As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warhammer], space or old world everyone needs hammers

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »
    honovere wrote: »
    The first page of the old Inquisitor rulebook has this little conversation by what might be the founders of the Inquistion discussion what might be the repercussions of that happening.

It leads to an immediate schism in the Inquistion.

Civil War 2: electric boogaloo. (Well, technically CW3, Vandire already started the second one a few millennia ago.

Well
    I don't think Big E is gonna pop up off the throne anytime soon. But I bet he's gonna be doing a whole lot more stuff now when it comes to trolling Chaos.
    Imperial Demons have been a rumor for ages

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    I'm betting
    the more Primarchs start popping back up, the more the Emperor will have an anchor in reality to come back to

there are still quite a few of them that are MIA and could potentially arrive to reinforce/rival Big Blue

I have a rumor from the Rock about this:

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I love the plot progression but...
    6b2.jpg

Warhammer End Times and Age of Sigmar do not inspire me.

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    If GW knows what they're doing, they'll progress the 40K timeline up to the Final War (the Wolftime, Rhana-Dandra, etc.) and then not progress it in detail any further. Never establish a singular official position on who's winning or what happens on a galactic scale. Leave it up to the individual hobbyists to establish their own ideas and stories of who wins and encourage them to play it out on the battlefield of the tabletop.

I don't see them doing this for another, say, 10 or 20 years, but, if their Story department is competent, I think that's what they'll do.

Or there's never going to be a Final War and GW will progress the timeline such that, in the grim darkness of the far future, there will be only war in perpetuity. That's another valid wargaming business strategy.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Elaro wrote: »
    If GW knows what they're doing, they'll progress the 40K timeline up to the Final War (the Wolftime, Rhana-Dandra, etc.) and then not progress it in detail any further. Never establish a singular official position on who's winning or what happens on a galactic scale. Leave it up to the individual hobbyists to establish their own ideas and stories of who wins and encourage them to play it out on the battlefield of the tabletop.

I don't see them doing this for another, say, 10 or 20 years, but, if their Story department is competent, I think that's what they'll do.

Or there's never going to be a Final War and GW will progress the timeline such that, in the grim darkness of the far future, there will be only war in perpetuity. That's another valid wargaming business strategy.

Is that not where they are already?

• Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Yeah, right now they seem to be in option 2. They foreshadowed that there's going to be an End Times or option 1, but that may be a red herring.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Earliest days of the end. Rumors of primarchs are on the move again etc

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    sickos.png
    The first page of the old Inquisitor rulebook has this little conversation by what might be the founders of the Inquistion discussion what might be the repercussions of that happening.

Civil War 2: electric boogaloo. (Well, technically CW3, Vandire already started the second one a few millennia ago.

Well
    I don't think Big E is gonna pop up off the throne anytime soon. But I bet he's gonna be doing a whole lot more stuff now when it comes to trolling Chaos.
    that's what living saints are

• Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Put together enough Infinity shit to play some intro games with a friend. Hopefully this will spur him into action so we can play properly.

It was also a good distraction from a federal election that may have gone badly here. It did not go badly. Double win.

I have really been spoilt by citadel and plastic lately though. Ergh metals. Ergh trimming injection points and mould lines off metals.

ojy2ul2marhw.png

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Me: I need to find the squad of Death Korps of Krieg I got from Forgeworld back in the day.

*Ten minutes later digging through boxes totally not remembering stuff I owned and painted*

Ah, here we go. Except it is twenty Forgeworld DkoK stormtroopers and ten combat engineers with shotguns? Also two DkoK commissars and a third one on a rough rider horse?!?

These guys are a little bland though. I might touch them up. Also noticeably smaller than the plastic Kill Team DkoK.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    They’re narrower across the shoulders for sure but they work OK with the spare arms, I think. Just don’t try to mix’n’match the guns in the same squad; that’s where the difference really tells.
    abjylilb4dyn.jpeg

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Well none of mine share weapons with the plastic as they have hellguns or rotary shotguns so I’m good there.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Totally in for the new HH box

Gonna do a heresy

• Options
    AsherAsher Registered User regular
    Yeah Heresy has got its insidious claws back into me. I'm painting Raven Dad after uhhhh 5? years of him sitting on a shelf gathering dust.
    SnjyVlC.jpg?1
    I'm remembering how much I loved my Raven Guard and so I'm like 90% certain to grab the box for a pile of beakies etc

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    I mentioned in the other thread, but a color scheme working with muted grays like that is absolutely gorgeous.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    A lot of artists like the idea of a nice-good friendly and fashionable* skaven. Such ideas are not always well received. 1/3

* Undeniably fashionable by virtue of having a belt that isn't just a rope.

CW: Ratte blood, wee bit of the ole cannibalism.
    FTnUAi9WQAEr29A.png
    FTnUAi8XEAIGsAA.png
    FTnUAi9WIAAHwcQ.png
    FTnUOFcX0AUARrj.png
    FTnUoMXXwAIC5A3.png
    FTnUoMoWUAEBA2T.png
    FTnUoNbWAAAjekx.png
    FTnUoOSXEAINkNA.png
    FTnVs_YX0AEQqsu.png
    FTnVs_kWQAEUPoW.png

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Warhammer 40k fans when they have the same favourite Primarch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyjxyFkPoes

august on
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    OI, SPOICE MUHREENS

https://youtu.be/Al4qqzdS6TI

also, Rogue Trader crpg!

https://youtu.be/MxzLatDb1fg

also, 40k retro shooter?

https://youtu.be/PCDPIrqZ2GU

ah yeah and Darktide or whatever

https://youtu.be/P59fL6FWbA8

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Boltgun seems like such a slam dunk concept I’m worried they’re going to screw up the execution somehow

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Oh, so turns out Boltgun isn't a game where you play the machine spirit of a relic Boltgun throughout the 10k years of the Imperium getting picked up by new characters along the way whenever your previous bearer dies.

Looks okay anyway.

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    You are of course an ultramarine.

Could have at least gone imperial fist

• Options
    Black Templar fits best with the Doom aesthetic imo.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »

Well, apart from World Eater.

• Options
    But they're the baddies!

• Options
    I am fully back on the wagon with the new Heresy set. Still working on which legion I want to go for. Doing some painting experimentation to see which scheme I can handle painting because I'll need to paint A LOT of it.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Oh, so turns out Boltgun isn't a game where you play the machine spirit of a relic Boltgun throughout the 10k years of the Imperium getting picked up by new characters along the way whenever your previous bearer dies.

Looks okay anyway.

A first person rail shooter in 40k?
    I think I could see that working.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    But they're the baddies!

Rebuttal:
    qbfx0eamkyf6.png

Tell me that guy has no familiarity with blood, skulls, or the number 8.

• Options
    see317 wrote: »

Looks okay anyway.

A first person rail shooter in 40k?
    I think I could see that working.

If you're playing the boltgun, you're not choosing when to fire, you're choosing whether to fire when your handler pull the trigger. I could see this as a branching-narrative type of game: if you choose to shoot the bolt, the narrative goes one way; if you don't, another.

• Options
    Auralynx wrote: »
    But they're the baddies!

Rebuttal:
    qbfx0eamkyf6.png

I’ll grudgingly admit the Doom Marine can probably count to 8 because he still clearly has all his fingers.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular

Well, apart from World Eater.

I'd say blood angels fit better.

Not just because I'm a fan boy for the 9th legion

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    I have very mixed feelings about Rogue Trader. Owlcat clearly loves their subject matter and make very pretty games, but their encounter design assumes vast amounts of system mastery and numerous gotchas.

My main hope is that they don't have as much experience powergaming Fantasy Flight's ruleset as they do Pathfinder and just go Regular 40k Ridiculous instead of Mega 40k Ridiculous.

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    But they're the baddies!

Rebuttal:
    qbfx0eamkyf6.png

But then it would be called Chain Axe.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    GrudgeGrudge blessed is the mind too small for doubtRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    sickos.png

Well
    that's what living saints are

Also
    Legion of the Damned says hi

• Options
    I just ordered so much stuff.

• Options
    I just got the box set. I don't think I'll actually paint it until sometime next year; I've got a lot of Kill Team and Blackstone Fortress to get through first. But I do think that I'm done purchasing any more models for the rest of the year as I just have a mountain of a backlog now. That being said I'll continue to make exceptions for the bespoke Kill Team releases.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    isn't there an actual, playable Man of Iron in Blackstone Fortress? I'm amazed GW okayed that, if there was one thing I was sure would always remain an obscure lore thing it was that

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    isn't there an actual, playable Man of Iron in Blackstone Fortress? I'm amazed GW okayed that, if there was one thing I was sure would always remain an obscure lore thing it was that

Even odds they end up as a Votann unit

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Next up, canonically accurate Felinids!

wcez4jb74hcl.jpeg

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options

Even odds they end up as a Votann unit

Definitely not impossible, but they've gone into UR-25's perspective in the spinoff fiction a couple of times and he really doesn't read that way.

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular

Allegedly.

*cough*

Don't leave him alone with any mechanics dudes. It will end poorly.