Options

Why do we want [Webcomics]?

1457910100

Posts

  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    But see that's the thing, Jagganoth has, as far as I remember, never even acknowledged Zaid. His focus is 100% on The Big Lady. He monologued at them! Like, if the villain monologs at you then you're the canonical protagonist. So it seems like Jagganoth is well aware Zoss chose Allison as the heir.

  • Options
    Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    But see that's the thing, Jagganoth has, as far as I remember, never even acknowledged Zaid. His focus is 100% on The Big Lady. He monologued at them! Like, if the villain monologs at you then you're the canonical protagonist. So it seems like Jagganoth is well aware Zoss chose Allison as the heir.

    He's 100% aware because Incubus told him to his face.

    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Or like, does a former angel, a college sorority sister and demon combined into a huge rainbow entity even have a gender?

    The angel is a she, the demon is a she, and the sister is a she, so I suspect the gestalt is also a she. And what do you mean, "former"? White Chain is still an angel, as far as we know. Just with a more fleshy body.

    Elaro on
    Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Ok so doesn't that mean that Jagganoth should know that something is off this time? Like, if a billion trillion other times its gone exactly one way, following all the same steps, but this time it doesn't then you'd be worried, right? What does he know that we don't yet?

  • Options
    Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I think, explicitly and implicitly, Jagganoth does not care who Zoss chose or intended to choose as the heir. Jagganoth is just convinced of his utter, absolute power and he has the knowledge in his soul that this is true. He is implacable, unmerciful, and is something that cannot be punched. This is a comic whose underlying theme has been "hey! the violence necessary to perpetuate the system is bad!" and Jagganoth is....the violence of the system.

    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • Options
    Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Elaro wrote: »
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Or like, does a former angel, a college sorority sister and demon combined into a huge rainbow entity even have a gender?

    The angel is a she, the demon is a she, and the sister is a she, so I suspect the gestalt is also a she. And what do you mean, "former"? White Chain is still an angel, as far as we know. Just with a more fleshy body.

    Considering that the title of the comic where White Chain gains flesh is called Apotheosis, I think it's a fair shake to say she's something more than angel now.

    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Elaro wrote: »
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Or like, does a former angel, a college sorority sister and demon combined into a huge rainbow entity even have a gender?

    The angel is a she, the demon is a she, and the sister is a she, so I suspect the gestalt is also a she. And what do you mean, "former"? White Chain is still an angel, as far as we know. Just with a more fleshy body.

    Fair point. I just assumed former cause she ain't got the big ole spooky eyeball wings no more?

    This is the one downside to this comic. There's so much gotdang lore I feel like I have to go back and reread the thing every time a new page drops because there's so much stuff I just straight up can't remember. Do ya'll keep notes or something?

  • Options
    Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Elaro wrote: »
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Or like, does a former angel, a college sorority sister and demon combined into a huge rainbow entity even have a gender?

    The angel is a she, the demon is a she, and the sister is a she, so I suspect the gestalt is also a she. And what do you mean, "former"? White Chain is still an angel, as far as we know. Just with a more fleshy body.

    Fair point. I just assumed former cause she ain't got the big ole spooky eyeball wings no more?

    This is the one downside to this comic. There's so much gotdang lore I feel like I have to go back and reread the thing every time a new page drops because there's so much stuff I just straight up can't remember. Do ya'll keep notes or something?

    I've read it four times at least. It's very rewarding on subsequent readthroughs, because all this shit has been planned since page 1.

    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Elaro wrote: »
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Or like, does a former angel, a college sorority sister and demon combined into a huge rainbow entity even have a gender?

    The angel is a she, the demon is a she, and the sister is a she, so I suspect the gestalt is also a she. And what do you mean, "former"? White Chain is still an angel, as far as we know. Just with a more fleshy body.

    Fair point. I just assumed former cause she ain't got the big ole spooky eyeball wings no more?

    This is the one downside to this comic. There's so much gotdang lore I feel like I have to go back and reread the thing every time a new page drops because there's so much stuff I just straight up can't remember. Do ya'll keep notes or something?

    She does have the eyeball wings.

  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I think, explicitly and implicitly, Jagganoth does not care who Zoss chose or intended to choose as the heir. Jagganoth is just convinced of his utter, absolute power and he has the knowledge in his soul that this is true. He is implacable, unmerciful, and is something that cannot be punched. This is a comic whose underlying theme has been "hey! the violence necessary to perpetuate the system is bad!" and Jagganoth is....the violence of the system.

    See now I'm thinking, what if he knows somethings off and he sees this as his chance to finally break the cycle himself? Like, Allison being the heir was a big enough monkey wrench in the gears he feels like he can use his ridiculous unpuncheable invincibleness to take the key and exploit the weakness while the whole things is off the tracks for the moment? Like maybe for the first time it's anyone's game instead of an immutable, law?


    Aistan wrote: »
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Elaro wrote: »
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Or like, does a former angel, a college sorority sister and demon combined into a huge rainbow entity even have a gender?

    The angel is a she, the demon is a she, and the sister is a she, so I suspect the gestalt is also a she. And what do you mean, "former"? White Chain is still an angel, as far as we know. Just with a more fleshy body.

    Fair point. I just assumed former cause she ain't got the big ole spooky eyeball wings no more?

    This is the one downside to this comic. There's so much gotdang lore I feel like I have to go back and reread the thing every time a new page drops because there's so much stuff I just straight up can't remember. Do ya'll keep notes or something?

    She does have the eyeball wings.

    Goddammit see this is what I'm talking about I'm gonna have to go buy a cork board and start plotting stuff out.

  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    To be fair I did just go back and re-read those pages two days ago.

  • Options
    notyanotya Registered User regular
    So do we think Abbadon is gonna explain things clearly by the end, or leave it kind of mysterious/arcane/up to interpertation?

  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I think we'll understand enough. It won't be a Homestuck situation that's for sure.

  • Options
    Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Madican wrote: »
    I think we'll understand enough. It won't be a Homestuck situation that's for sure.

    Jagganoth hates time travel dot gif

    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Two things there that stick out to me.

    The focus on a "boy" being chosen. It would seem to matter that this time a girl has been chosen but so far nobody has really asked why. Indeed before Jags nobody even seemed to realize that he had before. This isn't new information but the more it gets repeated the more clear it is an intentional detail.

    And the other is just me being a nerd. A sword you say!?!?

    The only one who believes that Zaid isn't the intended holder of the key this time round is Incubus
    It seems to me that Jaggs has all but said he is aware that Allison is the real successor this time around or else explaining that the successor always succeeds until faces with him wouldnt make as much sense.

    But maybe I'm completely off.

    Quire.jpg
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    I think we'll understand enough. It won't be a Homestuck situation that's for sure.

    Jagganoth hates time travel dot gif

    Imagine all those failed Heirs showing up at once to the final battle. He would lose his shit.

  • Options
    Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/seeker-of-thrones-4-30/

    Right there.

    Incubus tells Jagg to his face "she's the real successor, dogg"

    Jagg does. Not. Care.

    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    I'm guessing it goes the same way every time.

    Plucky hero shows up to Jagganoth with the key. Jagganoth gives the spiel. Plucky hero refuses and vowes to win with the power of friendship, plucky hero is murdered, Zoss resets the wheel so Jagganoth can never do what he wants to do.

    I thjink that shores up his "He's done this as much as there is water in the ocean" and "He never loses." He always wins, it's just Zoss resets and tries again as long as that key is not given up willingly.

    Transporter on
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Jagganoth still thinks Allison is like all the other heirs. Incubus saying she wields all the power of the True King means nothing to him because he's already fought uncountable numbers of people who could do the same thing.

    What Jagganoth has failed to realize yet is that Allison doesn't wield all the power of the True King. Her potential is technically limitless but she alone among the Heirs made the choice not to pursue that potential. Alter Allison in Mammoth's Vault is what she could have been, wielding the primordial fires of creation in ways none of the demiurges ever could and unknowingly doing the same thing as all previous Heirs. Zoss even comments he had thoughts things would be different this time when it happens.

    Allison will not defeat Jagganoth in combat. She can't, she doesn't have the strength or power because she has chosen not to take that path. How she will defeat him is unclear as of yet, but I do not see an outcome where she busts out a flashy final move that actually works on him short of it being a "wake the hell up, stupid, and open your eyes" sort of deal.

  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Allison will bust a move and jagg will end up stuck in a time prison

  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    this is definitely going to end with allison reaching super saiyan 2 and then cell will get beaten up real good and the earth will be saved, yep

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Getting really strong Legacy of Kain "What if you threw a coin enough times that it landed on its edge" vibes

  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Aspected Chaos is going to turn 90 degrees outside of the wheel and give it a good sharp kick. Jagganog isn't going to comprehend it.

    Probably should be noted that this form was titled "The Fool", which is almost certainly referring to the tarot and associated meanings.

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Aspected Chaos is going to turn 90 degrees outside of the wheel and give it a good sharp kick. Jagganog isn't going to comprehend it.

    Probably should be noted that this form was titled "The Fool", which is almost certainly referring to the tarot and associated meanings.

    Oh so that's why when she used it she removed all the players except the leader from the field.

    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    The comic is definitely just going to explain everything that's important it'll just take a couple updates

    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    The "more than drops in the ocean" thing reminded me of one of the places where the Order Of The Stick just hit the mark perfectly:

    kEBr2yg.png?1
    In the print version, it's split over four pages, so the first one is the first 'page' from the website, second one is the top half of the universes, and the third/fourth are the so-many-universes page, which does a remarkably good job of preserving the sense of awe as you scroll down, while still being on paper.

    And this was a dense period of great OOTS's -- this one is 9 strips after the "yer me" strip, which again was some fantastic pacing.

    djmitchella on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    abaddon has indicated that while this is the final chapter, we could easily be in for another two years of pages

    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Final chapter? I thought this was the penultimate book?

  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Final chapter? I thought this was the penultimate book?

    https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/kill-six-billion-demons-breaker-of-infinities/

    The alt-text on the title page explicitly says "This is the final book"

    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    I am thinking that Jagganoth know lot less than he thinks.
    He is rebelling against the cycle, just as he does in every cycle, and all he is doing is following the comfortable path he has built himself over endless repeats.
    He can't breat the cycle, he is a part of it.

  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    we were all asking about the jaggahog when we should have thought of the jagganog

    his noggin

    the brain part

    his lack of knowledge here, is what i'm getting at

    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »

    I'm reminded of the line Sgt Johnson (from Halo: Combat Evolved) gives when one of his subordinates asks him to turn down his music.

    Nah, I'm not gonna quote it, y'all gonna have to remember it for yourselves.

    Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Elaro wrote: »
    klemming wrote: »

    I'm reminded of the line Sgt Johnson (from Halo: Combat Evolved) gives when one of his subordinates asks him to turn down his music.

    Nah, I'm not gonna quote it, y'all gonna have to remember it for yourselves.

    I don't know that quote, nor am I going to look it up

    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Darmak wrote: »
    Elaro wrote: »
    klemming wrote: »

    I'm reminded of the line Sgt Johnson (from Halo: Combat Evolved) gives when one of his subordinates asks him to turn down his music.

    Nah, I'm not gonna quote it, y'all gonna have to remember it for yourselves.

    I don't know that quote, nor am I going to look it up

    Darmak, play more Halo:CE, ya goobus.


    ...



    EDIT: removed

    Elaro on
    Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Dang you're gonna build it up that much and then misquote it?
    https://youtu.be/TTkqFFeXPTg?t=1m10s

  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Dang you're gonna build it up that much and then misquote it?
    https://youtu.be/TTkqFFeXPTg?t=1m10s

    See, this is why I wasn't going to quote it. Because, after a perfunctory search on Youtube, I had to quote it from memory, and my memory isn't that great.

    Children's rights are human rights.
This discussion has been closed.