As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fighting Game Thread] Street Fighter 6 demo out now on playstation.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    preordered it on pc so very excited to find out surprise its a bad port (although i think they played on the pc version at redbull kumite? so it might be fine :surprised: )

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    I feel like a good pc port is a big boon to get those free streamer ads. More tools for people to stream your thing easily.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I'm still on PS4. Maybe I'll get a gaming PC one day.

• Options
    Well right now a windows update is keeping me from losing at street fighter so I'm coming around on the ps idea.

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    I'll be on console

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Also join the discord to help convince p10 to play bloodborne

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    VF5 online was pretty good actually. Not that it actually matters because it's Virtua Fighter so most people weren't going to play it anyway :bzz:

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Never underestimate how many people will play something because it's free

The real question is how many will stick around. I'm actually pretty curious. Not like there are a ton of free fighting games.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Max is showing off wallthrows from the new VF5 release. I guess Sega granted him early access.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    Jasconius wrote: »
    Also join the discord to help convince p10 to play bloodborne

Don't play bloodborne. :biggrin:

chamberlain on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Why does that young man like beating up old people?

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    For the longest time, my brain would think "fighting game" when I heard Dynasty Warriors and I had to remind myself it was a musou, and then I would struggle to remember what Three Kingdoms-themed fighting game I was thinking of but could never remember.

I just learned that the very first Dynasty Warriors game was a fighting game, and since it came out when I was in highschool/college and regularly visiting game stores I guess that got lodged in my memory somehow.

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Still can't believe spooky getting the leaked copy of ssf4 has now lead to consistent saturation of free prerelease codes for streamers even for a literal 10 year old port for virtual fighter

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Still can't believe spooky getting the leaked copy of ssf4 has now lead to consistent saturation of free prerelease codes for streamers even for a literal 10 year old port for virtual fighter

Sega itself coming into LI Joe's stream and giving out VF codes was pretty hype, too.

I am so psyched for VF too, I want to fight everyone.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Man, the VF5 re release doesn't include the Quest mode and they're selling all the customization parts as separate DLC.

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Man, the VF5 re release doesn't include the Quest mode and they're selling all the customization parts as separate DLC.
    Not all of them, some, but yeah....I think anyways, I got the DLC immediately as it had ALL the BGMs it seemed like..

No Quest mode is a bummer, but that was 4 anyways, right? And cosmetics being DLC with I've been worse down with over the years and am fine with (especially as it's a PS Plus game).

Bizazedo on
  • Options
    Is there a kumite mode?

I think that was in VF4, but that was a long time ago. And it may have been Tekken.

• Options
    edited June 2021
    I may try VF a bit after I finish Mass Effect LE but I can only juggle 1 new(for me) fighting game at a time rn so that'll probably be Strive.

That said the more I watch of VF the more I see SC drew a lot of inspiration from it so I would be very interested in a 6.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    My favorite part of VF might be the replay feed on the main menu. Just saw a match where a Brad took two rounds off an obviously AFK Pai, then the Pai came back and completely dominated them. It was hilarious.

Maybe I'll play myself at some point.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    KoF15 delayed to Q1 22

SNK GLOBAL
    @SNKPofficial
    [Announcement]
    Due to rising cases of COVID-19 within Japan, the development timeline for KOF XV was adjusted, with the release window changing from 2021 to Q1 2022.
    We apologize and thank you for your understanding and patience.
    #KOF

News release
    https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/us/press/2021/060201/

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Wow, I am really bad at VF.

What do you mean all mediums are overheads?! I can't just undo decades of down back.

chamberlain on
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Oh yeah that's a 3D thing.

In 3D fighters mids are the best attacks and usually lead to the most damage. They can't be ducked but many of them are usually negative on block.

Highs are usually the fastest and safest(sometimes advantagous) attacks but they're duckable.

Lows can't be blocked standing but they're death on block and many are negative on hit. Also they usually don't give a big reward with a few exceptions.

So yeah you usually want to stand block most of the time.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Actually ended up fighting Spooky of Team Spooky last night. If you want to see the Virtua Fighter rust in all the glory....

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1042783263?t=02h55m37s

• Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Oh yeah that's a 3D thing.

In 3D fighters mids are the best attacks and usually lead to the most damage. They can't be ducked but many of them are usually negative on block.

Highs are usually the fastest and safest(sometimes advantagous) attacks but they're duckable.

Lows can't be blocked standing but they're death on block and many are negative on hit. Also they usually don't give a big reward with a few exceptions.

So yeah you usually want to stand block most of the time.

Thinking for half a second yeah this makes way more sense for real fighting vs...crouching and cowering being the best defense.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I'm glad to see there's a bunch of people here planning on getting GG Strive on PC. I was worried I'd have a lack of people to play with!

There's always the hope that they enable crossplay with the PS versions of the game, but with no news of that pre-launch I assume it'll be something that will come in the months after release, if at all.

• Options
    I think I've gotten as high as I can get, ranked wise (Hunter), in VF5 going on pure footsies and VF2 / VF4 era knowledge. That and I'm starting to think Jacky's not the best, tier wise, anyways lol....

Might be wrong on that, but feels like it.

Could actually start putting in effort, but I dunno. Game *is* 15+ years old so...ehhh.

• Options
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    I think I've gotten as high as I can get, ranked wise (Hunter), in VF5 going on pure footsies and VF2 / VF4 era knowledge. That and I'm starting to think Jacky's not the best, tier wise, anyways lol....

Could actually start putting in effort, but I dunno. Game *is* 15+ years old so...ehhh.

If you enjoy it, the time isn't wasted. Well, all fighting games are kinda a waste? But who cares, so is painting if you wanna get that utilitarian about it. Fuck it, play games, make stuff, maybe DON't Eat at Arby's. At least not nihilist arbys.

• Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular

To my knowledge, S tier is Akira and Jacky, so it might be a knowledge thing. If top players are focusing on some specific tools, you just gotta find out what they are.

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    At this point I kind of want Strive to come out just so "The Discourse" will finally end.

So many hot takes everywhere.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Can't Escape From Crossing Fate

(Crossing Fate is Discourse)

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    templewulf wrote: »
    To my knowledge, S tier is Akira and Jacky, so it might be a knowledge thing. If top players are focusing on some specific tools, you just gotta find out what they are.
    Interesting to know. I looked up some tournaments on VFDC and no one who placed well was using Jacky, but the playerbase was small.

I was trying to find some good videos of top Jacky players, but searching on YouTube is terrible with the fact that 5 existed prior, so if anyone knows of any names of Jacky players, please yell.

If you enjoy it, the time isn't wasted. Well, all fighting games are kinda a waste? But who cares, so is painting if you wanna get that utilitarian about it. Fuck it, play games, make stuff, maybe DON't Eat at Arby's. At least not nihilist arbys.
    It's more a playerbase thing. If the game's players dry up as fast as anticipated, it'll be a barren wasteland. Don't want to spend a lot of effort to get good battling the same 5 people, etc.

• Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    At this point I kind of want Strive to come out just so "The Discourse" will finally end.

The discourse will merely evolve not go away

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    simulacrum wrote: »

The discourse will merely evolve not go away

Well, instead of reflecting on themselves,

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    templewulf wrote: »
    Interesting to know. I looked up some tournaments on VFDC and no one who placed well was using Jacky, but the playerbase was small.

I was trying to find some good videos of top Jacky players, but searching on YouTube is terrible with the fact that 5 existed prior, so if anyone knows of any names of Jacky players, please yell.
    What's surprising is that tournament placement tends to be all over the cast. A lot of the pros think that the tiers are very compressed, and every character stands a chance at winning. There's a very long news item about it on VFDC https://virtuafighter.com/threads/vf5fs-tier-list-2019-update.21278/

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    So there is a rumor going around that ArcSys may be working on a MHA 2v2 fighter.

I think its bs as Team Blue is already working on Dungeon Fighter Z but that's the current scuttlebutt.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I heard that was total BS somebody made up on a message board (not this one)

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I heard that was total BS somebody made up on a message board (not this one)

The source was an anon post on 4chan so it being bullshit is probably a safe bet, yeah

7h8wnycre6vs.png
This discussion has been closed.