As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Resident Evil / Biohazard] - Resident Evil Village expansion in October!

• LuqLuq Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    I am in the castle.

I am using my fancy 3d audio headphones.

I am terrified.

The sound in this is a stress inducing nightmare achievement.
    My main complaint with the castle segment is that the fun of the RE2R with Mr. X was how you could hear him stomping around, and it really sounded like he was just down the hall or in the next room and you got a good idea of where he was.

With the Fly Ladies, they're just jump scares that you can't know their location, and as far as I could tell you couldn't really hear the Lady either, except that the music would freak out.

You can definitely hear the loud click clack of Lady D's heels as she approaches, even in the next room.

FFRK:jWwH RW:Onion Knight's Sage USB
    A Dabble Of TheloniusDark Raven XCelloSatanIsMyMotor
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    This poor motherfuckers hands. Gotdamn.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
    never dieMagic PinkastrobstrdKana
  • never dienever die Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    I found my biggest complaint on normal mode to be how little damage enemies do. They seem to do much less damage than the animations seem to suggest.

never die on
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Okay, I've gotten out of the castle, and I'm warming up to the game. I can actually do damage to enemies, I had more room/freedom to ACTUALLY explore the village. And now I'm into the second manor or zone or whatever, and it RULES.

rhylithGrey GhostCelloLalaboxnever dieA Dabble Of Thelonius
    While I didn't expect a Rude Tales of Magic crossover, I think it's cool that they put Kebin in here

rhylithSpeed RacerGrey GhostCello
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Has anyone called the vampire daughters "Bugsnax" yet? I feel like I'm breaking new ground here

Oh brilliant
    Magic Pink
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    Can't remember if I posted part 2, but part 3 of Nicole Tompkins playtrough is up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql6xyjCBMkI

She mocapped and voiced Jill Vallentine in REMake 3, and played Elena and one of Lady D's daughters in Village. She does playthroughs for a lot of RE games and brings in the other actors as guest stars. For parts 2 and 3 of this series, she is joined by Lady D's mocap/voice actress.

Also I was sad to learn that the actor for one of Lady D's other daughters had sadly passed away earlier this year.

Edit: In this episode, Nicole decides that even though Lady D hates Heisenberg, the daughters really love their "Uncle Heisenberg" and that he's a fun uncle.

Edit2: The Duke's actor (Aaron LePlante) has both a twitter and a cameo account now, and is willing to break up with your significant other for you or whatever.

Lars on
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2021
    Still got an RE itch after playing 7 and 8, saw that the 3 remake is on sale for 20 bucks so I picked it up.

Still very early on and I can see why folks don't like this one as much as the other new ones, but it's still pretty decent.

rhylith on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    Still got an RE itch after playing 7 and 8, saw that the 3 remake is on sale for 20 bucks so I picked it up.

Still very early on and I can see why folks don't like this one as much as the other new ones, but it's still pretty decent.

it's well made, but they cut out a lot of game content and it's subsequently crazy short

we did get hot carlos and hot jill though

turtleant
  • AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular

It's easy to get distracted by how pretty is, but even then they make such a significant error in only the first few minutes by changing Brad's fate that it became quickly apparent they had no idea what they were doing.

turtleant
    PiptheFair wrote: »

it's well made, but they cut out a lot of game content and it's subsequently crazy short

I can see where it being short might bug me at full price (I mean, RE8 was like 10 hours but felt worth every damn penny).

But at 20 bucks it’s fine.

PiptheFair wrote: »

I can see where it being short might bug me at full price (I mean, RE8 was like 10 hours but felt worth every damn penny).

But at 20 bucks it’s fine.

yeah at 20 bucks it's absolutely no problem (also it's way less than 10 hours and way less replayable too imo)

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    RE3 Remake is a game I like quite a lot but it is absolutely terrible at being a remake of the original RE3.

They have almost nothing in common. Even Nemesis is WILDLY different after the like half way point. The remake only has 2 areas that are similar to the original and even those are remixed very heavily.

X22wmuF.jpg
    Dark Raven X
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    RE3 Remake is a game I like quite a lot but it is absolutely terrible at being a remake of the original RE3.

They have almost nothing in common. Even Nemesis is WILDLY different after the like half way point. The remake only has 2 areas that are similar to the original and even those are remixed very heavily.

I feel like having not played the original RE3 worked to my benefit.

I have no idea what all they cut out or changed, so I just had a lot of fun playing a shorter but still enjoyable RE game.

IKknkhU.gif
    turtleantLalaboxrhylithDavid Walgas
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    turtleant wrote: »

I feel like having not played the original RE3 worked to my benefit.

I have no idea what all they cut out or changed, so I just had a lot of fun playing a shorter but still enjoyable RE game.

Probably! I did enjoy it but it left me wishing for a remake that was as faithful as the RE2 one.

X22wmuF.jpg
    I didn't notice the floating forks at first and thought that was Jack Baker and was confused.

Most of the voice/mocap actors for Village got together to livestream a cast party and give away some prizes and goof off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXR36zgYYDo

never die
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I notice Heisenberg always mentions Donna and Moreau but never Lady D. Gives you a good idea of their relationship

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited June 2021
    i like how heisenberg says "mother mirander"

Speed Racer on
    Grey GhostturtleantCelloDark Raven XStilts
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    This last labyrinth puzzle can bite my ass

Poorochondriacastrobstrdnever die
    While playing on Hardcore for my first playthrough was a terrible decision that turned much of the game into a frustrating slog, it DID give me enough CP to get unlimited ammo for my grenade launcher

I immediately took it for a spin on Casual, and man, what a blast. This game is a really fun rollercoaster, when I'm not slamming into brick walls every other hour.

Raijin Quickfoot
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    A B C

Always
    Be
    Casual

CelloRaijin QuickfootStiltsA Dabble Of Thelonius
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Well that might have been the best fight in RE history

Dark Raven X
  • astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    This last labyrinth puzzle can bite my ass

The limited camera when you are trying to get off the gear can suck my butt.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
    Raijin Quickfootnever dieSatanIsMyMotor
  • KamarKamar Registered User regular
    So, about the ending of Village (this has probably already been discussed to death).
    She's definitely grown up talking to Ethan via the hive mind thing, right?

I wonder how long it's been, i.e. accelerated growth seems likelier than a huge time skip right?

Kamar wrote: »
    So, about the ending of Village (this has probably already been discussed to death).
    She's definitely grown up talking to Ethan via the hive mind thing, right?

I wonder how long it's been, i.e. accelerated growth seems likelier than a huge time skip right?

That was my impression yeah.
    I dont think her growth was accelerated the connections did that to Eveline. I think Rose has the memories of everyone infected by her though and Ethans are particularly strong.

Question

Do you have to finish the story to gain CP?

Like, can I start up a new game plus, get my shotgun kills, then go back and use those CP?

Question

Like, can I start up a new game plus, get my shotgun kills, then go back and use those CP?

you gotta finish the story once to unlock the cp store

Question

Once you've beaten the game once and unlocked the shop, all you have to do is complete a challenge and save/auto-save and the CP is yours. So you can sell all but one gun to have enough money to fully upgrade that gun, save in a separate slot and unlock infinite ammo for that gun, then load an old save before you sold all your stuff.

Lars wrote: »
    Question

Once you've beaten the game once and unlocked the shop, all you have to do is complete a challenge and save/auto-save and the CP is yours. So you can sell all but one gun to have enough money to fully upgrade that gun, save in a separate slot and unlock infinite ammo for that gun, then load an old save before you sold all your stuff.

Awesome. That is what I was hoping

edited June 2021
    I had the cast party video running yesterday while multitasking. They seem like a fun group (the actors for the Duke and Lady D frequently talked in their character voices, and the actor for Chris just pretty much sounds like Chris by default). There were some sound issues because any time they got loud the sound would cut out.

Some highlights include:
    • Mia's actor saying "It wasn't Mia's fault this time! Chris screwed everything up!"
    • Answering various fan questions like which other character they would have liked to have played and so on. Donna Beneviento's actor wanted to be the spoiler monster from House Beneviento. Heisenberg's actor chose Lady D. Several chose Lycans.
    • Some tributes to the actor who played Cassandra since she sadly passed away earlier this year.
    • The actors for Chris, Heisenberg, and Moreau weren't able to be physically present so they were there via video chat. Only Heisenberg's actor was able to do this without technical issues, but he was in England (whereas the party was in California I believe) so it was ridiculously late for him.
    • Heisenberg's Actor (who also played several Lycans) recounts how many times he had to throw Ethan's actor to the floor for all the various animations they recorded.
    • The actor for Chris talked about how when mocapping you can't have anything between the camera and your face...which makes scenes where you have to smoke a cigarette rather challenging. You have to pretend to smoke a cigarette that's at least a foot from your face without breaking character.
    • The Duke wasn't actually mocapped. They had video taped the actor during his audition, and had him mime a few movements because at the time they were planning for him to do mocap later. However, once the final design for Duke came in they realized mocap wouldn't be feasible so they ended up using the video as reference material when animating the Duke instead.
    • A rock-paper-scissors competition cumulating in Lady D vs. Chris while Angie jumps up and down in the background shouting "Fight! Fight! Fight!" (Chris won by using "boulder").
    • Angie's actor reveals that the "Fight! Fight! Fight!" bit that she does in the game was actually an ad-lib she did that they decided to keep. She'd also recently talked about that in one of the RE8 streams that Daniela's actor has been doing.
    • Heisenberg's actor mentioning that he didn't think people would as readily notice that he included a bit of Nic Cage in his performance. There were other elements in there too though.
    • Ethan's actor wasn't there, but he texted a picture of his hands to Angie's actor so she could show it on stream. Mia's actor also had a hand prop she carried around.
    • The cast all said "Gay rights!" together...which clipped the mic, so then they had to whisper it all together.

Lars on
    Kristmas KthulhuBlackDragon480King RiptorCelloDark Raven Xturtleantnever dieSatanIsMyMotorHappy Little Machine
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    my favorite BTS tidbit is the height stick they used for Lady D. I'm sure someone has modded it in already so Lady D is just an angry-face stick chasing you around.

Kristmas KthulhuCelloturtleantnever dieMunkus BeaverHappy Little Machine
    Capcom will apparently have RE Village news at E3.
    Probably just REverse but who the fuck cares about RE verse so lets hope its proper DLC

LarsBurnageRaijin Quickfoot
    I can’t be the only one who wishes you could skip
    Lady Benviento’s

Part in the game when you play through it a second time?

It’s awesome, don’t get me wrong, but once you know the whole thing it’s just kind of boring.

AlphaRomeroKraintturtleantKing RiptorDark Raven X
  • astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    I can’t be the only one who wishes you could skip
    Lady Benviento’s

Part in the game when you play through it a second time?

It’s awesome, don’t get me wrong, but once you know the whole thing it’s just kind of boring.

I certainly wish the CP requirement for that part was a bit more generous with the random nature of the encounter
    I got 1min42sec when I guessed it right because I got caught on a corner. The only timed boss one I still need. Does the timer start when you exit the elevator?

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
    Beneviento is hands down my favorite part of my first play through but yeah I can see where they couldve treated it like the saw section of re7 where if you know a lock combination you can skip most of it

Fortunately the whole segment only takes like ten minutes once you know what to do and you're relatively safe, so it's like a short break from the shooting.

For the timed boss thing, I just reloaded the checkpoint until she was in the first place I checked all three times.

Also, apparently people are making fanart of Nicole Thompkins various livestreams, including the recent cast party.

Raijin Quickfootnever die
  • GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    capcom make me a RE VIllage dating system

DO IT YOU COWARDS