Options

[Giant Bomb] was a website about video games

1626364656668»

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I was organizing stuff when I was reminded that I, in fact, own a Giant Bomb Jersey, and that's very weird.

Like, what do you do when you have a customized sports jersey with your name on it, but you don't really follow the team anymore? I can't sell this and I don't have any malice towards Giant Bomb now so I don't want to get rid of it.

This thing is just going to live in my closet until the end of time.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I was organizing stuff when I was reminded that I, in fact, own a Giant Bomb Jersey, and that's very weird.

Like, what do you do when you have a customized sports jersey with your name on it, but you don't really follow the team anymore? I can't sell this and I don't have any malice towards Giant Bomb now so I don't want to get rid of it.

this is a pretty normal experience for jerseys tbh

• Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    q2p48nkys22z.jpeg

PRAISE BE

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i don't think getting rid of the jersey would be an expression of malice against giant bomb

if you're not gonna wear it ever again get rid of it

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular

Find a place that recycles fabric.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Yeah I have a Gerstfield pullover that’s just in my regular rotation. Bit different than a giant bomb themed sports jersey I suppose but I just don’t really think about it too much

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    i don't think getting rid of the jersey would be an expression of malice against giant bomb

if you're not gonna wear it ever again get rid of it

It's unfortunately an obscene amount of money to spend on something that I only wound up wearing a couple of times. It was my go-to PAX outfit. Stupid COVID.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Is there any reason not to just wear it? "What? Oh, it's an internet thing."

I still wear my Gary Whitta "Shoot that guy" t-shirt and GB "I'm a wizard..." ditto.

13iepvv6o8ip.png
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Closer look at the shirt mentioned in the ARG:

lkk5ofbmbu5d1.png?auto=webp&s=4f80f9a41c4992e1cdfebc55625f734a2288d892

The bug bomb and Ryan Davis' burning pile of money are some good deep cuts too early GB.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 11
    Whoa, that was some nostalgia overload.

I've been bouncing between Remap, Gerstmann and Nextlander for the Not-E3 coverage. Remap had the most people, Jeff had the most insight and Nextlander.. was just kind of there.

But then I caught this clip on Youtube.
    https://www.youtube.com/shorts/rRS8i1CFpQ8

Man, that's really the kind of energy I've missed from these other places.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited June 11
    Closer look at the shirt mentioned in the ARG:

The bug bomb and Ryan Davis' burning pile of money are some good deep cuts too early GB.

That shirt is amazing.

Does it have a ref to "Wait, pirates just went around stealing shit?" I couldn't find? Still one of my faves.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    vinny in the telepresence robot rolling onto the gamespot stage is still one of the very funniest things i have ever seen live.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_ wrote: »
    vinny in the telepresence robot rolling onto the gamespot stage is still one of the very funniest things i have ever seen live.

That was Brad.

Vinny popped up later on and videobombed UPF with Mr. Roboto.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    you right, i squished the two moments together in my head.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I ended up finding myself not really enjoying the GB talk over of SGF and bailed like halfway through, personally.

Like I know the idea is they talk over the stream, but like every time a game they weren't instantly already interested in showed they would just start an unrelated conversation and then occasionally go "Wait what was that game?"

It's funny that, for as much as people bag on Jeff for being Jaded Old Man Video Games, he was still more dialed into what was actually being shown.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited June 13
    I still enjoy GB but it seems a lot of the current core has the mentality of "well it's not something I'm into so I'm not interested".

Weirdly enough Dan is the one that seems more open to trying new stuff.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I only hear Dan when he appears on the Beastcast reunion podcast but he's a lot more open minded now