Options

[Overwatch 2] OWCS's First Major Begins Friday 2:00 PM ET

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »
    There's no way the universe lets Infernal not go 0-2, right?
    👀

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited September 2023
    Atlanta vs London
    I'm shocked at how bad Atlanta looks. Boston appeared to figure out how to counter London in real time. Did Atlanta just not watch that match?

Edit: Atlanta pulling a season 1 NYXL.

BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    reign spitfire
    it's not like i had reign winning my bracket but i wasn't expecting them to get folded like origami neither

yeesh

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    reign spitfire
    it's not like i had reign winning my bracket but i wasn't expecting them to get folded like origami neither

yeesh
    well at least I don't have to worry about my previous comment about the obvious team winning it all. jesus christ

• Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    Spark/Uprising
    Is it gonna happen again?

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Just got home, let's see what happened today...

Ah. Ah, I see.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    edited September 2023
    This map is gonna give me a fuckin' heart attack.
    LET'S FUCKING GOOOOO!

Rock Lobster! on
    Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    Dallas vs Florida
    Goddamn! Florida looks really good.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    one thing I can say, this sure is an Overwatch League tournament lol

just so much crazy shit already

• Options
    okay taking some time to actually watch through the Spark/Uprising game and
    While I think Boston definitely had a lot of bad decision-making as a result of nerves and frustration, the story of the match is that mmonk is very good and guxue's Doomfist is very fucking clean

• Options
    Dallas vs Florida
    Goddamn! Florida looks really good.
    So good on the Sigma that Hanbin was forced to mirror and then they just swap to Rein and run em over. The Flux/Artillery combos were disgusting. Even without the combo it feels like Mer1t gets 2 kills with Artillery every time.

• Options
    Rookie of the Year
    Sugarfree robbed! Donghak was good, but he was always the weakest part of Atlanta.

• Options
    I am HERE for all of these different Artillery Strike + CC ult combos.

• Options
    London finessing this bot on push is fantastic.

• Options
    UGsMBS2.png

• Options
    Awards
    I don't think the Dennis Hawelka award should be given out every season and this was one of those seasons (last year, too), but I guess Someone seems to be the most appropriate player for it. He 100% deserved MVP, though. I'm glad we didn't get a repeat of the Rookie of the Year award from yesterday.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    #BRINGTHEMAYHEM #BRICKEDUP #LETHEMCOOK

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Uprising/Mayhem Map 3
    The swaps are out of control

• Options
    Aside from the first map, this match has been a banger.

• Options
    WHEW that was a great match. Super narrow margins other than the first map.

• Options
    SHOWTIME

• Options
    Finals spoilers
    Iys3i95.png

• Options
    IT'S JOEVER

• Options
    Baidol wrote: »
    Finals spoilers
    Iys3i95.png

pure cinema

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Hey @BionicPenguin

You're PotatoKing on the pick 'ems right?

• Options
    I am. I didn't realize how well I did with my playoffs bracket! The only matches I got completely wrong were the two Spark reverse sweeps.

• Options
    The winner of the PA Scrimbux Exchange Pick 'Ems is...

BionicPenguin!

The win comes by a single point over miscellaneousinsanity who took 2nd by a single point over yours truly.

Unfortunately I was unable to go back to back to back 2nd place finishes.

Well done everyone! Farewell Overwatch League (probably)!

• Options
    This video at the end of the broadcast is great. Looking back at all the big plays and whatnot over all 6 years.

• Options
    man, soe's closing remarks and those ending montages...

o7

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    o7

• Options
    i totally threw with the amount of APAC games i forgot to pred for, but i love that we all ended up with 1 pt margins

more importantly i made 100k avast channel points off that last game WOOOO #BRICKEDUP

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    I got robbed of half the APAC bracket for Midseason Madness. I swear I picked teams but it didn't save (no it was my fault).

• Options
  • Options
    Albert "Dickomode" Yeah, GM of the Florida Mayhem, did a subs-for-leaks/stories stream yesterday and I learned that he facilitated the Boston Uprising being the first to lose to Shanghai. He sold out Boston to OWL by informing them that Fusions, their Rein player who was on a two-way contract at the time and could only play two matches per stage, was set to play a third match against Shanghai so Boston had to pull Fusions just before he went on stage. The backup tank did...poorly.

• Options
    And it was because he didn't want Florida to be the first team to lose to Shanghai.

• Options
    man that's crazy but you would think the league would, y'know...have some sort of system in place to catch that themselves

• Options
    edited October 2023
    miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    yeah ngl this style of Sombra gameplay seems way better for everyone involved and personally I think it still leaves her with a pretty dang unique ability set

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    Pour one out for Zenyatta (again)

• Options
    I'm having a blast with new Sombra. I was skeptical from the descriptions but it's very fluid and engaging in action.