As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Monster Hunter] Breaking the sun in 2022

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    utsushi is for males only, channeler/medium set is for females only. same skills but different visuals

Aha, that explains things. Forgot MH does that occasionally.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Helmet on MR magnamalo samurai set ruins it with the dumb wig hanging out the back.

Thankfully you can replace it with the LR/HR one and it becomes perfect.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Goldthian having no 45 hitboxes except it's tail tip (and head when enraged), but a 44 hitbox, feels like a troll specifically aimed at Dualies. No spiral slash for you!

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    clutch claw: miss me yet?

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    Goldthian having no 45 hitboxes except it's tail tip (and head when enraged), but a 44 hitbox, feels like a troll specifically aimed at Dualies. No spiral slash for you!

if it's anything like world, the head hitbox will change to 50-60? when broken, but good luck getting there

I still haven't fired up the update myself

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Yeah, when Rathian goes nuclear reactor mode and it breaks, her face becomes soft like mashed potatoes.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Naphtali wrote: »
    milski wrote: »

if it's anything like world, the head hitbox will change to 50-60? when broken, but good luck getting there

I still haven't fired up the update myself

I think the head hitbox goes super soft only when it's in blue-fire mode, which can happen whether or not it's enraged.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    right but the hzv should also change when the part is broken, in addition to the enrage. but that's how it was in world so mmv

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Gold Rathian was 1000% easier than silver rathalos. Where silver has fast, erratic attacks in multiple directions, gold seems to mostly do the same kind of stuff as a regular rathian. Specifically she spams the 'hang in the air and do a 360 tail flip twice in a row' move and its laughably simple to avoid for anyone getting to this point.

I just did the MR allmother and that's still a really fun fight, and heavenly dance along her entire length is possibly the most satisfying thing in the game.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    You probably could've skipped Ninja given the general aesthetic of Rise/SB.

honestly, it wasn't super easy to find a good ninja aesthetic i liked. there's a lot more samurai armors than ninja ones i feel.

Fair. I think my headspace was that the base starting Kamura set is already straight from Naruto. That supplements the Utushi's set(s) and Narga, with maybe also the Chameleos head if you have the corresponding body type.

wait, is the utsushi set paid DLC? As for chameleos, it's only the HR version that looks remotely ninja-y and i didn't have the mats for that.

utsushi is from a subreak quest I think

i am gorl in Monster hunter land.

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    They released a new wave of paid DLC cosmetics and since i always buy them with my accumulated gold coins/Extra leftovers from other purchases over time i bought the Fio and Utsushi layered armor sets

I expecting them to be the armor.

They are not.

Equipping these layered armors completely turns you into Utsushi and Fios models complete with hairstyle. Regardless of gender

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Zunde wrote: »
    They released a new wave of paid DLC cosmetics and since i always buy them with my accumulated gold coins/Extra leftovers from other purchases over time i bought the Fio and Utsushi layered armor sets

They are not.

Equipping these layered armors completely turns you into Utsushi and Fios models complete with hairstyle. Regardless of gender

yeah, they said that in the MonsterHunter Direct.

I don't really get the point lmao.

• Options

They are not.

they added the voice packs too so you can do a full cosplay

i don't really care but i can imagine there's lots of people out there who want to play as fiorayne

(world had some full body skins for some of the collab quests, like the RE2, Witcher, and Horizon events)

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »

They are not.

i don't really care but i can imagine there's lots of people out there who want to play as fiorayne

(world had some full body skins for some of the collab quests, like the RE2, Witcher, and Horizon events)
    Rise also has similar event skins for Akuma and Arthur.

• Options
    cB557 wrote: »

They are not.

Rise also has similar event skins for Akuma and Arthur.

I'll say what we're all thinking: You should be allowed to kill a trapped monster with the Shun Goku Satsu

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Tried out a mod that makes the final hit be in slow-mo and dang, now I want that to be a default setting in the game.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    how complicated a process is modding

does it mess up every pstch or anything

i'm tempted to add that one and the multiplayer damage counter but if it requires any maintenance or effort i won't bother

Elendil on
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited August 2022

i'm tempted to add that one and the multiplayer damage counter but if it requires any maintenance or effort i won't bother

Some mods might break due to updates, yeah.

Why run damage counters?

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Well I had another mod installed (60fps cutscenes) and I didn't have to update it with the most recent patch. If you use Nexus Mods, they have a mod manager that keeps mods updated automatically for you. (Not using it now, but I've used it before and it works well).

So far, modding the game is just a matter of dragging and dropping some folders into your game, nothing is overwritten.

Edit: Word of caution: if you go into Nexus Mods, you will see a stupid amount of "naked hunter" mods.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Satsumomo wrote: »

Edit: Word of caution: if you go into Nexus Mods, you will see a stupid amount of "naked hunter" mods.

if having a naked hunter using their massive dong as a greatsword is wrong then I dont want to be right. :D

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Qurious crafting, via reddit
    q3eeozwdzah91.png

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    I'm MR 70 and I keep seeing references to "when you have a quirio" and "quirio crafting". Have I missed something? Mr100 thing?

• Options
    I think you have to do the first of Arlow’s new quests to unlock it. I started qurio crafting before I hit 70.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    it's new stuff as of this patch, needs afflicted investigation materials to unlock. talking to the bahari should unlock the investigations

• Options

Why run damage counters?
    so i can gauge how well i'm performing in multiplayer hunts and then grow increasingly toxic and competitive and start kicking people who aren't contributing enough and then finally hit the end stage of toxicity where i begin kicking people for doing more damage than me

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

Why run damage counters?
    so i can gauge how well i'm performing in multiplayer hunts and then grow increasingly toxic and competitive and start kicking people who aren't contributing enough and then finally hit the end stage of toxicity where i begin kicking people for doing more damage than me

I uh

Hm

I mean okay, as long as you know what you want lol

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    I am very happy not knowing how much damage I'm contributing compared to other players

• Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular

The re framework dps meter was super easy, just moving some files around

It did break when Sunbreak came out but there haven't been any issues with the other patches

• Options
    I decided to dip my toes into multi this week after playing through all of the content up to this update solo.

Investigations seem to go fine, and much quicker than doing them solo.

Individual hunts, on the other hand... I had one a bit ago where the targets were a Gold Rathian and Furious Rajang. The Rathian died just as I got on the scene, and the Rajang was right there, so we got it down to weakened state fairly quickly. And then someone captured it. Meaning we got nothing from the Rathian, since no one had a chance to carve it.

Like... why would you do that?

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    Better to cap than to risk carting I guess.

Also I am at 5 51+ anomaly investigations cleared with no A5* targets. This is stupid.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    I haven’t been able to really grind in this title update at all. I think I may just need to stop monster huntering for a while.

Edit: I've put a lot of hours into 2 separate games and I just think there's nothing new enough for me to jump back in right now. I might even wait until the next TU.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    you really need to do multiplayer to make much headway into the investigations; investigations seed similar investigations so playing solo you're gonna climb the ranks on the same few monsters, never work towards the rotating targets, etc

if you just do a multiplayer search, you might find an active investigation for your target, you'll get your own for it afterward, and then you'll start getting other investigations of the same tier from that

it's honestly a weirdly hostile progression system

in the meantime i've gotten some pretty nice rolls on stuff; extra attack boost on the malzeno legs, chain crit on the rondine chest, lost rapid morph but picked up chain crit on death stench legs, which is a very nice trade, similarly traded resentment for rapid morph on the final boss chest piece

targeting the kushala blessing and teo blessing pieces next, since the blessing skills are irreplaceable but the pieces themselves are kind of ass.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    So how does the random armor skilling play with Narwa and Ibushi armor? Havent gotten on to check but Stormsoul seems like it could do silly things there?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    So how does the random armor skilling play with Narwa and Ibushi armor? Havent gotten on to check but Stormsoul seems like it could do silly things there?
    They have their own augment pool that can't roll random skills and have a higher chance of slots.

Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyeoOUV6GbI

video goes over and has a link to a spreadsheet dataminers have built out on how the armor augment system works, what possible rolls there are, etc. worth a look

Naphtali on
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnhnyqyFLHA
    jesus this game is so fucking fun

i love this weapon

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Barrakketh wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »
    They have their own augment pool that can't roll random skills and have a higher chance of slots.

Aww.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnhnyqyFLHA
    jesus this game is so fucking fun

i love this weapon

I just did some hunts with the swaxe and I'm really digging how easy it is to move between morph states now. Can't wait to get to the later game to do all what you just did in that vid, it just looks stupid fun.

• Options
    Beat Scorned Magnamalo, farmed like 10 seared bagels to get a couple mantles, now have most every endgame viable dual blade and access to most A5* monster. Think I'm gonna call it until the next TU.

The good thing is that the anomaly quests and the variant monsters let me get that last bit of MR farming in and were quite fun, and online anomaly investigations felt way less chunky and nerve wracking than solo, and the flexibility and boosts to weapon power were nice. The bad thing is that in spite of all the flexibility added, it still feels like 3 and especially 4 slot decos are a joke, which makes a whole lot of potentially viable gear unviable, and weapon upgrades are a tremendous chore for dualies and their (checks notes) 5 required and 3 more viable endgame setups.

I ate an engineer