As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warframe] WHEEE x69

• RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Hooray! MR 30, at long last.

...holy shit that's a lot of extra riven mod slots, I didn't know that was part of it.

• kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    I was just as impressed with the loadout slots, I never really bothered with them before I hit 30, now I have them all filled.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    In case anyone was wondering why you'd want a Kuva Ogris over a Bramma, there's two differences.

One, the explosion for some fucking reason goes through walls. This is idiotic especially when combined with Primed Firestorm.

Two, there's a mod called Nightwatch Napalm which ALSO for some fucking reason goes through walls, and now the whole AE is a fire dot too.

I can kill everything on Hydron by standing in the middle, spinning in circles, and holding down the button. I am levelling this to max and never using it again, this is dumb.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    In case anyone was wondering why you'd want a Kuva Ogris over a Bramma, there's two differences.

One, the explosion for some fucking reason goes through walls. This is idiotic especially when combined with Primed Firestorm.

Two, there's a mod called Nightwatch Napalm which ALSO for some fucking reason goes through walls, and now the whole AE is a fire dot too.

I can kill everything on Hydron by standing in the middle, spinning in circles, and holding down the button. I am levelling this to max and never using it again, this is dumb.

It's one of the best ways to farm affinity for a reason.

I should max my out so I can put one of these shiny lua lenses into it.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    I thought most explosions went through walls. Is that not accurate? To be fair, I mostly just use the Kuva Zarr for everything right now, which definitely does.

Ranlin on
    Ranlin wrote: »
    I thought most explosions went through walls. Is that not accurate? To be fair, I mostly just use the Kuva Zarr for everything right now, which definitely does.

If they do, I've never noticed to this extent. I can seriously stand downstairs on Hydron, peg a wall, and half the upstairs dies. Any of my other launchers don't remotely do that.

edited May 2022
    Most of the aoe weapons I use explode through walls, there are probably some that don't but I don't know what they are off the top of my head

:EDIT to be clear, a xoris built for range and aoe damage does the same thing in hydron, half the map per shot is what it feels like. It's been nerfed significantly but it's still superior to most primary and secondary 'splosions especially with the slash procs. Most aoe's when modded well feel like an exploit.

kralizecc on
  • Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular

I can't believe I'm about to take Arcane Energize off for good, right after I took Zenurik off for good.

I wonder how the amp arcanes that change void damage into a different type will work if you equip two of them. Will they just not allow that? Will one slot take priority over the other?

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    [deleted]

Fiendishrabbit on
    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Are they nerfing energize? lol right after I finally got a copy from the last nightwave

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    Are they nerfing energize? lol right after I finally got a copy from the last nightwave

No, they're not nerfing energize (as far as I can tell) but they ARE giving people other options. The market for those things are probably going to fall off a cliff ... or at least down a hill. In either case options are good.

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    What's the other option? Pizzas?

steam_sig.png
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    The new Dissipate operator arcane gives you a 100% chance to spawn energy orbs that gives you like 10 energy per enemy hit with a canceled jump. And you can spam that pretty fast, and the detonation has like a 10m+ radius iirc. It is SUPER easy to generate a shit-ton of energy that way, and allow you to use something other than Energize

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
    Talking to all the main npc's for the first time after the last quest, looking up lore references, paying attention to so many of the little details especially in the open world maps, I'm just so continually impressed by the obvious love the devs have for this game. Reminds me of cd projekt red and the witcher series, really adds to how invested I feel while playing even if it's only for very short periods of time.

edited May 2022

No, but they're adding a second Warframe arcane that boosts ability strength, and I can't resist any strength boost no matter what it costs me.

I still have Energy Generator, Exodia Brave, Energizing Shot, and Blood for Energy, plus the new spoiler mode arcane that @Dac mentioned, so I should still be okay. But I'm definitely going to have to work for my energy now. It's not going to feel like I have an infinite amount all the time any more.

Ivan Hunger on
    I just use restores unless it's steel path or something similar. Energize was great for toggle frames on steel path but otherwise it just didn't really benefit most of my gameplay.

With the amount of energy drain eximus they shit on you currently, I don't see myself dropping Energize any time soon. Or maybe it's just me that they love giving an endless stream of the fucks, I dunno.

With the amount of energy drain eximus they shit on you currently, I don't see myself dropping Energize any time soon. Or maybe it's just me that they love giving an endless stream of the fucks, I dunno.

Good news! They’re nerfing enemy magnetic procs. Instead of draining all your energy, each proc will now drain only 100 energy.

Good news! They’re nerfing enemy magnetic procs. Instead of draining all your energy, each proc will now drain only 100 energy.

Yes but there's still 12 of the little fuckers.

Me: I need Vega Toroids. I shall do the Profit Taker p1 bounty, since last time I went to the spaceport an hour+ of killing with a Nekros and 2 boosters got me bupkis.

2 days later, bupkis.

Me: Okay, okay, fine, I need a break because I'm mumbling the words along, I'll go to the spaceport for a few minutes just for a change.

5 minutes later, 20 toroids.

Fuck you, game.

I loathe toroids so much fuck venus

BahamutZERO.gif
    Ivara pickpocketing at the three toroid areas usually gives me 10 to 30 every 15 minutes, having to keep the alarm up as operator is sometimes a pain though

I loathe toroids so much fuck venus

The other two are fine. No problem. I tend to have 10-15 of them without even trying, 'cause they have a 20-something percent drop rate from the big fat spiders, and it's easy enough to make big fat spiders happen.

Vegas are a 1% drop rate off the tiny spiders, which only spawn in numbers in the Exploiter orb bounty, and a 2% drop rate at the spaceport. That is so much worse than the other two.

• dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    I found this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBWk00-Yks4
    funny and wanted to drop it here.

In other news, I finally unlocked all of my waybounds. Yes, I HAVE been playing for a while but couldn't be arsed.

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
    edited June 2022
    I forgot I owned relics. I forgot relics were a thing other than "the stuff I spend overflow standing on".

So in the last 2 days I now have cooking/cooked:

Astilla
    Banshee
    Gara
    Zephyr
    Nidus
    Gram

and a 50% off got me Sevagoth 'cause I tried one Void Storm and fuck that shit man, no way.

A few more Narmer bounties for Isoplasts and that gets me Caliban, and then I think I have every single warframe barring Excalibur Prime. Wait, shit, Harrow. Okay I need Harrow Prime. Fuck and Vauban. I won't count Vauban 'cause I have better things to spend 7k Oxium on okay?

Edit: And seriously, my Railjack + NPC crew can lazily do donuts in a Veil Proxima anomaly mission, and basically never take more than trivial chip damage. 30 seconds after loading into a Void Storm, half my crew was dead and there were like 300 boarders and my ship was exploding, and I said "nope, fuck this" and aborted.

dporowski on
    ... I have better things to spend 7k Oxium on okay?

Dooooo you?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular

Dooooo you?

Maybe?

-that's cryotic
    -and even if it was oxium I'm not sure that crappy hammer would be a better use of that oxium

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    oh, right. dunno why I get those two mixed up.
    (maybe because they used to be equally a pain to farm)

Dooooo you?

Yes! (I don't know what but I'm sure it's there.)

Weirdly Cryotic I still have like 25k of even after making a Sibear, 'cause for quite a while I was farming affinity by doing excavations. You should see how many nanospores I have from all the time on Akkad.

• jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Is it wrong to feel happy about the free color palette providing an easy source of black? It feels wrong.

jothki wrote: »
    Is it wrong to feel happy about the free color palette providing an easy source of black? It feels wrong.

No, color palettes are the most important purchases in the store.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Smoke was one of the few colors sets I acutally paid plat for, just for the black

steam_sig.png
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    The true end game of Warframe has always been fashionframe.

I just built an extra Caliban neuroptics and I am so mad right now.

• jothkijothki Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »

No, color palettes are the most important purchases in the store.

Well then thank you, people who died of AIDS.

I think the smoke pallet may have been my first purchase in warframe, and has dominated my fashionframe. I'm still using the same two colors I started out with.

I just did the three eidolons for the first time since the focus rework, it is so much easier to solo them now, ridiculously easy. Using madurai of course, they go so fast, fast enough to ignore most of their attacks entirely. I have now recovered enough nightwave to hit rank 30 for this round so now all I have to do is stockpile enough void feathers to get all the stuff at the coming update.

Whenever DE gives away a new color palette, it fills me with a mixture of excitement and dread.

Because sometimes I get a shade of a color that's closer to what I prefer than any shades of that same color I previously owned.

But then I have to go through every fashionframe I've ever made that uses that color and replace the shade I was using before with the new one.

• SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    I just built an extra Caliban neuroptics and I am so mad right now.

i built an extra inaros prime several months ago, having forgotten that i already had one...
    it will forever gestate in my foundry

-in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
This discussion has been closed.