As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

i'm not even sure what a [movie] is

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I spent $80 today on all 9 F&F movies and will start my watchfest on Monday when I'm all done with classes.

If you all have steered me wrong I will charge each of you $2 on venmo.

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    2 is so bad but gives us Ludacris as The. But they also play Ludacris in the movie so is there another Luda running around?!

Tokyo is what it is

4 dips its toes into super hero movie but CARS

5 is bananas and is a spectacle. The Rock is dripping in literally every scene

6 and beyond cannot be described

Deadfall on
    7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    Deadfall wrote: »
    2 is so bad but gives us Ludacris as The. But they also play Ludacris in the movie so is there another Luda running around?!

Tokyo is what it is

4 dips its toes into super hero movie but CARS

5 is bananas and is a spectacle. The Rock is dripping in literally every scene

6 and beyond cannot be described

What is he dripping? Can I smell it? Is that what he's cooking?

Oh in case it needs to be said, I also grabbed Hobbes and Shaw and F8 of the Furious which weren't included in the box set. Is Hobbss and Shaw like a filler movie?

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Spinoff, features Statham and Johnson on their own adventure but none of the other characters

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    One of my favorite things about the F&F franchise is
    Ludacris become an expert hacker with zero explanation

I'm currently trying to convince a friend who's only seen the first Fast and Furious movie to watch F9 with me to come out, just for his reaction.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Hobbs and Shaw has an actual cybernetic supervillain.

• Options
    Supervillain? I thought he said he was black superman in one of the previews!

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    He's just playing Macavity again

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    He's just playing Macavity again

butthole cut of Hobbs and Shaw etc etc

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »
    We hungry!
    Pockets ain't empty, cuz.

sig.gif
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    I forgot about my favorite part of 2.

Verone's goons, Enrique and Roberto, being totally stone cold the whole movie and then just losing their shit in the last chase scene like they've never been in a fast car before.

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    I've been with a lot of stone cold dudes that start to lose their shit at about 95 miles per hour especially if you're sustaining speeds over that around traffic and obstacles so it's not really that unbelievable.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    In a very real sense we're all moving at fifty fuckzillion miles per hour in our grand galactic orbit

• Options
    Hundred.

Five hundred fuckzillion.

(thousand)

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »

Still the most unrealistic part of Hobbs and Shaw is The Rock fits in a McLaren

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Hundred.

(thousand)

600 minutes

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

Still the most unrealistic part of Hobbs and Shaw is The Rock fits in a McLaren

That's why he's always fully lubed up in those movies. He can slip into any car at a moments notice.

If he wasn't so slippery, it'd be a lot of standing around trying to crowback him into and out of things.

The Rock is a total pro, and he's always greased up to go.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    RedTide wrote: »
    Hundred.

(thousand)

600 minutes

Debra? Bot

(Mitchells vs The Machines was real good)

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    The rat scene in 2 Fast still gets me

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    The rat scene in 2 Fast still gets me
    It's the worst scene in the entire franchise.

sig.gif
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Saturday night I asked Twitter if I should watch 1995's Ghost in the Shell anime feature film or 2006's The Lake House.

In the last moment the tie was broken and Ghost in the Shell won.

So I put it on and then thirty minutes later had to turn it off because it was god awful. Sorry y'all, but it was boring and failed to engage me in any real capacity.

Fast forward to this evening and I decided to visit the other side of Saturday's coin, The Lake House.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ5lPbssHS8

And it might be unfair to compare these two wildly different films but, well here goes, The Lake House is far better than Ghost in the Shell.

God, what a quaint & refreshing romance story. It's calm and gives its story time to breath.

If nobody here has ever seen the time-travel love story, staring the reunited Keanu Reeves & Sandra Bullock, I totally recommend it. I watched it in college but haven't revisited it since then, and I'm happy to report after 12 years, it still holds up well.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    to be fair

most movies are better than ghost in the shell, but this contest in particular was laughingly lopsided

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I think Ghost in the Shell is really good but you either like that kind of very noodly cyberpunk or you really don't.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Ghost in the Shell the movie is a boring slog that doesn't hold up and was only a big deal because it was like one of three early anime movies released in the US at a certain point

Ghost in the Shell SAC is still worth checking out if you're not completely turned off by the premise

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I saw it for the first time ever this year and really enjoyed the experience of watching it. But I do like media that has no actual plot or character arcs and is mostly just a vehicle to talk about whether robots can have souls. Shrug.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Ghost in the Shell the movie is a boring slog that doesn't hold up and was only a big deal because it was like one of three early anime movies released in the US at a certain point

Ghost in the Shell SAC is still worth checking out if you're not completely turned off by the premise

It's... full of really good, exciting action sequences and completely holds up because traditional animation doesn't age like CGI does (which is why it's so awful they keep trying to add CGI to it...)

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    Not to mention the soundtrack is amazing

https://youtu.be/ARTLckN9e7I

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    oh hell yeah

spontaneous is on amazon prime now

now this? this is my shit

https://youtu.be/wJodz9oZHkU

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    yeah that looks fuckin great

• Options
    two thoughts so far:

this movie is sam raimi/early peter jackson level comically gory

and

i am a sucker for each and every "the ill equipped football team has to eulogize someone" scene in a dark comedy

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    i, uh, did not expect the exploding teens movie to become one of the emotionally affecting films i have seen in years.

i'm...i'm gonna be thinking about this for a long time

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    I thought we were talking about the Scarlet Johansson Ghost in the Shell and was very confused until I reread Zon's post.

• Options
    Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    Spontaneous is... a surprisingly great time?

Like whoa, I didn't expect such a FUN and emotional roller coaster.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Ghost In The Shell has a great feel, and I think the story of the garbage man is a cool short story

but then it keeps going

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    i, uh, did not expect the exploding teens movie to become one of the emotionally affecting films i have seen in years.

i'm...i'm gonna be thinking about this for a long time

It was way better than I expected from the premise, I really liked it.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
  • Options
    The
    breakfast
    scene is

VERY funny.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    As first I thought he had ass tentacles but I guess they're dorsal tentacles

• Options
    well i mean, of course venom 2 looks as perfect as the original, but holy shit i was not prepared for how much i needed to get jazzed for a blockbuster again

7656367.jpg
This discussion has been closed.