As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] WHEEE x69

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I have acquired the Helminth! Didn’t take long at all to get the 15k rep.

Deimos definitely has the least painful rep-gain, because not only can pretty much anything can be turned in for rep but mother tokens are relatively plentiful. Only Son tokens are somewhat annoying (In terms of token annoyance. Mother<Father<Daughter&Otak<Son), but not too bad after added so that Grandma has family token deals.

Now the deimos droptables on the other hand are a pain in the ass. Getting the Arum spinosa rivet is a pain in the ass. Necramech weapon parts are also relatively annoying and every single piece of Sporothrix is RNGesus-bait.

Yeah, it wasn’t too bad, and you’re totally right that Son tokens are the most painful. For some reason I have a problem with spotting the Avachaieas, or whatever they’re called - I’ll get to the point, do the call, and then just… don’t see them? And then Son gets salty with me and I’m like look here you long fingered asshole, I waited for them and they didn’t come!

Granted it wouldn’t be nearly so galling if Deimos wasn’t trying to murder me all the damn time.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

Deimos definitely has the least painful rep-gain, because not only can pretty much anything can be turned in for rep but mother tokens are relatively plentiful. Only Son tokens are somewhat annoying (In terms of token annoyance. Mother<Father<Daughter&Otak<Son), but not too bad after added so that Grandma has family token deals.

Now the deimos droptables on the other hand are a pain in the ass. Getting the Arum spinosa rivet is a pain in the ass. Necramech weapon parts are also relatively annoying and every single piece of Sporothrix is RNGesus-bait.

Yeah, it wasn’t too bad, and you’re totally right that Son tokens are the most painful. For some reason I have a problem with spotting the Avachaieas, or whatever they’re called - I’ll get to the point, do the call, and then just… don’t see them? And then Son gets salty with me and I’m like look here you long fingered asshole, I waited for them and they didn’t come!

Granted it wouldn’t be nearly so galling if Deimos wasn’t trying to murder me all the damn time.

Yeah fuck all the animal saving people, they are all dick holes. "oh am I not doing it right? FUCK YOU!!!"

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular

For son tokens I recommend flying around with archwing, occasionally checking your dart rifle to see if it's beeping. It turns out that several hundred years into the future hunting from a helicopter equivalent is still the least sporting form of hunting. The only time I actually hunt on foot is when I want a specific Vulpa/Predasite.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    ArmsForPeace84ArmsForPeace84 Your Partner In Freedom Registered User regular
    So I took stock of the grind for the remaining 7 vanilla warframes I need, and believe it or not, Equinox falls in the "yeah, I'll just grit my teeth and do it" camp. And I'm close on Khora, but need to run some snoozetastic normal Sanctuary Onslaught to pick up the spare.

The three where I said, "there's no way in hell" were Ash, Caliban, and Yareli. Those are gonna be plat pickups. Back to farming up prime warframe sets to trade.

Nothing personal. It's just business.
  • Options
    Is there a particular trick to being able to spot what’s being detected? Because that happens a lot to me but I’ve rarely been able to actually find the damn thing.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    So I took stock of the grind for the remaining 7 vanilla warframes I need, and believe it or not, Equinox falls in the "yeah, I'll just grit my teeth and do it" camp. And I'm close on Khora, but need to run some snoozetastic normal Sanctuary Onslaught to pick up the spare.

The three where I said, "there's no way in hell" were Ash, Caliban, and Yareli. Those are gonna be plat pickups. Back to farming up prime warframe sets to trade.

While Ash is one of those frames where they keep making the process of getting him more and more annoying (to the point where he's almost equinox levels of annoyance).

Yareli is actually not that bad. Between racing and the pipes behind the Fortuna entrance it's not very time consuming or difficult. It's just very nieche content.

Caliban is a fair bit of grinding, but it's fairly straightforward so you're always making progress. I only have 3 more Sentinent runs and then a few more drops of Breath of the Eidolon.

My list of "worst warframes to farm" are Hildryn, Equinox, Protea, Ash and Ivara (with Nidus, Khora, Harrow and Saryn as dishonorable mentions). Caliban and Yareli aren't even close imho.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    I just need one part on Ash regular but so far its not happening. I got another Khora chasis today. So two of the same part. Joy.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    It turns out that several hundred years into the future hunting from a helicopter equivalent is still the least sporting form of hunting.

Any combination of flight and a projectile attack is going to be an example of tech flexing on nature. Nature almost always goes for melee builds, and its flight builds usually take both survivability and damage as a tradeoff.

• Options

I’ve been grinding Equinox and I’ve actually found it surprisingly easy. I have most of the parts already! Just need the Day Aspect blueprint and then all I need is the main blueprint.

Granted what makes it easier is being able to unload a Kuva Chakhurr immediately into Tyl Regor’s dumb face so I barely have to do the fight, just wait for him to come back after killing the Manic guys that come in.

Much like most of the villains in Warframe though, I still enjoy hearing him talk.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

For son tokens I recommend flying around with archwing, occasionally checking your dart rifle to see if it's beeping. It turns out that several hundred years into the future hunting from a helicopter equivalent is still the least sporting form of hunting. The only time I actually hunt on foot is when I want a specific Vulpa/Predasite.

And use headphones to better hear the beeping. Supposedly it's directional, but I havne't had much luck with that. It's easier to see the spawn points if you just circle the edge of the map

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    Much like most of the villains in Warframe though, I still enjoy hearing him talk.

tuuuuuubemen

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    they moved oberon to railjack missions too, like they did with ash, so he's probably pretty annoying now as well. Ironic that he used to be one of the easiest.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Vay Hek is still my favorite

MY GHOULS COME IN BAGS. YOU WILL LEAVE IN ONE

• Options
    I WILL PERSONALLY THROW YOUR PRECIOUS LOTUS INTO THE SUN

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular

New War:
    Tried that. Didn't work.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

One of my favorite deliveries in any game. He's just so fucking unhinged, it's amazing

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

One of my favorite deliveries in any game. He's just so fucking unhinged, it's amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOygJJ7Zudk

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »
    Alternative sources of energy regen besides Zenurik and Arcane Energize:
    • Energy Siphon aura mod
    • Equilibrium, Rage, and Hunter Adrenaline mods for warframes
    • Red Veil and Cephalon Suda weapons and weapon mods
    • Energy Generator mod for Dethcube sentinel
    • Energizing Shot mod for pistols
    • Sharpshooter mod for sniper rifles
    • Exodia Brave arcane for zaws

If you really want to experiment with different focus schools or arcanes without giving up your infinite energy, there are other options out there. I think most players just default to those two for their energy needs because they don't come at the opportunity cost of things they care about more, like getting the biggest possible numbers out of their weapons or having a cute pet cat.

Also, dispensary

Also, dropping an energy restore.

This is usually my response if the mission for whatever reason isn't dropping enough energy orbs.

I just hope the Aya thing didn't take the place of the Scarlet Spear/Orphix style once-yearly arcane acquisition event and it's just coming a bit later because of delays/TNW. I got Aegis, Strike, Velocity and Energize from SS, and I have absolutely no patience for spamming Tridolons lol.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Vay Hek is still my favorite

MY GHOULS COME IN BAGS. YOU WILL LEAVE IN ONE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH0qFcFJy3U&amp;t=2s

• Options
    JacobyJacoby OHHHHH IT’S A SNAKE Creature - SnakeRegistered User regular
    The VA for Alad V just nails "shitty little pervert". It makes bullying that asshole so much fun.

GameCenter: ROldford
    Switch: nin.codes/roldford
  • Options
    I bounced off the revenant first time I tried it, but now round two and I synch way more with his kit. Still don't love the character design but eh they call can't be mesa prime.

Its funny doing a survival mission against corpus "RUN RUN YOU COWARDS OH SHIT NULLIFIER FLEEEEEE"

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I bounced off the revenant first time I tried it, but now round two and I synch way more with his kit. Still don't love the character design but eh they call can't be mesa prime.

Its funny doing a survival mission against corpus "RUN RUN YOU COWARDS OH SHIT NULLIFIER FLEEEEEE"

Revenant is great while playing solo or if you're playing with people who pay even a little bit of attention.

So Revenant is great while playing solo.

• Options
    Yeah the thrall system with other players is "nope" but you can still use mesmer skin to be invulnerable.

I'm sad but I had to solo only my railjack missions, got fucking tired of randolorians joining my survival run and leaving after 5 fucking minutes. I had one asshole go to 15 minutes and yank me out and it was like "WAIT TO 20! YOU FUCK!!"

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Revenant exists to mesmer skin and one shot the aoe spammers on radiation hazard sorties

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Yeah the thrall system with other players is "nope" but you can still use mesmer skin to be invulnerable.

I'm sad but I had to solo only my railjack missions, got fucking tired of randolorians joining my survival run and leaving after 5 fucking minutes. I had one asshole go to 15 minutes and yank me out and it was like "WAIT TO 20! YOU FUCK!!"

"Randolorians" fucking killed me, I'm ghost posting

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options

I stole that from I swear PA but I could be wrong

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Audrey II, aka my Helminth, is ready and currently chewin’ on Rhino

Also I put that power boost ability on Rhino Prime. With the 50% boost to the next ability thing, I can probably rework my mods to prioritize strength a bit less, since it seems like the max for Roar is 90%. Maybe put it towards duration instead?

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

I stole that from I swear PA but I could be wrong

I think the PA strip was "Rando Calrissian"

• Options
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one with little shop of horrors fuck I bet the majority of people in their late 20s through early 40s did.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    it does look EXACTLY like an Audrey II

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    edited February 2022

Also I put that power boost ability on Rhino Prime. With the 50% boost to the next ability thing, I can probably rework my mods to prioritize strength a bit less, since it seems like the max for Roar is 90%. Maybe put it towards duration instead?

My default rhino builds roar is 174 or something, not including the helminth buff which I have installed but somehow never use
    8o847grx4q83.jpg

kralizecc on
    In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Huh, I wonder why mine caps at 90%? I thought the boost was 50%, and I was at 65% without it. Regardless, good to know that it isn’t capped.

Also I finally got a Sister Of Parvos and took her out fairly quickly. I really appreciate how fast that went compared to the Kuva stuff.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    I never engaged with the lich stuff before so now I have to grind up the damn requiem mods

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I never engaged with the lich stuff before so now I have to grind up the damn requiem mods

it's generally way more convenient to buy the mods

if you choose to grind the requiems though, thralls and hounds also drop them so you will quickly get way more than you'll ever crack once you get started

• Options
    edited February 2022
    PiptheFair wrote: »

if you choose to grind the requiems though, thralls and hounds also drop them so you will quickly get way more than you'll ever crack once you get started

This.

Then grind the requiems later, for platinum to pay yourself back. It's low-key one of the more efficient plat farms out there:
    • Run every Kuva Siphon/Flood alert you see that's a nice quick burn, and you get a chance at a requiem relic even if you ignore the siphon and run past it
    • When a nice quick Requiem Fissure shows up in the rotation, run it repeatedly for a chance at requiems or slivers toward a riven from your relic stacks

It's low-investment, daily gameplay loop kind of farming, but too inconsistent to rely on for specific requiems. Fortunately, they all tend to trade for 10-15 platinum.

ArmsForPeace84 on
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular

This.

Then grind the requiems later, for platinum to pay yourself back. It's low-key one of the more efficient plat farms out there:
    • Run every Kuva Siphon/Flood alert you see that's a nice quick burn, and you get a chance at a requiem relic even if you ignore the siphon and run past it
    • When a nice quick Requiem Fissure shows up in the rotation, run it repeatedly for a chance at requiems or slivers toward a riven from your relic stacks

It's low-investment, daily gameplay loop kind of farming, but too inconsistent to rely on for specific requiems. Fortunately, they all tend to trade for 10-15 platinum.

You get relics even if you ignore the siphon?
    Cool, TIL

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Huh. You know, I guess I just always assumed that the buffs that Grendel gave scaled off of how many guys he had in his tummy. I guess that's not the case. For some reason.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Huh, I thought the same.

• Options
    Turambar wrote: »

This.

You get relics even if you ignore the siphon?
    Cool, TIL

Yep, it's a 50% chance for Kuva Siphon, 100% for Kuva Flood. Both irrespective of destroying the siphon.

• Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    kralizecc wrote: »

My default rhino builds roar is 174 or something, not including the helminth buff which I have installed but somehow never use
    8o847grx4q83.jpg

Now this is the kind of build I like to see! Just switch out Gladiator Aegis, Primed Flow, and Primed Continuity for Energy Conversion, Amar's Hatred, and Umbral Vitality, and we're in business!

Don't forget to use a kitgun with Pax Bolt for that little bit of extra kick!

This discussion has been closed.