As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Final Fantasy]: My Way!

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    FF7 Remake + Integrade announced for Epic Store (only), December 16th. Yay for more exclusivity.

https://youtu.be/O91o1-R3eEY

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I would totally buy it if I could JUST play the Yuffie scenario, it looks wonderful.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    I don't think Epic store games STAY exclusive.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular

Usually a year.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

yeah, im pretty sure they're just timed exclusives.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

yeah, im pretty sure they're just timed exclusives.

Maybe, but it's real annoying to see multiple layers of timed exclusivity going.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I would totally buy it if I could JUST play the Yuffie scenario, it looks wonderful.
    Can you not? It's a separate section in the menu.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Can you not? It's a separate section in the menu.

Some spoilers for the main game, and it's kind of tuned for people who are already familiar with the combat, but otherwise yeah you can do it whenever you wanna.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    FF7 Remake + Integrade announced for Epic Store (only), December 16th. Yay for more exclusivity.

https://youtu.be/O91o1-R3eEY

Shit. SHIT. Why the FUCK did they give so little time.

1.5 fucking years waiting for this, god dammit. Finally.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I've waited this long, I can wait until I don't have to support Epic.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »

Why is Epic bad again? Doesn't they give devs a bigger slice than Valve?

• Options
    Also this is one of the first $70 PC games, though I don't blame Epic (too) much, Square is also doing that with Forspoken on steam.

Though GMG is already selling Forspoken for 20% off, that's a thing that will never happen with Epic exclusives.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Also this is one of the first $70 PC games, though I don't blame Epic (too) much, Square is also doing that with Forspoken on steam.

Though GMG is already selling Forspoken for 20% off, that's a thing that will never happen with Epic exclusives.

It makes some sense for FF7 since it includes the DLC. Fuck everything about it for Forspoken, though.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

It makes some sense for FF7 since it includes the DLC. Fuck everything about it for Forspoken, though.

There's no option to separate the DLC.

This is just Square deciding that next(this?)-gen games launch for the same $70 on PC as on PS5.

rahkeesh2000 on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I'll wait for the standalone Yuffie Tenchu game with the DLC included.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options

Why is Epic bad again? Doesn't they give devs a bigger slice than Valve?

They do, but they'll also seek out indie devs for exclusivity deals and if the devs reject the deal Epic won't list their games on the Epic game store at all. It's a very "all or nothing" approach and it's a shitty decision those devs are forced to make.

Also, their storefront is atrociously bad and anecdotally a lot of my friends have had the worst time getting games to actually launch through Epic's interface.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Hey, hey.

Their storefront isn't that bad.

In fact, they just added a new feature after 3 years of support: a shopping cart.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Hey, hey.

Their storefront isn't that bad.

In fact, they just added a new feature after 3 years of support: a shopping cart.

Next up: showing the price of things!

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Some new stranger of paradise stuff!

https://square-enix-games.com/en_US/news/stranger-of-paradise-final-fantasy-origin-sophia-tiamat

Of particular note, a confirmation of at least a third tier of jobs! Oh man this job system is gonna be so much fun.

And also you can see ronin listed for jobs. Not sure if they showed that one before, I may have missed it but sweet!

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Here's the deal: It's being made by the people who made Nioh. It's going to be fun as hell to play.

Everything else is just icing.

• Options
    ztas86ru3zj2.png

JARK GARLAND

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    ztas86ru3zj2.png

JARK GARLAND

Could've been worse. Could've been Teve Torbes.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    It’s pronounced “Sheeeev.”

• Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    Steev Chaos better keep his head up.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    While I'm not a fan off FF7, this was pretty awesome!

wnia3q0vu8gn.jpg
    (sorry if it was already posted)

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Reminds me a lot of the fantastic clay Secret of Mana figures
    ghows-CO-fdc88fd2-49d6-4ebb-8f51-c3619dd04283-3d73f842.jpeg

Cruor on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    ztas86ru3zj2.png

JARK GARLAND

Of the New Hampshire Garlands.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    I thought I was going to hate Stranger of Paradise, but I found the latest demo oddly compelling and now I sort of can't wait for the full thing.

• Options
    vamen wrote: »
    I thought I was going to hate Stranger of Paradise, but I found the latest demo oddly compelling and now I sort of can't wait for the full thing.

It knows what it is and just plays right into the edge/camp nonsense so well. The clip of Jack Garland saying "Bullshit" and then blasting butt-rock on his phone while walking away from the person he was talking to really sold me on the game. Hopefully its exile on the EGS isn't too long, I'd love to pick it up when it's on Steam

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular

I downloaded the demo just to laugh at it and immediately got sucked in to the point where I had to delete it to keep me from grinding out the class trees.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

It knows what it is and just plays right into the edge/camp nonsense so well. The clip of Jack Garland saying "Bullshit" and then blasting butt-rock on his phone while walking away from the person he was talking to really sold me on the game. Hopefully its exile on the EGS isn't too long, I'd love to pick it up when it's on Steam

I'm still not sold that it's self-aware.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Looks like the FFVI remaster has a bit more effort put into it. This screenshot of the Opera scene looks like 2DHD or similar tech

• Options
    Whoa yeah, that looks like Celes's sprite is walking about a 3d-modeled castle set.

• Options
    They're just going to use the live orchestral recording at this rate.

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    It might just be something special for that one scene. Still, it's looking pretty good IMO

urodtcecef93.jpeg

• Options
    Yo, I wouldn't mind if we had English voices singing the opera this time. We have good rhyming lyrics for it, and I think it's been done officially in English at least once?

The fun thing is that those official performances even include the intended ending of the opera that gets totally squashed by Ultros showing up.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    If it's an english voice version might I interest you in a Bohemian Rhapsody style Rock Opera arrangement?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xFhULStbkQ

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    One of the best Kickstarters I ever backed. :D

• Options
    Talith wrote: »
    If it's an english voice version might I interest you in a Bohemian Rhapsody style Rock Opera arrangement?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xFhULStbkQ

Same album also has Nightmare Oath and Till we Meet Again; they really liked the opera sequence.

The above song is really neat, though. Taking the song and turning the story into a Romeo and Juliet family feud story thing is definitely interesting.

This discussion has been closed.