As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warframe] WHEEE x69

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    tisn't

BahamutZERO.gif
  • kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    could have sworn that's how I got mine. You should get one free pick from the offerings of that tier, helminth is rank 3 from son right?

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    why's blind fury the best one?

People tend to like how it controls and get better results over other options that can hit higher numbers but make it harder to stay on a target. Also it has a dashing attack.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Alternative answer: It looks coolest.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    Alternative answer: It looks coolest.

It does look cooler, I also just prefer the movement on it to tranquil cleave.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Also I'm doing way better with ash prime now that I got a couple ranks on arcane energize and I'm using Zenurik (whatever the power one's called) specifically the power regaining operator dodge. Makes a huge survivability difference when you can regain power and keep your abilities running on ash prime.

Though I have been playing a lot of proxima which feels built for necro mechs though swear to god it feels like my guns have been f'ing nerfed. I can take the hits on my necro but feel like I'm doing pissant damage in return. Like to finish a boss kill I had to swap to ash prime after I repeatedly mag dumped and did shit. Two blade storms and that boss pissed off to fuck you town.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    kralizecc wrote: »
    could have sworn that's how I got mine. You should get one free pick from the offerings of that tier, helminth is rank 3 from son right?

Entirely possible it may have been in the past, but I didn’t see it when I ranked up!

It was not an option when I ranked up either Mori

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited February 2022
    Its funny I really wanted the helminth, unlocked it, fed it some frames, and haven't really used it beyond that? Then again I've been using frames that have 4 good abilities. And things like Protea or Khora's would require me to give up a harder to come by frame.

Also I love the railjack Cephalon.

"Incoming B team."

"This is a category 5 void storm, THATS THE HIGHEST LEVEL BY THE WAY!"

I want him to be my normal Cephalon. "Spying usually involves not getting caught, just saying."

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited February 2022
    I like basically every cephalon, Cy and Ordis in particular a lot. I would like the option to go back to Ordis' old portrait after new war though, his new look doesn't suit him imo. The cephalons are much more interesting as disembodied shapes than marketable mascot buddies.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Its funny I really wanted the helminth, unlocked it, fed it some frames, and haven't really used it beyond that? Then again I've been using frames that have 4 good abilities. And things like Protea or Khora's would require me to give up a harder to come by frame.

"Incoming B team."

I want him to be my normal Cephalon. "Spying usually involves not getting caught, just saying."

Optimists inbound.

• DacDac Registered User regular
    I've been using Naramon since Focus 2.0 because of Power Spike and I'm lazy, but in finally leveling other trees, I realize that most of the people I've played with have, like, an unleveled Zenurik bubble or something, because even rank 2 is utterly fucking ridiculous. I kinda wish DE had pulled the bandaid off and killed it with Focus 2.0.

Or, made the other trees have stuff good enough that you might pass up 4-5 energy regen per second that's trivially easy to maintain. Not sure what that would even look like, tbh. Unairu gets a buff that reduces damage taken by 75-90%? Vazarin passive global lifesteal? Madurai an additional multiplicative damage bonus/make the ones it has like 3-4x stronger? Even then, I feel like people would still overwhelmingly play Zenurik.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Ranlin wrote: »

"Incoming B team."

Optimists inbound.

We are boarded. Aim for the head, and may the saints look away.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Cephalon Cy is so much fun, yeah.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy

"Incoming B team."

Optimists inbound.

If I was tasked with trying to board a Tenno railjack I think I'd just turn my gun on myself. More painless.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I have acquired the Helminth! Didn’t take long at all to get the 15k rep.

Dac wrote: »

"Incoming B team."

Optimists inbound.

If I was tasked with trying to board a Tenno railjack I think I'd just turn my gun on myself. More painless.

I mean its such a shit assignment assuming you make the railjack and that's a big assumption, you're going to die a hundred other ways.

And I think the strength of Zenurik is just power is the limitation on massive damage and it removes that as a problem. Like I was having issues on my ash prime with survability until I unlocked that power circle and then I could control when I had power AND also give it to team mates which is massive.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Well yeah, back in the day, everything used to be based around the energy economy. Now, between energy pizzas, Arcane Energize, Zenurik, etc. there is no energy limit unless you're just starting out. (I honestly sometimes wish there was a mod or helminth chair ability that would turn your warframe into a Lavos-style cooldown based thing just to completely remove any thought of it.)

Not a shocker in any game, really, that having the power to spam your abilities and not having to worry about mana/energy/etc. is potent.

Well yeah, back in the day, everything used to be based around the energy economy. Now, between energy pizzas, Arcane Energize, Zenurik, etc. there is no energy limit unless you're just starting out. (I honestly sometimes wish there was a mod or helminth chair ability that would turn your warframe into a Lavos-style cooldown based thing just to completely remove any thought of it.)

Not a shocker in any game, really, that having the power to spam your abilities and not having to worry about mana/energy/etc. is potent.

And content is balanced around this is the problem. Like "end" game is definitely balanced around power spam, OP weapons etc. Doing proxima survival without Zenurik and arcane energize vs with them is a night and day experience.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Indeed. It's partly why I really enjoyed The New War.
    Taking away all my toys and no-thought overpowered abilities, bringing me back down to ground, really made me appreciate the game a lot more. It's super easy to take for granted when you're just skimming through maps exploding everything in sight with a single click.

Back in the day is kindof identical to now from my perspective. I've been a huge proponent of power restores since they only had one size. took longer to stockpile but was still a cornerstone of early badassery.

I think the energy economy you're referring to is mostly a reflection of the fact that a more significant portion of the population at the time played like new players, with many being less prone to putting effort into idealized builds and play styles.

Taking away all my toys and no-thought overpowered abilities, bringing me back down to ground, really made me appreciate the game a lot more. It's super easy to take for granted when you're just skimming through maps exploding everything in sight with a single click.

New War spoilers

I get that and it was fun, but at the same time turning everything into a stealth mission for a bit kind of felt assy. I'd have preferred just being locked into a cool new frame and its powers for a bit.

pleasepaypreacher.net

New War spoilers

I get that and it was fun, but at the same time turning everything into a stealth mission for a bit kind of felt assy. I'd have preferred just being locked into a cool new frame and its powers for a bit.
    The parts where you were allowed to go hot with the new amp and then the OP bow were good though.

edited February 2022
    I wish arcane energize were more possible to get reasonably, it seems like the only people with high ranked energizes are like, run 5000 tridolons players and people who were around to spam the hell out of one specific event long ago
    I'm aiming to get the 3x arcane energizes from the current nightwave but that's still just a singe rank 1 arcane

oh also just unveiled a trumna riven, after literally finishing building one yesterday and being absolutely in love with it, RNG smiles on me sometimes.
    although with only 2 star riven disposition is a riven even gonna be good enough to replace any of the really strong standard mods...

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif

And content is balanced around this is the problem. Like "end" game is definitely balanced around power spam, OP weapons etc. Doing proxima survival without Zenurik and arcane energize vs with them is a night and day experience.

Eeeh. Two of the easiest Steel Path frames are Revenant and Inaros, and you're not even using more than one power each, and rarely at that. (Armor buff for Inaros, Mesmer Skin for Revenant.)

Energy gating is just inconvenience at this point, my guns are far, far nastier than any damage power I can run, apart from the very particular ones with bonkers scaling. (Spores, Maim, etc.)

I've had max energize since forever, used to go hard on eidolons. Hit me up in game and I'll give you the extras I assume I have. Maxed nightwave, but I'm not sure how many more if any are sitting around

I run Eidolon's when they come up and most of the time its 3 volt primes one shotting parts. Its nice that for people trying to build up their arcanes because you can sell them people are incentivized to still run them.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Arcanes are very silly. A rank 5 arcane is... 3x3x3x3x3... 243 arcanes? lmao

BahamutZERO.gif
    I think it's 3 then another 4, then another 5, then another six etc, total of 21 for rank 5 I believe

• NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    I think it's 3 then another 4, then another 5, then another six etc, total of 21 for rank 5 I believe

This is correct.

And Arcane Energize is Civilization.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    Nips wrote: »

This is correct.

And Arcane Energize is Civilization.

The only frames I have that don't get Energize are the ones running Rage/Hunter Adrenaline, or that just don't care, like Inaros--Who tbf is running Adrenaline AND doesn't care--or Trinity. Like it is that much of a QoL boost I don't know how I got along without it.

Shit, Trinity's worse. Super tanky, and now everyone else also has infinite energy, health, AND massive DR? K. That breaks the whole party, not just me.

• Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    Alternative sources of energy regen besides Zenurik and Arcane Energize:
    • Energy Siphon aura mod
    • Equilibrium, Rage, and Hunter Adrenaline mods for warframes
    • Red Veil and Cephalon Suda weapons and weapon mods
    • Energy Generator mod for Dethcube sentinel
    • Energizing Shot mod for pistols
    • Sharpshooter mod for sniper rifles
    • Exodia Brave arcane for zaws

If you really want to experiment with different focus schools or arcanes without giving up your infinite energy, there are other options out there. I think most players just default to those two for their energy needs because they don't come at the opportunity cost of things they care about more, like getting the biggest possible numbers out of their weapons or having a cute pet cat.

Ivan Hunger on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    • Energy Siphon aura mod

If you really want to experiment with different focus schools or arcanes without giving up your infinite energy, there are other options out there. I think most players just default to those two for their energy needs because they don't come at the opportunity cost of things they care about more, like getting the biggest possible numbers out of their weapons or having a cute pet cat.

Also, dispensary

steam_sig.png
    Spoit wrote: »
    • Energy Siphon aura mod

Also, dispensary

Also, dropping an energy restore.

edited February 2022

ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    that's a lot more reasonable

but yeah I just drop energy pizzas freely and build around rage/adrenaline more

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    • Energy Siphon aura mod

Don't forget not using powers all that often and instead I just shoot and stab badmans

JtgVX0H.png
    what are good stats to aim for on trumna riven rerolls I wonder
    projectile speed down seems like a decent negative modifier since that only affects the alt fire

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    I am surprised Madurai isn't more popular for the reasons brought up by @dporowski and @Darmak.

I know there are some high-level players who basically ignore their abilities and just play the game as though it were a more conventional third person shooter. Madurai seems like the school that's intended for that type of player. I know the damage boost isn't huge, but you'd think they would prioritize even a small amount of extra weapon damage over any other type of bonus they could get. Yet it seems like even they don't run Madurai.

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I have acquired the Helminth! Didn’t take long at all to get the 15k rep.

Deimos definitely has the least painful rep-gain, because not only can pretty much anything can be turned in for rep but mother tokens are relatively plentiful. Only Son tokens are somewhat annoying (In terms of token annoyance. Mother<Father<Daughter&Otak<Son), but not too bad after added so that Grandma has family token deals.

Now the deimos droptables on the other hand are a pain in the ass. Getting the Arum spinosa rivet is a pain in the ass. Necramech weapon parts are also relatively annoying and every single piece of Sporothrix is RNGesus-bait.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
    Madurai is my main focus school, though I woulldn't call myself a high level player I have enjoyed min/maxing warframe since the first days.

This discussion has been closed.