As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Giant Bomb] was a website about video games

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

SimBenPwnanObrienBucketmanagoajAzraithTheySlashThemStilts
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    We haven't proved E3 is alive yet

i would say the site is continuing to be at least as alive as e3 is

CelloSimBenBahamutZEROPeewiBucketmandarunia106TankHammerTheySlashThemBrolonever die
  • SimBenSimBen Registered User regular

Anyone.

sig.gif
    TallahasseerielTankHammerCrippl3
    edited May 4
    E3 is eventually going to become Jeff Gerstmann, alone in a room with a Game Boy while Lockdown is playing on speakers

neither side willing to turn off the lights first

SimBen on
    sig.gif
    el_vicioCelloBahamutZEROPeewiPwnanObrienWeedLordVegetaBucketmandarunia106DiarmuidAistanSCREECH OF THE FARGCrippl3TheySlashThemSnicketysnicknever dieStiltsPeenErin The Red
  • I needed a gnome to post.I needed a gnome to post. boom Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »

that's a picture of Jeff Gerstmann, who is a member of Giant Bomb, the website this thread is about

liEt3nH.png
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    well i have officially reached the sitting in empty office alone crying about some people who don't know who i am quitting a website on the internet stage of grief

just having a normal one i guess

aeNqQM9.jpg
    el_vicioBucketmanLeumasWhitenever die
  • el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular

that's a picture of Jeff Gerstmann, who is a member of Giant Bomb, the website this thread is about

I obviously thought that there was more to it than that, but thanks

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular

PwnanObrienDiarmuidTankHammerCrippl3PeenDee Kae
    Of all the internet parasocial relationships I've one-sidedly entertained, Giant Bomb is certainly the podcast I've dreamt about being on the most often

sig.gif
    Ubikel_vicioUndead ScottsmanPwnanObrienMaddocBucketmanEndaroKyouguOmnomnomPancakenever diePeenErin The RedDee Kae
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

they continued this bit past this too. even after austin left, any time he guested on a video feature they'd continue it

my favorite one was when they did the east coast vs. west coast rocket league game and dan offered austin some snacks across the split screen

SimBenMorivethMx. QuillAistanTankHammerCrippl3admanbSnicketysnickAthenornever dieturtleantPeenErin The RedReynoldsSleep
  • I needed a gnome to post.I needed a gnome to post. boom Registered User regular
    mgh6mxj9kk3a.png

liEt3nH.png
    augustSimBenPwnanObrienAshcroftdarunia106DiarmuidagoajAistanSCREECH OF THE FARGTankHammerCrippl3admanbgtrmpStilts
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Good on Vinny for getting his spinal surgery done before he lost his insurance. :)

el_vicioJayKaosSimBenSpeed RacerPwnanObrienEndAshcroftJragghenSweeney TomagoajAzraithSCREECH OF THE FARGCormacCrippl3webguy20admanbTheySlashThemSnicketysnickjkylefultonOmnomnomPancakenever diemxmarksRhesus PositiveStiltsAtari SoulPeenPenumbrapookaErin The RedexpendableReynoldsSleep
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    for a site that is not technically ending, this stream really has some finality to it

they are now running down every former staff member and discussing them

6F32U1X.png
    SimBen
  • PeewiPeewi I'm a cube now Registered User regular

Switch: SW-6132-4331-5349 || Steam profile
    Nz3ekNM.png
    augustKevin CristAistanTankHammerCrippl3
    Hey, since it's may the 4th, remember that no one's ever really gone

huh guys

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

Mr. G wrote: »
    for a site that is not technically ending, this stream really has some finality to it

they are now running down every former staff member and discussing them

oh god are they up to Dan yet

I'm gonna listen tomorrow I can't wait for the Dan segment

sig.gif
  • akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Based on some of this podcast talk I feel like Vinny at least is looking forward to not being on that side of the camera for a while.
    Which is sad for me in a greedy way. Wish all three of them the best.

el_vicioPwnanObrienSimBenBeef AvengerOmnomnomPancakenever diePeenErin The Red
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I never listened the podcasts much, mostly quick looks and other video stuff, so I was very confused when I saw tweets about dismantling the East studio a few months back, wondered if the East bit was gonna merge back once the pandemic ended or just cease to exist. Guess that question got answered!

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
    BahamutZERO
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    Hey, since it's may the 4th, remember that no one's ever really gone

huh guys

THE DEAD SPEAK!

sig.gif
    el_vicioMaddocMunkus BeaverZonugal
    I've got premium until next year, so they've gotta keep going, right? That's how this works?

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Jeff just said they are giving all subs a free month added on while they are retooling.

steam_sig.png
    SimBen
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »

I really which Ryan and Dan had gotten to work together.

Specifically for Ryan to yell at him when he said some dumb shit.

Peewiel_vicioBahamutZEROagoajAistanTankHammernever dieErin The Red
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    I mean...on occasion I listen to this orchestral theme of The 1up Show...

So, really looking forward to the slow sad cover of Lockdown.

Mwx884o.jpg
    OmnomnomPancake
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Well they're giving everyone an additional month of premium because it sounds like production is going to ramp way down for a little bit while they make some changes, sounds like Bakalar will likely be a bigger part of Giant Bomb proper going forward as well

97H9G7S.png PSN - Masked Unit | FFXIV - Laitarne Gilgamesh
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Veagle wrote: »
    Jeff just said they are giving all subs a free month added on while they are retooling.

I imagine they saw just a metric fuckton of cancelations over the last two hours.

el_vicioSpeed RacerSimBenFencingsaxMunkus BeaverPwnanObrienSweeney TomWeedLordVegetaKnight_CormacCrippl3webguy20Snicketysnicknever dieRhesus PositiveMagellErin The Red
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    well, that stream ending with Vinny making sure to pay homage to Ryan Davis while his voice was audibly breaking made it very hard

6F32U1X.png
    SimBenAistanPeen
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I use to listen to both podcasts every week. I haven't in awhile. Since around when Dan left. But uh...why is everyone leaving? Are they just done with the format, or did something happen?

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Probably, but I think they probably saw it coming, because the tone was very much "Hey we're extending everyone's premium, hopefully once we're back on track you'll still stick around with us"

Maddoc wrote: »
    Well they're giving everyone an additional month of premium because it sounds like production is going to ramp way down for a little bit while they make some changes, sounds like Bakalar will likely be a bigger part of Giant Bomb proper going forward as well

Huh

I would've expected the opposite, since he got hired more vaguely in the "games division" I thought he'd just work at Gamespot and maybe appear on the Bombcast

sig.gif
    SimBen wrote: »
    Maddoc wrote: »

Huh

I would've expected the opposite, since he got hired more vaguely in the "games division" I thought he'd just work at Gamespot and maybe appear on the Bombcast

Jeff kind of said offhand that some of these changes were part of the reason Bakalar was brought over, so yeah, I dunno

Bucketman wrote: »
    I use to listen to both podcasts every week. I haven't in awhile. Since around when Dan left. But uh...why is everyone leaving? Are they just done with the format, or did something happen?

we don't really know for sure, but it's very likely it's got something to do with their recent purchase by Red Venture

VeagleBahamutZEROKetBraWeedLordVegetanever die
  • JarsJars Registered User regular

KetBraJC of DIDee Kae