As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warframe] WHEEE x69

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    OH FUCK ME
    I'VE BEEN USING MESA WRONG FOR LITERALLY YEARS
    ALL THIS TIME I THOUGHT HER DAMAGE REDUCTION WAS ON HER 2 ABILITY AND HER 3 DID ???? WHO CARES LOL

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    OH FUCK ME
    ALL THIS TIME I THOUGHT HER DAMAGE REDUCTION WAS ON HER 2 ABILITY AND HER 3 DID ???? WHO CARES LOL

Well 2 does reduce damage by making gun-wielding enemies unable to shoot.

I did the analogue of you in not realizing her 2 did that and never using it for the longest time.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
    edited February 2022
    2's damage boost seems more useful to me since I run her with range down mods so it has a pretty small radius on the disarm
    but yeah I was conflating the disarm with shatter shield's damage reduction apparently

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    OH FUCK ME

You have now unlocked god mode. Enjoy! (Spoiler, 95% projectile DR + nuclear hand cannons means "you win" in almost all cases.)

edited February 2022
    Offer not valid for weird puzzle bosses or anything where high noon doesn't aim at their tiny invisible vulnerable spot

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    Commander ZoomNetscape
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Huh, I thought the same.

Would make sense, wouldn't it? But no. You get 50 armor per guy in your tummy (kind of whatever) and ... the damage of his ultimate scales. Oh, and Nourish heals you for a bit more. That's kinda it?

I was wondering if I could run a 400% power strength pillage on him to strip enemy armor instantly and leave them more vulnerable to his 4, but his 4 locks you out of using powers, so that'd be pretty clunky. And the Spectrosiphon playstyle seems boring.

Maybe I'll just go with my original full meme idea of giving him Firewalker, paint him annoyingly blue, and RP as Sanic hedhoog.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
    Nips
  • kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    kralizecc wrote: »
    Audrey II, aka my Helminth, is ready and currently chewin’ on Rhino

Also I put that power boost ability on Rhino Prime. With the 50% boost to the next ability thing, I can probably rework my mods to prioritize strength a bit less, since it seems like the max for Roar is 90%. Maybe put it towards duration instead?

My default rhino builds roar is 174 or something, not including the helminth buff which I have installed but somehow never use
    8o847grx4q83.jpg

Now this is the kind of build I like to see! Just switch out Gladiator Aegis, Primed Flow, and Primed Continuity for Energy Conversion, Amar's Hatred, and Umbral Vitality, and we're in business!

Don't forget to use a kitgun with Pax Bolt for that little bit of extra kick!

Tried it for a while, but I just like building for iron skin, it feels super satisfying while doing railjack.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
    Ivan Hunger
  • Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Audrey II, aka my Helminth, is ready and currently chewin’ on Rhino

Also I put that power boost ability on Rhino Prime. With the 50% boost to the next ability thing, I can probably rework my mods to prioritize strength a bit less, since it seems like the max for Roar is 90%. Maybe put it towards duration instead?

My default rhino builds roar is 174 or something, not including the helminth buff which I have installed but somehow never use
    8o847grx4q83.jpg

Now this is the kind of build I like to see! Just switch out Gladiator Aegis, Primed Flow, and Primed Continuity for Energy Conversion, Amar's Hatred, and Umbral Vitality, and we're in business!

Don't forget to use a kitgun with Pax Bolt for that little bit of extra kick!

Tried it for a while, but I just like building for iron skin, it feels super satisfying while doing railjack.

I was just joking anyway. I do love to build warframes for max strength, but only if they don't have any good augments, by which I mean they don't have any augments that benefit from strength. In the case of Rhino, all four of his augments benefit from strength, so my Rhino doesn't even use Umbral Fiber or Auguar Secrets. :D

• ArmsForPeace84ArmsForPeace84 Your Partner In Freedom Registered User regular
    I'm now getting close enough to all focus waybounds unlocked that I can taste it. I might spring for some affinity boosters to help get this right bastard of a grind over with so I can stop caring about lenses and ESO.

All this work for what is basically a multitool for disassembling Eidolons. And also, disrespecting Mr. Fog Slave by stomping him like a bug without using a warframe. So, worth it.

Nothing personal. It's just business.
    I spend a lot of time in spoiler mode. It's useful for so very many things in most types of missions but especially just for getting around. It's an addictive crutch once you get the right nodes going.

• dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    I'm now getting close enough to all focus waybounds unlocked that I can taste it. I might spring for some affinity boosters to help get this right bastard of a grind over with so I can stop caring about lenses and ESO.

All this work for what is basically a multitool for disassembling Eidolons. And also, disrespecting Mr. Fog Slave by stomping him like a bug without using a warframe. So, worth it.

THIS. I'm just about in the middle (not really the middle more like the start) of unlocking the second level of waybounds after unlocking all of the first level waybound stuff. Too bad I only play for about an hour (two MAX) a day or ... I'd still be half a lifetime away. I just take it slow. Do a little here and there while working on other things. I wonder how people that make Warframe content that grinded this just to be the first to say I unlocked all the waybounds first kept their sanity. No wonder people get burned out ... farming is a hell of a drug.

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
    Commander ZoomArmsForPeace84Ivan Hunger
    dipuc4life wrote: »

THIS. I'm just about in the middle (not really the middle more like the start) of unlocking the second level of waybounds after unlocking all of the first level waybound stuff. Too bad I only play for about an hour (two MAX) a day or ... I'd still be half a lifetime away. I just take it slow. Do a little here and there while working on other things. I wonder how people that make Warframe content that grinded this just to be the first to say I unlocked all the waybounds first kept their sanity. No wonder people get burned out ... farming is a hell of a drug.

It's a really fast and mindless grind if you do a stealth kill affinity multiplier farm on like, adaro or another high level exterminate. Faster than onslaught for sure and you can do it while watching a show.

what does killing your lich during murmur hunts actually do

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    it does look EXACTLY like an Audrey II

yeah mine is named Audrey III

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
    Etiowsa
    also does warframe crash like... a lot? for anyone else

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Mr SparklesMr Sparkles Registered User regular
    what does killing your lich during murmur hunts actually do

You get to know if you have the right combo of requiem mods, adding to the list of attempts on the lich screen. Anyone in mission gets a 10 (maybe 15?) hit of murmurs toward their next requiem reveal.

Netscape
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular

It’s weird, some days I get a LOT of crashes and other days I can play for hours without any crashes. No idea what’s happening over one day or another to make it crash more or less.

BahamutZERO
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

I don't think I've ever had a crash, and I've been playing for like, 7 years

JtgVX0H.png
    HappylilElfNetscape
    Warframe crashes very rarely for me, most of my issues are from the peer to peer nature of the match making and the game choking while trying to connect. Though I have had some problems in years past with alternate dx versions being selected in the options, you may want to experiment with that in the launcher.

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    edited February 2022

It used to for me. Then I swapped my Nvidia card preference from "Optimal Power" to "Prefer Maximum Performance". Because Warframe is basically "GIFE GPU PAOWA NAO!" or it throws a temper tantrum and crashes.

Check Warframes error log. If you get something like buffering error or really anything GPU related you can probably fix it by mucking about with your graphics card settings.

Fiendishrabbit on
    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    It is a bit more sensitive, yeah. When my gpu was on it's way out, I could play demanding stuff like cyberpunk for hours, but Warframe kept crashing

steam_sig.png

It used to for me. Then I swapped my Nvidia card preference from "Optimal Power" to "Prefer Maximum Performance". Because Warframe is basically "GIFE GPU PAOWA NAO!" or it throws a temper tantrum and crashes.

Check Warframes error log. If you get something like buffering error or really anything GPU related you can probably fix it by mucking about with your graphics card settings.

where would one find warframe's error log

BahamutZERO.gif

%localappdata%/warframe/crashes

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    The Switch version has been pretty stable for me for a while, especially compared to how it was years ago. I have been noticing visual effects glitches, though, especially when I have a Guandao Prime out.

there is no crashes folder in there

BahamutZERO.gif

Then I guess you're having genuine crashes and not Warframe throwing a hissyfit crashes. In your appdata/local/warframe you should have a text document called "EE". That's the session text document that the warframe crashreport generator makes its document from. That one is renewed for every session, so you'd have to look through it directly after a crash.

Netscape

Then I guess you're having genuine crashes and not Warframe throwing a hissyfit crashes. In your appdata/local/warframe you should have a text document called "EE". That's the session text document that the warframe crashreport generator makes its document from. That one is renewed for every session, so you'd have to look through it directly after a crash.

I have no idea what I'd be looking for but I'll try to remember to give it a scan next time it happens (I will not remember to)

BahamutZERO.gif
  • ArmsForPeace84ArmsForPeace84 Your Partner In Freedom Registered User regular
    I'd messed with Knell Prime enough to think "oh, that's a cute little gimmick" and put it back in the toy box. Then tonight I got a riven for it from a sortie. First reroll? Magazine Capacity and Punch Through. Wow, is this thing ever fun to use now.

Next step, I'm gonna try buffing the magazine further with mods, to open with a three-round burst. Which I would think will all but guarantee headshots. Anyone have experience trying it with stacked-up reload speed instead?

Nothing personal. It's just business.
    Commander ZoomNipsdipuc4lifeIanatorFiendishrabbitLucid_Seraph
    So I go to do some fishing for nighttime ocean hotspot bait fish on the plains, right? And as I get set up the fucking thumper spawns in and wander around nearby. I'm sweating here because there's not much time left until morning. Sure enough, after a minute or so it notices me and I have to waste time to kill it. So I do, there's still time, I get set up again... less than a minute later the thumper respawns 20 feet away from me and pushes me into the ocean. I kill it AGAIN and dawn breaks. Kill me.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Nah, I'll just let the thumper do that.

PreacherHappylilElfBullheadIanatorLucid_Seraph
    You don't fish invis as ivara?

PolaritieHappylilElfDacdipuc4life
    on Deimos I do, I don't bother on Orb Vallis and Plains because there's far less angry people biting and shooting me... usually.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    I tend to just bring Protea and if aggroed, shit turrets and keep fishing.

But I may need to do Ivara now, I completely forgot there was minimal energy drain on Prowl while stationary. (I'd say "no" given my build, but I mean it's technically there...)

Being invis is definitely the first priority for me, but the zipline arrows get me right over the hotspots etc. and for mining in caves on the plains an all over on deimos it's a godsend.

NipsNetscape
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Ivara can be kind of flimsy in combat, but given that you can turn into a mech at will I suppose that doesn't matter as much.

dipuc4lifeNetscape
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    Ivara can be kind of flimsy in combat, but given that you can turn into a mech at will I suppose that doesn't matter as much.

Ivara isn't a powerhouse but really nothing on a regular level POE will give her any trouble at all if she has anything resembling decent weapons.

Which won't matter because she'll be invisible the entire time :P

Dacdipuc4life
    Being invis without a duration limit means durability doesn't matter as long as your weapons have an exilus mod to not make noise. It's like having an immortal frame that gets bonus melee damage and can chain stealth kills without effort.

Can also be a giant aoe powerhouse though, if you want to build for it, but to me that only matters when playing with randos who kindof bone invis. The utility of invis makes the choice of how you want the enemies to vaporize purely an aesthetic one. As long as you don't have team mates screwing the utility invis brings, there really is no more lethal/protective power in the game.

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Yeah, I've been doing some SP as Octavia and just always being invis is the best defense

Even liches don't really know what to do when you're invisible

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    Preacher
    I mean ivara can technically still run out of energy unless there's some trick I don't know about

BahamutZERO.gif
    Ianator
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    You don't fish invis as ivara?

I mine with ivara, but I fish with Zephyr. The streamline shield is good enough

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.