As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warframe] WHEEE x69

1858688909196

Posts

  • DacDac Registered User regular
    Yeah idk. They might have to do something soon because boy does the community get insanely entitled the longer they leave something like this in.

    Like, he's immortal. There aren't a lot of those left in the game apart from Nyx's Assimilate Absorb and Valk's ult.

    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    Oh hey, speaking of...

    Commander ZoomIanatordipuc4lifeRoyceSraphim
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    I love that I can stop playing for a few months, hop in this thread, and have absolutely no idea what anyone is talking about because it's Warframe.

    War[frame]... War[frame] never changes.

    (in that it always changes and even if you knew what was going on awhile ago hahaha it's wikiframe time, dumbass)

    RanlinNipsIanatorCommander Zoomdipuc4lifeLucid_Seraph
  • kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    This is just a psa for those who haven't dug into all the focus schools yet and with the advent of the new hunts. There's a couple nodes in the Unairu school, Last Gasp and Vengeance. They're both waybound nodes, meaning you can unlock them to be active regardless of what your active school is.

    Last Gasp will let you self-revive when you go into last stand. It requires you to kill three enemies as the operator during last stand, in the span of 15 seconds and before a timer runs down. It's very easy to do with something other than the mote amp but even with the mote amp using the madurai schools void strike will allow you to frag even sp enemies with the mote.

    Vengeance is a complimentary node, it increases operator damage while in last stand, and increases that damage as the timer runs down. You basically never lose a life or need to be revived with these schools, never need to lose your power pool or incarnon status or even buffs like you would for using a revive normally. Assuming there are enemies near you or close enough to void sling to before the timer runs out.

    Up until the update this was simply a fun little quality of life advantage, not something that really matters, but with the archon hunts it probably makes the difference between casually soloing them and being irritated at oblivious team mates who only pay attention to the performance anxiety of a new mode with tough enemies while your last stand timer runs out.

    In warframe on PC my name is severenn
    Commander Zoomdipuc4lifeRoyceSraphim
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    It doesn't help so much with Archons, since there aren't a ton of mobs in the actual boss fight rooms. And they're all at steel path levels of health, so even if you have them there, it's a bit tough to get 3 down in the time limit

    steam_sig.png
    EtiowsaNips
  • kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    Super easy with the madurai schools voidstrike, though there are a few spots where no enemies spawn. I've soloed all of them so far and it's been very useful

    In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    I'm only just kind of starting to flesh out vazarin and I already want to stop. I feel like its 2 needs like double the radius, and its 1 - like Frost's 4 augment - desperately needs to have armor/damage reduction apply to its health or make the resultant buff you get from it shattering last a little longer.

    It would also be neat if slinging through enemies vacuumed by its 2 could steal enemy armor/shields/max health instead of providing healing, because really ... You already have a ton of healing in the tree. Making that health go farther would be nice on that node.

    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    It sounds like Unairu may be up your alley more than vazarin. While it doesn't vamp armor or health, it does strip it from enemies, strips shields too as well as giving armor to both warframe and operator. Not all from the same node of course, but except for madurai because of void strike it's the school with the most valuable utility in my opinion.

    It's almost a shame void strike exists, because self revive is just so darned nice doing steel path. It's doable without it, but unreliable. With void strike it's a no brainer. Hard to choose to activate unairu over reliable self revives in spite of all the crazy utility.

    In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    You can last stand as an operator these days? Stuff has changed since I fell off the wagon, apparently.

    It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
    kralizeccdipuc4life
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    kralizecc wrote: »
    It sounds like Unairu may be up your alley more than vazarin. While it doesn't vamp armor or health, it does strip it from enemies, strips shields too as well as giving armor to both warframe and operator. Not all from the same node of course, but except for madurai because of void strike it's the school with the most valuable utility in my opinion.

    It's almost a shame void strike exists, because self revive is just so darned nice doing steel path. It's doable without it, but unreliable. With void strike it's a no brainer. Hard to choose to activate unairu over reliable self revives in spite of all the crazy utility.

    I mean I've been Naramon since the focus system was introduced, I was just futzing around looking into survivability options provided by other focus trees.

    Also man I wish DE would rip out the +affinity for melee kills node for Naramon and put the Heavy Attack efficiency node that used to be in ... I think Zenurik? ... in its place. Like the whole tree has benefits for building combo, for keeping combo, for gaining benefit off of having high combo - it would make total sense for it to have the node that lets you not spend all combo on heavy attack and make it easier to have hybrid builds again.

    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
    dipuc4life
  • Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Ugh, Khora Prime and Revenant Prime. I want them both, but I don't want to grind. I should see what my plat balance is I guess. Khora parts have probably come down in price, at least...?

    I just don't have the patience for Warframe these days; I'm too deep in an FFXIV hole.

    See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    a khora set is like 80-100 plat right n

  • kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    The longer you wait, the cheaper it will be generally

    In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I don't think normal khora will ever be cheap since the content that drops its parts barely has a reason to exist other than that

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    You can't trade normal warframe parts I don't think. If you want to buy a normal frame you have to buy the finished product from DE directly.

    Commander ZoomNipsdipuc4life
  • Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    I don't think normal khora will ever be cheap since the content that drops its parts barely has a reason to exist other than that

    I already have normal khora.

    See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Oh right

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    kralizecc wrote: »
    The longer you wait, the cheaper it will be generally

    Until it leaves. I should really backfill the primes I missed at some point

    steam_sig.png
  • kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    wow, so, crossplay. I haven't read anything about it yet, but maybe we should get folks names and whatnot if anyone wants to trade/play together.

    Kindof exciting times. Region chat scrolls so. fast. now and amazingly it's almost all super happy friendly interaction. It's like I'm watching a room full of people on mdma, wonder how long that first blush will last.

    In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    kralizecc wrote: »
    wow, so, crossplay. I haven't read anything about it yet, but maybe we should get folks names and whatnot if anyone wants to trade/play together.

    Kindof exciting times. Region chat scrolls so. fast. now and amazingly it's almost all super happy friendly interaction. It's like I'm watching a room full of people on mdma, wonder how long that first blush will last.

    Well, that is awesome. I guess they are having an extended test and recording what breaks. PC/PS should be next. The a big orgy with all three. Us Switch folks will pull up the rear in several months. Soon from now getting into matches with actual people will NOT be a dream anymore, LOL.

    NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
    Carpy
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited October 7
    kralizecc wrote: »
    wow, so, crossplay. I haven't read anything about it yet, but maybe we should get folks names and whatnot if anyone wants to trade/play together.

    Kindof exciting times. Region chat scrolls so. fast. now and amazingly it's almost all super happy friendly interaction. It's like I'm watching a room full of people on mdma, wonder how long that first blush will last.

    They turned that on already? Well shit.

    Console chat has always been pretty... Fine? Stupid, but fine. Just don't say the word "riven" or else the frothing starts.

    Edit: Hey wait, does cross-play imply cross-platform clans/alliances, or are those still restricted?

    dporowski on
  • kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    @bobtm said no clan/alliance support for crossplay yet. In the warframe community he's by far the person I respect the most, both in knowledge and temperament. I usually just assume he's correct, he's both voracious about new information and has a near eidetic memory. That said I have read nothing about it other than from warframe chat.

    In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • JeixJeix Registered User regular
    I'm enjoying having all of our xbox tenno joining us. Sure makes missions less lonely as I can click almost anywhere on the star chart and it will matchmake now. Only major change I've noticed is that the recruiting channel is different, but maybe not in a bad way. I guess since xbox doesn't let you pm people quickly, they just spam numbers to join games. It does clutter it up a bit, but it's fine.

    kralizecc
  • dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    NGL, kinda jelly about all this XBox/PC willy wetting. But all good things come to those who wait. I mean, I can wait another 32 years ... that's * hyperventilating * ... easy *sweats profusely* ... right?

    NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    Welp, the apparent good feelings of communities coming together has faded for the most part. Irritation at different cultures, both based on dysfunctional systems of validation has lead to what we all probably assumed would happen. There's still some goodwill from folks who just stay in chat to help people in between missions, but there's just so much more bad attitude than before, over the last couple days, makes me sad.

    In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    I dunno what the three numbers the Xbox folks use following their advertisement for relic groups is supposed to represent.

    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    I dunno what the three numbers the Xbox folks use following their advertisement for relic groups is supposed to represent.

    It's a call and return number.
    Example:
    Host calls out "Axi V8 radshare 511"
    Anyone interested in joining that particular mission types "511" in chat and the host invites them.

    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
    dipuc4life
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited October 10
    ah I see, because you can filter by strings so you filter your chat by "511" or whatever arbitrary number you picked if you're forming a group?

    BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    dipuc4life
  • dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    edited October 10
    kralizecc wrote: »
    Welp, the apparent good feelings of communities coming together has faded for the most part. Irritation at different cultures, both based on dysfunctional systems of validation has lead to what we all probably assumed would happen. There's still some goodwill from folks who just stay in chat to help people in between missions, but there's just so much more bad attitude than before, over the last couple days, makes me sad.

    WOW. People really need to get over themselves and just be grateful that match-making will be easier for the most part. I get it some probably feel that match-making was fine. But that's only true if your main platform is one with decent matchmaking. They should put away their e-peen and embrace the good instead of the bad. The game needs to consolidate all these separate communities and this crossplay can only be a good thing. But then again being a dick with the anonymity of a username and avatar and the distance of the internet comes naturally to most. Especially when one side has a superiority/inferiority complex.

    dipuc4life on
    NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    ah I see, because you can filter by strings so you filter your chat by "511" or whatever arbitrary number you picked if you're forming a group?

    And typing on the Xbox keyboard is a giant pain in the ass, so you don't want to as much as possible. Way quicker to put 3 numbers in a chatbox than it is try to PM someone.

    Fiendishrabbit
  • kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    dipuc4life wrote: »
    kralizecc wrote: »
    Welp, the apparent good feelings of communities coming together has faded for the most part. Irritation at different cultures, both based on dysfunctional systems of validation has lead to what we all probably assumed would happen. There's still some goodwill from folks who just stay in chat to help people in between missions, but there's just so much more bad attitude than before, over the last couple days, makes me sad.

    WOW. People really need to get over themselves and just be grateful that match-making will be easier for the most part. I get it some probably feel that match-making was fine. But that's only true if your main platform is one with decent matchmaking. They should put away their e-peen and embrace the good instead of the bad. The game needs to consolidate all these separate communities and this crossplay can only be a good thing. But then again being a dick with the anonymity of a username and avatar and the distance of the internet comes naturally to most. Especially when one side has a superiority/inferiority complex.

    I mean, I'm painting a picture that is more representative of a structural problem than a problem with the attitudes of a population. A server wide chat channel is more akin to twitter than an average of player perspectives. The people most active in the chat now are folks who had to wait for opportunities to be shitbirds. The perverse incentives of their self validation are hard to satisfy in the face of open goodwill, not that it's a calculated thing. The cracks just opened wide enough to let more of them express themselves in the ways they've been trained to do it.


    All the advantages of crossplay and the appreciation of such, and the goodness of a bigger community are still there, we're just seeing the scum slowly separate from the emulsion and float to the surface. Was bound to happen, takes active and often large scale activity to counter it. Not likely to come from DE chat mods if history is any indicator of future behavior.

    In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Eh, Xbox chat is usually... Well, see "keyboard". And the moderation certainly seems to be present, but tbh I only ever look at "mostly-empty clan/squad" and "trade", so...

  • dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    kralizecc wrote: »
    dipuc4life wrote: »
    kralizecc wrote: »
    Welp, the apparent good feelings of communities coming together has faded for the most part. Irritation at different cultures, both based on dysfunctional systems of validation has lead to what we all probably assumed would happen. There's still some goodwill from folks who just stay in chat to help people in between missions, but there's just so much more bad attitude than before, over the last couple days, makes me sad.

    WOW. People really need to get over themselves and just be grateful that match-making will be easier for the most part. I get it some probably feel that match-making was fine. But that's only true if your main platform is one with decent matchmaking. They should put away their e-peen and embrace the good instead of the bad. The game needs to consolidate all these separate communities and this crossplay can only be a good thing. But then again being a dick with the anonymity of a username and avatar and the distance of the internet comes naturally to most. Especially when one side has a superiority/inferiority complex.

    I mean, I'm painting a picture that is more representative of a structural problem than a problem with the attitudes of a population. A server wide chat channel is more akin to twitter than an average of player perspectives. The people most active in the chat now are folks who had to wait for opportunities to be shitbirds. The perverse incentives of their self validation are hard to satisfy in the face of open goodwill, not that it's a calculated thing. The cracks just opened wide enough to let more of them express themselves in the ways they've been trained to do it.


    All the advantages of crossplay and the appreciation of such, and the goodness of a bigger community are still there, we're just seeing the scum slowly separate from the emulsion and float to the surface. Was bound to happen, takes active and often large scale activity to counter it. Not likely to come from DE chat mods if history is any indicator of future behavior.

    This part right here. More than likely that's it. We have to remember that you have a small contingent that don't want to wait on console updates. Some are probably bitter that they have to wait because the consoles have a approval/verification stage. If you ask me it's very self-centered. But these shitbirds (as you call them, I too shall adopt this naming convention) hope that by making it toxic that DE will reverse course. If it bothers them that much they can turn it off ... so why come in just to shit on the fun of others? Well, unfortunately Warframe has a contingent of players that only look at the negative side. No matter what good comes along they will find a way to shit on others fun. They have become jaded and rather than stop playing they make it their mission to bring others into the hating folds. This seems to be their logic "I don't like the direction the game is going so I want others to also not like the direction the game is going. Then I can hope to get that one thing back that proved my existence". I'd much rather them just go away.

    NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    I dunno what the three numbers the Xbox folks use following their advertisement for relic groups is supposed to represent.

    It's a call and return number.
    Example:
    Host calls out "Axi V8 radshare 511"
    Anyone interested in joining that particular mission types "511" in chat and the host invites them.

    Nifty. TMYK.

    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    So. I got a Velox pistol riven from the last archon hunt. Unrolled it's +40-ish vs infested, +100-ish multishot, +200-ish damage, so I felt it would be a shame to just recycle it. If anyone in the alliance wants it give me a shout-out in clan/alliance chat.

    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
    Commander Zoomkralizecc
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    I think I'm finally mostly done with this game. I might stick my head back in for big patches, but I doubt I'll be doing any serious grinding.

  • dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    I think I'm finally mostly done with this game. I might stick my head back in for big patches, but I doubt I'll be doing any serious grinding.

    Say it ain't so .... my last Switch buddy. It'll be infinitely lonelier without you around. Let's hope that cross-play arrives before the last of us calls it a day ... *sets alarm for 42 years* ... GodSpeed.

    NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    I think I'm finally mostly done with this game. I might stick my head back in for big patches, but I doubt I'll be doing any serious grinding.

    In fairness, this is also how I play it. Other than "big patches" I have basically... Everything. So I dabble when it's fun. Perfectly legit approach IMO.

    kralizeccBahamutZERODarmakHappylilElfdipuc4lifeRoyceSraphim
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    jothki wrote: »
    I think I'm finally mostly done with this game. I might stick my head back in for big patches, but I doubt I'll be doing any serious grinding.

    In fairness, this is also how I play it. Other than "big patches" I have basically... Everything. So I dabble when it's fun. Perfectly legit approach IMO.

    I haven't played since January. At this point I might wait until the next big update after next January before I play again. I don't know about whatever is coming up, I'm just saying in general whatever and whenever it happens is when I'll dip back in and see what all shit has changed (and a lot has, apparently)

    JtgVX0H.png
    Lucid_Seraphkralizecc
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    It was the Kahl missions that finally did it for me. The first one that I got was to shut down a veil factory. I managed to get through the stealth section fine (as painful as it was), but on my way out I got tired enough of getting ambiguously one-shot by Deacons that were themselves already dead that I eventually just quit out. I don't know if it's like Sorties where you're supposed to just sometimes take the day off, but I didn't bother to stick around to find out.

Sign In or Register to comment.