As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The (old) [TV] Thread: Reservation Dogs now streaming on Hulu!

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I'm not sure I've seen 100 sitcoms

AphostilehonoveretynicasofyeunPeewiMunkus BeaverDouglasDangerAndy JoeJansonAistanStiltsEmperorSethJoolanderAbsurdProposition
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Ugh, I’ll have to work on a list later, but Friends is anti-funny and I think y’all are crazy for rating it so high, no matter how seminal it is

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    AphostileCentipede DamascusDeadfallHacksawFrylockHolmesA Dabble Of TheloniusPeentwotimesadingoJanson
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    i uh

had 207 contenders

7656367.jpg
    friends is hilarious

7656367.jpg
    ZonugalMaddocshoeboxjeddyBloodsheedDixon
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Disagree. I ain’t ever laughed at a Friends and I ain’t about to start

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    AphostilehonovereDeadfallHacksawDouglasDangerStilts
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    Reviewing my list, I think Ted Danson is the most reoccurring sitcom featured-actor on there.

Which makes sense, that dude is a legend.

Edit: Oh, I think Julia Louis-Dreyfus ties him, which also seems fair.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    MatevAphostileMaddocasofyeunCristoval
  • DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    I don't know if I could name 100 sitcoms

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
    TofystedethAistanMysst
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I don't think I've starred in 100 sitcoms

• HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    @zonugal i respect that you are still the world's only running wild fan, but you can burn in hell for spurning the urk man

He is not the only Running Wild fan in the world, I'll have you know.

Reynolds
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    3cl1ps3 wrote: »
    I'm not sure I've seen 100 sitcoms

I definitely have but at least half are vauge memories from my childhood

Like theres one with a living ventriloquist dummy and another with like a halloween episode about zombies or something?

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Friends spends a remarkable amount of time calling each other gay

Quire.jpg
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I've started watching WB's 2002's Greg Berlanti's Everwood, and goddamn if this isn't one of the bugfuck weirdest shows I've seen

It's, "If you attempt to describe the plot of an episode, you sound you're fucking with people" bonkers. It's absurd on its own, and even more absurd in the context in which it came out. I am fascinated by this piece of shit.

ChallDevlin_Dragonus
  • OdinOdin Registered User regular

Truly groundbreaking

• BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    Kinda wild that no one seems to remember the true #1 sitcom, Small Wonder.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I've started watching WB's 2002's Greg Berlanti's Everwood, and goddamn if this isn't one of the bugfuck weirdest shows I've seen

It's, "If you attempt to describe the plot of an episode, you sound you're fucking with people" bonkers. It's absurd on its own, and even more absurd in the context in which it came out. I am fascinated by this piece of shit.

Okay, so I started reading the Wikipedia synopsis of the show and the first season sounded normal enough (aside from Chris Pratt's character being named 'Bright', apparently) but then I got to the beginning of season 2
    where a doctor apparently let a teenager die rather than live with a disability

And yeah, that's pretty wild.

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I watched

a lot of Everwood when it was airing. I remembered it for far longer than I should have, but it had vanished from my mind until now.

Devlin_Dragonus
  • BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    BillyIdle wrote: »
    Kinda wild that no one seems to remember the true #1 sitcom, Small Wonder.

https://youtu.be/1h8hPA7ga9E

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
    SorceBillyIdletynic
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    12 new episodes of Mystery Science Theater 3000 have been fundraised <3

SproutJohnny ChopsockyTofystedethastrobstrdCentipede Damascus3cl1ps3Andy JoePaperLuigi44Dee Kaepooka
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    12 new episodes of Mystery Science Theater 3000 have been fundraised <3

Now to get to 5.8!

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

Maddoc
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular

And I’m not excusing it at all for it. I don’t really watch it anymore because of that, but I think if you are going to cross friends off the list, you’re going to have to remove the vast majority of comedies pre-2005 where a lot of shows went for quick easy jokes of calling men effeminate or two guys being friends gay.

ZonugalNarbusMagellshoeboxjeddyTofystedethSleep3cl1ps3The Lovely BastardDevlin_DragonusLindsay LohanDixonTheStigReynolds
  • Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    30 Coins season 1 finale:
    I stayed up late to finish the season and boy was that a disappointment. The episode starts off with the three main characters shooting at a kaiju-sized demon that just fucks off for no reason. Then it ends with the main bad guy getting the thirty coins and declaring himself the evil pope only for a dove to start pestering him until the priest can tackle him from the balcony (while the demon that had previously turned into a kaiju just stands around and does nothing; of course, supposedly super powerful people and entities doing next to nothing to advance their goals, for some reason, has been a staple of the show by now). Plus it looks like the mayor's incredibly irritating wife is going to be the new villain.

I don't know if I've ever had a season finale take me from wanting to recommend a show to people to looking at the rest of the season more negatively in retrospect.

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    The 30 Coins finale was good, actually.

I went from being sure that this was a one season limited series to absolutely on board for a second season.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »

And I’m not excusing it at all for it. I don’t really watch it anymore because of that, but I think if you are going to cross friends off the list, you’re going to have to remove the vast majority of comedies pre-2005 where a lot of shows went for quick easy jokes of calling men effeminate or two guys being friends gay.

that's not unreasonable considering other shows have kinda been poisoned too

like, the cosby show essentially defined modern era family sitcoms and holds a special place in a lot of peoples hearts and that shit is fucking radioactive now

putting shows in their place in the culture of the time is important, but modern critical analysis also it

• Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    Ketar wrote: »
    The 30 Coins finale was good, actually.

I went from being sure that this was a one season limited series to absolutely on board for a second season.

I'll admit it was at least kind of funny that
    the episode starts with a completely over-the-top scene featuring a demonic kaiju formed from the merged bodies of the damned and ends with the main villain (who has magic powers and the thirty coins that are supposed to bring about the new Satanic world order) getting distracted by a bird and tackled from a balcony (I can't help wondering why everybody still wants the coins when apparently having all thirty does nothing to protect you).

I'm not gonna lie, I'll give the second season a chance because they pretty much made it impossible to return to the status quo, and maybe the wife character will go from annoying to entertaining now that she's joined team Satan.

Also just remembered the "Hitler started the Holocaust because he heard a Jew had one of the coins, which is what he was really after" claim in an earlier episode.

Hexmage-PA on
    how many episodes of the simpsons would run short/not exist if you removed all the racist stereotypes

7656367.jpg
    Sweeney TomStraightziZonugal3cl1ps3HacksawMatevMidnitenever die
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    how many episodes of the simpsons would run short/not exist if you removed all the racist stereotypes

It would be fun to find out

Dee Kae
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    30 coins uh, spoiler? not really, just a question.
    are the 30 coins the 30 pieces of silver Judas got for betraying Jesus?

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

yes

Depressperado
  • akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    30 Coins Finale
    I was a bit disappointed that it wasn't more of a out with a blaze of glory finale and a one and done season, or at least more wrapped up. The back half is all a bit weak in purely trying to setup the idea that this will continue on.
    But on the flip side, it's over the top nonsense from start to finish in kind of an amazing stylized way, so I would absolutely watch some more 30 Coins.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

Pre season 11? Probably about 20. Post? Triple digits easily

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

Apu was in way more than 20 episodes

Sweeney TomZonugalThe Lovely BastardCentipede DamascusMagell3cl1ps3honovereDouglasDangerNarbusMatevMidniteStiltsBloodsheednever die
  • BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

Apu Fat Tony Akira Luigi Willy Bumble Bee Man was in way more than 20 episodes

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
    JayKaosZonugal
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Okay some of those are Italians and everyone knows it's okay to be racist against Italians

The Lovely BastardCentipede DamascusZonugalMagell3cl1ps3sponoNarbusDepressperadoMegaMan001KwoaruBedigunzTheStigWheatBun01Mysst
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    I know Bumble Bee Man being voiced by a white man is pretty problematic, but I also give the character a bit of a leeway because he's a a parody of El Chapulin Colorado, a Mexican tv character so it feels like they're targeting something specific instead of the culture.

Kyougu on
    MaddocDevlin_Dragonus
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    zonugal i respect that you are still the world's only running wild fan, but you can burn in hell for spurning the urk man

oh god

there are two of you

7656367.jpg
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    zonugal i respect that you are still the world's only running wild fan, but you can burn in hell for spurning the urk man

oh god

there are two of you

We will eventually be legion!

Eventually!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    HacksawReynolds
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

oh god

there are two of you

We will eventually be legion!

Eventually!

because you reproduce by budding, or

AphostileThe Lovely BastardZonugal
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

yes

It's also not much of a spoiler - the opening credits portray exactly that.

Grislo
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

Okay, so I started reading the Wikipedia synopsis of the show and the first season sounded normal enough (aside from Chris Pratt's character being named 'Bright', apparently) but then I got to the beginning of season 2
    where a doctor apparently let a teenager die rather than live with a disability

And yeah, that's pretty wild.

I am going to copy and paste the summary of episode two that I sent to AJ last night

"There's a fall festival, and it matters who dates are. But Ephraim is worried his crush will only say yes to him because his brilliant Surgeon Dad could maybe use his surgery to bring her comatose boyfriend back to awareness. Meanwhile, Surgeon Dad continues to torment his nemesis, Local Doctor Who Has Never Bothered Anyone. Steals his favorite table at Gino Chang's, a combination Italian Chinese restaurant. Also Surgeon Dad's tiny daughter is in a gender segregated classroom and she's doing a Rosa Parks."

Again, episode TWO. I have no idea what the show is actually about, aside from a big city doctor coming into a small town and bullying the local family doctor and this being portrayed as heroic for some reason

I've tried to imagine how this show was pitched, and it completely short-circuits my brain. I don't know how it was sold, I don't know why it was bought, I don't know how it ran four seasons, everything about it is b a f f l i n g

Centipede DamascusZonugal
    I am suddenly realizing that I have never known what Everwood is about

Like, I'm pretty sure I knew it existed, the name is familiar enough, but I could not tell you a single thing about it before this moment

DepressperadoKevin Crist
This discussion has been closed.