Options

Why do we want [Webcomics]?

klemmingklemming Registered User regular
Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    (reposted from last page of previous thread)

idUi89A.jpg

xkcd

I'm particularly fond of the alt text.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    XrEpVB9.png

Vattu
    . Yes, them.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    iCHp6r9.png

Drive
    has diplomatic niceties.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Starting a new webcoms thread titled "why do we want webcomics" and then just dumbing of age feels like a very leading question.

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    I was gonna make a webcomic thread entitled: "Webcomics, a threat on our neighborhoods?" with the following as the OP:
    Webcomics.

Love them or hate them, webcomics are a part of our lives. Infesting our neighborhoods with their concrete surfaces, invading our buildings with their snakey lights and crosswalks, webcomics are a-

I'm being informed that I'm talking about roads, not webcomics.

Ah well.

Here, have a sample.

n2kxbq3w7bu5.png

m141tjphr59b.jpg

u5mnbvc5tme8.jpg

And remember...

He is always watching.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular

Tweeter is MerryWeather, comic is sfw but a few of the others on their feed feature scantily clad anime girls, the safety of which will vary from workplace to workplace.

• Options
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Extra Fabulous Comics continues to be the only one actually fucking innovating and pushing webcomics forward

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    Yay! Webcomics!

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    No, it's Yaaaaaaaay Newfriend

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Huh. So if they have an MG, like, build a magical bridge or something, it all just falls apart when their powers fade a few years down the road?

There must be a constant revolving door of "infrastructure" MGs

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Extra Fabulous Comics continues to be the only one actually fucking innovating and pushing webcomics forward

*tears down 'this is my hole it was made for me' poster*

*replaces it with poster-sized print of this comic*

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Should I understand what just happened on the latest Kill Six Billion Demons update?

• Options
    Should I understand what just happened on the latest Kill Six Billion Demons update?

They're setting up for Final Destination, No Items.

• Options
  • Options
    Peewi wrote: »

What does that mean?

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

What does that mean?

It's a reference to Smash Bros, a fighting videogame. She's levitating the island so that after the binding wears off Jagganoth, they can fight without collateral damage to the surrounding city.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options

What does that mean?

In the comic Aspected Chaos appears to be lifting (what's left of) the island arena up into the sky, and it will somewhat resemble the Final Destination stage from Super Smash Bros (a flat platform). Presumably they will continue fighting once the island is high in the sky.

Final Destination, No Items (sometimes Fox Only, Final Destination, No Items) is a meme based on Super Smash Bros Melee tournaments.

Also, the alt-text for the page is "Final Destination, No Items".

• Options
    Oh, thanks, I haven't played too much of any Smash Bros games

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I feel like trying to avoid collateral damage at this point is uh, not really helping. Half the city got nuked when the dude showed up.

Perhaps, and this is just a theory, shit jus looks cool as hell all floating in the sky. If you're gonna fight a 30 foot tall naked man after triple merging into an 18.8 foot tall rainbow goddess you gotta be extra.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    I think she might be sending them into another dimension too, just levitating it seems like it would be insufficient

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular
    I feel like this is the exact conversation happening between the three of them in their shared headspace

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Levitating? I thought she was rebuilding the arena out of the ashes. All that stuff was obliterated, now it's back.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Levitating? I thought she was rebuilding the arena out of the ashes. All that stuff was obliterated, now it's back.

The ruins along the edge of the island is what survived when Jagganoth first showed up. The last two panels clearly show the island rising out of the water.

EDIT: The ruins are visible at multiple points throughout the chapter, as recently as three pages ago.

Peewi on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    OGLAF is a NSFW comic
    This week is a brochure about the forbidden woods

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    I feel like trying to avoid collateral damage at this point is uh, not really helping. Half the city got nuked when the dude showed up.

Perhaps, and this is just a theory, shit jus looks cool as hell all floating in the sky. If you're gonna fight a 30 foot tall naked man after triple merging into an 18.8 foot tall rainbow goddess you gotta be extra.

Think about it.

Solomon David has been fighting this entire time considering collateral damage and avoiding it as much as possible, and half the city got nuked still.

The damage that has been inflicted at this point might as well be children knocking over a vase play-wrestling.

I don't think Solomon David will go all out, but at least raising the city chunk will bring him from a 25% to a 50% perhaps, and they need every bit from him they can get.

Also yeah it's gonna be fly as hell.

• Options
    K8s54MR.png

Vattu
    . Long live the king!

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    I like how Incubus seems to be having a bit of a low key freakout in the background these last few updates.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Bakrah: That's Bullshit This whole thing is bullshit. That's a scam. Fuck the church, here's 95 reasons why.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    I still can't tell if Bakrah is supposed to be a really well-funded foreign spy or whether he's just an ambitious idiot. He's certainly never hesitated to gamble that the locals take religion less seriously than they say they do, which works right up until one is filleted for blasphemy, I suppose.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Realized I've been forgetting to post Viral Hit, so here's last Monday's, and here's last Thursday's, kicking off one of the best arcs in the series.

• Options
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.