As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Knockout [Chat]

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    "Hi I'm Vee!" I have a 2015 MacBook Pro so I have never had an issue driving 3 displays. I just put 1 on the HDMI port and the other on mini displayport.

Apple didn't implement MST (multi stream transport) support in their display drivers for some reason. Dell suggests connecting 2 monitors like this: https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-us/000124312/dell-thunderbolt-dock-wd19tb-and-apple-usb-c-hosts?lang=en

Do you think this problem can be solved by just using two dongles instead of one, as @Honk suggested on the first page of this [chat]? I already have one that connects to a single monitor, if anything it would be cheaper for me to just buy a second one exactly like that and hook it up.

yes

two dongles, or one thunderbolt dock will do the trick.

I drove two 34" ultrawide monitors off of one macbook pro - the single port has a 40GB/s bandwidth, you just need an actual thunderbolt 3 hub on the other side of it to get multiple displays to be driven from that single port.

https://eshop.macsales.com/shop/owc-thunderbolt-dock

this, with two usb-c to displayport or hdmi cables, and you would only need to plug one thing into your laptop to both charge it and drive both displays.

Okay, I'm just going to get a second dongle, then, because I'm only using 2 of my 4 TB3 inputs atm.

vRyue2p.png
  • SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    It's like, a perfect 60F and sunny with a breeze out there right now

I'm gonna go eat ham and hasselback potatos later, but first I'm getting some riding in

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

Professional comedy human, everyone

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    This is why you never so much as learn your coworkers' names.

I work at home with my kids.

You know... the boy. And... the otherone.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

Me: Time to sacrifice a goat
    You: What, this is easy to explain!
    Me: TIME TO SACRIFICE A GOAT I KNOW WHAT I SEE

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    "Hi I'm Vee!" I have a 2015 MacBook Pro so I have never had an issue driving 3 displays. I just put 1 on the HDMI port and the other on mini displayport.

Apple didn't implement MST (multi stream transport) support in their display drivers for some reason. Dell suggests connecting 2 monitors like this: https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-us/000124312/dell-thunderbolt-dock-wd19tb-and-apple-usb-c-hosts?lang=en

Do you think this problem can be solved by just using two dongles instead of one, as Honk suggested on the first page of this [chat]? I already have one that connects to a single monitor, if anything it would be cheaper for me to just buy a second one exactly like that and hook it up.

yes

I drove two 34" ultrawide monitors off of one macbook pro - the single port has a 40GB/s bandwidth, you just need an actual thunderbolt 3 hub on the other side of it to get multiple displays to be driven from that single port.

this, with two usb-c to displayport or hdmi cables, and you would only need to plug one thing into your laptop to both charge it and drive both displays.

Okay, I'm just going to get a second dongle, then, because I'm only using 2 of my 4 TB3 inputs atm.

Why is everyone helping her get more display space, she's just going to fill it with more unused tabs!!!

• IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

Me: Time to sacrifice a goat
    You: What, this is easy to explain!
    Me: TIME TO SACRIFICE A GOAT I KNOW WHAT I SEE

*takes notes for fantasy world*

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    Also, if you were buying a veyron, ending up with the "lake" one would probably be a genuine concern, given the very small number of these vehicles and the motivation for that owner to pass it off onto some sucker rather than try to fix it
    The speciality car market is full of predators. My buddy (who passed away recently) did classic cars, had a model A, a Stanley steamer he couldn’t get working, a Hudson and a few other cars that are less impressive. But the way he talked about the classic car collector meetings it was like caveat emptor and people were screwing people so hard the entire show.

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »

Do you think this problem can be solved by just using two dongles instead of one, as Honk suggested on the first page of this [chat]? I already have one that connects to a single monitor, if anything it would be cheaper for me to just buy a second one exactly like that and hook it up.

yes

Why is everyone helping her get more display space, she's just going to fill it with more unused tabs!!!

Whoa whoa whoa, this is my work laptop, it's completely different!

...I haven't had nearly enough time to build up 100 tabs yet!

vRyue2p.png
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I've eaten so much chocolate I have a really bad headache. If only there had been a way to predict this

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    I made deviled eggs for the first time in my life.

They turned out ok. A bit too much mayo. Not bad though.

• OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    I just finished writing up my crowdfunding campaign and sent it off to family and friends.

Next, I am going to go throw up from anxiety.

zepherin wrote: »

Deviled eggs only take a couple times to dial in. When you make the filling it is better to ease in the mayo and mustard powder and taste, since you can always add more but adding more yolk is hard unless you have extra eggs.

I highly recommend curried deviled eggs. Gives it a good kick. Freaks out your stuffy traditionalist relatives.

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    Also, if you were buying a veyron, ending up with the "lake" one would probably be a genuine concern, given the very small number of these vehicles and the motivation for that owner to pass it off onto some sucker rather than try to fix it
    The speciality car market is full of predators. My buddy (who passed away recently) did classic cars, had a model A, a Stanley steamer he couldn’t get working, a Hudson and a few other cars that are less impressive. But the way he talked about the classic car collector meetings it was like caveat emptor and people were screwing people so hard the entire show.

Oh, for sure

Classic cars are even worse because it is much harder to verify history or provenance

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular

yes

Vee! No! *Gets spray bottle*

• AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Happy Easter, people with families

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »

Happy Easter, sister <3

fuck gendered marketing
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I bought Grandia 2 for the Dreamcast. I didn't know there was a remaster. Doh.

yes

Vee! No! *Gets spray bottle*

*hiss*

vRyue2p.png
  • ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    My girl is finally getting her own part.

Stone Ocean, everybody.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    jbbcr6j8ix8b.jpg

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

i am also making deviled eggs for the first time today

Atomika wrote: »

don't need a family to do the important part

namely eating too much chocolate

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »

Deviled eggs only take a couple times to dial in. When you make the filling it is better to ease in the mayo and mustard powder and taste, since you can always add more but adding more yolk is hard unless you have extra eggs.

I highly recommend curried deviled eggs. Gives it a good kick. Freaks out your stuffy traditionalist relatives.

crumbled bacon and Worcestershire sauce

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    here is my devilled egg recipe, in spoilers because it's long.
    you will need:
    Some bacon, this is for crumbling so you don't want like thick cut artisanal blah blah just get some bacon.
    Salt
    white pepper
    Worcestershire sauce
    mayo
    French's neon yellow mustard
    at least 12 eggs.

Now the holy grail is to find some that are already boiled and shelled, this turns the recipe from an arduous project lasting a day to some shit you throw together and look like a food magician.

So hard boil and then shell and peel at least 12 but preferably 18 eggs or even more.
    Split them in half and boop the yolk into a bowl. Set the egg boat aside.

Make 3-4 bacons per dozen eggs, until they are smashable not floppy, but also not burned of course. One bacon per 3 eggs I suppose.

Smash them bacons in a smasher of whatever sort, mortar & pestle, boxing, however you want. You want non-uniform bits but all smaller than fingernail size.

Into the bowl add like 2 teaspoon of w sauce and the bacon and a half tsp of the white pepper.

Squeeze at least a tablespoon of mustard and 2 of mayo in there. Mash all that up with a fork. Taste it until it seems right. Then stuff it into the eggs and eat!

How do you get to "tastes right?" The flavor levers you have are:

Not salty enough? more salt.
    Not umami enough? More w sauce.
    No tang? More mustard (but this is danger vinegar territory with the W sauce)
    Too lumpy? More mayo.
    Too smooth? More eggs, unfortunately. You have created a problem.
    Not bacon enough? Moar bacon (but this will add salt)
    No bite at all? More pepper.

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    there's four shops within say 10 mins walk of my house and then none others for like another 10-15 mins and all of them are closed for easter sunday

i get maybe small local shops but massive chains? Weird!

spool32 wrote: »

Sounds like a good plan too. Or I like it with a spicy relish.

• zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular

Oh, for sure

Classic cars are even worse because it is much harder to verify history or provenance

Sounds like classic cars need some blockchain.

Actually that might not be the most terrible use case for it...

• MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    pulled a neck muscle spring cleaning

i'm ded now

Sounds like a good plan too. Or I like it with a spicy relish.
    My wife asked if I used relish. I told her no. I don’t roll like that.

Also I went real simple. Mayo mustard apple cider vinegar worcester sauce salt pepper and a bit of paprika.

here is my devilled egg recipe, in spoilers because it's long.
    you will need:
    Some bacon, this is for crumbling so you don't want like thick cut artisanal blah blah just get some bacon.
    Salt
    white pepper
    Worcestershire sauce
    mayo
    French's neon yellow mustard
    at least 12 eggs.

Now the holy grail is to find some that are already boiled and shelled, this turns the recipe from an arduous project lasting a day to some shit you throw together and look like a food magician.

So hard boil and then shell and peel at least 12 but preferably 18 eggs or even more.
    Split them in half and boop the yolk into a bowl. Set the egg boat aside.

Make 3-4 bacons per dozen eggs, until they are smashable not floppy, but also not burned of course. One bacon per 3 eggs I suppose.

Smash them bacons in a smasher of whatever sort, mortar & pestle, boxing, however you want. You want non-uniform bits but all smaller than fingernail size.

Into the bowl add like 2 teaspoon of w sauce and the bacon and a half tsp of the white pepper.

Squeeze at least a tablespoon of mustard and 2 of mayo in there. Mash all that up with a fork. Taste it until it seems right. Then stuff it into the eggs and eat!

How do you get to "tastes right?" The flavor levers you have are:

Not salty enough? more salt.
    Not umami enough? More w sauce.
    No tang? More mustard (but this is danger vinegar territory with the W sauce)
    Too lumpy? More mayo.
    Too smooth? More eggs, unfortunately. You have created a problem.
    Not bacon enough? Moar bacon (but this will add salt)
    No bite at all? More pepper.

Note: it takes spool all day to boil eggs.

Presumably to build the fire underneath the cauldron first.

Oh, for sure

I went with him to buy some speciality spark plugs, and I’ve never seen someone inspect spark plugs so hard. And they were remanufactured plugs not even originals, but he was satisfied and purchased them.

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    there's four shops within say 10 mins walk of my house and then none others for like another 10-15 mins and all of them are closed for easter sunday

i get maybe small local shops but massive chains? Weird!

Really? It's just corner shops that stay open here. Otherwise it's christmas-like

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Ok so the nude saga

A texts B, ‘oh my god, are you awake? C is about a hair away from sending me a dick pic. Unfortunately it’s on snap so I can’t save it but please wake up!! You’re gonna miss out’

B texts A, ‘this is extremely uncool, it would be very disrespectful to forward a picture to me of someone’s genitals. Why are you flirting with C, anyway? You live with your fiancé’

A texts B, ‘no I wasn’t being inappropriate with him, it was all one sided!!’

C tells A, ‘wtf, she said it was one sided? No way, she sent me a nude pic first!! This is so messed up, I would never send someone a nude unsolicited’

The jury has convened

• TuminTumin Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    "It's on snap so I cant save it"? I'd like to call an expert witness to the stand

Tumin on
    @credeiki i just got an all time best scoring word in SpellTower because I remembered the word sessile from those earthquake books

Note that he doesn’t deny having sent a pic. He denies having sent one unsolicited. He claims she sent him a soapy titty pic first after much flirting. She denies this.

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I'm doing another prime rib roast for Easter dinner

I will master this cut

And no one else is having any, so, this will be very indulgent

This discussion has been closed.