As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

i'm not even sure what a [movie] is

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    I still don't trust any of these old motherfuckers. Is it too late to take the story away and give it to someone else?

I have a few friends/colleagues who are appearing in it, so I've gotten to this begrudging place of, "This is a good thing for the profiles of talented people who can use the attention," but I continue to be rather frustrated by the whole thing for a variety of reasons

It probably doesn't make your list of reasons, but that movie irks me because I already have trouble remembering which one is Jason Isbell and which is Sturgill Simpson. Scorsese could have done me a solid by casting just one to make it easier to delineate between them, but no, he had to double down and hire both of the alt-country sad dads and now I'll never tell them apart

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Not just his comedic delivery, his one scene in BR2049 was pretty great

He's also playing Beast Rabban in the new Dune movie! not known for his humor, Beast Rabban.
    I'm really glad Dave Bautista is getting it

I don't even know why, but I love that dude. plus his sense of comedic delivery is pretty on point.

I hope he's playing a rival detective to Benoit Blanc.

oh man I hope he has an accent too

I can't decide if I want him to have the same accent as Daniel Craig or a different one.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    Not just his comedic delivery, his one scene in BR2049 was pretty great

He's also playing Beast Rabban in the new Dune movie! not known for his humor, Beast Rabban.
    I'm really glad Dave Bautista is getting it

I don't even know why, but I love that dude. plus his sense of comedic delivery is pretty on point.

I hope he's playing a rival detective to Benoit Blanc.

oh man I hope he has an accent too

I can't decide if I want him to have the same accent as Daniel Craig or a different one.

A different one, but they swap accents every other scene and nobody ever brings it up.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Odin wrote: »
    I remember someone on here having a story about a guy who smuggled in a fucking tray of lasagna

absolutely bloody legend for the sheer logistics on that one

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Which of these movies am I supposed to watch second? 2 Fast or Tokyo Drift?

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    2 Fast

Tokyo Drift is the third movie

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I just saw Tenet and that's my new favorite Nolan movie. I regret buying my whole couch when I only needed the edge.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    TheStig wrote: »
    I just saw Tenet and that's my new favorite Nolan movie. I regret buying my whole couch when I only needed the edge.

Wow that's a really good line, too bad you just gave it away for free and let a bunch of critics retroactively steal it for free.

• Options
    I stole it from The Simpsons fair and square.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Which of these movies am I supposed to watch second? 2 Fast or Tokyo Drift?

This series has the most inconsistent naming scheme this side of a Stallone franchise.

1. The Fast and the Furious
    2. 2 Fast 2 Furious
    3. The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
    4. Fast and Furious
    5. Fast Five
    6. Fast and Furious 6
    7. Furious Seven
    8. Fate of the Furious
    9. F9

Also I just lost all sense of the word "Furious"

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Also the home release for Fast and Furious 6 just has 'Furious 6' printed on the disc, because that was the original title.

sig.gif
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Although I saw someone make the excellent suggestion of "FasTEN Your Seatbelts" for the 10th installment, the very concept of seatbelts seems to go against everything about these movies, so I expect they'll just do something like

FAST & FUR10US

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I wouldn't be surprised if they went with X instead of 10 for the next one.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Fast X Furious

Fast and the Furioux

• Options
    Sorce wrote: »

11 can be Fast and Furious XX and then 12 can be the crossover we've all wanted with Fast and Furious: xXx where we see Dom fight Riddick.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular

11 can be Fast and Furious XX and then 12 can be the crossover we've all wanted with Fast and Furious: xXx where we see Dom fight Riddick.

Diesel insists on separate trailers, furnished appropriately, for each of his characters.

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    I watched the first half of Tenet and it feels like I've seen the whole thing.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular

Diesel insists on separate trailers, furnished appropriately, for each of his characters.

AND HE WOULD BE RIGHT TO DO SO

• Options
    Oh
    My
    Fucking
    God

The end of 2 is an anime. Is this series an anime from this point on?

• Options
    Oh
    My
    Fucking
    God

The end of 2 is an anime. Is this series an anime from this point on?

The next one literally takes place in Japan.

• Options
    Should I watch Tokyo Drift next or...3? 4? Tokyo Drift doesn't have the same characters, right?

• Options
    Should I watch Tokyo Drift next or...3? 4? Tokyo Drift doesn't have the same characters, right?

Just watch them in release order. (I posted it above.)

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular

Badum psh

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular

Missed opportunity to not call that installment The Fast and the Furyan.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Fast X Furious

Fast and the Furioux

My vote is definitely Fast X Furious, I love it

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Fast 10 Furious is right there, y'all.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Fast10 your seatbelts.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Fast X Furious

Fast and the Furioux

The FF series is headed for Henshin/sentai stuff
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHTWjk4ktt8
    If the said series were not being pokemon games at the moment
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS8ydiSK0UE

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Looks like a cool movie

Still deeply unsure of it as an adaptation of one of the greatest poems in the English language, but that's my own thing I guess

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Looks like a cool movie

Still deeply unsure of it as an adaptation of one of the greatest poems in the English language, but that's my own thing I guess

yeah the thing is youre a huge dorkus

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Looks like a cool movie

Oh absolutely.

I just saw no hint of a funny little sex comedy in that trailer and I mean, what's the point?

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Looks like a cool movie

Oh absolutely.

I just saw no hint of a funny little sex comedy in that trailer and I mean, what's the point?

honestly if you're gonna make psychedelic fantasy i think its a good target tho

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    Yeah the bulk of the Green Knight is about a sex/affair farce, it rules.

cursedking on
    Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    Eh, if I wanted to do Arthurian psychedelic fantasy I'd go with one of the grail knights. Weird visions and fighting unnatural monsters is Percival's game, Gawain is here to get mixed up in weird but sexy circumstances.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    I do think it would be cool to do a story about the year between the strokes of the beheading game with Gawain and what he does with that time. It's not described in the poem, really, so there's a lot to work with. Like, every day is you counting down to when you have to voluntarily go to this dude's castle to be killed. Is he way more reckless in his adventures? Is he super careful about everything? Is he trying to tie up loose ends in his life?

This movie might dig into that, which I think could be fun.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    I do think it would be cool to do a story about the year between the strokes of the beheading game with Gawain and what he does with that time. It's not described in the poem, really, so there's a lot to work with. Like, every day is you counting down to when you have to voluntarily go to this dude's castle to be killed. Is he way more reckless in his adventures? Is he super careful about everything? Is he trying to tie up loose ends in his life?

This movie might dig into that, which I think could be fun.

Spike Lee's 25th Hour but with Horses and Swords sounds pretty alright

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    I don't believe for a second The Green Knight is going to remain only in theaters for long. I don't think it's got the mainstream appeal to make nearly enough money without offering streaming too.

I would gladly pay $20 to stream it at home too.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular

The back half is better than the first half, and all joking aside, the first half was not actually needed for the "trick" they were doing to work.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Although I saw someone make the excellent suggestion of "FasTEN Your Seatbelts" for the 10th installment, the very concept of seatbelts seems to go against everything about these movies, so I expect they'll just do something like

FAST & FUR10US

Nah dude they definitely harness in at this point, they aren't even just using seatbelts anymore, they got the full 5 point harness on their rides.

This discussion has been closed.