As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warframe] WHEEE x69

• SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    i think this is my first ever double-post

kinda short notice, but if you watch

at 2pm EST today (June 9), and have your twitch account linked to your warframe account, you get a free protea.
    which is cool, cuz farming a 2nd protea is garbage

(i didnt know it would put that weird viewer in my post)

SteveRage on
    -in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Thanks for the heads up. I still haven't gotten around to farming a 2nd copy to helmith, so that's pretty nice

steam_sig.png
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    put the URL in [ url ] [ /url ] tags and it will force it to be a hyperlink instead of embedding a player

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    oh dang yes, I had been avoiding farming a second Protea

... I can't remember if I gave up and shelled out for one with plat or just gave up completely, but either way, an extra protea is good

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
    edited June 2022
    the warframe channel is apparently hosting it too, so maybe you're supposed to watch it there?
    iunno, they weren't real specific

edit* i am getting progress on the drop from the warframe channel

SteveRage on
  • NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    DUVIRI PARADOX TEASER!!!

kermit-frog.gif

Spoiler for I Don't Fucking Know What's Actually Spoilers In Warframe Anymore?
    Yes, I am a rube. Why do you ask?

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    I feel foolish. I had max rep for a few days. Logged in just now and got 31k worth of new stuff and sold my quills to refill, then spent the rest. The new stuff needs 25 quills and now I have none =(

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    kralizecc wrote: »
    I feel foolish. I had max rep for a few days. Logged in just now and got 31k worth of new stuff and sold my quills to refill, then spent the rest. The new stuff needs 25 quills and now I have none =(

Quills is the fastest replenishable Zariman resource though (since you're guaranteed 4 for a Tier 4 bounty and can find more through Melica terminals). Gonna need more rep for those augments anyway. So so so much more rep.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
    a. The new zariman rare/reinforced containers can drop forma (like the Orokin ones).
    b. Archimedian Yonta (the zariman voidplume trader) has a new function where you can use Zariman crafting materials to upgrade voidplumes to the next tier above it (up to upgrading a quill to a pinion).

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Don't let the new update distract you from the fact that the best tactical alert of the year, Dog Days, has returned. This year's prizes include an ephemra that allows you to use your aquatic telepathy to summon the creatures of the deep.

In my years playing, the best choice I've made was loading This Is What You Are into the somachord for the orbiter music.

• jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Nips wrote: »

Based off of the splash screens I guess not operators now? Or really anything leading up to The New War. And maybe not a big part of The New War?

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    Nips wrote: »

Based off of the splash screens I guess not operators now? Or really anything leading up to The New War. And maybe not a big part of The New War?

Which I mean isn't exactly unreasonable at this point, it's been almost a decade.

Also I'm positive I saw operators before I knew that was a thing but I had absolutely no idea what I was even seeing.

edited June 2022
    yeah same, though there wasn't really much reason to use them in any of the content other than eidolons back when I was progressing the story. I think I just saw them occasionally and processed them as "a weird smaller warframe I don't know that can cloak"

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    I think it's pretty great how much of the playerbase made the effort to keep it spoilermode for so long, since the reveal was so cool to everyone.

The story is pretty fantastic for a game made piecemeal over the years. The amount of investment folks get in a bunch of stats because it has a face and we can dress it up really makes the occasional dramatic cinematic clip hit super hard, would be a shame to deny that to others.

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Ranlin wrote: »
    I think it's pretty great how much of the playerbase made the effort to keep it spoilermode for so long, since the reveal was so cool to everyone.

Seriously, not only do I think it's great but I'm also impressed with how well they keep it spoiled. It's great that so many want to keep the surprise for new players, because I know the Second Dream wouldn't have had nearly as much impact if it'd been spoiled for me (which would have been impossible since I played it as soon as it dropped, but the point still stands)

JtgVX0H.png
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    "200 hours of gameplay and you finally get to character creation" :D

I was pretty let down by the new war, honestly. I don't think I like warframe's storytelling now that I actually have expectations for there to be any story.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    Holy shit, did they ruin void sling. That's just fucking unusable. No idea where it's aiming, no idea where it's going to go, no idea of distance traveled or endpoint. "Player feedback" my ass, this is why "listening to players" is not always a good thing.

Edit: Seriously, what's fucking wrong with "it goes where you point"?

dporowski on
    dporowski wrote: »
    Holy shit, did they ruin void sling. That's just fucking unusable. No idea where it's aiming, no idea where it's going to go, no idea of distance traveled or endpoint. "Player feedback" my ass, this is why "listening to players" is not always a good thing.

The people who really took advantage of void dash lost most of the usefulness with the initial changes, this just brought back a little bit of it. Being able to dash in any direction was a big help prior to the "nerf" The folks getting onboard with void dash as it's much easier to access now just don't have the practice yet to make it functional. An eternal september situation so to speak.

edited June 2022
    dporowski wrote: »

The people who really took advantage of void dash lost most of the usefulness with the initial changes, this just brought back a little bit of it. Being able to dash in any direction was a big help prior to the "nerf" The folks getting onboard with void dash as it's much easier to access now just don't have the practice yet to make it functional. An eternal september situation so to speak.

Pleasing a small group at the expense of most of your players is not a recipe for success. This is less usable, less functional, less reliable, and now I actually don't want to use the thing, because it sucks. It's a movement ability that functions differently to every single other ability in the game, for no other reason than "loud minority screamed a lot because change bad".

I mean FFS, imagine if bullet jump didn't go where you were looking, but at the last facing it thinks you had. Why the fuck would anyone want that? This is identical.

Edit: Like I know I'm also just mad about it, but the shit worked before. You can't strafe -> sling -> repeat anymore with a controller without a giant pain in the ass; all you had to do before was "move camera, hold jump, follow line". Now there's no line, and I have absolutely NFC where the hell my landing point is. Let's not even talk about "hit the angel portal", since the hitbox on it is still wonky, and now you don't even know where you're aiming in relation to it.

dporowski on
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    I remain of the opinion that it was done to "fix" the latency issue, possibly with some assist from devs who had Opinions about how it was and should be.

Commander Zoom on
    It's pretty easy once you get practiced with it, you dash in the direction of the directional key you're pressing when you jump. There's also still an icon of where you're jumping to, unless you're bugged. It's for sure more functional, gives you more control but also requires you to exercise that control, can't just rely on camera facing alone.

One thing that I don't think was intentional is that I can't void dash through enemies any longer, it hits them and stops. I know some of the changes they made were to make it less hang-upy on obstacles or at least make it more obvious when you would be blocked, I wonder if this is due to those changes or an accident.

Or I could go back to not using it, 'cause it sucks. Same argument as in fighting games, "no this 32 input combo with half-frame timing is better, it means you need to exercise skill" and yep nope don't play fighting games.

And if it really does go off your directional input when you leave the ground, not when you release the second button press, holy shit that's dire. Just ridiculous.

Felarax shotgun summary:
    +Insane forepower when fully evolved. Like "Makes a mockery out of steel path" levels of firepower.
    -Ammo hungry
    -Incarnon form is bad.
    +-Really wants magazine size and reload speed, so this might be the first time you use primed tactical pump and primed ammo stock.

Felarax shotgun summary:
    +Insane forepower when fully evolved. Like "Makes a mockery out of steel path" levels of firepower.
    -Ammo hungry
    -Incarnon form is bad.
    +-Really wants magazine size and reload speed, so this might be the first time you use primed tactical pump and primed ammo stock.

After 8 forma, I really enjoy it as a fun shotgun. I love the reload animation and being able to interrupt it to shoot, and while I tried the primed tactical pump and ammo stock, they didn't really improve my experience except on regular leveled content. I never switch to the incarnon mode unless I really need something to get one-shot, but that requires a different build so it doesn't happen in the middle of a mission.

As for void sling, your analogy seems false dporowski. While it's true that it does add three different directions other than simple camera facing, it's not really equivalent to your example. You already possess the skill involved, as it's just strafing. You have the exact same control of your movement while running or walking, it just takes practice exercising that control while void slinging.

This is essentially how it was controlled before the change from void dash to void sling, and I think once you get used to it you'll agree that being able to strafe and move backwards is pretty useful even when you're teleporting, not just when you're running. I can empathize with how you feel though, this was one of if not THE most potent tool in my kit, the changes from dash to sling suuuucked. Change is often hard, I still don't like it but one gets used to it even though it feels abusive.

I think controller vs KBAM is a factor. Lateral sling is effectively useless for me with my current camera sensitivity. I spent an entire angel fight basically falling off literally everything because it wouldn't "go in a straight damn line" unless I completely took my thumb off the left stick, which isn't great when you're trying to strafe around then rapidly sling forward etc. Back sling I have zero clue what the use case is, but there's definitely not one for me on console.

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    i am jumping back in to WF after MANY years out in a fairly new account on PC this week so if you see me online feel free to jump in and help as i am bad at games

i'm working on unlocking Deimos so I can farm up a Necron frame and I may be doing it all wrong anyway

Magic Pink wrote: »
    i am jumping back in to WF after MANY years out in a fairly new account on PC this week so if you see me online feel free to jump in and help as i am bad at games

i'm working on unlocking Deimos so I can farm up a Necron frame and I may be doing it all wrong anyway

What's your in game name? There's a good chance you're no longer in the big pa clan but someone can invite you to one in the alliance for certain, the alliance chat will hook you up with all the basics I'm sure assuming you get on when folks pay attention to the chat.

What's your in game name? There's a good chance you're no longer in the big pa clan but someone can invite you to one in the alliance for certain, the alliance chat will hook you up with all the basics I'm sure assuming you get on when folks pay attention to the chat.

i honestly have no idea on any of that! i think just magicpink? i'm deffo not in a clan and have no idea how to even use chat

So like if anyone was wondering, yep, the "+damage to amp after spoiler power" and "+crit to amp on spoiler energy depletion" arcanes sure do work pretty well together with Void Strike.

• Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    I went with "convert void damage to puncture" and "+status chance on headshots".

It's a status build even though almost everything you would want to fight with an amp is immune to status, the status effect it applies is a purely defensive one, and it doesn’t even have the niche use against enemies that are specifically weak to void damage like an amp with zero arcanes would.

So this was obviously a very logical decision on my part. :p

My amp is now a flamethrower that pokes holes in people. Try figuring that shit out.

I mean mine throws an exploding frisbee, so I dunno. All I know is I hit my 1 and I get orange crits off the thing for 8s. (Not that to date anything lives that long.)

I've been using the crit buff on energy depletion with void strike, it's ridiculous damage without the arcane but with, the numbers feel good.

i honestly have no idea on any of that! i think just magicpink? i'm deffo not in a clan and have no idea how to even use chat

When next you log in to the game, look at what your name is in the upper left corner and give that to us here or in discord, exactly as it shows in game and we'll invite you =)

i am indeed magicpink in game and i just hatched my kubrow she is hideous and i love her

hmmm appears i was in a clan but i'm not now if anyone tried to send an invite. please try again!

i am indeed magicpink in game and i just hatched my kubrow she is hideous and i love her

"User has blocked clan invites"

You'll need to change that to get an invite. Once you log into the game, go into the ESC menu, select options, and then the Social tab, the line that says "Receive Clan Invitiations From" should be set to a"ALL", you can change it back later.

oh fer christ sake

ok all set

invite sent

This discussion has been closed.