As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The (old) [TV] Thread: Reservation Dogs now streaming on Hulu!

• The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    i literally joined lego vip to get the second friends lego set sooner

multiple people texted me this morning to tell me about it being officially announced and never has my brand felt more justifable

like i was half awake on the bus, being bombarded by friends lego, listening to playlist comprised solely of punk o'rama volumes 1-10

and i felt nirvana

7656367.jpg
    ShortyCelloBucketmanZonugalSleepsponoMaddocMidnitemrpakuVeldrinSorcemxmarksnever die
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

multiple people texted me this morning to tell me about it being officially announced and never has my brand felt more justifable

like i was half awake on the bus, being bombarded by friends lego, listening to playlist comprised solely of punk o'rama volumes 1-10

and i felt nirvana

Which is weird, because they're not very punk at all

The Lovely BastardCelloBucketmanGarlic BreadZonugalsponoMatevMidniteVeldrinSorcenever dieJoolander
    Straightzi wrote: »

and i felt nirvana

Which is weird, because they're not very punk at all

yeah well i live in seattle and i hate myself so you know

7656367.jpg
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Kinda annoyed they didnt do the bedrooms but I guess those are easy to recreate

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    Wow, so the other day I put on the Simpsons as a 2nd monitor show. In the episode "Bart, the Genius" where he cheats his way into a gifted school, when they go to the opera he mocks it, singing "don't spit on the floor, use the cuspidor, that's what is for".
    I'd always assumed he'd just chosen a random rhyming word, probably not helped by that fact that by the time I was old enough to be good at words my brain had swapped it out with 'humidor'.
    But i just googled it and it's a spitoon, so he was actually being smart.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    Bucketman
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    New Peacock miniseries announced: Unidentified with Demi Lovato https://tvline.com/2021/05/11/demi-lovato-peacock-show-undiscovered-aliens/
    A four-part unscripted series in which Lovato, her sister Dallas Lovato and her “skeptical” best friend Matthew Scott Montgomery will “investigate recent eyewitness encounters, uncover secret government reports, and conduct tests at known UFO hot spots.”

According to Peacock, “Demi is a true believer, and during this courageous adventure, she hopes to convince her friends, family and her millions of followers that not only are there intelligent beings beyond Earth but that they are already here! Demi plans to learn enough about the extra-terrestrials through interviewing scientists, alien abductees, and her own experiments to initiate those close encounters and make peace with the aliens, and ultimately save ourselves. This series will be an immersive docu-follow exploration of Demi’s quest, told through her uniquely audacious and entertaining filter.”

hell yeah i'll watch this with my free sub

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

Deadline's a Hollywood industry mag
    FXX Orders Animated Comedy Series ‘Little Demon’; Danny & Lucy DeVito, Aubrey Plaza To Star, Dan Harmon To EP
    Created by Darcy Fowler, Seth Kirschner and Kieran Valla, in Little Demon, 13 years after being impregnated by the Devil (Danny DeVito), a reluctant mother (Plaza) and her Antichrist daughter (Lucy DeVito) attempt to live an ordinary life in Delaware, but are constantly thwarted by monstrous forces, including Satan, who yearns for custody of his daughter’s soul.

Oh, Dan Harmon still gets to hold leadership positions. Okay then.

(It is also funny that Lucy DeVito plays the daughter of the devil, given that there was once a show named Lucy, the Daughter of the Devil)

Andy JoeDracomicron
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    The Sopranos, the show I mentioned to you all in the last thread that I discovered myself and you guys should check out sometime, is weird. The dreams...more Lynchian than David Lynch.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Is Lynchian the right word? Or is Lynchy more appropriate. Like a Lynchy Martini.

New Peacock miniseries announced: Unidentified with Demi Lovato https://tvline.com/2021/05/11/demi-lovato-peacock-show-undiscovered-aliens/
    A four-part unscripted series in which Lovato, her sister Dallas Lovato and her “skeptical” best friend Matthew Scott Montgomery will “investigate recent eyewitness encounters, uncover secret government reports, and conduct tests at known UFO hot spots.”

According to Peacock, “Demi is a true believer, and during this courageous adventure, she hopes to convince her friends, family and her millions of followers that not only are there intelligent beings beyond Earth but that they are already here! Demi plans to learn enough about the extra-terrestrials through interviewing scientists, alien abductees, and her own experiments to initiate those close encounters and make peace with the aliens, and ultimately save ourselves. This series will be an immersive docu-follow exploration of Demi’s quest, told through her uniquely audacious and entertaining filter.”

hell yeah i'll watch this with my free sub

I recommend meatball parmigiana, if you have a choice.

Banzai5150
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Is Lynchian the right word? Or is Lynchy more appropriate. Like a Lynchy Martini.

"Lynchian" is how you describe a show where a coat talks to the main character in their dead mother's voice while the number "3" keeps flashing

"Lynchy" is how you describe a show Benioff and Weiss pitch to HBO about the Civil War South

MagellMvrcktynicHacksawBucketmanhonovereJoolander
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    "lycheean" is a show that's reminiscent of a small exotic fruit

Drez
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqcI0kk-Cts

A widow becomes the object of a dangerous stalker, obsessed with her husband's work
    Lisey's Story, the miniseries adaptation of Stephen King's book, designed for AppleTV+ with all episodes written by King, produced by JJ Abrams, and directed by Pablo Larrain (Jackie), premieres June 4
    Starring Julianne Moore and Clive Owen
    Cast also includes Jennifer Jason Leigh, Dane DeHaan, Joan Allen, Sung Kang and Ron Cephas Jones

A Dabble Of Thelonius
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    So I wasn’t sure on the Black Lightning spin-off of Painkiller they are planning but this last episode he had some really good quips in fights and I’m on board now if they just keep that attitude up.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

Sorce
    KalTorak wrote: »
    "lycheean" is a show that's reminiscent of a small exotic fruit

Erotic fruit

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    the constant is still a really good episode of television

The Lovely BastardZonugalGrey GhostStiltsCelloA Dabble Of TheloniusDevlin_DragonusAistanknitdanmxmarksEmperorSethRatsult2
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    the constant is still a really good episode of television

yeah, it's my number 4 episode of the whole series

my top 5 are

expose
    tricia tanaka is dead
    dr. linus
    the constant
    fire + water

i tried to do a top ten but i couldn't really sort after that

7656367.jpg
    CelloDevlin_Dragonus
  • BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    Adult Swim has just announced a Venture Bros film, Aqua Teen film, and METALOCALYPSE film!!!

PSN: BillyIdle_
    MaddocJedoc3cl1ps3MidniteTofystedethJayKaosrhylithSweeney TomtynicmrpakujkylefultonsponoSorcePeenEmperorSeth
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    BillyIdle wrote: »
    Adult Swim has just announced a Venture Bros film, Aqua Teen film, and METALOCALYPSE film!!!

Don't do this. Don't give me hope.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    Kinda saw the VB movie coming (still excited, though!), but the Metalocalypse one is genuinely surprising and thrilling

ATHF is a bit of a headscratcher, feels like the sun has set on that era of comedy, but they've surprised me before and maybe they will again

3cl1ps3TofystedethSweeney TomJedocMagellGrey GhostZonugalShortyKwoaruBillyIdleMaddocSporkAndrewMatevBucketmanTransporter
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Kinda saw the VB movie coming (still excited, though!), but the Metalocalypse one is genuinely surprising and thrilling

ATHF is a bit of a headscratcher, feels like the sun has set on that era of comedy, but they've surprised me before and maybe they will again

I guess Carl finally got ahold of his blood guy.

rhylithMacro9ChallBucketmanPeenTicaldfjam
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Brendon Small confirmed on twitter that the Metalocalypse movie at least is real.

SorceMatevBucketmanPeenTicaldfjam
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular

Cut You With A Linoleum Knife alone justified the existence of the first movie.

I have never laughed harder in a theater.

SleepSweeney TomPoorochondriacHacksawMidniteThe Lovely BastardShortyMaddocBucketmanTicaldfjam
    Naphtali wrote: »
    BillyIdle wrote: »

Don't do this. Don't give me hope.

You know what was a really good Venture Bros was Everybody Comes to Hank's

NaphtalitynicshoeboxjeddymrpakuHacksaw3cl1ps3JedocCellorhylithMagellMidnitejkylefultonOdinSporkAndrewMatevBucketmanTicaldfjamEmperorSethMysstJoolander
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Hopefully Hammer & Publick use this to give Venture Bros an ending

The show seemed like it was already moving into something resembling an endgame, maybe this can at least be a version where it has a nice bow on it, cause as it stood the series ended with like 3 separate cliffhangers

6F32U1X.png
    JedocshoeboxjeddyTofystedethSweeney TomMatevBucketmanTicaldfjam
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    That sounds nice but also it would be extremely Venture Bros to just have a bunch of cliffhangers as an ending

The Lovely BastardshoeboxjeddyrhylithPoorochondriacMagell3cl1ps3CelloSweeney TomDepressperadosponoOdintynicMidniteDee KaeMatevDouglasDangerNarbusTransporterpookaMysst
    Hearing about these three movies is sending me back to my senior year of college, sitting around with my best friends in our dorm living room watching the new episodes on adult swim every single night (remember when they had a new episode of something every day?!?)

God I miss those days

Munkus BeavermxmarksDouglasDangerBucketmanTicaldfjam
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Metalocalpyse will hopefully get their actual ending, but honestly I hope Jackson and Publick do whatever the fuck they want. Good on them

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    MatevPeenBucketman
    That sounds nice but also it would be extremely Venture Bros to just have a bunch of cliffhangers as an ending

I would typically agree, but the last season started getting into revealing stuff that was in question for like the entirety of the show’s run, so they kind of uncorked the bottle on the very few things that actually super need a resolution

6F32U1X.png
    Mr. G wrote: »

I would typically agree, but the last season started getting into revealing stuff that was in question for like the entirety of the show’s run, so they kind of uncorked the bottle on the very few things that actually super need a resolution

Oh I certainly think it would be nice if they answered those questions

I just also still expect the show to end on three separate cliffhangers

Different ones, maybe include some actual cliffs

3cl1ps3Bucketman
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    So we basically get three episodes of a season instead of the many they could have given if they just hadn’t canceled the show in the first place!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

Cello3cl1ps3Bucketman
    I've always been so desperately curious what Doc and Jackson's deals look like

The production schedule on the show has always been so weird, the show's never really been made like other TV, it's always existed in such a bizarre space

Librarian's ghostJayKaosJedocMagellGrey GhostHacksawShorty3cl1ps3shoeboxjeddyMatevDouglasDangerdurandal4532NarbusBucketmanMysstJoolander
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Anyone seen NEXT (John Slattery)? Any idea if it's good?

i cannot help you with this request nic, but i am now picturing roger sterling on the next bus and it is delightful

7656367.jpg
    tynicGarlic BreadPoorochondriacrhylithNarbusAphostilepooka
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    hit the midpoint of season 4 of Lost, got through Meet Kevin Johnson
    roommates were very upset at the end of Ji Yeon and I'm just sitting on knowledge that will make them very happy and knowledge that will upset them

mxmarksknitdanZonugalDevlin_DragonusThe Lovely BastardBucketman
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Venture Bros is still on Hulu in the USA, might as well give it another watch

I've always been so desperately curious what Doc and Jackson's deals look like

The production schedule on the show has always been so weird, the show's never really been made like other TV, it's always existed in such a bizarre space

It’s like the weird inverse of Larry David’s deal, where he can sit around for 7 years doing nothing and then decide “eh sure, another season” and they have to give it to him

Whereas they’re working on it the entire time and it just takes them 4 years to get anything done

6F32U1X.png
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    ages of the cheers cast during the pilot episode

i am older than everyone in this picture, somehow

SleepReynoldsMaddocHacksawMidniteShortyBloodsheedJoolander
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    That’s really confusing considering that isn’t a photo from the first season.

Blake T on
    ZonugalMuddy WaterKetarPeenThe JudgeElderlycrawfishCentipede DamascusMunkus BeaverThe Lovely BastardTaminTransporterpookaShortyRedTide
This discussion has been closed.