As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Knockout [Chat]

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Chanus wrote: »
    “This is not going to generate some ganja fest at Jiffy Lube Pavilion out in the parking lot,” [Senator] Surovell said.

awww!

*kicks rocks*

Something about the invocation of a “jiffy lube pavilion” is so specific

I want to get high at the pavilion now

desc on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Krathoon wrote: »
    There is a new Ghostbusters trailer. Watch the beginning. Really, it is just the beginning that is new.
    https://youtu.be/CiaZ1Z4ZJoM

Ugh. Everything about this looks like it was designed by a committee.

Probably.

At least it kind of looks like a movie instead of 2 hours of comedians ad-libbing for the camera.

It looks like they spraypainted a nominal Ghostbusters skin onto a rejected Stranger Things episode vomited out by an AI trained entirely on market research surveys and focus groups

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    There is a new Ghostbusters trailer. Watch the beginning. Really, it is just the beginning that is new.

Probably.

At least it kind of looks like a movie instead of 2 hours of comedians ad-libbing for the camera.

It looks like they spraypainted a nominal Ghostbusters skin onto a rejected Stranger Things episode vomited out by an AI trained entirely on market research surveys and focus groups

I mean, I'm glad that Finn Wolfhard is getting work and all, but he's definitely becoming the "Supernatural Forces" cliche typecast teen.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

Probably.

I mean, I'm glad that Finn Wolfhard is getting work and all, but he's definitely becoming the "Supernatural Forces" cliche typecast teen.

I feel like him, Asa Butterfield, and others in that boat all need to go get a beer

Chris Mintz-Plasse maybe? Christ, Superbad was a long time ago.

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I spent years learning how to make a bow out of nothing more than a tree and then this guy comes along and makes me rethink upcycling

https://youtu.be/h8dOzljJncQ

Bow is cool and all but did you see the part where he on-the-spot crafts a bandolier out of a nearby vine for stringing his catches onto??

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    “This is not going to generate some ganja fest at Jiffy Lube Pavilion out in the parking lot,” [Senator] Surovell said.

awww!

*kicks rocks*

i didn't even know it's not Nissan Pavilion anymore

that's where i saw Nine Inch Nails and David Bowie on my 15th birthday

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited April 2021

awww!

*kicks rocks*

Shit that would be a great show

I saw them and Jane's Addiction back in '08 but I wasn't as much into Jane's

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular

Probably.

Paul Rudd looks like a knockoff Keanu Reaves.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    P10 wrote: »

lifehack: if you don't shoot a bow like this you're a fucking idiot

• Options

awww!

*kicks rocks*

Shit that would be a great show

I saw them and Jane's Addiction back in '08 but I wasn't as much into Jane's

it was amazing

i would have loved to see jane's addiction around the same time. not sure how they held up by 2008 heh

• Options

Probably.

I feel like him, Asa Butterfield, and others in that boat all need to go get a beer

Chris Mintz-Plasse maybe? Christ, Superbad was a long time ago.
    I think Asa Butterfield is doing fine. He's fantastic in "Sex Education"

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    I hire people to shoot bows for me.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021

Archers are LOSING IT

Winky on
  • Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCiI39JFudo

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Brody wrote: »

Probably.

Paul Rudd looks like a knockoff Keanu Reaves.

In that both of them look eternally young? Yes.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited April 2021

Probably.

Which I'd still take over yet another failed attempt to recreate Superbad.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    I was talking to the roommate with whom I share a bathroom and I was telling him how I want to get a bidet. And then he asked, what’s a bidet?

Hmm can I convert someone to the Golden Horde

Rival Crimea and Ryazan and attack in December 44

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Russia is the epitome of "hey get through the early game you're good to go."

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Honestly, what bothers me about that trailer is that it rubs me the wrong way to have Paul Rudd as an obvious fan-insert, directly quoting the 1984 movie as he stares agape at 80s memorabilia. It's very Ready Player One 'memberberries. "Hey, 'member Ecto-1?"

I assume the trailer isn't indicative of the finished film, though, because the trailer also doesn't look like a comedy. Other than the tiny marshmallow man shenanigans, nothing comical happens in that trailer. So maybe Paul Rudd being a fanboy is a relatively minor aspect.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited April 2021

Probably.

It kinda gives the impression Gozer might be back in some way or some kind of energy from Gozer. Maybe I am reading too much into it.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited April 2021

This motherfucker has another video where he curves arrows around shit

spool32 on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

It's a psyop to convince us that Ghostbusters 2016 was good

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Honestly, what bothers me about that trailer is that it rubs me the wrong way to have Paul Rudd as an obvious fan-insert, directly quoting the 1984 movie as he stares agape at 80s memorabilia. It's very Ready Player One 'memberberries. "Hey, 'member Ecto-1?"

I assume the trailer isn't indicative of the finished film, though, because the trailer also doesn't look like a comedy. Other than the tiny marshmallow man shenanigans, nothing comical happens in that trailer. So maybe Paul Rudd being a fanboy is a relatively minor aspect.

I'm hoping this one learns two things from the original:

1. Tight scripting and good scripted jokes will land just fine and should be done, whereas amazing ad-libs that come out of nowhere from the actors can make it better but should not be relied on.
    2. Tone it down with the creepy sex pest stuff

If they can hit both of these and remain reasonably creepy (the first was actually not nearly as cartoony as the rest of the stuff made out of the IP), I'll be ok with it.

• Options
    Seriously, Clueless was over 25 years ago, and Paul Rudd still looks like that young freshfaced college student. It ain't natural.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    i liked 2016 Ghostbusters even if parts of it were extremely stupid

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    fave comment from those videos "If this guy had lived centuries ago there would be legends about him that nobody believes"

spool32 on
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    50 years from now they should have another Ghostbusters reboot but with AI holograms of the original cast

and it's actually just the first Ghostbusters with nothing changed

the future is going to be amazing

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

I'm hoping this one learns two things from the original:

1. Tight scripting and good scripted jokes will land just fine and should be done, whereas amazing ad-libs that come out of nowhere from the actors can make it better but should not be relied on.
    2. Tone it down with the creepy sex pest stuff

If they can hit both of these and remain reasonably creepy (the first was actually not nearly as cartoony as the rest of the stuff made out of the IP), I'll be ok with it.

Meh, it's got Paul Rudd.

I'll watch it.

• Options
    I think the real Ghostbuster is the friends we made along the way.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    I think the real Ghostbuster is the friends we made along the way.

xfoZbFE.jpg

• Options
    i liked 2016 Ghostbusters even if parts of it were extremely stupid

Yeah. I thought it was fine. It needed a different actor playing the villain and maybe one more pass on the screenplay, but it wasn't Highlander 2 bad.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »

This motherfucker has another video where he curves arrows around shit

For what it's worth Lars is completely hated in every single archery community, and the biggest claim to fame of Hollywood embracing his shit was that he was the technical advisor for that Taron Edgerton(?) Jamie Foxx robin hood movie.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options

Probably.

It kinda gives the impression Gozer might be back in some way or some kind of energy from Gozer. Maybe I am reading too much into it.

I'm guessing that beam of light we saw shoot out of the ground was from the containment unit, long buried and now failing.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Time to go put some money on Jake Paul winning a boxing match.

Words I just said with disbelief.

• Options
    Archers HATE him! You won't BELIEVE why!

• Options
    For what it's worth Lars is completely hated in every single archery community, and the biggest claim to fame of Hollywood embracing his shit was that he was the technical advisor for that Taron Edgerton(?) Jamie Foxx robin hood movie.

Why? Just curious.

• Options

Probably.

I'm guessing that beam of light we saw shoot out of the ground was from the containment unit, long buried and now failing.

Also the giant paw slamming down on the car hood which I took as one of the doggos

This discussion has been closed.