Options

Spring cleaning

13»

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Just remember if you die with a bunch of a shit some ass hole like me is gonna have to rummage through it

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    that's the point!

leave the biggest mess possible!

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Just remember if you die with a bunch of a shit some ass hole like me is gonna have to rummage through it

This is a legit fear I have of my collections.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I did find PlayStation portable go in my filing cabinet for some reason recently

I legitimately love that thing. It was ahead of its time (digital) while still being a PSP.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Athenor wrote: »

I know somebody (or maybe I just saw this somewhere on the internet - let's pretend I know them), who, in their twilight years, has started gifting their belongings to friends and family, with handwritten messages explaining why they bought the thing(s), what it means to them, why they chose this person to pass it on to.

Having had to sort through the belongings of many dead grandparents and one parent, I think that's brilliant. I don't know why my grandmother kept a collection of strange and interesting wooden carvings in the bottom of an Indonesian lovechest, I don't know if they were emotionally or spiritually important, I got nothing. Would have loved to have some kind of insight into all that sort of thing.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited January 17
    Amusingly, I did actually do a bunch of clearing, tidying, and organising recently of the nerdcave and had considered posting my new wall of boardgames, but I'm not presently able to as I'm currently at a remote lodge surrounded by national park reachable only by boat or a 4 day coastal hike. No cellphone signal, but hooray for guest wifi?

Maybe I should go unearth the vacation thread.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Athenor wrote: »

I know somebody (or maybe I just saw this somewhere on the internet - let's pretend I know them), who, in their twilight years, has started gifting their belongings to friends and family, with handwritten messages explaining why they bought the thing(s), what it means to them, why they chose this person to pass it on to.

Having had to sort through the belongings of many dead grandparents and one parent, I think that's brilliant. I don't know why my grandmother kept a collection of strange and interesting wooden carvings in the bottom of an Indonesian lovechest, I don't know if they were emotionally or spiritually important, I got nothing. Would have loved to have some kind of insight into all that sort of thing.

I will definitely do a Hobbit birthday when I hit like 95.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Whoa who dug up this thread

It really doesn't spark joy in me though

Well in the bin with ye

Yeah, I was thinking "it's nowhere near spring yet, you degenerates"

Welp, now that it's in my mind, might as well clean the hob and vacuum

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    XenaLenaXenaLena Bumflum IndianaRegistered User regular

Well in the bin with ye

That remindes me. I should probably take my vacuum apart and give it a good scrubbing...may help with the dog smell XD

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    hey it's seasonally appropriate now!

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    XenaLena wrote: »

Well in the bin with ye

That remindes me. I should probably take my vacuum apart and give it a good scrubbing...may help with the dog smell XD

Now you are the vacuum cleaner

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Ah, spring cleaning time. I’ve got to go through a bunch of shit. Good news is I’ve lost weight (intentionally)! Bad news is now I have to sort through my clothes and replace a bunch.

I hate clothes shopping, bluh