Options

🖥️🎮 - Live By the Sword Tactics & Out of Line out today!

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    She looks amazing what more sense could there be

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I saw Noclip is about to release a Dishonored documentary so am finally playing through Dishonored 2.

I didn't realise you could play as either Emily or Corvo, thought it was just Emily. Picked her anyway. Her teleport ability doesn't feel as good as Blink did in 1, I don't like the very slight delay between releasing the trigger and actually moving. Also not of fan of the the weird grabby hand animation. But the upgrade that lets you pull enemies towards you sounds cool.

So assuming I ever do a Corvo playthrough afterwards I figure it makes sense to do more passive with one and more lethal with the other. Does Corvo get the same powers he did in 1? Cos I was planning to do passive first but Emily's powers seem like they'd make for a decent murder run.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Corvo's powers in 2 are pretty similar to 1, yeah.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    also if you new game+ you get access to both sets of powers at once as a hilariously busted victory lap

• Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Dishonored 2 lets Corvo get the coveted Daud Blink from Knife of Dunwall. Wherein time fucking stops the moment you press the Blink button, and you blink upon release of said button.

Daud Blink is some right proper bullshit.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I saw Noclip is about to release a Dishonored documentary so am finally playing through Dishonored 2.

I didn't realise you could play as either Emily or Corvo, thought it was just Emily. Picked her anyway. Her teleport ability doesn't feel as good as Blink did in 1, I don't like the very slight delay between releasing the trigger and actually moving. Also not of fan of the the weird grabby hand animation. But the upgrade that lets you pull enemies towards you sounds cool.

So assuming I ever do a Corvo playthrough afterwards I figure it makes sense to do more passive with one and more lethal with the other. Does Corvo get the same powers he did in 1? Cos I was planning to do passive first but Emily's powers seem like they'd make for a decent murder run.

It's worth noting that upgrade means you can't pick their pockets from a distance. If you plan on going full on murder empress, it's great. If you plan on trying to stay hidden, it's kind of a trap.

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited May 2021

Yeah sadly Emily's grab/pull? caused me to start over cause it was just so much easier playing as Corvo due to the blink.

Note that this is due to me playing the games nonlethal. I imagine you'd get up to some beautiful lethality with her skill set.

Karoz on
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Yeah I think I'll play a bit more murdery with her and then if I want to play again I'll try to do ultra sneak with Corvo. I'll have the advantage of knowing the levels by then as well.

Completely unrelated, I just loaded up Elite Dangerous again for the first time in a while, and again got frustrated with trying to use a controller, but then discovered thanks to a random Reddit post that you can map multiple controller buttons together in the controls. So like I can have pitch and roll bound to the right stick and then LB + right stick for yaw. Which basically means I can have exponentially more controls on the controller without having to use the keyboard at all. Why did the game not mention this?? It makes it so much easier.

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Domino is a fantastic power whether your going Murder Empress or no. Linking up 4 dudes and taking them all down with a single drop knockout rules.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Is there a mod that does nothing but change the lady's hat to a ten gallon cowboy hat yet?

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    No but there's already 40 mods that make her naked.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I remember seeing one that replaces her head with Thomas the Tank Engine

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited May 2021
    Donnicton wrote: »
    I remember seeing one that replaces her head with Thomas the Tank Engine

actually horrifying
    3-1620088259-68194560.png

Also another good mod: replacing your infant daughter with chris redfield
    28-1620503835-995140089.jpeg

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    god I hate the new chris model

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    i love that chris looks different in every game he shows up in

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited May 2021
    VILLAGE: I am losing my mind at
    ethan reattaching his hand just by pouring first aid juice over the bloody stump

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    ethan reattaching his hand just by pouring first ad juice over the bloody stump

That's just science.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Hades:

I tried recording my attempt at Extreme Measures 4.

Watching it back, I'm realizing just how close the attempt came to be.
    Like, one hit either way and either of us could have won.

• Options
    ethan reattaching his hand just by pouring first ad juice over the bloody stump

I pointed it out in another thread but
    He still has a mold infection even though evie is dead

And also green herbs are straight up magic

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    So magical that it reattached the jacket cuff seamlessly too!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Resident evil is and always has been very dumb as well

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Resident evil is and always has been very dumb as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xuXkVzBdJQ

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    i love that clip so much

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    ethan reattaching his hand just by pouring first aid juice over the bloody stump

Did you play 7

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Did you play 7

i didn't finish it

Also: Lady Dimitrescu is... not very scary at all. She hasn't laid a finger on me the entire time. The castle has so many loop-backs and shortcuts that it's trivial to escape her, or run around her

they're good at this type of enemy and level design! It's weird that she's so much less threatening than Mr. X in the RE2 remake!

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I'm starting to feel like Mr. X was a fluke. That's basically twice now that they've failed to recapture the magic.

• Options
    I'm starting to feel like Mr. X was a fluke. That's basically twice now that they've failed to recapture the magic.

the baker dad was really scary too!

Lady D doesn't kool-aid man through a SINGLE wall

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited May 2021

the baker dad was really scary too!

Lady D doesn't kool-aid man through a SINGLE wall

In her defense, it's her house, and it's not a run-down shithole. It's a castle!

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    honestly before the game came out i was expecting dimitrescu to wind up getting got in like, the first hour of the game or whatever, and they were just leaning into her on marketing because of the initial reception, like Far Cry Vaas

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    10 hour segment in the middle of RE8 where you're just constantly dealing with that fucking doll, the real villain

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    honestly before the game came out i was expecting dimitrescu to wind up getting got in like, the first hour of the game or whatever, and they were just leaning into her on marketing because of the initial reception, like Far Cry Vaas

i was expecting her to not be that big of a deal, but i figured she'd be the act 2 villain

because i assumed the game was gonna ape RE4's structure, where you go from the village to the castle to an island

• Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Actually refresh my RE7 memory
    Ethan is some degree of super mutant right? Like he gets his shit cut OFF in that game and it's not so bad and he...grows it back? I forget what happened

Did you play 7
    Yeah he could do that in 7 with his feet too.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    Resident evil has never really been about grounded horror. Even in 7 it was still over the top. And I’m of the opinion that it’s tough for any medium to sustain horror for the length of a game, so I usually bank on it either being visually engaging, gripping or fun, which RE8 seems to be. Like once the initial scares and atmosphere becomes familiar, you want either cool things to see or cool things to do. Not saying they should abandon tension all together, but you kind of have to plan for the natural ebb of that initial sense of the unknown informing most of the fear in a player

I do hope at some point they go back to third person for a mainline entry though, I’m not opposed to first person, it’s great for immersion, but I hope they shake it up and don’t just have third person only for remakes

Prohass on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Resident Evil game is a puzzle game with jump scares, in my mind

Which is why I haven't liked a lot of starting with 4 and onward, I have not played 7 or 8 though

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Resident Evil game is a puzzle game with jump scares, in my mind

Which is why I haven't liked a lot of starting with 4 and onward, I have not played 7 or 8 though

7 returns to the 1-3 style of design

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I’m a big tent resident evil guy, for me there’s room for the old school puzzle heavy backtrack kind of gameplay, and the action nonsense gameplay of the worst entries. I just want variety and cool visuals

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Even by the end of 7 you're armed to the fucking teeth though

• Options
    resident evil is interesting to me because it's one of the most direct "AAA company responds to small-scale indie trends" in a while

resident evil 7 and 8 doesn't exist without Outlast, without Slender

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Even by the end of 7 you're armed to the fucking teeth though

That's fine, even in the original games you were carrying around a rocket launcher by the end

It's just that RE4 and 5 had far more of a focus on "Kill every enemy in this combat arena before you can move on"

This discussion has been closed.