

I asked a friend when their birthday was, a mere five days after I had wished them a happy birthday with my own two human lips

Time is meaningless, our brains are all rotting, everything feels faker than usual, expecting anything approaching "continuity of human experience" seems like the errand a fool would send an even dipshittier fool on

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Hobnail wrote: »

In addition to what Pooro said, it previously cost $20 and every time I've been thinking about spending that I've seen something else for cheaper that I was actually interested in

Was finally on sale for a more reasonable price ($13) the last few days but again, I had other/cheaper stuff I was more interested in*. If it's still on sale Wednesday I'll finally get it

*Finally gonna get to watch An Elephant Sitting Still, looking forward to being bummed out as hell

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    TenzytileTenzytile Registered User regular
    An Elephant Sitting Still is an apocalyptic bummer for sure. One of the best films of the last 10 years though. Hu Bo was a prodigious talent.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Despite a weirdly horrifying opening act I didn’t mind the monster hunter movie

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Ron Perlman looks insane in Monster Hunter, and the ship and people in the opening look like they walked out of Hook.

I'm in.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    Why wouldnt you be in it looks really really good

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Why is this guy doing Diablo runs when he could run Baal minions instead? And are they even getting loot?!

I'm not sure Paul W. S. Anderson understands video games at all.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    As long as you understand Monster Hunter has ZERO PLOT you’ll enjoy it.

If you’re looking for plot you best look elsewhere

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I feel like people say that about a lot of things but "we're in a place and we want to get back to the place we came from" is in fact a plot even if it isn't a really creative one

• Options
    In a way any portrayed reality has a plot

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I feel like people say that about a lot of things but "we're in a place and we want to get back to the place we came from" is in fact a plot even if it isn't a really creative one

Fine

It has the barest minimum plot.

And it’s perfectly fine.

• Options
    In a way anything a person sees is a good movie

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Last night I started watching through Hayao Miyazaki's films, beginning with 1986's Castle In The Sky (as I watched Castle of Cagliostro somewhat recently).

Castle In The Sky was good!

My primary critique of it is I think it could be shorter.

I was also very surprised by how violent it was towards its young protagonists!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Lost CanuckLost Canuck World's Greatest Escape Artist Doctor Vundabar's Murder MachineRegistered User regular
    What did you think of Cloris Leachman, sky pirate matriarch?

QYW8SHm.jpg
    Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-4012-4821-3053
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Last night I started watching through Hayao Miyazaki's films, beginning with 1986's Castle In The Sky (as I watched Castle of Cagliostro somewhat recently).

Castle In The Sky was good!

My primary critique of it is I think it could be shorter.

I was also very surprised by how violent it was towards its young protagonists!

Look you get two Miyazakis, alright? 'childhood is a time for wondrous things' or 'the world is full of fucked up shit you gotta fight against'

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Miyazaki will show you the horrors of the world and very sadly tell you that everything is going to be all right and go out and make it true but also die in doing so and then apologize for dying in a letter he wrote beforehand.

sarukun on
  • Options
    Which one do i feed

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    They’re the same guy so whatever you do feeds both.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I watched Bad Trip, the Eric Andre movie, it was pretty good. Many fine pranks were perpetrated, but less meanspirited than in his show.

and over the credits they showed the crew running in after scenes like "Prank'd, got you! But you did incredible. You're gonna be in a movie!"

This discussion has been closed.