Options

Are you a figment of someone else's imagination?

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    I'm a made-up person
    there are a lot more liars than I expected among this crowd of fake dreamed-up people who post on a forum

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    (lie) I really exist, lol
    If I'm a figment of someone else's imagination, then I take issue with their design.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    i would be so boring to imagine there is literally no way

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I'm a made-up person
    it would take so much pressure off of me if I'm actually just a background character in someone's dream or whatever

• Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    If the world is someone else's dream or program, my existence is clearly an error or a glitch.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I'm a made-up person
    Good lord I hope people have a better imagination than that

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    i stink therefore i am

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I'm a made-up person
    God I hope I'm a made up person.

I no longer have to be responsible for being a huge piece of shit

• Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    God I hope I'm a made up person.

I no longer have to be responsible for being a huge piece of shit

And thus Juggernut invented religion

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2021
    I'm a made-up person
    I wouldn't be surprised to find out I'm the protagonist in somebody else's imagined narrative, but I would feel really bad for letting them down so thoroughly. This fic was probably supposed to Go Places.

tynic on
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    I'm a made-up person
    This is not my beautiful house

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2021
    whoever wrote me started me off strong with a cool-ass name and a badass facial scar I got as a toddler and a broken home with a shaky sibling relationship but a strong single mother role model, a childhood of trying to stay out of trouble while my brother did everything he could to pull me in

and what they ended up with was a nerd who spent his teen years playing video games literally in his friend's basement and writing Diablo fanfic and later making out with his anime nerd girlfriend, and then became an English major who decided he doesn't like to write and has never even smoked weed

sorry my friend, you got scammed

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I'm a made-up person
    I am not a fictional character.

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I'm a made-up person
    I want to be the villain.

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    I'm a made-up person
    This is not my beautiful wife

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Nobody would ever be dumb enough to imagine my ridiculous life, so unfortunately I am real.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I'm a made-up person
    I am the guy you make up to get mad at

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    I'm a made-up person
    3cl1ps3 wrote: »
    Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?
    Is it solipsistic in here or is it just Me?

there’s a glitch in the matrix here

one or both of you are not real

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    I'm a made-up person
    We're all just holograms stretched across the surface of a massive black hole man

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Just getting a jump start on the next round of Epic/Apple arguments I see.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    I'm a made-up person
    My life is clearly some kind of There and Back Again narrative, except the writer was like "Let's make it super edgy and clearly fucked up, but the MC is completely unaware of it for the entire first half.

Just a lot of dangerous shenanigans, creeping dread, and outright horror juxtaposed with, "I really wish I'd slept in more this morning."

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I'm a made-up person
    so I have been seeing the phrase "crossed the rainbow bridge" a lot lately, as a euphemism for death. Like, over the past few months, but I am preeetty certain I've never heard it before that and it's kinda worrying me, like I'm in a coma or trapped in a fake reality and that's like, my way out

• Options
    I'm a made-up person
    one day I'm just vibin' and realize the bridge I'm on is painted for Pride month and I look toward my destination and there it is
    wake up please wake up

• Options
    I'm a made-up person
    Common misconception! You don't cross the Rainbow Bridge after dying - you cross the Rainbow Bridge and then die. Presumably killed by Leprechauns

I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    I'm a made-up person
    Killed by Leprechauns is my goth flogging molly cover band for sure.

• Options
    I'm a made-up person
    Personally I'd keep the "Presumably" in there as well

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    ThroThro pgroome@penny-arcade.com Registered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »
    Personally I'd keep the "Presumably" in there as well
    Yeah but then you're an indie rock coverband of Flogging Molly and nobody needs that right now.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm a made-up person
    so I have been seeing the phrase "crossed the rainbow bridge" a lot lately, as a euphemism for death. Like, over the past few months, but I am preeetty certain I've never heard it before that and it's kinda worrying me, like I'm in a coma or trapped in a fake reality and that's like, my way out

I see it a lot in pet-owner circles, it's been around for a while.
    It's also very dumb, but people have weird coping mechanisms. I can handle it a lot better than middle aged ladies with male dogs posting pics with "check out my spunky boy!"

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    It's from this, which has been around for quite awhile.

I don't personally find it especially comforting but to each their own.

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Sounds like somebody’s aunt heard about Valhalla and stopped before they got to the warriors dying in battle bit.

sarukun on
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I'm a made-up person
    wait so there's pet heaven and it's like, the prelude to regular heaven? you just hook back up with all your dead pets and then you go to Asgard together?

that actually sounds awesome

Depressperado on
  • Options
    Also sounds like somebody’s aunt heard pets can’t get into heaven and made up some bullshit about a pet heaven because the idea of her widdle biddle being soulless and ceasing to exist after death was too much tragedy for her brittle spirit to handle.

• Options
    edited May 2021
    I'm a made-up person
    well I mean yeah but regular heaven is also some confronted by the frailty and meaningless chaos of existence feelgood nonsense

people need to have a thing, or you existentially collapse

Depressperado on
  • Options
    I try to make my thing “everything is meaningless and that’s fine, be good”.

But really my thing is chips and salsa.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I'm not convinced that there's a heaven or hell, but if there is, my dog is in heaven on account of being such a good boy

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    i'm real

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i'm real

no you're not

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    I'm a made-up person
    man I got some scratches on one of my glasses lenses somehow

do you think if I brought them back to the place I got them from, they can fix it or buff it out or whatever? they fixed it when my one screw was loose and the lens fell o-that's how it got scratched.

or am I gonna have to just live with like, 4% of my vision right in the center being blurry

it's like my eyes have a dead pixel

• Options
    I'm a made-up person
    i'm real

no you're not

one of them only lies, one of them only tells the truth.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    what if both of them lie much of the time?