Options

[Warhammer], space or old world everyone needs hammers

1495051525355»

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited June 29
    There were normal human guardsmen all over that gameplay video from months ago?

I meant more like a cutscene named character similar to the imperial woman from the first game. So far it’s all been space marines chatting and getting cutscene face time

Also that lore is interesting, where did they release that? Cos it looks like the game will definitely be dealing with it since I’m pretty sure that was a death watch dude at the end of the latest video

I think it works great as a narrative framework because it puts new players and just players in general in a much more “outsider” role, which is always easier to make work in games where you need stuff restated to you or explained, and it fulfils rhe natural desire to be unique and get some friction between ostensible ally characters, which always make for a more interesting story moment to moment

I know stoic and unquestioning is kind of literally in the dna of space marines but I hope they use the opportunity to make Titus a little more complex and layered.

Prohass on
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited June 29
    The Deathwatch dude at the end is basically a 1-1 version of the physical blackshield model. So that fits with the spoiler
    04e1d849170325376fbd561257cdb341_108852.jpg

honovere on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited June 29
    wrong subforum

Weaver on
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    So, some French dude made a slaaneshi soul grinder daemon engine at “IRL” scale and it’s pretty rad:
    Slightly NSFW:
    9x2lv0px784a.jpeg
    It even breathes fire.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    I saw the news that Focus put out about the Space Marine 2 game going Gold (meaning it’s ready to print), and I’m a little worried about it? There’s no public beta for the multiplayer, and the PC specs haven’t been released yet. Is this a sign that they’re not confident in the game and are hoping the initial hype will be enough to make people preorder and buy on launch and allow them to make back their costs? Am I being too cynical, and is this just a normal practice for non-AAA studios?

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    I saw the news that Focus put out about the Space Marine 2 game going Gold (meaning it’s ready to print), and I’m a little worried about it? There’s no public beta for the multiplayer, and the PC specs haven’t been released yet. Is this a sign that they’re not confident in the game and are hoping the initial hype will be enough to make people preorder and buy on launch and allow them to make back their costs? Am I being too cynical, and is this just a normal practice for non-AAA studios?

I am not worried, no. Not all games need public multiplayer betas. I have no idea how big the studio is so i can't say it this is in keeping with other studies their size or not but it is definitely a thing.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    If the game is done, and you're confident in your product, why wouldn't you do a public multiplayer beta, if for no other reason than to assess initial server load and address networking problems? I got bit hard by Alien: Colonel Marines. Never preorder! (I say confidently, though I preordered both Helldivers II and Dragon's Dogma II).

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    My guess is because Space Marine 2 is a single player game first. So that is what they focused on.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    If you are buying Space Marines 2 solely to play the PVP multiplayer i think you are probably going to be disappointed. The co-op and single player are obviously the big focus.

• Options
    Counterpoint, pvp multiplayer was my favorite part of Space Marine I. I liked all aspects of it, but I spent at least 250 hours doing pvp. It was a good system, limited as it was, and I didn't play even play with the expansion. Look, I want Space Marine 2 to be great, and I like what I've see so far, but if the devs announced they're not doing a beta to focus on getting the game out in time... but then the game is ready to release 2 months early, that kind of inconsistency makes me nervous. Moreover, my understanding is that from a purely technical point of view, most devs would agree that hosting an open beta to work on stress testing server-client interactions is generally worth the effort. And from a consumer standpoint, some sort of free demo communicates a lot of faith in your own product. When you don't do that, it's usually because you think a free demo is going to hurt sales, likely because your gameplay loop isn't very fun. Finally, eliminating multiplayer and demo concerns, why haven't they released the PC specs yet? Are they still optimizing and hoping that they can do a day-0 patch that will improve PC performance significantly for older cards? Is it only running right now on high end specs? What would be the reason not to release specs yet?

I'm not saying that these things are necessary or 100% indicators of a great game, but I'm feeling nervous that they're absent, and reminding me that the gameplay is focused on first player doesn't really help eliminate those worries. I haven't preordered yet, and more than ever I think I'm going to wait for reviews for this one.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    Man i don't think i have ever considered any of that about any game i have ever been hyped for. That sounds exhausting to be honest. Honestly most of that sounds like pretty normal game stuff. I think the last demo i played was for Dragons Dogma 2 and it was just the character creator. Before that i can't even remember. Maybe never. Multiplayer stress tests cost money and dev time and the may be waiting until closer to the release date. I think it's kind of weird that you are saying you are going to wait for reviews as though that is the oddity, when preordering should really be the exception. Only maybe 4 or 5 studies get preorders from me and this one is not one of them.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    There have been a few closed MP betas, also friend you need to lie down all that stressing ain't good for you, its just video games.