As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Resident Evil / Biohazard] - Resident Evil Village expansion in October!

• DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    Jars wrote: »
    oh my god
    I'm trying to find the words to describe this. scrap tank versus transformer? does it transcend our clumsy language?

if i had to describe village with one word, "zany" might be it

this game is so stupid and I love it. and its easy and quick to practice, it might be my most replayed after 4 at the rate its going

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    I got a great informational pamphlet that I think would be super useful for Ethan: (Whole ass game spoilers.)

BlackDragon480
  • TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2021
    Gundi wrote: »
    I got a great informational pamphlet that I think would be super useful for Ethan: (Whole ass game spoilers.)

Is that Egon Spengler?

Ticaldfjam on
    mrpakuDark Raven XBlackDragon480
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    I don't have anything particularly in depth to say but I like this game a whole lot.

4 is the only one I'd rate higher than it I think. Maybe the 2 remake not sure.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »

Is that Egon Spengler?

Yep, and the clip was from SCTV, basically a Canadian SNL from the late 70s-early 80s. Ramis was one of the head writers and performers. You also had the likes of John Candy, Dave Thomas, and Rick Moranis.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    Ticaldfjam
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    look resident evil i like you and all but i absolutely hate these nemesis sections in your games. i hate being chased constantly by a bullet sponge. i want to look at all the cracks in the wall you goober monster, leave me alone.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »

Is that Egon Spengler?

Appropriate since,

ebsd5ixth9zu.gif

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

BlackDragon480mxmarksTicaldfjam
    Ethan Spengler

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    look resident evil i like you and all but i absolutely hate these nemesis sections in your games. i hate being chased constantly by a bullet sponge. i want to look at all the cracks in the wall you goober monster, leave me alone.

run to a safe room, save, then reload

PiptheFair wrote: »

NO

how did you get in here anyway, doggo

NO

how did you get in here anyway, doggo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUDcSeUvkOw&t=44s

TicaldfjamEvilCakeOlivawJandaru
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    They lets dogs in everywhere these days theres a pub down the way its like half dogs

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    do they sell them drinks tho

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Hobnail, notorious dog racist

wY6K6Jb.gif
    i never would have guessed he seemed so normal

do they sell them drinks tho

Theres dog "beer" but it is gratis

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

i broke down and bought the village game and i hate it already
    they actually killed mia in the first 5 minutes absolutely fuck you capcom

yeah she may come back because hell mushrooms but still, fuck 'em

spoilers for re7, not village
    mia is a horrible person

she works for The Connections willingly, and took part in the E-series willingly and was totally fucking cool with creating super-children biocurse monsters

StiltsGundiKing RiptorWheatBun01Dark Raven XOlivawDee KaemxmarksOne Thousand CablesDepressperadoturtleantHappy Little MachineKristmas Kthulhu
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular

mia is a horrible person

she works for The Connections willingly, and took part in the E-series willingly and was totally fucking cool with creating super-children biocurse monsters
    Yeah, like

The weirdest thing about RE7 is that Mia basically faced no consequences. Or, at least, did not face consequences that were any worse than what many, many innocent people were subjected to because of the shit she willingly did.

Who knows why Chris showed up and gunned her down now, but she is a horrible person who absolutely had it coming.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    that might be true but it is also true that Mia by and large seems to exist as a character for Capcom to brutally kill off over and over again

Like regardless of the bigger context it's fucked up how many times they find an excuse to show you this woman getting shot to death

MidniteKristmas Kthulhu
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    that might be true but it is also true that Mia by and large seems to exist as a character for Capcom to brutally kill off over and over again

Like regardless of the bigger context it's fucked up how many times they find an excuse to show you this woman getting shot to death
    I think I'd be more bothered by it if the series didn't also have a lot more women in it, both good and bad

The game also has some strong ladies in it and yeah you do have to do a murder on 'em but the series itself has Jill, Ada, Claire, etc

Like, if this was the first game in the series where all the ladies are killed or (in Rose's case) literally objectified then I'd be a lot more upset, but I half expect/dream of some wild bullshit Ada DLC to happen so y'know

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
    OlivawStilts
  • GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    I'm not sure she was totally onboard with all that stuff before she got the job but yes her willingness to overlook shit to save her own skin does not show her as a great person, no.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

mia is a horrible person

Yeah and to add to that
    Im not entirely sure Ethan wasnt a different babysitting project she got feelings for

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    CelloOlivawStilts
    Cello wrote: »

I think I'd be more bothered by it if the series didn't also have a lot more women in it, both good and bad

The game also has some strong ladies in it and yeah you do have to do a murder on 'em but the series itself has Jill, Ada, Claire, etc

Like, if this was the first game in the series where all the ladies are killed or (in Rose's case) literally objectified then I'd be a lot more upset, but I half expect/dream of some wild bullshit Ada DLC to happen so y'know

ada was actually supposed to be in 8! she was sadly cut

• JavenJaven Registered User regular

This is not confirmed, just because it’s in the data mined save files.

It is not infrequent for planned DLC assets to end up in the shipped product.

• DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    Javen wrote: »

This is not confirmed, just because it’s in the data mined save files.

It is not infrequent for planned DLC assets to end up in the shipped product.

there is concept art of her + storyboards included with the fancy editions of the game's extra content, with a caption that states she was supposed to save ethan when the monster mash gang captures him at the beginning

the rare sighting of pip not full of shit

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
    BlackDragon480Magic PinkDamnItCohaagenKristmas Kthulhu
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

sure, that's fair

i didn't finish 7 but i remember just being kinda grossed out by how much the opening chunk involves you and mia doing a bunch of super violent shit to each other that ends with her thanking you as you shoot her in the face or w/e

and then this game started with her getting shot AGAIN and i was just like "okay c'mon now"

CelloKristmas Kthulhu
    the baby is very ugly

i do not want to rescue this very ugly baby

DaebunzOlivawAlphaRomero
    do they ever explain why everyone in "Europe" speaks perfect English with an American accent? I guess it's better than listening to forced made up foreign accents but it is a little weird.

sure, that's fair

i didn't finish 7 but i remember just being kinda grossed out by how much the opening chunk involves you and mia doing a bunch of super violent shit to each other that ends with her thanking you as you shoot her in the face or w/e

and then this game started with her getting shot AGAIN and i was just like "okay c'mon now"

This didn't bother me in the moment but I think it's a reasonable reaction to have!

Steam
    edited May 2021
    do they ever explain why everyone in "Europe" speaks perfect English with an American accent? I guess it's better than listening to forced made up foreign accents but it is a little weird.

I did think this was very funny but honestly I think the choice might have been to avoid making uncomfortable aspersions about other cultures uh, living in sad cult huts in the village and well, I'd prefer that to having one of the few (first?) games about Romania being about murdering all the locals

There is a good Twitter bit that Ethan is too stupid to know more than the continent he is currently on, though

Cello on
    Steam
    Magic Pinknever dieHappy Little Machine
    If all the NPCs spoke Romanian and Ethan had no fucking idea what anyone was talking about the plot wouldnt change even slightly

Magic PinkCelloSpeed RacerGrey GhostStiltsDepressperadocursedkingGundiOlivawnever dieDee KaeHappy Little MachineKristmas KthulhuKana
    In that same vein, I am really cackling up at Leon in REMake2 when, seeing his 170th zombie, it's still WHAT IS THAT OH MY GOD WHAT THE FUCK

On thing about the VIIIage is there's like, green bins around? Who was pickin up the garbage? Heisenberg?

"Now is it tuesdays and thursdays or mondays and wednesdays...?" as he I don't know Gallaghers somebodys head

Magic PinkastrobstrdStiltsDaebunzOlivaw
    where did they get all this discarded chain link fence exactly 2078 miles into the depths of some snowy mountains anyway

edited May 2021
    same dude who was picking up the trash i bet

trades trash for chain link

Magic Pink on
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    where did they get all this discarded chain link fence exactly 2078 miles into the depths of some snowy mountains anyway

It seems like the whole place ran rather smoothly until the events of the game started then they wete told to burn it all down

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    Stilts
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Just got out of the vamp house, definitely loving this game so far. enemy spoilers:
    The flying monkey-esque enemies you meet on the rooftop and then in the vilalge seem hilariously ineffective? They kind of just flutter around and then drop from getting popped a couple times with the hand gun. I've never been like...close to getting hit by one.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
    SatanIsMyMotor
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    So, I died. I respawn, as one is wont to do after dying. I step forward, I'm stabbed in the back, I die again. I respawn. I look behind me - nobody there. I am stabbed in the back, I die again.

I respawn, I just FRANTICALLY spin around. No enemies in sight. And then I am stabbed in the back, I die again.

I respawn, I sprint backwards, I look at where I was spawning. An enemy pops in from nowhere, laying on the ground at my exact respawn point.

I trust y'all. I believe this game will get good at some point. But good lord is it currently a miserable, arbitrarily-cruel slog.

Magic PinkKristmas Kthulhu